Land Of Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scepter was getting to the end of his poetic prose when a young voice spoke to him. "Writing." He replied in a monotone voice, almost subconsciously. Once he was done, he turned to look at the young boy, surprise after thinking all of his fans had ran out of the store. How bothersome. The next bit of magic he needed to do required some performing, like those dramatic mages that appeared in fantasy stories for children, but he couldn't do so in front of a random person.

Still, he offered his gentlest smile, as if there weren't two fainted men at his feet, and this place didn't reek of danger and was instead a flower field. "You should go away from here. The place had been evacuated." It wasn't his fault that his magic had such a powerful vibe, but when next to Scepter, people always felt like there was something off with him, as if behind his gente demeanour hid bad intentions.

The Nephandus had gotten ahold of one of the many fans that had gone to see the writer. The poor teenager was unconscious on the ground, and the fallen mage was staring right into a security camera. A face no camera in the city had ever filmed before. "Lots of mages doing magic freely, in the middle of a crowd. Where the hell are you?! I thought no one escaped your claws, tech geeks?!" His voice was audible to Jeffry from far away in the building.

"I'll teach you how things are done!" and to provoke the people he was talking to, he proceed to cut the throat open of the teen right in front of the camera, the dark resonance of his magic instantly bathing the place, attracting the spirits whose attention he wanted. Some lights went off, other sones more brightly. There were some strange sounds of the structure threatening to fall apart from the small failures it had. And right next to Jeffry, there was a gas pipe, and with the Nephandus dark magic, the pressured gas was about to break through the pipe and fill the room, a dangerous situation for the man that had a lighter in hand.

Baffled, Cael gawked at the man who had just finished with punching his finger on the mobile numpad repeatedly. What the hell, you can write on phones now? He wavered between shaking or nodding his head while Scepter advised him to leave. "Uh, you sure?" He stole another glance at Pedroni and looked around in case Jeffry happened to remain in sight. "Some dude told me to help anyone who's hurting. This guy ain't hurt?" He raised his eyebrow at the unconscious body. Strangely, Cael found himself unable- or at least unwilling- to keep eye contact with Scepter. He didn't know why, but at least he had an excuse for it when he looked up in the direction of the vocals and shouting. The noise levels seemed to have grown louder.

Across the hallway, Jeffry saw the Nephandus. He had nailed him! At last! Fuck the bloody bastard, this was it! Jeffry knew the bullets weren't going to hurt the fucker given any half-witted nephandus would have taken care of some cinetic barriers or something, but he just couldn't miss the chance to take at least a couple of shots to the monster as he approached.
As he shot all his six rounds in a pretty fine aimed fashion to the nephandus (for a guy running, this is), he felt the smell... not only burning powder... but gas Bloody 'ell! he muttered before falling to the floor in a failed attempt to get out of the fire cone that was comming out of the juncture of the ducts. Jeffry had cinetic and force barriers up, too, so there was little damage... but his barriers couldn't be trusted once the heat taked the pipe system and then, the general gas conection. THe whole place was gonna blow out, along with a great deal of the square.
Jeffry got up on his feet after sliding in a semi-crouched position, jumped onwards and run to the others, sliding on the floor to slow down his movement by Vetinari's side. Bloody place's gonna explode! Take everyone and run! he yelled and took Vetinari on his shoulders, readying himself to run out of the book shop. THe owner was definitelly not having a good day.

Just as Jeffree had supposed, the nephandus had his good deal of magic to take care of any bullets shoot his way. After all, he couldn't go around pissing off people without any kind of barrier; that would be begging to get killed. After his deed was done, he disappeared from sight.

'Who are you--?' Scepter started asking, since the young boy didn't look like he was a policeman, a fireman or a nurse. He was too young to be any of that. But his question was interrupted by Jeffry's order. Given all that happened in this short time, the writer didn't doubt him. Stronger than one would expect from a writer in his sixties, but Pedroni not being bulky to begin with, Scepter could lift him to get out of the building too. Once outside, he kept going as fast as he could, while yelling 'BOMB ALERT!' so people would try to get away too. Some of the fans that still were around and the shop owner had called 911 out of worry. Scepter didn't have the magic to spare to save all of these people. He didn't even know if he'd get out of here in one piece. Hopefully he'd magic was working, and he'd have a string of good luck.

