Long Term Partner: -Seven Days, Seven Years-

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That's good," she said. "Don't mind them, it's not like that's the first time I encountered such men," with the thought she frowned. "I can handle them," she told him. Krystal wouldn't share the fact it irritated her at the same time terrified her.

"Hey baby!" Hollered the man from table nine. Krystal groaned. "I'll come back later," she state unhappily but walked with a smile on her face. "What can I do for you gentlemen?" She asked as she stopped by their table. "You can do me," the man said holding her hand pulling her closer.

Krystal panicked. "Take your hands of me!" She screamed, yanking her wrist from his grip. "Oh come sweet thing," the man continued. "You'll be wanting my hands on you by the end of the night." Krystal's mind was gripped with fear. Memories of her past flashed. "I said don't touch me!" This time her voice was full of panic and fear. Krystal stepped back but the man stood up. "Shut up you'll like it..." The mean reached for her again.

This time the man had gone too far. In that instant, it was like Vence was an entirely different person, his eyes turning cold and sharp like blades ready to strike. He was up in a second, moving himself between Kyrstal and the man, grabbing his wrist and held it tight. At a glance he might not appear to be too strong, but his grip was like iron, and it seemed like he might possible break the man's arm. He stared coldly into the guy's eyes, his expression calm even though he had anger boiling up inside of him.

"She said no." He said, his voice having changed as well. What was once a kind and soothing tone, was now harsh and and held a warning threat. "Step away from her and do not touch her again, you horny mongrel. People like you are disgusting and don't belong in a public place."

He released the man's wrist but kept his place between him and Kyrstal to make sure he didn't go for her again. Men like these deffinitely made him sick, and it made other guys like him look bad and a disgrace. He at least thought that the men accompanying him would have stepped in to stop him, but they had done nothing. People these days.

Krystal just stood there motionless. She felt her knees buckle. Her eyes seemed to looked at something far away staring into nothingness. The memories flashed in her eyes. "Vance," she whispered. "Don't they'll just hurt me more. He'll just hurt me more if you try to protect me. Just like what she did."

She was talking, saying words both relatable and un relatable to the situation. Her body gave way to fear and her knees buckled and she fell down.A panic attack started in her and tears streamed down her face.

"I can't escape," she exclaimed. "I run and run and run, but it keeps catching up to me. I can never escape from him. I'm forever in his torture." Krystal turned into a ball and cried. Jenkins came and tried to sooth her but she continued crying.

Vence glanced down at Krystal when she had collapsed, then glared harder at the man who had tried to touch her, stepping up to him. "Leave, before I make you." The man had narrowed his eyes at him, holding his wrist, but looked a little uncertained.

Finally with a growl, he turned and left the restaurant with his buddies. Vence then knelt down beside Kyrstal, pulling her up to her feet and lead her around the counter and moved her to the back. He went into the break room, sitting her down on a chair, figuring it would be better for her to have some privacy instead of being out there in front of everyone. He knew that he wasn't allowed back here, but he was worried about her.

"Are you ok?" He asked her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

She just let him guide her through the back of the dinner, to the break room. She felt weak and she just want to succumb to the darkness that is trying to grip her. "He touched me, I was scared. I felt trapped," whispered Krystal.

Her heart was pounding hard and reluctantly stood up. "I need to get back and finish my shift," she willed herself to steady. "I can't let that get to me, again."

Krystal looked at Vance and weakly smiled. "Thank you, but I am well." She lied. She wanted to go home and curl ip in a ball and escape her nightmares.

((It's Vence actually X3))

When she tried to stand up, Vence placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and made her sit back down, shaking his head. "No, you're obviously not fit to work right now. You need to go home and get some rest, you look terrible. No offense..." He added, not wanting to make her feel bad.

But it was true. She looked like a frightened rabbit ready to bolt at the tiniest noise or movement, and he skin was so pale that it reminded him of snow. She looked like she was going to be sick, or maybe even pass out, and he could still see her hands trembling. No, she wasn't fit to work right now, that much was certain. He wasn't going to let her work whether she wanted to or not, although how he was going to go about doing that, he wasn't sure. He didn't want to make her worse by forcibly dragging her out of the diner and have the cops be called on him, but he really didn't want her working still.

"Lets just get you home." He said. "I'm sure they'll understand. You need the night off and just stay at home and rest. You'll be good to go in the morning, all you need is a break." He tried encouraging her.

It was obvious that she didn't put her own well being before others, so he had to make sure to make her feel that everyone will be ok without her, that they didn't need her today. If she felt bad or guilty at all then she wouldn't do it, no matter how much Vecne would try to convince her otherwise. She needed the rest and if she continued, then she might just end up meeting a similar customer and go into a mental break down or something. It was obvious that she had had a horrible experience with this kind of thing, but he didn't dare bring it up or mention it.

She shook her head. "I can't rush hour hasn't passed and I can't afford the absent." The job was her time to forget. Time to pretend everything was normal when it's not. It's so hard for her to forget when every time she sleeps memories comes back to haunt her.

