Life as an Anime Character

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tamagi

Original poster
Rrrr..Rrrr..Rrr, rang Greg's iPod, as the alarm function activated, waking him up from his slumber. He began sighing, making no effort to move, except to press the top button on his device, setting it to snooze. He did this at least three times a morning, before getting up to start his day. It was a Wednesday, which was the middle of his work week. Usually it was then that he began hating the week until the weekend began.

While screaming out curse words in his head, getting out of bed, he prepared himself for work. It was the usual shower, prepare a quick breakfast, and getting the hell out of there before, he decided to stay a little longer and risk being late. The last part usually happened a lot. Before leaving he would check his Facebook. He never understood why he continued checked it. He never used it. To him, it just didn't seem right to not check it. It just became a routine.

When he opened the social website, he browsed through the new feeds, to see if anything new happened. It was the usual people complaining about their lives, funny videos people would post, and messages/quotes users would come up with, just to sound smart but never lived by them. While Greg continued looking through the site, a message popped up on his messenger. The name of the one who sent him the message was literally "unknown". "What the!?" he said, reacting to the sudden message from the unknown individual. It read "Please help!" which confused Greg for a moment. "What the hell is this? Did I just get hacked?" he wondered, thinking that he might have a virus infection on his computer.

He attempted to close his internet window, using his mouse, but couldn't, because his computer froze, which worried him more. For this to happen to his computer, which he took good care of, worried him, and frustrated him at the same time. He decided to emergency shut down his computer, which required him to hold his power button for 5 seconds. As he pressed, and held his power button for over 5 seconds, the computer didn't shut down. "Maybe I have to continue holding it down longer" he said, while continuing to hold down on the power button longer.

He looked at the screen, feeling very worried for his computer. He noticed that the unknown messenger, sent him another message. "Please help me!" said the message. The message was repeated three times and then the fourth then the fifth. Message kept repeating itself over and over. It was beginning to freak Greg out a lot. "Oh my god, sure, just shut down already!!!" he screamed in his head. The instant he finished the thought, the computer shut off. He was relieved to see it happen. After that, he took a quick glanced at the clock, noticing that he was running late. "Fuck!" he yelled, grabbing his keys, rushing out the door.

The instant he left, his computer booted back up, and displayed a message. It read "Thank You" then shut off.

----------------

James woke up to the sound of his alarm clock, ringing the sounds of an anime opening theme song of one of his favorite anime, Naruto. "God I love that theme," he said rolling out of bed, catching himself before making a complete fall. He wore, Naruto pajamas with Sasuke art on one leg and Naruto art on the other, both performing poses. He didn't wear a shirt, but wore a hidden leaf headband around his neck. The sun was bright today. The light shining through his window into his room, revealing anime posters, covering every inch of his walls.

James was a huge anime fan. He had goals of becoming an animator one day, but was never motivated in making the move to pursue it. He wasn't a people person, which was one of his reasons for not aiming for his goal. He was very antisocial, so it was hard for him to find a job, because he was afraid to interact with the outside world. However, he did enjoy talking to people on the internet about anime. He even created his own website just for anime discussions. He would log in everyday, excited to speak about the episodes, he watched the other day, or argue about topics involving battles, romances, and things the author could've changed to make the anime better.

"James, come out of your room, and take out the trash!" yelled his mother. It was 1pm, and James was showing no signs of leaving his room anytime soon. "Leave me alone mom! I'm busy! I'll do it later!" snapped James, feeling irritated about his mother yelling at him. Sometimes he hate reality, he hated his always angry mother, and he hated his own life, for being what it was. Sometimes he just wanted to get away. Run away from reality. Anime was his life. It was the only thing that kept him going throughout the days. If it wasn't for anime, who knows what would become of him.

"Oh I have a message," he said, noticing that he had a pop up on his website. He used his mouse to click on the message to read it. The message read "Please help me!". Someone was asking him for help with something. Could it be about an anime that he/she didn't understand? He was curious, so he replied, speaking the words, as he typed them. "Sure, I'll help you if there's anything I can do to be of service. What would you like me to help you with?" he finished, sending the message to the unknown member. He received a reply almost instantly afterwards. The message read "Thank you". "Thank me for what?" he wondered, not bothering to send a message back to the unknown individual, who didn't bother to tell him, his/her's issue. "Must be a troll or something," he thought, not liking the get involved with them. They were nothing but trouble.

Mimi's eyes opened lazily, as the generic ringing alarm of her phone rang across the room. Blindly, she dug around in the sheets, trying to find her phone and silence the incessant hums. She really ought to download a half-interesting ring tone one day, but she frankly didn't care enough. Eventually, she pulled the phone out of the sheets, squinting at the cracked screen. 6:32- it had taken her two whole minutes to find her phone. She ought to stop sleeping with it. Like that was ever going to happen. Now to find her contact lens case in the mess of her bed.

