Karaeoke

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
do you enjoy karaoke? Do you play with friends or among strangers? By yourself? What's your favourite song for it?

I like camp songs like 'lean on me' because everyone knows them so if the mood is right you can get a singalong going

Nothing livens up a party like me attempting to sing "Take on Me" on karaoke.

For srs, just because I can't sing, doesn't mean I won't.

Especially on a karaoke machine.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
At a recent party for school, I sang I see Fire and Viva la Vida alone. A teacher and I sang I'll make a man out of you together.

Reactions: Windsong
There is nothing more fun to be a part of than a room full of nerds at 1AM all singing "Piano Man" together, not even caring that we only had one mic.

I'm rarely in a situation with karaoke besides my yearly anime con. When I'm there, I'm willing to sing by myself, but it's fun when you get a bunch of people on stage together. I'll sing anything I know, but Black Rock Shooter and Snake Eater are probably the most fun. Plus, again, you can usually get a bunch of people to sing them.

That reminds me, one time after a Pokemon panel at the con ended, the panel hosts suggested we sing the theme song for ~fan bonding~. The entire panel of 50+ people sang the whole thing (long version!) and then came together for a giant group hug. It was great. xD

At that same party, every guy (Me included) gathered around a single mic, and sang Let it Go.

It was beautiful.

*Sheds tear*

Sing like no one is listening.

I do nightly at work. The genre's vary as do the artists.

Ever seen a racist christian black woman's face when the big bearded white guy is singing Rammstein from across a school yard while picking up trash?

It's fucking priceless.

Only done actual karaoke once if my version doesn't count. Working at a bar me and another guy sang 'A Whole New World' from Aladdin together.

Rolling in the tips that night.

/me just got back from Kareoke night with a friend at a local nighttime Cafe!
We started it off by bringing Backstreet back, then we did Baby Got Back and What is Love and she did Tracks of my Tears and I did One Week from the Barenaked Ladies, and then we closed out with The Call.

My dream is to be able to do 'Rap God' and kill it *w*

I've only done karaoke once and it was at a Sister Prom, and I was super shy back then so I kind of sung like a mouse. xD Thankfully the other girls there acted goofy and sung their hearts out, hehe. :3

Not that I have the voice for it (I don't have a singing voice at all), but I like doing "Shake your love", or anything that will let me play up a schtick and make it funny. My karaoke performances are much more about the visuals than then vocals.

Seriously, if this ever plays on Rockband at a party I'm at I'll be joining in. Every time. :3

I've scared the shit out my friend when singing in japanese during some karaoke nights. but mostly I do anime music.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I love karaoke! My favorites to do are stuff like Mickey that are just really fun and bouncy.

On rare occasion, when I get hammered enough not to judge people for their selection of sing-alongs. Even then only a select few. I really can't keep a p-p-p-pokerface when said noise starts blasting from the speakers.

I'm no fun with karaoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.