A touch as hard as the one she received tonight was a thorough reminder that she can never escape the hard hand of a man. Vence, although nice and very thoughtful, still gave fuel to her fear. She wanted nothing from him. One because she wanted to earn only what she had worked for. Second, she cannot owe a man too much. She cannot be as weak as her mother depending and owing her father so much.

"Vence, right?" She asked. "I appreciate the effort but I can handle. I'll take the orders and let my co-worker handle the serving. I won't trouble you further. Besides, I still owe you good service," she smiled weakly.

((Damn...i am so sorry. I thought it was Vance....you may kill me when i get your name wrong :-(( ))

((I won't XD It's fine, I've done the same to other peoples' characters, so no worries))

Vence was still not convinced, but he saw that his arguments weren't going to win her over, so he let out a breath of defeat. "Alright..."

He could try, but that might only make her more fearful and matters worse. He didn't want to give her more trouble, so he backed off and stepped away from her. He had given her that money in hopes to help her, but that only seemed to make her work harder, and it didn't look like she had any plans spending it. He had no idea what this girl was going through, but it didn't seem like she was making anything easier for herself. She was running herself ragged and kept pushing and pushing. All he wanted was to help, but she wanted none of it unless she 'earned' it.

"At least rest back here for just a moment." He begged. "I'll go ahead and leave, but try to take it easy. OK?"

She was torn between staying and going home. Kyrstal just wants to curl up in a ball on her bed, blanket covering her like a shield. Then again, she needed to tips she'll be making until the end of her shift for tomorrow's groceries. Then again, people like Vence, would always worry, and so will her co-workers and pester her until she leaves. Contemplating on her decision, she sat back down. "Thank you..." she whispered, not sure to what she's thanking Vence for. Maybe, for the fact he let her stay, or the fact that he seemed genuinely caring. Maybe even both, but she won't go further into that.

"I think I'll stay for at least an hour more, my shift won't be finished until midnight, and that's five hours from now, " she admitted. "I don't think those men won't trouble me anymore anyway." Krystal sighed in defeat, wiping her face from frustration.

"You go Vence, I'll be just fine," she looked at him. "Thank you again."

Last edited by a moderator:
Vence was relieved to see that she was going to stay, even if it was only for a little while, but it was better than nothing. He could understand that she continued to work because she needed to money, though he wished that she would just use the money he gave her. It wasn't like he'd be doing it often, it was just a one time kind of thing, though maybe he'll still give her big tips, like at least $20. She was a waitress, she'd never make a full living out of that kind of money, so he wanted to help out in anyway he could. He pulled back a chair and sat down, still looking at her with concern.

"I can stay if you like." He offered. "I have no where important to be tonight. And you really don't have to stay if you don't want to, just please use the money I gave you, it's really nothing. I won't ever tip you like that again, but there's really no point in having given you that if you won't even spend it. I might as well take it back."

He didn't want to though, but it seemed like this money was just making her work harder and feel worse. He never intended for that to happen. and he wasn't really serious about taking it back, just making a point. With it she could just leave right now if she wanted, she'd be good, but she still made herself work as if she had no money at all. He felt really bad...

She wanted to believe him, but people who gives her money don't ask something in return. But when he said he wanted to take it back, she became skeptical. Low wages barely makes her survive, and that extra two hundred, seemed enough for her to last for a month, and the monthly check can pay for her other bills. "I'll take it," she finally conceded. "But because I badly need it." She looked down, unsure if she should feel ashamed or lucky to stumble upon money like that.

Tonight had been hectic, and she wanted to avoid the building head ache. She stood up. "Stay if you wish Vence, it's your choice, I just don't want to trouble you with my own troubles," she stated before walking towards the exit. "Oh yeah, you haven't finished your meal, I can give you a slice of pie, on the house." With that, she returned back out and talked to Jefferson. "Can I stay for one more hour? Just to be fare on the minimum time," she asked him. He just nodded sadly at her and got back to work. She cleaned up tables, but was asked to not take anymore tables, just clean and bring in orders.

Vence smiled at her, relieved that she was taking the money. It was the whole reason why he gave it to her, so that it would help her out, knowing that she doesn't make much in tips. However his smile faded when she insisted on saying, and he could only sigh as she stood up and walked out the door without waiting for his reply. Well, not much he could do with that. He hesitated, considering on whether he should leave or not, but he was still concerned about her health. What if she went into another episode while he was gone?

That seemed to settle his decision, so he decided to take her offer on her pie, walking out of the back room and went back to his seat. He planned to eat his pie slowly, maybe order something else and stay till she leaves, He wouldn't follow her home though, that'd just be weird, and he didn't want to look like some kind of stalker. Now he was starting to have second thoughts... Maybe he'll just stay and make sure that she's ok, then leave. He didn't want to keep bothering her.