5 minutes later, she was fully sighted, and mostly dressed in black jeans and one of her many fandom t-shirts from hot topic. She watched herself in the mirror as she threw her hair into a messy low ponytail- it wasn't pretty, but it made her thick mess of hair look less tangled. As she scrambled around looking for her phone, she tugged on her sneakers, the laces ever tied as she yanked them on roughly.

She just barely made it onto her bus, sliding into a seat as she sighed with relief. She had a bit til class still, so as she waited for the bust to pull through its various stops, she took the time to check on her notifictions. As usual, she had a ton of messages from her group chats, people talking more to each than to her- still, it looked like she needed to record some lines for this video game she was apart of- it might never take off, but she loved it. Another group was on about the cast party this weekend- she made a mental note to start on the jello shots she had promised to make for that.

Then there was an odd message. "Please help!" She didn't recognize the user. Hmmm- there were a couple of unknowns on her google chats- just people she didn't directly know, but was working with.

"Oh, yeah, I can probably help you, depending on what you need." She typed. "But first, sorry to have to ask, but who are you?"

"Thank you!" The messager read.

"Oh, yeah, no problem- but you didn't tell me who you are?" she typed out- but before she could hit reply, her bus pulled up at her stop. She bolted out of the chair, making the last frantic run to her English class.
Mira was awake about 5 minutes before her alarm went off- she had never been too good about getting enought sleep. She'd had a nightmare of sorts the night before, but now she couldn't recall it for the life of her. She moved out of bed, taking a moment to place the duvet and sheets back on her bed in a somewhat neat fashion. It wasn't exactly clean, but at least it wasn't a mess.

She pulled on a blue blouse over a pair of leggings, and slipped on a black cardigan. She took a moment to look at her phone as she sat down to do her makeup, lighting tapping her way through tumblr post after tumblr post as she blended on her foundation.

"Please help!" popped up a message. She looked at it out of the corner of her eye as she applied the pillowy black lipstick she had chosen for the day.

Unknown- probably just an anonymous follower. She didn't quite know how the messaging system on tumblr worked. She just used it. "Sure thing! What did you need help with?" She asked, sending the message before grabbing her automatic curler and running her hair through it.

She carefully ran the heated coils through her hair before throwing a few bobby pins in to keep her lavender dyed locks out of her face. She looked at the time- oh shoot, she was almost late. She snatched her phone and keys off her vanity, and dashed out the door, not bothering to lock up behind her. Her roommate didn't have work until later- she'd lock the door when she left.

She didn't bother to check her messages, or spot the little "Thank you!" That popped up on her screen.

Greg finally made it home after a long day of work. For some reason, he was dragging his feet all day, which was why the day felt long. It was like all of his energy was being drained. He would have days like this at times, but today felt different, worse than the norm. When he reached his apartment, be barely had the energy to even leave his car. He even debated on falling asleep in it, but knew he had things to do before going to bed. "I'm I dying?" he asked himself, as he finally worked the nerve to exit his vehicle. When he opened his door, all thoughts of completing any type of tasks flew out the window, except for one, which was sleep.

He closed the door behind him, dropped his work gear, and dragged himself to his bed, flopping face-forward in it. "I have to take a shower" he said, but he was too tired. "I have to eat something" he said, but he was too tired. "I have to get ready for work tomorrow," he said, but he was too tired. He couldn't utter another word, before losing consciousness.

"Brother...Brother...Brother!!!" said a person screaming from a distance. "What was that?" Greg asked himself. He could barely see anything, just slight flashes of visions. Every moment he got to see, he could see a little girl, running towards him. He noticed that he was on the ground, and couldn't get up. "Brother!!!," screamed the girl again, as she made it to him. "Brother? Who's she calling brother?" he wondered, still unable to move. "What the hell, why can't I move?" he asked himself, trying his hardest to move, but to no avail. When the girl reached him, he noticed that she was weeping heavily. It looked like she was crying for him, but why?

"R..Run Miki, they'll catch you if you don't," said a voice that sounded like it came from him. "What the, I didn't say that?" Greg said, feeling very freaked out right now. Was he dreaming? It had to be a dream. If so, how did he know he was dreaming? Most of the time, he would never recognize whether or not he was, when dreaming.

The girl grabbed him, lifting his upper body a little from the ground, hugging him weakly, while still crying her heart out to him. He could hear people in the distance. "Go now," said the weak voice, that felt like it was coming from his mouth. The girl laid him back down to the ground gently, as he noticed that he was in a pool of blood. "Am I bleeding??" he wondered, not feeling the pain, but that didn't matter, it seemed like the dream was finally over, because he began blacking out. Wha..t..the..hell?

--------

It was 4pm and James felt horrible. "What the heck is going on with me right now?" he wondered. He didn't have the motivation to play video games, or watch anime, which was weird coming from him. He didn't feel like doing anything. He didn't know what was wrong with him today. Was he sick? For him to not even, feel motivated to watch anime, means that something was wrong. The only thing he thought about was going to sleep, which he didn't waste time doing. "Hopefully tomorrow I can actually focus on watching anime," He said, as he fell into slumberland.

Status
Not open for further replies.