Iwaku: Rebirth

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malik immediately laughed "Under most circumstances, the unconscious guy laying in the home owner's parlor would be the one answering questions. However," Malik gave his unknown guest a brief inspection, gauging his reaction to the present situation. "It seems the evidence before me has answered most of those for me, My name is Malik, and this is my Comrade in Arms Raum." Malik took his time in between explanation of the obvious questions. "You are standing in my humble abode, and this pathetic shithole of a world you landed on is called Iwaku."

Malik let that sink in a moment before heading to the couch and plopping down, and beckoning his guest do the same as the furniture's wooden frame groaned in protest to his weight. he kicked power armored feet up on the coffee table, which protested as well. within a moment one a cultist had brought Malik three glasses and a chilled bottle of amasec.

"Well, now it's my turn, Who are you and where are you from?" He asked, pouring himself a glass, and flipping on the recording of Tegan's address.

the mortal has balls Raum thought as the man leaped up into a combat posture, his weapons appearing in his fists.

The Nine foot Tall, one and a half power armored behemoth cackled as he lowered the massive Reaper Autocannon, setting it onto the ground and removing the ammunition hopper and dropping it onto the tiles, the ceramics breaking under the impact.
The Chaos Space Marine Waved a hand at Malik, the corrupted servitor stopping in its tracks

"Now now Plaguemarine, allow me to at least test the mortal's prowess before we offer him our best amasec" the Traitors voice was filled with malicious humour, and he beckoned the mortal forwards
"Come little one, test your skill against a veteran of ten thousand years of war, a blessed champion of the Dark Gods, let us see if you can best a Traitor Astartes" Raum cackled his challenge as he lurched at the little man, his fists flying forwards at superhuman speeds.

After fifteen minutes, when a thin sheen of sweat began to form on Raum's face, he stepped backwards, a dark grin splitting his cracked lips, his black eyes glinting with sinister glee
"You fight well, for a Mortal" RAum conceded, taking a glass of amasec from the servitors tray and offering it to the man.

All she had wanted to do was get home, hide away in the small corner of the world that was her's and her's alone... even if she was sure people were watching her there, as well. It was no small annoyance when the stranger called out to her, coming close enough to hold a conversation, though giving her enough space to stay respectful. She halted her walk, letting her eyes wander over him. He...didn't seem like he meant her harm. He didn't really look all that dangerous either.

Arms relaxed at her sides, the frown that had been pulling down on her face eased slightly, though the suspicion in her eyes never wavered.
"That's a rather bold question to ask of someone you've only just met." Her words sounded clipped, short and impatient. Mismatched eyes wandered over a weathered face, deciding that he'd been polite enough in his asking that the least she could do was think about it.

This was going to come back and bite her. She just knew it.

"Walk with me. We'll see what happens when we get there." The woman inclined her head, continuing on her walk, glancing over only once to check if the man would follow or not.

My eyes narrowed - things would go south really, really fast if they decided to be hostile. I knew the extent of my powers at the moment and if I had been at my prime I would have wiped the two of them off the face of the earth ... But I wasn't. I was diminished. For the millionth time I reminded myself that and I wondered if I had truly accepted that fact. I had to. And that was all that mattered for me. I didn't break my stance even when the one who had announced himself as Malik spoke, and had made no intention to attack me. He had even sat down - but there was still the other one. The gun that he had - I wasn't sure if I could warp away any ammunition from that. Not as easily as I could with bullets anyway, I'm sure.

When the other armoured individual put down his cannon, I too warped away my nunchuks. I was weakened, sure, but I was not yet without honour. If he put down his weapon and decided to fight with his bare fists, so shall I. Hearing the man's resume, I was impressed - though most people did exaggerate some details here and there. Add a zero, a few titles, bam. Enough to make any normal person quiver. Especially since fear cut deeper than swords.

Only that I wasn't any normal person.

With my face still expressionless, I faked the motion of stepping back before I dove forward, intending to get underneath his defences but found myself face to face with his lightning fast fists. Although I was not as strong, I was perhaps equal to him in speed, or perhaps even slower but I managed to hold my ground with my own training as a martial artist.

We danced back and forth across the small piece of ground, choosing to use his size against him by regularly using his flying fists or legs as stepping stones but neither of us managed to deal a deciding blow upon one another. I had to admit, this man was skilled and he was holding back - though in a way I was, too, for I had just been yanked out of reality and space and time.

