3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
do you enjoy karaoke? Do you play with friends or among strangers? By yourself? What's your favourite song for it?

I like camp songs like 'lean on me' because everyone knows them so if the mood is right you can get a singalong going

Nothing livens up a party like me attempting to sing "Take on Me" on karaoke.

For srs, just because I can't sing, doesn't mean I won't.

Especially on a karaoke machine.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
At a recent party for school, I sang I see Fire and Viva la Vida alone. A teacher and I sang I'll make a man out of you together.

Reactions: Windsong
There is nothing more fun to be a part of than a room full of nerds at 1AM all singing "Piano Man" together, not even caring that we only had one mic.

I'm rarely in a situation with karaoke besides my yearly anime con. When I'm there, I'm willing to sing by myself, but it's fun when you get a bunch of people on stage together. I'll sing anything I know, but Black Rock Shooter and Snake Eater are probably the most fun. Plus, again, you can usually get a bunch of people to sing them.

That reminds me, one time after a Pokemon panel at the con ended, the panel hosts suggested we sing the theme song for ~fan bonding~. The entire panel of 50+ people sang the whole thing (long version!) and then came together for a giant group hug. It was great. xD

At that same party, every guy (Me included) gathered around a single mic, and sang Let it Go.

It was beautiful.

*Sheds tear*

Sing like no one is listening.

I do nightly at work. The genre's vary as do the artists.

Ever seen a racist christian black woman's face when the big bearded white guy is singing Rammstein from across a school yard while picking up trash?

It's fucking priceless.

Only done actual karaoke once if my version doesn't count. Working at a bar me and another guy sang 'A Whole New World' from Aladdin together.

Rolling in the tips that night.

/me just got back from Kareoke night with a friend at a local nighttime Cafe!
We started it off by bringing Backstreet back, then we did Baby Got Back and What is Love and she did Tracks of my Tears and I did One Week from the Barenaked Ladies, and then we closed out with The Call.

My dream is to be able to do 'Rap God' and kill it *w*

I've only done karaoke once and it was at a Sister Prom, and I was super shy back then so I kind of sung like a mouse. xD Thankfully the other girls there acted goofy and sung their hearts out, hehe. :3

Not that I have the voice for it (I don't have a singing voice at all), but I like doing "Shake your love", or anything that will let me play up a schtick and make it funny. My karaoke performances are much more about the visuals than then vocals.

Seriously, if this ever plays on Rockband at a party I'm at I'll be joining in. Every time. :3

I've scared the shit out my friend when singing in japanese during some karaoke nights. but mostly I do anime music.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I love karaoke! My favorites to do are stuff like Mickey that are just really fun and bouncy.

On rare occasion, when I get hammered enough not to judge people for their selection of sing-alongs. Even then only a select few. I really can't keep a p-p-p-pokerface when said noise starts blasting from the speakers.

I'm no fun with karaoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.