Justice League: The Other Side (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why thank you! I literally can not get enough of Scott Pilgrim. I even bought the cute pixel game for xbox. The movie was just hilarious. :D

Reactions: Lord Wraith
Yeah I saw the movie three times opening weekend, and I have all the graphic novels downloaded onto my phone. Haven't tried the game though.

I've been meaning to borrow the graphic novels from a friend, but I've been so busy. Currently, I'm buying a poster off eBay too.

The graphic novels are by far superior to the movie as the story makes a lot more sense and you're not doing as much head scratching. Though to be far, they're still pretty wacky, it just makes a lot more sense in context.

Reactions: 2 people
Never seen Scott Pilgrim personally. I'll have to do that sometime. But my Rayner sheet should be up later today.

kyle+rayner+Green_lantern.jpg

ALIAS:
Green Lantern​
NAME:
Kyle Rayner​
ABILITIES:
Energy Constructs - As with all GLs, Kyle can channel his willpower and creativity through his ring in order to create physical manifestations. His constructs are very detailed and layered, often including a more thorough design than what's necessary. The constructs strength and solidity vary based upon his concentration. He can create solid objects, liquids, gases, and light, though none of which have any flavor or give off a smell. The texture of his constructs can also be decided by him, though this is considered an advanced and difficult ability by most. All constructs can be moved and manipulated by the bearer of the ring that originated them. The largest limitation is that the ring cannot create life, though it can produce puppets that can be manipulated.

Energy Projection - The ring can project simple blasts of willpower or light, though it can absorb other forms of energy (electricity, thermal, etc.) and release the same amount stored at a later time.

Force Field - Around his body, there is a green aura that absorbs the impact of outside projectiles. The aura also maintains conditions (pressure, temperature, gravity, air purity, etc.) to allow human life to be sustained. The aura is a construct and as such Kyle can move it to enable himself flight.

Galactic Encyclopedia - The ring can translate most languages into a format that the wearer can understand. Also, the rings collectively have a built in connection to 'The Book of Oa', a vast collection of knowledge contributed to by every GL to ever live, and they can recite entries without interrupting the existence of any constructs.​
SKILLS:
Artistry -​
He is a skilled painter, sketcher, carver, and sculptor. He has spent hundreds of hours in each activity and it shows through his constructs.

Creativity - He enjoys doing new things with old concepts. He is a very inventive young man and is quite fond of creating anachronisms (lightsabers, katanas, bamboo staff, etc.) through his constructs.

Social Prowess - Kyle is quite comfortable amongst friends and has a degree of charisma that few people can resist. Though, when people don't find him charming, he can come across as an annoying show-off.​
WEAKNESSES:
Fear
Fear is the enemy of will. When afraid, intimidated, worried, bitten by doubt or even nervous, the amount of will that a Green Lantern can muster becomes inhibited. Depending on the intensity, form, and duration of the fear, it can affect any of the energy-related aspects of ring-wielding such as a constructs' strength, the aura's effectiveness, or the amount of emotional energy that can be released.​
Rage
Even Sinestro noted that rage is uncontrollable. When angry, a Green Lantern's constructs tend to lose their longevity and become fluid or their forms begin to surge and twitch. A Green Lantern's rage often results in a lowered sense of duty, and therefore a lessened resolve to accomplish any task. Rage is especially dangerous in combat situations.​
BACKSTORY:
Hal Jordan had been considered the greatest Green Lantern by many, from his peers to citizens across the entire galaxy. His reputation inclined the Guardians of Oa to make a special allowance for sector 2814 to have more than the standard allotment of two GLs per sector, gaining them a total of four Earth-born Green Lanterns. The second representative of 2814 was Guy Gardner, who was promoted to the Green Lantern Honor Guard. The third was John Stewart, an architect with military experience that was immediately designated in the Honor Guard. The fourth and final slot for sector 2814 was given to a 17 year old art student named Kyle Rayner.

Upon entering the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle was trained to use his ring, channel his willpower, and was introduced to the standard protocol by Kilowogg. Shortly afterward, he went back to Earth, where he was under the direct tutelage of Hal Jordan, his sector partner. While Hal had experience in dealing with earth-shaking threats, Kyle had potential and obvious talent. Though Kyle was undoubtedly the younger and less experienced of the two, he was never truly considered Hal's sidekick.

