Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo, Liverian cave-divers, let's discuss the merit of being ethical or pragmatic or taking another option.

What we have are:
- 1 assassin
- 3 melee punchers
- 1 mage
- 1 Draza
- 1 Kasim

Personally, Laenaia support going to the right as going left means fighting uncertain amount of orcs and depending on uncertain amount of allied orcs, while we should be able to do what Gabriel said I have no idea how we would fare against the AoW afterward.

3rd option suggestion: sent Draza and Laenaia scouting ahead .

1 kasim is worth about three and a half Draza on the open market.

Personally, I vote we offer Kasim to the long-banished Gods, and hope they do something.

It's a Win-win, we either get help from the gods and get rid of Kasim, or we just get rid of Kasim.

Personally, I vote we offer Kasim to the long-banished Gods, and hope they do something.

It's a Win-win, we either get help from the gods and get rid of Kasim, or we just get rid of Kasim.

And I vote that everyone in the Renalta mission should team up and kill the slaver scum that is Abjaar. :D

On a more serious note, IC Kasim will for the first time ever go for the cautious route, that being the rightward route in this case. Zoe won him over with the talk of keeping the princess safe.

This happens to align with my OOC thoughts as well. I figure the messy bloody path ought to lead somewhere neat, perhaps to the demon's feeding and/or torture and/or rape den. It would be a bit foolish to assume that the shaman's orc bros would be all cool and willing to help rather than under the wrath demon's influence like the rest, imo. Better to try stealth on our single target elimination mission, y'know?

Reactions: Kadaeux
ohyeah, that's what I forgot.
-1 Orc Shaman
and 1 VIP we must keep alive at all cost, including our lives (especially Kasim's)

In my professional opinion... In accordance to the by-laws of the LoR universe and Murphy's Law, what can go wrong will, and this particularly proves so in the cases of stealth.

In other words, if you doth try to partaketh of the stealthiest of routes, you willst most certainly see your plans backfire in a most horrendous of ways as everything goes awry and the entire zone is doth aggro'd by your most stealthy of players and not, in fact, the platemail wearing, weapon golf-bagging warrior who you assumed wouldst screw the pooch.

What Tempest said:
In my professional opinion... In accordance to the by-laws of the LoR universe and Murphy's Law, what can go wrong will, and this particularly proves so in the cases of stealth.

In other words, if you doth try to partaketh of the stealthiest of routes, you willst most certainly see your plans backfire in a most horrendous of ways as everything goes awry and the entire zone is doth aggro'd by your most stealthy of players and not, in fact, the platemail wearing, weapon golf-bagging warrior who you assumed wouldst screw the pooch.
What I hear:
Let's split up, the noisy nosy melee go left, the shady stealthy go right. What could possibly go wrong?

chance of lots of combat > assured lots of combat

If you wanna bring Murphy's Law into it, going left we'll find the supposedly friendly orcs under the demon's sway and all the captives already dead, leaving us with a bunch of hard combat for no real gain. :P

So everyone is aware:

Drago and I have waged a bloody war that has ruined our friendship, but it was decided that Toorg, would be joining those in Tuleria, and Armerza will be heading to the Amazons/Imperium.

Now, I need to go bandage my wounds, and read the IC bits

Reactions: Holmishire
So everyone is aware:

Drago and I have waged a bloody war that has ruined our friendship, but it was decided that Toorg, would be joining those in Tuleria, and Armerza will be heading to the Amazons/Imperium.

Now, I need to go bandage my wounds, and read the IC bits
I heard tales of the bloodshed.

So, who's going to post first on the Imperium mission? Considering my former blunder on the mission selection and the fact that goblins may have been slaves or something back that long ago, I'd rather not have Gremlock talk first to the likely very judgmental AI-esque device. :P

xxZtOEe.png
[fieldbox="General Information, #2C3539"]Age: 23
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Homeland: Born in the Free Holds, considers Rhienfeld Republic her home
[/fieldbox]
History: Franchine was born the daughter of a Free Holds slave, already doomed to a similar existence as her mother. She was playfully called 'Lucky' as a nickname by her single parent, who saw her as a miracle in and of itself; few slaves were given an opportunity to take care of their unintended child as she was. Still, she wasn't so 'lucky' as to free herself of such forced servitude. Franchine grew up as the smaller hands toiling alongside her mother, mostly left alone thanks to the relatively benevolent nature of her master. Her mother was, apparently, not treated quite the same.