Two glancing blows and a dozen close shaves later, he stopped and so did I. My chest rose and fell with the exertion of the fight, an equally thin film of sweat covering my naked torso. I took the glass from him and nodded my thanks, gratefully taking a sip of the liquid. I was quite sure that there was no poison inside. After all, if he had intended to kill me he would have done so already, especially since I was outnumbered two to one at the very least, not counting the cultists they had that served them throughout the house.

"My name is XC," I spoke, allowing it to sink in first and also took some more time to recover my breath that way. "I am not of this realm; I come from another, a dying one called Habbo." When I was done answering Malik, I turned towards Raum, intending to return the same flaunting of feats as he had done so.

"Perhaps I am mortal now, but I have not always been. The opening of portals between this reality and another has diminished me; but before this I was a godling in stature. I have faced down gods and demons and their like, torn the wings off angels and spit in the faces of monsters. Armies bowed before my radiance and none could stand against my blade. But of course, like I have mentioned before, I am no longer what I was. And here I thank the both of you for accepting me as your guest, playing host to the Realm Drifter."

With that small speech I had established a few points; I had stated that I was their guest, and in that manner invoked their protection at the cost of their honour. Judging from how Raum had spoken, I believed that he was definitely one in line with tradition and moreso with honour. Perhaps. Some cults saw honour in a different light, but that was worth a try. Also, with the usage of the term "Realm Drifter" I had hinted that this was not my first time in Iwaku.

"The world now feels different. What has happened?"

As the mortal, who named himself as XC spoke, Raum threw back the amasec in a single swallow, the soft burn of the heavy spirit giving a slight burn at the back of his genetically enhanced throat, the implanted organs there detecting all the separate elements of the liquids distillation and history.

"Well met Mortal, I am Raum, and Malikarys here and I are from another realm as well, as are many of this worlds inhabitants, though you are one of the first to show any sort of promise" he said, placing the empty glass back on the serving tray
"as to your question, this realm is plagued with weakness, a sickness that must be purged with fire, death and pain, something we pair are well versed in dealing out, you say you were once godlike, and that is good, for a third demigod will hasten the process, and I assure you, the power to be gained from this, the reward will be great" as he spoke Raum retreived the Reaper and ammunition hopper and moved to the only grease stained bench in the otherwise pristine room, allowing a repair servitor to enter the room an deal with the detritus of XC's testing.

As he disassembled the Reaper and ammunition system, cleaning, oiling and repairing damage with the precision and skill of the obsessed, he felt obliged to inform XC of a possible misconception
"bear in mind however, that we forsook traditional notions of honor and guest right long ago, when we forsook our vows to the corpse emperor and his weakling Imperium, I offer you a place at our side astride the 'purification' of this world as reward for your skill as a warrior, but make no mistake, our enemies die, be their death slow an agonizing or instant, with all the care one gives to swatting an insect, death is the reward of the weak" Raum spoke with blunt honesty, leaving subtlety and tact to Malik, it wa one of the reasons most though the plaguemarine the leader of the rebellion, though in truth both bore the responsibility equally.
So long as the world burned around him, Raum couldn't care less for the details, he would leave his mark in history in the mutilated corpses left in his wake.

"If you want some more specifics, we have a vid-recording here of an 'announcement' comeing from this worlds 'Leadership'" The venom i Malik's voice was almost palpable.

"Everyone…. I would like to thank you for being such wonderful citizens! We are super-duperly proud to announce that tonight, at ten, if you turn on channel 34, you can listen to an empowering address from my secretary, Tegan- addressing the concerns that some citizens might be having for reported recent problems, such as spikes in crime rates, and the new management for Coding Co. (Where you become part of the society, and help us make this city better, sooner) as well as an interview with one of the Co-founders of Project Angel Wing! For the next few weeks, there will be a curfew enacted, everyone needs to be home at nine PM! Have a nice day!"

"I'm not sure who this 'Sakura' Person is, but they're clearly a puppet or a figurehead. The vid is spliced, It's excellent work, but I am Chaos Astartes." Malik explained, and pointed out the splice points with ease. "However, she may be valuable in bringing this pisshole to heel should she be freed."

"Citizens of Iwaku, these times have been hard, we have heard your cries and we are working to change things for the better." Scripted, the words seemed scripted, and for a moment, it seemed even this strong woman has been overtaken.

"Seems like the standard scripted Groxshite."

"These sheets of paper, truly don't convey what needs to be said, do they?" She asked abruptly with a mischievous quirk to her mouth. The white noise of reporters seemed to grow louder for a moment, and she waited for them to quiet.

Malik only snorted with contempt at this.

