"Let's Play a Game!" (Thomas McTavish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surpy beamed as she continued digging out the lake, going deeper and wider. Then she created an offshoot that would head down and out to sea, a place for the water levels to balance out. She started to hum as she worked, enjoying this more than anything. When she was finished digging, she moved to join Thomas in the more creative process of this project.

"What kind of animals are ya gonna make?" She asked, sitting next to him. In the bottom of the lake, there was plenty of space to create all sorts of plant life. "Swimmy things, for sure! Oh, and just let me know when we're ready to send down the waterfall! I want to create the glowing plants that'll line the shore after the water starts flowing!"

Thomas kept shaping small creatures to run about quickly, two of a kind at a time. He made it so they would reproduce quickly and in numbers so the ones that would prey on them wouldn't wipe them out.

The first he created would swing about through the trees. It had grey skin with red on it's back that striped over it's ribs, belly, arms and legs, red on it's pointy ears and forehead. It had what looked like a yellow mask that surrounded it's eyes and went down the bridge of it's beak-like mouth, yellow spots on it's arms that had bony spikes on them for defense, as well as grey skinned spikes on it's elbows and yellow ridges on the top of it's head. It's hands had three fingers and opposable thumbs, and it's tail was long and striped grey, red, and yellow. It's bright red eyes gleamed at Thomas and Surpy.

The next were similar creatures, each with different color patterns. One was grey, green, and blue, and another was different shades of green.

"Take notes of the colors, you're going to need to create fruits and plants that use the same ones that they can hide with to camouflage themselves."

The next creatures he created were birds, with feathers colored in large patched of black and blues. It had a beak that curved downward, almost inward toward it's chest. A ridge covered the top of it's head, and it's beady blue eyes looked about as it tried to find food or shelter.

"Now for plants. Surpy, I think that's more your expertise." he said, smiling and marveling at his new creatures.

Surpy climbed out of the lake bed as she finished digging it out. It was deep enough for some pretty big creatures to be swimming around in it. She approached the creatures Thomas had been creating, smiling.

"Alright. Large trees, coming up!"

She moved to the shore, and her Avatar's eyes glowed a pale green. Then the ground trembled, just barely perceptible, and a sprout poked up from the cave floor. Then another. And another. Before too long, there was a small forest of sprouts leading from the lake's shore to the wall. Then another trembling and the sprouts began to grow all at once. They grew, branches reaching for the cracks in the ceiling, reaching for the streaks of sunlight.

Surpy paused in growing her trees and ran over to some Dragoneye stone. She plucked a chunk, then broke it into slivers. She went to each of the growing trees and pressed some slivers into its bark. As the trees continued to grow, the bark now incorporated the slivers as a part of the tree, growing it with them. So from now on, each tree that is an offsppring of these original ones, they will grow with the slivers.

Surpy regarded her handiwork, then went about creating those fruit Thomas had mentioned to her. She climbed up into a tree, her four arms and long claws making it easy. She sat on a branch and pulled clusters of leaves close, molding them into the shapes of fruit. They were spikey, and very colorful, one tree having fruit that matched the first creature, then another tree with the second's fruit, and the third in another tree. She dispersed them as such, but with the twining branches, each fruit was scattered at random. Perfect camouflage

Then she hopped down and clapped the excess Dragoneye dust from her hands. She looked up at the trees, then her gaze followed the ceiling for a moment.

"How's that?" She asked, finally looking back at Thomas.

Thomas looked around and smiled at the new mini-forest that had taken life in the cave.

"Excellent. I like what you did with the Dragoneye Stone shards. Alright, break the wall, send in the water to fill the lake, I'll get to work making creatures to live in it, and a few medium-sized predators." he said. this was really fun!

Surpy's essence was fit to burst again as she clapped. She turned and looked up at the wall, high toward the ceiling, where the water was waiting. She raised one arm and the dirt shifted. It was a trickle at first, then it became a flood. The water was deafening as it crashed into the gaping lake bed. The four-armed Avatar watched gleefully as the lake filled.

