Live Again (OOC/Character thread) CLOSED SIGN-UPS

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Is this an intersting idea?

• Yes, but I'm not going to join

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, sorry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this still open?

We need one male I believe

Oh I can do dat! :D

Original Body (OB)

Name: Gareth Robertson
Nickname: Gary
Age when killed: 40
Sexuality: Straight
Giancarlo-Esposito-breaking-bad.jpg

Personality: Gareth was a straight laced and ambitious man who always went by the rule book. Never once did he step out of line and unlike many of his co-workers, he never became a dirty cop. His partner, boss, and co-workers would describe him as a sarcastic and reliable man who didn't involve himself in [petty gossip or precinct traditions. He put in his time, did a damn fine job and went home to his family that no one knew anything about. Gareth didn't mix his work life with his home life. Being a detective, he knew that people knowing too much about his loved ones would come back to bite him in the ass.

At home with his wife, Mabel and his two kids, Daniel and Sabrina, Gareth was a goofball. He loved making his kids laugh and he would clown around constantly just to see them smile. Because of his demanding job, he didn't get to spend that much time with them, so when he did, he did a damn fine job at being a caring father and a doting husband.

Backstory: Gareth was born in a small town where everyone knew everybody and kids were taken care of by everybody. He always wanted to fight for justice when he was younger, like his dad, Marcus who was the deputy at the time. The actual sheriff was a lazy man named Harry who only got the job because their townspeople were a little racist and preferred a inexperienced white guy to a black guy with a police academy diploma under his belt.

When Gareth graduated from high school he went to the same police academy that his dad went to and graduated with the highest scores. He was offered a job in New York, but he wanted to become the sheriff of his town. His dad had retired years ago and the force in their town was lax and filled with idiots and still led by Harry. When Gareth returned he applied for the position as Sheriff, but the town hadn't changed and they still weren't willing to give him, a mixed man the job. Gareth pursued the job and even highlighted Sheriff Harry's faults and multiple errors, but the towns people would not be swayed. Finally, Gareth's father stepped up and told his son to move to New York and take a job where people's views were wider and more open minded. He told his son that this place was a dead end and that a bright young man like him would sooner wilt than bloom in this place.

So honoring his father's words, Gareth went to New York, where the job he had been offered was still open. He worked in the NYPD for ten years until he was promoted to Head Detective. Two years later, Gareth met Mabel, and although they initially disliked each other and couldn't stand to be in the same room together for more than ten minutes, they got married and had two kids, a son named Daniel and a daughter named Sabrina.

Character Strengths:
+ Investigating
+ Tracking
+ Hand to Hand Combat
+ Fast runner, good stamina
Character Flaws:
+ Needlessly Persistent
+ Workaholic
+ Insensitive at times
+ Tunnel vision
Speech color: "Sorry, I'm not interested in your birthday party that you felt needed to be celebrated in a place of work instead of your own home."

Host Body (HB)

Name: Remington Miles
Nickname: Remy
What name do you go by?: Remy
Sexuality: Bisexual
MV5BMTU3NTA4ODAzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDQxNTAwMzE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Where is your birthmark?: A large amoeba resembling dark brown mark on his left hip.

Last edited:
@Polystical, accepted once you finish the CS :) Yayyy we have everyone! And @MiraiNikki021209, that's fine but please have it done by tomorrow afternoon or so so we can move on. It's been a WIP for a while

I'll post tomorrow! I have a question though, are the scientist calling the characters by their Original name or their new ones?

I had my nurse call my character by his old name... since the experiment was supposed to have another soul inhabiting a donor's body.

Unless I'm confused. :bsmile:
I'll post tomorrow! I have a question though, are the scientist calling the characters by their Original name or their new ones?

@Lilpuff, do you have anything plot-wise after we all introduce our characters? We're all meeting in one place, I understand, but what's happening after that?

Unless if it's for you to know, and us to find out. :bsmile:

@Polystical, I forgot to explain this but the teens knew they would be the host for another person, so as their last "gift" of free will, they were allowed to choose which name they wanted to go by, their name of the person's that was being implanted

@Second Best, when they all meet they'll be sent out, and then a short few month long time-skip will happen, where the characters start having flashbacks of their past lives. Since they're being monitored, as this is the pilot experiment, the scientists take notice and that's when they have to join together. Kinda like a Divergent-esque scenario where they end up having to run away and eventually take down the scientists.

Also, as @MiraiNikki021209 has not responded in the IC thread, nor have they finished their CS, they'll be cut out from the RP. It's been over 2 weeks, and they've had ample time to finish and post. Also, their spot will not be filled, as I think 5 charries in this RP is plenty :)

Expect a post up fromme by the end of the day, everyone!

@Lilpuff I'm so happy you've responded! I was thinking you'd forgotten of this xD

@Second Best haha sorry about my absence! I hadn't had a chance to respond to the thread in a few days due to school :) but I'm back now!

I'm going to have to drop out of this sorry!

Sorry I am busy trying to balance work and rp I will try my best to get a reply up tonight or tomorrow when I wake up

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.