A maid's work wasn't the worst she could have been put through, but Franchine was soon the target of torturous demands by the master's eldest son. When the young man packed up for an extended trip across the world, eager to explore, he dragged Franchine along with him and his accompanying friends. The voyage was marked by frequent stops and harsh punishments for petty "mistakes". Franchine was far more poorly-treated during the expedition than when she was back home, likely due to the absence of a more reasonable master.

The years of travel wore on the boy-turned-man, and he eventually purchased a home in Tuleria, settling down for some time. The years of pitiful servitude, too, had worn on Franchine, and during a particularly stressful bout of abuse, she fell unconscious. Her eyes closed, the young woman dreamt of a vaguely humanoid figure, obscured by blood-soaked rags. With no words, she comprehended the message it was sending; an offering of power with no mention of consequences. In her delirious state, she accepted the dreamworld deal and awoke immediately.

As her eyes jolted open, a blood-curdling scream escaped her throat alongside blood as her airways tore in stress of the strained sound. Franchine, in a fit of rage the likes of which she'd never felt, lunged for the master and brutalized him within seconds, quickly turning to his friends who had come to the room. The floors were splattered with blood and viscera, walls and furniture were upturned and smashed.

Franchine's berserk fury did not subside with their deaths, however, and she soon stumbled out into the nighttime air, a bloodlust driving her to continue slaughtering. Fortunately for her, the home was relatively distanced from any significantly populated place. Unfortunately for the nearby neighbor, Franchine was willing to travel somewhat.

Within hours of solitude, she broke free of the senselessness, able to at the very least drive herself somewhere away from the roads. Torn between an uncontrollable desire to destroy and a scared and confused sanity, Franchine wandered off to the South, unsure of her goal. Periodic bouts of anger served her well in maintaining nourishment, as unwary wildlife fell to her hands. Her fury, however, knew no fear, and eventually she found herself pestering a creature much more capable than her.

The drake was amused by her attempts to harm him, her strikes barely scratching his pristine natural armor. As her fruitless efforts continued on, Franchine became increasingly exhausted, eventually becoming too tired to keep up the rage. As she slowed down, her mind came back to her and she pleaded with the creature for help, explaining her ailment as best she could before falling asleep.

Offering assistance, the drake traveled alongside Franchine, acting as her punching bag when she awoke and carrying her south when she could fight no longer. After one such bout of fury, after falling unconscious, Franchine awoke in the comfort of a bed, eyes obscured by something papery over her face. As she motioned to pry it off, an unseen hand caught hers and stopped her.

"Ah ah ah! You mustn't remove it, for my sake," a male voice said to her. Stuck to the bed, she spoke to the man who had retrieved her from the side of the road, learning of his status as a Rhienfeld monk and how he discovered the demonic presence inside her. The charm on her head was, apparently, a sealant meant to prevent her from breaking into a blind rage again.

"A demon of wrath possesses you. To halt its influence you must be willing to concentrate deeply. Very deeply," he explained. The years that followed were a series of training exercises meant to allow her full control over the welling fury within. Franchine eventually surfaced from the ordeal as an individual capable of suppressing the demon, no longer destined to loose her mind at a moments notice. Still, the act of maintaining her sanity was no easy feat; it required a level of discipline and concentration that made many aspects of life difficult.

The monk sent her to a monastery alongside the drake, where she adopted an ascetic lifestyle that helped her to keep up such a mentality, along the way practicing the art of arcane healing as well. Over time, however the influence of the demon had grown beyond what her mind alone could keep down. By the suggestion of her peers, she was directed towards mercenary work, serving as a field medic for the ones doing the dirty work. The proximity to destruction fed the demon enough satisfaction such that her meditation was sufficient in quelling further infuriating incursions.

