Land of Myth and Magic RPG (STARTING NOW!)

The Prince of Brathis was rather surprised by the fact that everyone had jumped to defend Amara- but not too surprised. She was, after all, a Princess. At least she had the loyalty of her people, however blind they might be. Aegis felt a bit of sink in his stomach. That sounded like something that Vitesse might say about him. "Tiedän mitä olen tekemässä, Vitesse. Tai ehkä en," Aegis said to Vitesse. His accent was notably different, but the language was the same. I know what's I'm doing, Vitesse. Or perhaps not. Aegis took a deep breath. He wasn't usually so impulsive, but his one point of anger had been triggered, and now he was in quite a fix. His one point of anger being respect to your elders - that's how it was taught in Brathis, and the way it had always been.

He looked to the guard with his mild blue eyes, "I'm not evil. Or corrupt. I'm just desperate," He said softly, "I apologize, that was no way for a Noble to act," He looked at Vitesse, as if saying with his eyes that he was out of step, and that nobles shouldn't act like that, "But now, I think that you find me as evil as your family. The truth is, evil is relative," He pet the neck of his horse, whispering something in his foreign tongue to the horse, "However, I respect those that deserve it. Vitesse is one such person, even though he has waged war on my nation for some-time. I des-" He couldn't bring himself to say 'despise him'. It wasn't true, not completely, and so, he stopped abruptly in his sentence, "Whatever our difference in ethics and morals may be, I have come to respect him. I apologize for what I am going to say next, Princess," He swallowed, "But I have seen nothing about you that I should respect, other than your noble birth."

Aegis continued, looking through Princess Amara like she wasn't there at all, "In the past, people were born noble, like me, Like you, but now, nobility comes from what you do." He looked at Vitesse, remembering what he had said about assassins, "Let the assassins come. That will show that she's just as corrupt as her family supposedly is." Aegis stopped with the grandiosity and began to speak more plainly, "Why don't you tell us why you think your family is corrupt? It's rather hard to believe such things without an explanation." He had finally come out of his proud, barely contained, state of anger, and was back to Aegis the Knight, Aegis the Diplomat, Aegis the Prince. It showed in his voice, which returned to a dull monotone.

Vitesse, in turn, calmly turns to look at Rikana. "Caution is a trait I figure a warrior should be able to identify. Maybe spending so much time in this peaceful little nation has dulled your senses." He sighs, shrugging - an arc of electricity coursing over his body with a disturbing 'bryzrt' sound. "You're right. I don't know you. I've just fought againt people like you." He turns, with a scowl, "People that justify their actions by saying they're 'good' and 'righteous', but become blinded by their own rhetoric." He swipes a hand through the air in disgust. "The people who follow folks like that throw their lives away... For what? Their gods? The power of 'Good'? Meanwhile, their rulers sit back, waiting to gather the spoils of their now-holy war. Frankly, it's foul and disgusting. Just because someone is an agressor, or looks different, doesn't make them evil." That last sentence sounded a little more emotional than the rest... Vitesse grinds his sharp teeth together a moment.

"I am not a noble. I have no noble blood. I am not a part of this ridiculous little tower of power you have. I am a free man, and not only will I not take orders from anyone else but a free man, I will speak my mind - and defend myself from anyone who would take that from me," he glares at Rikana, "Physically, if need be." He points forward, "...Prince Aegis is not my friend. He's completely useless, and acts less like a warrior every time I see him. Sir Aegis - the horseback knight - is my friend. They are the same person, but only one of them is worth any of my time."

Though Aegis had come out of his anger, Vitesse's barely contained fury actually manifested as arcs of electricity moving across his body. He did, however, attempt to keep things civil as possible - his people had little use for flowery words or deception, so he spoke plainly... Maybe rudely. But what he spoke, he believed.

Collo listened to the goings ons very carefully. (Oohkay. Someone is pissed. I can feel the anger in that lightning from here.) Collo looked at Fanor, Fanor noticed and winked causing Collo to blush and double take. He ignored her jibe though and asked her, "What do you think of the Blitztails anger?"

Fanor replied with, "It will get him killed one day if he's not careful."

"Right then." Collo responded as he noticed something in the tree line. (Is that? AW! HELL!) Collo barely noticed the black being because he hadn't been paying attention. "Aw crap." Collo wispered.

"What is it Collo?" Fanor asked when suddenly she noticed it too.

Collo then quickly and covertly without anybody, he thought, noticing threw a dagger at it and it dissipated into light, "Whew. That was close."\

"Nice shot Collo." Fanor encouraged.

"Thanks but we might end up with more." Collo stated as they watched the goings ons still.

Aegis caught the sound of the hunter on the wind. The shadow. Whatever it was. He turned his head, losing his focus on the Princess. In his head, he rationalized it as dealing with the more important thing. He looked back at the two chatty ones. Fanor and Collo, judging by what they said. A wolf and what appeared to be human. Aegis was certain not to take anything at face value. In his Kingdom, such a pair would have been assumed to be a wandering druid or ranger, perhaps in the service of the Imperial Legion. These two were a long way from his kingdom, and thus, he assumed they were not what he thought they were. Aegis dismounted from his horse, Farris, and strode up to Collo.

Aegis looked around, catching the dissipating blackness as it moved in the breeze. He was cautious now, perhaps Vitesse's comment about Assassins had thrown him off, though it didn't show on his face. Hardly anything did, "You. Collo, is it?" His voice, usually toneless, has a slight sense of business about it. A sense that Aegis was serious and had no appetite for anything other than a straight answer, "What did you through your dagger at? I heard it whistle through the wind." The Prince knew anything and everything that passed through the air and breezes, but to what the target of the dagger was, he could not honestly say. He looked at Collo with his narrow blue eyes, and murmured softly to himself, "An assassin, perhaps?"

(What the bloody 'ell? An assassin eh... huh wow.) "Nope not an assassin but that thing I threw the dagger at is none of your concern unless one comes after you, and I doubt one would. Not that your not a threat to it but it is looking for something other than you. And why am I telling you this? I should be telling the princess of this land if anyone." Collo stated flatly. Just then Collo grabbed Aegis's arm and pushed him aside abit, "Excuse me." Collo said at the same time throwing another dagger at another shadow. "Well I guess they're after everyone in this land? Huh." Collo said quizzically as Aegis looked at him.

Fanor watched and after the encounter and engagement she jumped on Collo's back. "Nice shot Collo!" Fanor exclaimed.

(Bloody 'ell) Collo thought as Fanor jumped on his back.