Cael shrugged. He'd opened his mouth to answer, but would stop, turn to Jeffry, and curse aloud. He'd then break off into a sprint before making a u-turn to give Scepter a hand in helping Pedroni up. "Yo, c'mon, c'mon!" The boy rubbernecked the entire way even after they had exited the building. It was quite possible that either the explosion or his anticipation would kill him today.

Jeffry dragged an unconcious Vettinari whose expression looked like angry and pained into the street, brought the car they came on near him and loaded him into the back.
Want a ride? He asked to the other ones who were next to him with another wounded. He went to help them since he was the one joining the little mage up.

Was that the string of good luck? Scepter didn't doubt it, nodded in response to Jeffry and put his mentor inside of the car, quickly getting in after him, and moving so he'd leave for the kid. He didn't know him or any of the older men, but with the menace of the upcoming explosion, it mattered little in comparison with the urge of getting out of there alive.

"You ain't gonna hear me say no!" Cael dove headlong into the passenger seat before slamming it closed. He pressed his cheeks against the windows to look back at the building as he repeatedly urged everyone else who wasn't in the car... to get in the car.

THey were all in the car, and Jeffry went off. He pressed the accelerator until it went at top speed. A couple of seconds after, they heard and saw the explosion: the fire had cought the pipes and when it reached the air chambers on the gas system, it blew away, engulfing the building full of books into a ball of fire and smoke, and probably some people near it.
Dirty fucking CUNT! Jeffry cursed and hit the wheel so strong that he hurt himself. Bloody fuck. Ok, how are they? he asked about the two unconcious old men. Jeffry started to go to downtown, where he thought it was fairly more safe, for now.

Scepter closed his eyes and gritted his teeth when he heard the explosion. Not only did it threaten to make his PTSD resurface to life, he felt like it was his fault all of that had happened, since he had reunited all of those people without even checking the probabilities of a disaster happening there. They rarely happened, but attacks like that only needed to happen once to ruin lots of lives.

After hearing the driver's voice, he checked out Pedroni again, relieved to see that nothing had changed, since it meeant Pedroni wasn't getting worse. "I've got an unconscious old man here, but I don't think he's dying." He said with a shaky sigh.

After the explosion had taken place, Cael jumped in his seat and exclaimed a series of vulgar expressions. He planted his face again on the window just to watch the smoky backdrop slip farther and farther away while they continued down the road. "Yooo, yoo dude. Holy motherfu..." his own voice trailed off, and Jeffry spoke up. Cael didn't miss the chance to observe the last of the scenery as they turned a corner. He faced the backseat, twisting himself all the way. "Yo, what about that other dude?" Cael pointed to Vetinari and headbutted the car roof as they passed over a speedbump. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt. He cursed and rubbed at the pain.

I think he'll wake up ofuscated but fine...we can't say until we get to the Parliament. He said as he drove around avoiding main routes and congestions.
He searched between radio stations in FM and AM waiting to know how sleeper gobernment had laveled it: as spected, it was "a terrorist attack on cultural integrity" and no group had claimed authory.

I'm jeffry, by the way. That terrorist dif something to the old man, so we're taking him to do some exams, ok? Jeffry told Scepter to ease him

The writer tried to not pay too much mind to the sleeper's news, but still kept an ear on them, in case he was mentioned. "Exams?" Scepter looked up at Jeffry through the car's mirror. "I'm sorry, I don't understand. What are we going to the Parliament for?"

"I'm Cael." He nodded to Scepter and Jeffry. "The hell's a... par-loohment?" He tried sounding out.

"Hah, right..." Being so worried over his mentor, he had asked about his concerns without introducing himself too. That was bad manners. "I'm Scepter."

Status
Not open for further replies.