Her excellence in healing attracted the attention of the Queen's Blades when she worked for a particular group of men and women stationed there. Offered a more permanent place amongst combatants, Franchine accepted and found herself under Queen Kouri.

Motivation: Franchine's motivation is by and large the suppression of the wrathful demon possessing her. Participating in battle (whether killing others or not) satiates the demon such that her concentration practices keep her from breaking into an violent fit if rage.

[fieldbox="Skills and Equipment, #2C3539"]
General Traits
  • --Adrenaline (Rank I): The only thing scarier than a fit man, is one with the determination to live. You realize now that a single moment can change everything, and in your most desperate moment, you can tap into hidden reserves of energy through adrenaline. It doesn't last long and you feel tired afterwards, but it sure beats dying, and that temporary burst of speed and strength definitely isn't anything to complain about either.
  • --Raw Talent (Rank I): After a few (or perhaps several) failed attempts at magic, you suddenly found yourself able to bring a raw spark of power to life in your hands. After being awed by it, you found that you could consistently control and contort this power to your will. You could conjure subtle things, flashes of light or wreathing your hands in fire.
  • --Power Draw (Rank 2): Regularly pushing to their limits, this character has grown more intimate with their usage of magic, and has surpassed the limits of apprentice spell casters. Given momentary preparation, they can hit someone with the utmost of their capabilities.
  • --Fortitude (Rank I): Whether or not you are a mage, you can learn how to defend yourself from one, and that is just what you decided to do. After all, how else are you supposed to save the world if you can be cooked in a fireball by a pissed off mage?
  • --Charmless (Rank II): Sometimes, you meet people who offer you the world. Sometimes, they use magic to try and help make their opinions clear. This gives you a greater chance of detecting and resisting more subtle charms that others may try to put you under, such as hypnosis or other tricks of the senses and mind.
  • --Apprentice [Healing Magic] (Rank I): Combined with Raw Talent, you've learned how to harness that raw magical power into a consistent train of thought. Through studying a few tomes and, possible, learning from the Mage's Guild, you've focused yourself onto a single school of magic. This will help focus your power into something consistent and tangible, but it's only the beginning...
  • --Wizened [Fire Magic] (Rank II): Having done some study and practice, you can now understand two schools of magic, and understand a greater amount of subtly with your first school of magic. There is now a greater chance of you casting a spell without others noticing, unless the spell is blatant and loud: Like a fire ball.
  • --Awakened Meditation (Rank I): Through great discipline you have figured out how to tap into the natural magic in the air all around you. It will still take time and practice to master, but nonetheless, this has increased the amount of spells you can cast before you fatigue yourself, and increased the rate at which you regain your energy to cast more spells.
  • --Rapid Mental Recovery (Rank II): You have mastered the art of magic to the point where you can recover fully between battles, and have started to develop a small ability to 'steal' and absorb the magic others throw at you.

Unique Traits
  • --Will of Annihilation (Rank I): Possesed by a demon of Wrath, Franchine suffers from a continually rising desire to kill and destroy which is suppressed by constant concentration and meditation every waking moment of her life. While normally a burden, it has afforded her a last resort trump card of sorts. At any point Franchine has the option to forgo concentration and allow the demon to take hold. While in an enraged state, Franchine gains an infernal increase in strength and speed, but looses a significant portion of her sanity, no longer able to understand language or directions. While difficult, she can return to normal granted she finds herself in an otherwise quiet and lonely atmosphere.
  • --Will of Annihilation (Rank II): Through years of feeding the demon destructive energy by participating in mercenary missions, the demon itself has grown naturally stronger, and thus, grants Franchine an even deadlier boost to her physique when she looses control. Franchine can still be wounded, but is much less likely to become incapacitated while enraged.
  • --Pinpoint Casting (Rank I): Through her years of meditative training in the arcane arts, Franchine has gained the ability to apply magic spells with near-perfect accuracy, as well as to force the energies into smaller, more potent variations. Tied with healing magicks, Franchine is able to heal regional, small wounds with incredible speed.
  • --"Pet" Drake (Rank I) - Haraith: Haraith is a large drake of white color, standing at ten feet tall at its haunches, with a length of twenty-five feet from head-to-tail. Bearing a natural set of armor, Haraith enjoys relative safety from most mundane human weapons, though can be harmed by particularly strong races such as orks. Intelligent and emotional, Haraith can speak the common tongue, and is known for being a fairly reasonable entity unlike most of his kin.
  • --Haraith [Fire Magic] (Rank II): Having worked alongside Franchine during her monastery stay, Haraith picked up a few minor magic spells of the fire discipline, able to light parts of his body on fire without worry of damage, thanks to his draconic heritage, as well as throw some large but not-particularly-powerful fireballs from time to time.
  • --Mini Haraith! (Rank III): The issues of having a drake friend are many, especially when it comes to bringing him to places meant for people. Along her travels, Franchine learned of a shrinking spell that allows her to miniaturize Haraith to a much more manageable size.
  • --Draconic Fortitude (Rank IV): Being of such a large size and possessing a similarly thick hide made of scales and lizard-like skin, Haraith retains a powerful natural protective barrier between himself and those who would wish him harm.