"I really like the glowy stone. We need all kinds of colors for a variety of glow! For glowing flowers, and fungi.." Her eyes lit up again, and she couldn't contain her grin.

"Oh, look! The offshoot is working." She pointed at a small hole in the side of the lake wall, and since the water wasn't overflowing onto the shore...well, she assumed it was working.

All the new creatures Thomas had created were swinging and climbing about in the trees, imitating the fruit that they looked like. They screeched and chittered happily in their new homes

Thomas at once began shaping more creatures and tossing them into the waters. Fish and amphibians of all different kinds. Some had legs with fingers to grasp plants, others had shovel-like fins to dig into the muck, some were small, others were large, some had teeth to eat other fish. Tails of all types splashed about as they all tried to find their places in this new ecosystem. Some were camouflaged to look like rocks and dirt, while others had streaks of Dragoneye dust on their bottoms and sides to blend in with the shimmering light from above. ones deeper down he gave glowy appendages to attract prey. They swam through the lake in small groups, a few trying to see if they could swim up the waterfall. It was wonderful to watch.

"Wow," marveled Thomas, "this place actually looks nice."

Surpy sat at the edge of the lake, dipping her four arms into the water. Her eyes glittered green again, and various water-bound plants began to grow. Thick weeds for the fish to swim through and hide in. The avatar stood up to fetch more Dragoneye. She studied it for a moment, then shifted its color to a deep, lumescent green. Another piece became a shimmering blue, and another became red. She crumbled these and imbued them in more plants, anemone-like plants with tendrils that pulsed with a deep glow. She smiled, then began lining the shore with more, smaller plants that glowed. Little mushrooms, tiny shrubs, fascinating flowers with vibrant colors and streaks of Dragoneye.

"Yes! Beautiful. I may have to come here and rest sometime. I've always wanted a waterfall, but trees make it a little difficult to establish a flow of water. At least that high it is." She giggled, and splashed her hands in the water. "This is good. Very good. I can't wait for your people to see it and swim here!"

Thomas looked up to see a few of his people gathered in the doorway, marveling at the caves as they worked. They had never seen their gods create life from dirt and nothing, and stared in awe as they watched. A preist moved to the front of the group, distinguished by his painted red markings on his chest, face, and arms. Thomas looked around at the cave he and Surpy had decorated.

"It seems you'll get to see it happen soon enough, Surpy." he said to his friend. He motioned for the others to join them, and the ones gathered in the entrance quickly made their way down. The looked around in awe at everything, from the trees, waterfall, and lake, to the animals on the ground, in the trees, and flitting about in the air.

Eyes flashing, the scaled and feathered Avatar turned her head to watch as Thomas's creations explored the cavern and its inhabitants. She smiled, her feathers fluffing in excitement. A quiet trill followed as she moved to stand near Thomas, her four hands clasped in front of her chest.

"Oh! How exciting! I hope they like it!" She chirped, "Oh! I didn't stray too far from your 'caves' theme, did I?"

She giggled, gently nudging the other avatar with her hip. Her eyes continued to follow the canine-like furry creatures, hoping they enjoy the new cave and waterfall as much as she did.

"No, no, this is fine. Wonderful, even. Perhaps after the Hellrun Festival when we see our chosen Champion Pair off on their ultimate quest, your people can come here to relax and socialize with my people." he suggested, smiling wide.

He thought a moment, brining a hand up to his chin. "We need to create better ways to refer to our people." he decided, nodding. "What do you think?"

"Like names. I agree. Calling yours the First Race and mine the Second is a little unfair." Surpy faked pouting, quickly turning it into a smile. She tapped her chin thoughtfully as she sat on the ground. "Let's see. My people have scales and feathers, live in trees, mostly vegetarian... Fruits and insects, really. Hmm. I am terrible coming up with names like this, though."

She watched Thomas's people play in and around the new lake, though her mind was focused elsewhere. A name for her people! Should have been a simple thing, but dang, names were hard to come up with. Her people didn't even communicate with conventional words half the time, they would use chirps and licks, screeches.. sometimes hisses. They were pretty much a big combination of birds and lizards.

