League of Legends~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I playyyyy

Yasuo, Malzahar, VIKTOR JOIN THE GLORIOUS REVOLUTION (Main), Azir, Ezreal, Ekko and Kalista.

I've played since like mid season 2.

Top: Aatrox, Renekton, Riven, Ryze, Gnar, Maokai, Kha'Zix, Yi, Sion, Garen, Darius, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Cho, Hecarim, Yasuo, Nasus, Vlad

Mid: Zed, Talon, Yasuo, Anivia, Kog, Cho, Vlad

ADC: Kog, Lucian, Trist, Ezreal

Jungle: Yi, Warwick, Hecarim, Amumu, Kha'Zix, Xin

Support: Hah! Uh, Janna, Morgana, Thresh, Blitz

Yes I'm a top main.

Joined around the time Vladimir was released. Played for about 2 years or so? Stopped because I couldn't stand playing any amount in Solo Queue and the meta in S3 really cemented in the fact that Riot doesn't want the Meta to shift anymore. Plus looking at how the champions were being designed it was just following a ridiculously dry trend.

Now I'm looking through this thread and I'm like Yasowhat? Lucian? Who the fuck are these people, last new champ was Garen ty.

I play a lot of LoL since it's easy enough to where you can drop it for an extended period of time and pick it up where you left off.

Top: Nasus
Mid: Swain
Jungle: Nocturne
Support: Alistair
ADC: Varus or Draven

I usually stick to Top lane though since I like 1x1 skirmishes more than team fights.
But toplane becomes all about Teamfights mid game

Joined around the time Vladimir was released. Played for about 2 years or so? Stopped because I couldn't stand playing any amount in Solo Queue and the meta in S3 really cemented in the fact that Riot doesn't want the Meta to shift anymore. Plus looking at how the champions were being designed it was just following a ridiculously dry trend.

The meta now is as varied as it has ever been.

Reactions: Kaykay
But toplane becomes all about Teamfights mid game

Not really. Mid lane usually catches the most flak.

Usually by the time other laners show up in my lane as Nasus, one of the two things occur.

• Scenario A: I have had a reasonably successful farming lane so I can either kill or escape the gankers using Nasus's ult.
  • Scenario B: I die due to a terrible laning phase, which serves as a prelude to the many deaths ahead that an underfarmed Nasus faces.

No. You have to go teamfight or the enemy team murders yours 4v5 and just end the game while you fuck around top.

No. You have to go teamfight or the enemy team murders yours 4v5 and just end the game while you fuck around top.
Not really. I have moderate success with Nasus by the way I play. Not saying I'm Diamond or even Gold, but it does alright in Normals.

I don't see much point in serving as cannon fodder because I'm underfed, so I wait until I'm sufficiently confident in my abilities to hold my own and then I carry if there is a team left to be carried.

While that strategy relies a lot on the team to not be full of idiots, it's a viable strategy nonetheless. Also, you mentioned a 4 v 5 scenario but that's hardly ever the case because once I notice that the other top laner is gone, Nasus can push straight to base at a scary fast pace with his Q. They're hardly ever gone for more than a single gank, and if they roam too long I usually end up taking an inhibitor.

aE1rXro_460s_v2.jpg

Yeah, I generally hate playing any game with a Nasus in it. If you pick Nasus, you force your entire team to play around you, and play around the fact that you have to farm for 90% of the game and hopefully just carry right at the end. And obviously playing against a fed Nasus isn't fun at all because he just gets too fricking OP - as a bot laner who would barely have come into contact with him for a decent portion of the game, it's frustrating that no matter how well I played or how hard we dominated as a team, Nasus is literally untouchable if he just farms minions all game.

Depends on the Nasus. I roam a bit for objectives and to counter early jungle invasions. I'm not a high level player, but I've found freezing lane for a roam is very rewarding. Not that one or the other tactic is better. The forever pushing technique is effective. Nasus will burn through that base if he isn't stopped. Also I've seen some jungle Nasus players do very well when they counter jungle. The last one I played with had over 500 stacks. So really Nasus' abilities are up to the player.