Equipment List
  • Steel staff with a circular and ornate top. Serves as arcane channeling device.
  • Monasterial clothing. Modified.
  • Several holy charms and trinkets, notably a necklace with the Mother's Shield tied on.
  • A knife... just in case.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Personal, #2C3539"]
Romance: Sure why not?
Does the Kouri Plushie exist?: Apparently it does.
Signature: Asuras yo
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Asuras it should be noted that you do need to take at least one rank of raw talent to be able to cast magic. That is the innate talent skill for magic which grants you the capability to cast the spells you know. :T

@Asuras it should be noted that you do need to take at least one rank of raw talent to be able to cast magic. That is the innate talent skill for magic which grants you the capability to cast the spells you know. :T
Not required to cast magic, just required to have any real strength in your spells. You can do like party trick level magic without any raw talent, if I recall correctly what Brovo told me when he was explaining how that'd work.

But yeah, definitely something he'll want if he's trying to have a pyromancer/healer thing going on.

Magic Deconstructed: Any magic is technically possible, but keep in mind that magic is also inherently complex and meant to be. Magicians often spend years learning the full array of their talents and never truly understand them until tested in high stress situations, though a general rule of thumb is this.

Raw Talent equates to output, ala, how much magical power you can sustain without hurting yourself. Apprentice equates to how much magical knowledge you actually have, and the variety of spells at your disposal. Wells of Power is magic detection. Fortitude is magic resistance. Awakened Meditation is regeneration rate.

Ergo, with a high Raw Talent score, you could unleash potent spells, but if your Apprentice score is lacking you'll be a one trick pony, and if your Awakened Meditation score is low you'll only get a couple shots before you have to stop and rest for a little while.
What Brovo said on the subject.

In other places such as Skype it was said that if you had Apprentice but not Raw Talent you could do very minor parlour tricks, as Jojo said.

Now now people. Don't argue about this or Murd will be forced to take your characters out back for a 'good time' and you'll be forced to take the 'Wheelchair Bandit!' special trait at the next level up.

:p

Reactions: Maxim
Skype Convo said:
[11:39:57 PM] Asuras: Wait so Brovo
[11:40:10 PM] Asuras: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/legend-of-renalta-2-reborn.75488/page-38#post-2147527
[11:40:12 PM] Asuras: Is that true?
[11:40:27 PM] Brovo: Only if you want to wield some serious magic.
[11:40:35 PM] Brovo: If you want basic parlour tricks, you can hand wave that off.
[11:40:51 PM] Brovo: But if you want to actually use magic in a practical manner, you'll need raw talent. :P
[11:40:56 PM] Asuras: Kk
[11:41:11 PM] Brovo: RT is output. It determines how much power you can wield in one spell without hurting yourself.
[11:41:41 PM] Brovo: Which for a healer probably doesn't need to be very high unless you expect to be saving people from death.

There you go. :ferret:

Status
Not open for further replies.