While Hal was the Green Lantern of the Justice League, with Guy and John being in deep space, Kyle earned membership on the Teen Titans, where he served under Nightwing and later Arsenal. He developed friendships with other teenaged superheroes such as Wonder Girl and Superboy. His playful and somewhat facetious personality ensured that he got along well with many of the team's members. But he had to grow up sometime.

Years later, the Green Lantern Corps was faced with a threat of enormous proportions. They went to war with an opposing army of power ring-wielding killers, powered by intimidation, and led by Hal's arch-nemesis and former mentor Thaal Sinestro. Kyle, Kilowogg, and all the earth-lanterns were key players in the galactic conflict that was dubbed 'The Sinestro Corps War.' During those battles, it was proven that Kyle's constructs had become some of the most powerful in the GLC, rivaling those of Hal Jordan. Shortly after that, Kyle also helped the Corps deal with the rise of several other Corps, each representing a distinct emotion. Briefly, each of these Corps selected him as a member before they were removed from him by the Guardians of Oa. These ventures in deep space hardened Kyle a bit, even Batman could tell, so upon his return to Earth Kyle severed all ties to The Teen Titans. He primarily served as a representative of the GLC in Sector 2814 without membership on, or association with, any other teams until the day of the White Martian invasion.​
The Day of The Attack:
Initially he had been outside the atmosphere, until an alert from Hal informed him of the immediate need for his presence. At that point, he rushed back to Earth, seeking out his friends in an attempt to join an organized resistance. He used his ring to contact Nightwing, who was in Blüdhaven along several other Titans and a crew of Deathstroke's hired mercenaries who were working in conjunction to oust the invaders. Kyle nigh immediately joined the battle there, proving invaluable as he provided cover for the others and was quite powerful in his own right. He protected the united force from the skyline of invaders while also outfitting his allies with weaponry that didn't run out of ammo. However, he fell short at its end when a blast seemingly had ended the life of Dick Grayson. Using Grayson's apparent passing as a source of emotional leverage, Kyle unleashed his wrath with constructs that were enormously effective against the Martians.​
Since That Day:
Now aged 23, he has joined the Justice League as one of its youngest members. His joining was necessitated by the disappearance of Hal Jordan, the Justice League's previous Green Lantern. He has been keeping closer tabs on Earth and has been attempting to atone for Dick's death by devoting himself to his friends as much as he can.​
Character Aim:
I intend to write Kyle with a mixture of sarcasm, genuine concern, cautious optimism, and upbeat humor in spite of undesirable circumstances. Kyle Rayner is one of my favorite superheroes because no matter how dark times get, he always rises to the occasion with a smirk and a creative comment. I tried to streamline his origin to avoid using Emerald Dawn in the backstory, and also to avoid making him Ion. Some of the developments from Geoff Johns run on Green Lantern have been adopted as has a bit of New 52 lore. But I've also incorporated elements from a specific version of Kyle that I've enjoyed running multiple times. Overall, I want the way he behaves to be creative and fresh, like he actually is an artist with aspirations. Because of his intrinsic creativity, he will never simply use a fist as a construct, unless he's making fun of Hal, which he might. Growing up is a theme that may come up as I write this because he's going to behave somewhat immaturely at times and it is going to bring negative consequences.​

I'd totally be interested if you're willing to have me!

I should probably note that if anyone does wish to play as Babs, Tim, Jason or any of the other characters I may have mentioned in my backstory that I'd be happy to adapt anything I wrote if it contradicts an idea you wish to portray.

Also, Lord: I'm probably going to pick up Tim Drake as Robin, just a general heads up

I believe we are still accepting! There's only the four of us currently anyways.

@Sora1297 that's fine with me, just let me know if you need anything clarified from my CS or if something is in conflict with an idea of yours and we'll see if we can work something out.

Sorry about the absence everyone, things got a little hectic when I got back!

Anyway, yes, I'm still accepting. Though, if we don't get many more people, I'm more than fine running a smaller RP. I'd prefer a few interested people than a large group of fleeting individuals.

I"ll be reviewing characters today and throwing up my own so we can (hopefully) get this show on the road!

Agh, don't look at mine yet. I have to get home and finish the last part and add a pic. D8

Hey are you still expecting more heroes/heroines? If so would Raven Aurelia Roth be okay? She is from teen titans.

729212-610549_rave_super.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.