Lantern & Komorebi

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lantern

Original poster
It was just an early morning for Autumn. It was the weekend, and it was time for her to relax. The following night she hadn't eaten anything, after feeling incredibly queasy. Just then, her eyes snapped open and she looks around. She looks over to her clock and sighs. 6am!? What on earth was keeping her awake this early!? She then felt queasy again. That defiantly wasn't good. She quickly rushed to her bathroom and threw up. This wasn't anything like her, I mean, she ran a few thoughts through her mind. She couldn't be pregnant, could she? She hadn't done anything recently. Then she remembered when she and her best friend had been messing around, just for fun. It was her first sexual experience with someone she loved and cared about, and she was completely in her comfort zone and was happy. She didn't expect to grow pregnant from it, though, it was just a one off thing. She bit her lip softly and then cleaned up, then began to call him.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ryan sighed, as the softness of a Saturday morning dawned on his waking eyes and he rolled slightly in his bed, turning so that his face was angled away from the window. But his desire to sleep just a little longer was denied him, as he felt a stirring in his mind and he bit back a frustrated growl. Deep in the recesses of his mind, a chuckling voice sounded as it had every day for the past three years. His 'companion' for life, he'd joked at the start. Yeah, well he was seriously regretting that comment. Ryan groaned as he rolled out of his bed and into the bathroom to relieve his complaining bladder. His thoughts drifted to Autumn- and to their experiments the past few weeks, the fun and the trust they'd built up there. Or, the trust she'd built with Evankov- the 'other' in his head. Sometimes, it was hard to figure out where he ended and Evankov started.
His phone buzzed as he entered his room once again and he picked it up, grinning as he saw the subject of his thoughts was calling him. He accepted the call and held it to his ear as he sat on the bed. "Hey Autumn. Why the early call? Everything okay?"

• Love
Autumn heard him answer and she didn't know what to say. A flood of worry poured over her, she was still chewing on her lip as she paces around the hallway. "Um hey. You see the night we messed around? Well, uh, recently I've been feeling really sick. I threw up this morning. What if I'm.... I'm pregnant...?" She stumbles.

• Love
At those halting words from his best friend and the girl whose life he may have just destroyed, many thoughts flew through his head. He was a damned idiot, for thinking that they could do that and no consequences would ensue. Keeping the tension from his voice, he sighed and then began to reassure her. "If you're pregnant, then it's something we'll work past. You're still my priority remember, I'm not going to abandon you because things get difficult or anything like that. You're Autumn. How could I let you deal with by yourself? Do you think you can drive around here or do you want me to pick you up? I think it's good if we can sit down and talk at my apartment."

• Love
Autumn smiles. She couldn't believe he wasn't leaving. She sighs with relief. "Thanks. I can go to yours just fine" She says gently. She hung up, got dressed and headed there slowly. Once she arrived, she knocks gently and then waits.

• Love
After she hung up, Ryan jumped through the shower quickly and shifted into some comfortable jeans and a flannel t-shirt. He was just towelling his hair from the last of it's moisture as he heard the knock on his apartment door and he walked over, opening it to see Autumn waiting on his doorstep and he sighed as if in relief. "Hey... Come here." He drew her into a hug and let her into the apartment as he did so.

• Love
Autumn smiles at him and went indoors. "Morning. Sorry for calling you so early" She says softly, her eyes were tired with bags underneath of them, she seemed quite weak and tired.

• Love
Ryan blinked at the weakness of her steps and the clearly obvious lack of sleep present in the dark bags under her eyes, leading her to a chair in the kitchen. "Geez, Autty... Have you slept at all... or eaten? Don't worry about me." She truly looked like the rug had been stolen from beneath her feet and it hurt to see her like that. "I'll grab some tea. You need something to keep you going, you look like you're about to collapse."
Somewhere in the depths of his mind, a dirty and snide voice muttered something he promptly ignored.
But last time, she wasn't complaining about that exhaustion...
Had Ryan ever mentioned how much he hated that voice?

• Love
Autumn shook her head. "No, I'm fine. Just tired. We came to talk about the uh, pregnancy, right?" She says, switching the subject lightly.

• Love
Ryan eyed her sceptically but didn't push it any further. "Alrighty then, first things first." He drew up a chair beside her, so that they were close and within sight of each other. "I'm not going to leave you to deal with this by yourself. This is both of our responsibility- if YOU choose to keep the baby. It's not up to me, for all that I'm the father. It's your life and your body- and I won't begrudge you that choice."

• Love
Autumn shifted un comfortingly. "No, no I'm not having an abortion" She tells him truthfully, wrapping her arms around herself. She looks down at her hands gently and tries to stop them from shaking. She sighs and bit her lip.

Ryan cursed softly under his breath and ran his hands through his hair. "Well, that's good. It's not what would I would have wanted, to do that..." He smiled and lay a hand on her shoulder, all the while feeling like he was the worst man on earth. "It'll turn out okay... I promise. I'll do whatever is needed to keep you safe and going well."

(Why does he feel like he's the worst man on earth? Why is she also bruised and battered? I just want to figure out this plot a little more)

Autumn nods. This would be a tough nine months for sure. She kept her arms around herself until she unwrapped them and ran a hand through her hair. She wasn't sure what to do next, what should she do next? She bit her lip and looks to him, expectantly.

• Love
(Logically, how would you feel if you'd gotten your best friend pregnant? I'd blame myself, for sure. Also, I have a feeling I was slightly out of my mind when I wrote this plot and that was supposed to be the start of a completely different one. xD)

And there she was with that look, like he had the answers. And he didn't have any. He had no clue on what he was supposed to say or do! Standing, he made his way to the sink and grabbed a glass of water, drinking with shaking hands. How could he ever explain to his best friend that no, he hadn't really wanted to have sex so soon, he was a romance kinda guy but the separate personality in the back of his head had won out control. She'd probably hit him for, to be honest. So he kept his mouth shut and poured a glass for Autumn, placing it in front of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
(Oh, haha! Thanks for clearing that up! Also, could they have both wanted to have sex but didn't realise that she could possibly get pregnant so easily? I don't want it to seem like your character didn't want it truly and mine did, so it seems like my character raped yours in a way, because I get super touchy in sex. Thanks. Would you mind editing your post?)

She looks down at the water and then picks it up to drink. Her hands were so shaky with worry that she knocked it over, luckily not breaking the glass. "Whoops" She says in a weak and lifeless tone and went to clean it up.

(It's actually not what I meant. Imagine- the fact that his separate personality had gone and done something like this- he's not protesting it. Trust me, he isn't as you'll see you soon. He's loved her for a long time- but he wanted to do the whole romance her type thing. I'll edit it, if it truly bothers you.)

The clink of the glass echoed in the quiet kitchen and as she moved to clean it up, he pressed a clean teatowel into her hand to absorb the water, grinning a little. "Don't worry about it, it's just water and my kitchen probably needed a good clean anyway."

(Ah, okay!)

She smiles weakly and then stood helping him clean up. Once she was done, she stretched for a while then sat down again, staring out of a window. It was raining, the rain was pelting down on the glass window. She sighed, couldn't it for once be sunny? It would really enlighten the mood.

(can i join this in anywayv really injoyed reading it and i wanna take part in the roleplay?)

Status
Not open for further replies.