Iwaku Skype Gaming Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be pointed out that you really only need to post the skype info if you don't intend to send me a request directly.
Since the info posting is only to let me add you anyways. :P

But what has been happening is people posting it publicly AND send me a request themselves. XD

So, we just did an unofficial game of Town of Salem.
And I won, here is the winning strategy. :3

• Love
Reactions: King
I announced this in the Skype Group.
But I'm adding it here too, since with the nature of Instant Message rooms, this stuff tends to be buried fast.

Ok, I've decided against the "Remove unactive members to bring it to voice call levels" idea.

For one main reason, sure we might remove 4 unactive people at the get go and be at a usable 25. But sooner or later (most likely sooner seeing our rate of growth) more people will want in. Which will bump us up again, which will either mean:

a) Force us to continue to remove people.
b) Force us to start having requirements/try-outs to have people join.

Neither of which are good or healthy for a community to be having.
So I'm going to keep it to the plan of "Each game we make a smaller chat for those active that specific time". And if anyone here joins later than the start, all they need to do is post here asking to be added.

That, and I don't want to start becoming this chat's head/moral dictator over who is and isn't allowed in. I've seen that done else where, it just leads to a exclusionary and circle jerking culture.

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Ok, update on that above update.
Posting here also for the same reasons as before.

Since then @Comrade Zed highlighted that there was a CTRL+Select option to allow voice calls anyways in the main group.
We just still can only select up to 25 people with that, so thanks for that. :)

There won't be any need to be making smaller temporary Skype calls now.

Secondly, in further reflection to my "That, and I don't want to start becoming this chat's head/moral dictator over who is and isn't allowed in. I've seen that done else where, it just leads to a exclusionary and circle jerking culture" statement I decided it best to look up how to add more admins to the call, for instances where either I'm not around or simply so the chat isn't at risk of me having a bad day, making an oversight etc and having the whole community suffer for it.

So I went ahead and promoted 3 of the more active members to an Admin position: @Shadow @King & @Arcadia Lumina
If any of you don't want to just say so I'll remove it. But honestly the only time this has ever needed to be used so far was to add new people to the call so I don't think the admin position will be needed for much anyways.

Last edited:

Since then @Comrade Zed highlighted that there was a CTRL+Select option to allow voice calls anyways in the main group.

Secondly, in further reflection to my "That, and I don't want to start becoming this chat's head/moral dictator over who is and isn't allowed in. I've seen that done else where, it just leads to a exclusionary and circle jerking culture".
Statement I decided it best to look up how to add more admins to the call, for instances where either I'm not around or simply so the chat isn't at risk of me having a bad day, making an oversight etc and having the whole community suffer for it.

So I went ahead and promoted 3 of the more active members to an Admin position: @Shadow @King & @Arcadia Lumina
If any of you don't want to just say so I'll remove it. But honestly the only time this has ever needed to be used so far was to add new people to the call so I don't think the admin position will be needed for much anyways.
Yay! I look forward to helping you guys play some awesome games! Who knows, you guy may even get a Roll20 Campaign during the summer ;)

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum

Secondly, in further reflection to my "That, and I don't want to start becoming this chat's head/moral dictator over who is and isn't allowed in. I've seen that done else where, it just leads to a exclusionary and circle jerking culture" statement I decided it best to look up how to add more admins to the call, for instances where either I'm not around or simply so the chat isn't at risk of me having a bad day, making an oversight etc and having the whole community suffer for it.

20048442yu.gif

*Sits back confident in his choice in leadership*

Well don't I feel special.

That being said.

Abuse ALL the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.