Kingdom/Race Creation Roleplay?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Water is used for crop cultivation, watering livestock, water transportation, population limiting, and whatever else you can think of :) no water for crops means no food! No water for people means no people! It's important
Couldn't we combine it with the Food resource, since they are rather similar in function and almost always directly tied to one another (besides those crazy Northern Fangels in their ice castles)?

Reactions: MadKingJai™
I hate to say it, but I completely disagree. With my experience, improvising results in a lot of players getting unequal treatment and thus, a lot of knotted panties. People get sticks up their ass as soon as this "improvising" thing is implemented. If I say to you, "sure make this magical spell that change this and that" and then another player pitches it and I say "Naw, doesn't make as much sense for your race" then all of a sudden the GM is a biased jerk.
Don't miss a bit when you quote, and you won't take things out of context. I was meaning in terms of D&D dungeons, improvising is best. It's way more fun as a GM to come up with the plot as you go along, and it's way more fun as a player when the GM is being meta cos they're making it up as they go along. It's telling a story more than playing a game, so if you plan too much in advance you're screwed if the players do something you didn't plan for.

Reactions: Soulserenity20
I'm going to need a lot of input from you guys. Okay?

Here's a screenshot of what I have so far :3

So we need to make a list of resources, we also need to make a list of "actions" that will cost resources. Once a week I'll do "upkeep" and update how much of what each of you have. Beyond that, we can RP as normal and that'll be the aspect that dictates what our nations look like, resource wise I think.

2z5sksn.jpg
2lc464n.jpg

Okay, I found it. It's on page 3, in case my quote didn't capture everything.

Transportation is a good idea! I never thought of that. My race would have none. At all. Lol they've never explored farther than the two neighboring kingdoms.

Oh yeah going to have Small Nation 500k since I don't think I would need a fucking large army for people that don't like to fight unless forced too save their home xD just another note.

Don't miss a bit when you quote, and you won't take things out of context. I was meaning in terms of D&D dungeons, improvising is best. It's way more fun as a GM to come up with the plot as you go along, and it's way more fun as a player when the GM is being meta cos they're making it up as they go along. It's telling a story more than playing a game, so if you plan too much in advance you're screwed if the players do something you didn't plan for.
Ah, well I was applying the idea to this RP :) sorry if that made it seem misinterpreted

Couldn't we combine it with the Food resource, since they are rather similar in function and almost always directly tied to one another (besides those crazy Northern Fengels in their ice castles)?
Ice Castles xD and it Fangels lol.

Also, maybe for the potential build choices it might be best to put a section on the CS for that? Then all the proposed ideas are easy to find and don't get lost in a melee of posts.

Also, maybe for the potential build choices it might be best to put a section on the CS for that? Then all the proposed ideas are easy to find and don't get lost in a melee of posts.
Can you elaborate a bit more on this?

Yeah, I'm kind of losing track of where everything is and what's been discussed.

If I combined the two, then it wouldn't make sense for a place that has all frozen, inaccessible water, but has a race of livestock that provides food. Would I say high water high food because the food is high? Or low water low food because the water is low?

I don't see the point in combining just because I don't think it'll accomplish anything really.

Reactions: Seeking Calliope
I also think would be cool, don't have to have it, but a Trade Route, like a line that goes from each nation or like a black market to sell things. Maybe when times get rough a nation can barter things off to make up for their loses to add some more communication between nations, that last line rhymed not on purpose.

Yeah, I'm kind of losing track of where everything is and what's been discussed.
Lol well. I'm sorry. But I can't keep track of everything that's been discussed until we Come to some conclusions so I can store those conclusions in the OOC

If I combined the two, then it wouldn't make sense for a place that has all frozen, inaccessible water, but has a race of livestock that provides food. Would I say high water high food because the food is high? Or low water low food because the water is low?

I don't see the point in combining just because I don't think it'll accomplish anything really.
Could do Food & Drink and than Water would stand just for the other things, plant life, transportation etc... so no confusion maybe.

I also think would be cool, don't have to have it, but a Trade Route, like a line that goes from each nation or like a black market to sell things. Maybe when times get rough a nation can barter things off to make up for their loses to add some more communication between nations, that last line rhymed not on purpose.
I'm in favor of trade routes. I can draw on ones that are preestablished once all nations are made and add them in as the RP progresses

So like, on the CS you'd have a section for Nation Structures, under which people would list things that their nation might need to build, in addition to the normal stuff. If one nation requires winged, cloud-insulated furnaces to smith their marshmallow swords, then they can put "Cute furnaces" under that tab, and then the GM decides on how much that would cost to build, and maybe groups them in with normal furnaces.

Trade lines is also a nice idea. That way a mean nation could block off trade between two more distant nations until those two nations organise an aquatic route.

Fangels are so going to make marshmallow swords now xD

(Nameless nation) will buy them and sell them at festivals!

Is it possible to organize the conversation. Keep it on one topic and then introduce other topics?

I think, despite reading everything, I'm still 4 pages back and trying to figure out what types of ideas Soul wants us to contribute to that list that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, at the moment.

So like, on the CS you'd have a section for Nation Structures, under which people would list things that their nation might need to build, in addition to the normal stuff. If one nation requires winged, cloud-insulated furnaces to smith their marshmallow swords, then they can put "Cute furnaces" under that tab, and then the GM decides on how much that would cost to build, and maybe groups them in with normal furnaces.

Trade lines is also a nice idea. That way a mean nation could block off trade between two more distant nations until those two nations organise an aquatic route.
Good idea. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.