The minutes dragged on as she continued her shift, hoping for it to end soon. She wanted to go home, but the money she can earn if she finished the shift would be a great help for her. It was something she needed, for her to feel secure. Deep inside, she knows she must run sooner or later, run away from this town and go to the next. But at what cost? She can't run anymore and she knows it, so she needed to establish a quiet life in this town. Krystal knew he was watching, and at somehow she never felt scared of his watchful eyes. There wasn't much trouble in the diner after the 'incident' and she worked in peace. Vence was just there, and eating the pie she had offered slowly, but she didn't mind his presence and his help. But she can't shake of the feeling he is a man that can make or break her even more. That she is most certain.

When her shift finally finished she clocked out and bid her good bye. The end of the dinner rush was the end of her time, and she quickly grabbed her things, from the backroom and dashed out of the other. Krystal knew she needed to walk fast. Afraid of the people at night, and afraid that the darkness will grab her and never bring her back. It was like this everyday, she clutched her bag near her and she wold walk faster, but not too fast as to not attract attention. She would discreetly turn down the block and enter the apartment door at the end of the street and lock herself up until her next shift the next day.

[Finally got to reply. Sorry it took this long for me to gather my thoughts.]

Vence remained in his seat the entire time, eating his free pie slowly so that he could stay there longer, taking small bites. He didn't really want a free pie, but it seemed to make Krystal a little happier, so he didn't argue. He was at least glad that she finally accepted his money, and planned on using it, hoping that it'll at least help catch her up or a little ahead. He knew that life could be hard when your job was waitressing, your entire life based on the tips you receive, which will determine if you can pay the bills or not. He was happy to help in some way.

He kept an eye on Krystal entire time, though didn't constantly stare at her, usually keeping his eyes on his pie and would glance up now and then. He wanted to make sure that no other incidents would happen while she was working, though thankfully, nothing like that seemed to happen. People were leaving her alone, much to his relief, though he was still keeping a watchful eye out. It was hard enough for a waitress to do her job as it is, but to have others harass them while working was just shameful, and he hated people like that. He knew that this was none of his business, but it didn't seem like anyone else was helping her, so why shouldn't he?

He finished his pie just a little before Krystal's shift ended, standing up from his seat and left the restaurant, not wanting to push his luck by leaving another tip. He didn't want to make Krystal feel even more bad, so he'll save it for another time, which shouldn't be too bad. However he didn't go home, only lingered outside but away from the entrance, so that no one would notice him. He waited till he spotted Krystal walk out, and he went after her, but she was walking awfully fast. He had a little trouble catching up, and he didn't want to make it seem like he was chasing her, so he called out to her.

"Krystal! Wait up!"

He wanted to make sure she got home safely, but he didn't want to look like a stalker, so he thought it would be better to walk with her. Not stay hidden behind corners and secretly watch her. Now that was creepy. He hoped that she would allow him to walk with her though. It was too dark out, and a lot of creeps were lingering around, especially in this part of town. You could never be too careful, strangers just waiting to jump out and either steal purses or rape their victims. With two people it was at least less likely to happen, but even if it did, Vence would be prepared to fight the crook if necessary
((It's ok)).

The chances of anyone actually calling her as she walked down the street is a million to none. She's had always kept to herself, and always had been discreet at acquainting herself with people. She wasn't trying to be unsociable, but she couldn't risk anything. So when she heard her name being called, fear immediately registered in her brain. But when the voice sounded finally became familiar in her ear, her feelings eased a little. She quickly turned around, clutching her bag close to her, her arms together, fighting off the cold night breeze that formed when she turned. She saw Vence ran down the street towards her. The cold breeze touched her, and her clothes wasn't designed for the cold. She has them, but didn't think there will be much cold wind tonight.

Krystal was baffled as to why Vence was still there. She had left the diner believing he would go his own way and she would go in hers. Maybe he was going to walk her home, and she laughed internally at that thought. No one have interest in her, and she would run to the hills if anyone does show. She is scared of relationship, and she is scared of feeling vulnerable to someone.

"What are you doing?" she asked him plainly. "I thought you'd go on your way after you ate," she told him. Somehow, his willingness to simply just help her, whether she liked it or not, comforts her. It shows someone was actually willing to help her, not because they felt like their obligated, but they felt like it was natural. But that doesn't mean she'll start and ask for help and open up to people.

Vence slowed down when he finally caught up to her, letting out a relieved breath. "I planned to, but I started to realize how late it was, and after those men had started bothering you, well... I felt that I should walk you home. There's a lot of guys like that usually out this late, just waiting in dark allies or behind corners, so I was worried about you. I'd feel much better if I could walk you home. Then I will leave you alone, I swear." He promised.

He hoped that she would accept his offer to walk her home. There really were many creeps out this late at night, and he didn't want any of them bothering her, or hurt her. He came to notice that she was a very cautious and skittish person. She didn't like the contact of people, and stared at them as if they were going to hurt her, and she hardly ever made any direct eye contact. Of course he didn't yet notice that it was only this way with men. He just assumed it was like that with either gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.