"I shall call my tree-dwellers the Churrim. Churrims for plural. A Churrim, some Churrims... You get the idea." She grinned. She was rather proud of herself, there, coming up with a name for her people without any help like that. Big step for her!

Thomas thought long and hard about what to name his people. A race of slender, tan-furred creatures with long muzzles filled with sharp teeth, strong, muscular arms and legs with claws, long ears, and bushy tails that swept their tracks from the sandy ground. A diet of meat and poultry, of all kinds. Normally, he was great with coming up with names for things, but this one had him stuck.

"I can't seem to think of anything. Perhaps you could help?" he asked, turning to his companion.

Surpy was quiet as she stared at the furred beings around them. She really was one of the worst beings to ask for help with naming things. She pressed one clawed finger to the tip of her nose in thought.

"The Arkine. Arkines, an arkine, the arkine over there.." she hummed, nodding to herself. She felt it would work, but she knew that was completely up to Thomas.

Thomas studied his creations a long while, then nodded, satisfied. "I like it. Churrims and Arkines." he agreed, looking over at Surpy and smiling. "We should probably get back to training our Champions, though. Much work to be done, yet. However, I'd like to take breaks like this now and again, and create things with you. This cave was a lot of fun!" he exclaimed, laughing.

Surpy agreed with a nod as she stood. She watched Thomas's Arkines for a moment longer before turning and heading back to the main caves. Their Champions should still be wandering the caves, hers especially, to get a feel for unfamiliar territory and the close spaces they'd have to face in the Hellrun.

"After this is cooperative combat training with your Arkines, yes? And perhaps another illusion would benefit them as well." She mused as she walked.

Thomas nodded. "Uh-huh. They'll have to learn to work together, or they wont survive down there. With training, however, comes skill. And with skill comes ability." he said, beggining to climb out of the cave. He walked with her down the corridors, leading her to the place he had set up as the training grounds. He sent a few arkines for Janus and Surpy's champions.

The cave itself had non-champions and champions both training, bettering themselves as best they could. It was a wide space, with much, much room. Perfect for training. Thomas barked to alert everyone that the real training would begin now, and all non-champions were to leave. As they filed out, Janus returned with the visiting chirrum Champions. Thomas clapped his hands together. "Alright, shall we begin?"

Surpy watched, impressed and approving. It was her habit to observe from afar, letting Thomas take command over everything happening. Her champions returned, not looking terribly worn out, and she fluffed with pride.

Her champions had basic weapons training, mostly with things that had a long reach. In the trees, it was best to strike before being seen. So she was curious as to how Thomas and his arkines would train her churrims.

Her gathered champions stood straight, tall, their shoulders as square as they could muster. They wanted to look imposing. Surpy smiled and stepped away from the wall, standing near Thomas but still out of the way.

"I believe they are ready. I am curious to see what you have planned for them," she began. "They have training in long-reach weapons, and ranged weapons. It benefits them when hunting in the trees. I don't believe I've ever seen how your arkines hunt. This is.. exciting, to say the least."

Thomas nodded, and turned back to the gathered champions. "Alright, pair up. My Champions, work with our guests, as you will be working in a pair in Hellrun. Switch partners on my order. Learn to work with all of them, and teach them all what you know about combat. But be smart, take their abilities into account."

The arkine Champions barked affirmatives, and began to socialize with the chirrum Champions, leading them to separate parts of the training room. From there, the canine hunters taught the four-armed tree dwellers how to use spears for both melee and ranged combat, as well as a new invention: the bow and arrows. They also practiced teamwork in combat, fighting stationary dummies of soft rock. It was with this training that the champions decided that, while the arkines would be close-range fighters, the chirrums could stay at a safe distance and be a great help in combat. At hour intervals, Thomas ordered them to switch partners, until everyone had a chance to work with each other. At the end of practice, all of the champions had learned something new, and everyone was exhausted.

"Excellent work today, everyone. Tomorrow we work against illusion Daemons. After that, the Hellrun illusion. For now, rest. You've all earned a good meal and a good sleep." he said, dismissing them from training. as they left he turned to Surpy. "I think that went pretty well. What do you think?"

Status
Not open for further replies.