MOVIES Last Movie You Watched

My father enjoyed Violent Night so much it's been added to his rotation of Home Alone and Christmas Vacation as an annual watch.

Last movie I watched was Saltburn, went in knowing absolutely nothing about it.
That was...interesting.

The Boy and the Heron just came out here and I watched it in the theatre! Broke my precious little heart, it did. I looked awful stepping out of the theatre. 12/10

Reactions: Reliance
Cinderella 2015

I really enjoyed it, just a classically down live action remake, followed the original well and ended happy so I'm happy. Plus had one of my all time fav actresses in it, Lily James

I've been on a mission going through the Marvel movies in order cuz I've seen so few of them and I watched the Incredible Hulk for the first time a few days back

The last two movies I watched were the new Mean Girls, and Elemental, which was just a rewatch.

The Equalizer 3. Loved every minute of it.
Same here

I caught 2 by accident, went back to watch 1, then circled around to 3. I like action, I like Denzel. Pass the popcorn

• Love
Reactions: Blue
//takes all of the movie recommendations

I saw the Boy and the Heron as its pre-release here! The subs were a bit off, and the story a bit messy but the movie was very Hayao Miyazaki. Definitely an ode for the fans. You can see how much of himself he put in there, how it is more a dedication and it just, I walked out holding myself together. Playing that OST on repeat now. Goodbye never was this hard.

More recently I saw I Am Dragon. It is a Russian movie and quite enjoyable! Just don't watch the English dub and try to find the English sub. The voice over ruins the movie. It starts out like a dark fantasy, then has a moment of trying to be a romcom, then it dwindles out into just romantic. If you like dragons and dream of having a dragon husband, and like staring at pretty people this is the movie! 😂

I binged all of the HP movies and Fanstatic Beasts the other day 😭 needed some nostalgia in my life.

Just saw Argylle yesterday. It was absolutely ridiculous, but I liked it despite the reviews. Could have been better, but the obvious twists and campy plot points were still fun lol.

Anyone remember that show Monk? A feature length Monk movie came out

Hi, Mom! [你好,李焕英 Hello, Li Huanying] because it is fully available on Youtube (with English subs!) and I guess I felt like crying (that plot twist really jerked my heart out of my chest). It was amazing.

Back from an impromptu screening of Past Lives. A lovely little movie about growing up and growing apart, especially when one of yous emigrates and the other stays behind -- as someone who's "stayed behind", it was very relatable, and while tears pushed themselves out of their corresponding ducts a few times, this didn't make me as sad as it did the people I watched it with. In fact, it made me quite glad.
Greta Lee's character does a long, isolated walk at the very end of the film, then breaks down crying, which would be sad if she wasn't crying into the shoulder of someone she loved, someone who was clearly willing to stand by her come what may, and then the very end of the film is this tracking shot of Teo Yoo's character leaving New York City, which to me signified how life goes on--
--goes on rather beautifully, at that, since this film is impeccably shot and scored. Recommended for people who like romance, cinematography (especially of skylines), and characters who don't act too much like twats.

Oh! Also: *Nimona* is out on Youtube, for those who've yet to see it.

Back from an impromptu screening of Past Lives. A lovely little movie about growing up and growing apart, especially when one of yous emigrates and the other stays behind -- as someone who's "stayed behind", it was very relatable, and while tears pushed themselves out of their corresponding ducts a few times, this didn't make me as sad as it did the people I watched it with. In fact, it made me quite glad.
Greta Lee's character does a long, isolated walk at the very end of the film, then breaks down crying, which would be sad if she wasn't crying into the shoulder of someone she loved, someone who was clearly willing to stand by her come what may, and then the very end of the film is this tracking shot of Teo Yoo's character leaving New York City, which to me signified how life goes on--
--goes on rather beautifully, at that, since this film is impeccably shot and scored. Recommended for people who like romance, cinematography (especially of skylines), and characters who don't act too much like twats.
oh, i forgot to mention: for all you classic literature/cinema fans out there, this picture gave me really strong The Dead vibes, both the James Joyce novella and the John Huston film.

I watched phantom of the opera on valentines day w/ my partner

Same here

I caught 2 by accident, went back to watch 1, then circled around to 3. I like action, I like Denzel. Pass the popcorn
Me too! I need to go back and have a marathon of The Equalizer.
I love Monk. I had no idea they had a movie. Is it on a streaming service?

Reactions: Reliance
A Good Person with Morgan Freeman and Florence Pugh. I want to put up the trailer but the language could be an issue...? Anyway, awesome movie. It's on Prime.

Same here

Me too! I need to go back and have a marathon of The Equalizer.
I love Monk. I had no idea they had a movie. Is it on a streaming service?
That it is. The Monk movie is on Peacock Premium 🦚

Miller's Girl. Did not like this at all.