Reactions: Temet Nosce
Yeah, I generally hate playing any game with a Nasus in it. If you pick Nasus, you force your entire team to play around you, and play around the fact that you have to farm for 90% of the game and hopefully just carry right at the end.
That's a terrible Nasus play. :ferret: You only resort to non-stop farming if you fall behind. This is why Nasus brings teleport: So that--ten minutes in--you can beat an enemy out of your lane with your pimp stick and then ward-teleport into a bush on bottom lane to surprise-gank out of nowhere. Then you take advantage of your Q working on turrets to 3-push the bot lane turret down in one go, head back to base, and go back to top lane. Bot lane can then secure dragons and murder mid lane. You swing with your team to baron around 20-25 minutes in. Afterwards, you push for the 30 minute win with your team. If for some reason you cannot, then you can resort to Q-farming for another few minutes while your team is able to fend for itself in 4v5 engagements against a weaker opponent to become a super-carry.

It's the same with a good Veigar versus a great Veigar. Good Veigars can secure mid lane. Great Veigars can push an enemy out of mid lane, head back to turret, then teleport gank with their stun circle of doom to blow away bot lane's problems. It's even sometimes acceptable as a Nasus to sacrifice your top lane tower for bot lane tower, seeing as how it'll open up easier farming for you anyway and benefit your team by freeing up bot lane to secure dat dragon. :ferret:

It all just depends on the Nasus. You are right that I essentially force the entire team to play around me @Halo but I think the same could be said of many other champions. If you go against a Vayne or Yi, you try your best to end the game early since they are pretty much unstoppable late game. @Shiri that's exactly my point. Obviously I can't play every game the exact same way since sometimes mid lane REALLY sucks and I have to adapt and help.

My preferred and best Nasus however is when I can just nonstop push and farm, and usually when I'm two turrets in I sneak through the jungle and start ganking mid nonstop. The life drain on the Q gets to where I gank, heal on monsters, kill enemy jungle, gank again. That isn't every game though.

@Brovo just a difference in opinion I spose. If you do all that running around, you lose punching power on your Q. That is also assuming that your initial gank on bot is successful AND a jungler/top isn't totally murdering Top while you roam. Also, if there is a tough top like Renekton, you aren't going to have any room to roam. My strategy isn't the most 'effective' and it may not carry as hard as others, but it does two things.

A: It works against the vast majority of people I see top due to Nasus's crazy sustain.
B: It keeps you from falling behind and feeding.

Also, I love how this thread has turned into a massive discussion about my favorite champ.

@Brovo just a difference in opinion I spose. If you do all that running around, you lose punching power on your Q. That is also assuming that your initial gank on bot is successful AND a jungler/top isn't totally murdering Top while you roam. Also, if there is a tough top like Renekton, you aren't going to have any room to roam. My strategy isn't the most 'effective' and it may not carry as hard as others, but it does two things.
Read my post again, I don't always advocate for pimp-cane surprise Nasus.
You only resort to non-stop farming if you fall behind.
you can beat an enemy out of your lane with your pimp stick and then ward-teleport into a bush on bottom lane to surprise-gank out of nowhere.
If you're...
A. Tying an enemy up on top lane so the battle remains a 4v4 throughout the rest of Summoner's Rift, or...
B. You've fallen behind in the game and can't contribute much in a team fight beyond your slow and dying in 3 seconds...

Then it's perfectly okay to stay top lane. My problem is if you're the kind of Nasus that ends up getting gank-murdered five times because they won't ever stop pushing top lane after 20 minutes have passed, still whittling away the second tower as the enemy team aces yours in a 4v5 and takes two turrets, an inhibitor, dragon, and baron. If you're sacrificing map objectives for a few more points in Q, you're hurting your team with an obscene amount of personal greed. Especially since armour penetration is more effective than it's ever been, so you will simply get stunlocked into oblivion and slaughtered in any serious fight involving you alone against their team. (Barring the time when Black Cleavers used to stack of course.) Especially since Nasus has absolutely zero escape ability beyond his single-target slow. :ferret:

Status
Not open for further replies.