"You suffer, they know this, but in reality- they do nothing about it. They work on a project to fix things in time, while trying to halt the cycle. They're trying to pry the seams of the cycle apart, while trying to form it to the designs they want- and they're using every last one of us to do so. Project Angel Wing is a way that we're fighting back- trying to jolt the system back to life. We need your help, ladies and gentlemen. We're trying to help you ascend to the next place in the cycle... the person you will be- and keep you here for now until we can move this place forward. This world's on lock-down, they've managed to infect the cycle... We don't know how they did it, but we're trying to fix it. Get to-"

"Now that was interesting....Raum, what's your take on this?" Said Malik intrigued.

I awake with a jolt nearly falling out of the cot its covered in sweat and my skull feels like someone is taking a power drill to my temple, the pain is unbearable and only gets worse with each passing second. Proping myslef against the wall I make my way to the sink and lay my head under the faucet and turn the cold water on, it helps a little numbing the pain just enough for me to think straight. I wondered what the time was and looked around for a clock, there was one on the far, I had only slept about half way through the night and had no intentions of going back to sleep while my memories were a jumbled mess. Fed up I left the room and headed for the front door, I didn't care about the scanners waiting outside I wasn't waiting any longer to go home. If I get arrested then so be it at this point anything was better than staying at Angle Wing and being plugged in for another mirgrain inducing session like this mornings.

[DASH=white]

You could almost imagine, the ways that all of this was going to follow some unknown plan.

The address from Sakura and Tegan, and perhaps the seeds of doubt and confusion that they had planted.

It had led to one very small domino to fall, and the chain of events to follow would be swift. Eventually everything would come together, nice and tidy, but for now....[/DASH]

1906631031_8227253a74_o-1.jpg

"No time to explain, let me in- please." I muttered to Kate as I wormed my way in through the doorway and shut the front door on my way.

"You haven't been on the Angel Wing Project yet, have you?" I asked quickly, there was a jumpiness to my voice- an edge that I didn't understand. Before she could even answer me, I could tell by the look on her face... no, she hadn't. "They've been messing with my head... Tegan's address, it made me think... we need to break in, they're always there, I think the employees live there... no matter, we need to go.. do you have any weapons, guns, knives, anything?" I rambled off, looking through her house, only to find a heavy-looking frying pan, I thrust it into her free hand, dragging her through the house- looking, for something, I don't know what. "This works, right? It's heavy enough, and you need to defend yourself somehow, right? We need to go- You are going with me, right? Of course you are, I need someone to help me with this, you're the only person I could think of." I continued, then whirled around to face her- seeing my reflection in her eyes. I looked insane, probably was.

I can't really say that I care if I look crazy or not at this point.

"I need answers, we need answers- maybe not you, but maybe you could learn something from this- right?" My voice ratcheted up a notch- my ports itched in an odd way, tingled.... my head hurt... I was not in my best frame of mind, but I couldn't stop now.

I looked over at her- yeah, we didn't really know each other that well, but I had no one else to go to. She looked like the right kinda person to do this with, she just needed a bit of a push... ok, maybe a bit of a push and some kind of plan... I really should talk my shit out, try and help he understand. That would help, right?

"They've been really messing with my head... I keep seeing things, feeling things... Memories, but... I think they're affecting us in other ways too. I keep feeling like something's wrong... I keep seeing... myself in the mirror, only it isn't me! It's different, she's different, but they say it's a memory... I don't think it is, you believe me right? Kate?" I prattle off, sizing up her frying pan, and then go back to looking through her kitchen. "You.... like cooking I guess?" I offered, and then went back on the tirade.

"We need to break in there, and we need to do it now, while no one can be on the streets. It's perfect, see?" I added, looking around before I grabbed a small paring knife.

"So... are you coming with, or can I just take your knife with me? I mean, if you stay, it's ok, because then I know someone can take care of my little guys- they're sleeping now- I know that the city would probably just assign someone else if something happens to me. I don't really like kids, you know, I think it's their way of trying to keep me too bogged down to snoop, you know?" I looked to Kate. "Please come with." I added, as an afterthought with a bit of a pleading tone.

Chronos, would hear distinctive voices. The employees were rustling around their files, and talking loudly, seeming to be a little distressed. A one-sided conversation seemed to be happening nearby- leading to the person to have to continually tell the person on the other line that "no, their intent is no different from yours, we aren't sure what Tegan meant" as well as continual pleadings to keep funding the project.
Others seemed to be leaving, quickly as they could. They passed him by without any thought, jumbled piles of files and loose sheets of papers clutched to their chests as they ran.
He would soon be alone in the doorway of the eerily silent building. Whether he chose to walk or stay would impinge on the next set of events.

[DASH=white]The solitary container within Malik and Raum's clutches lay forgotten and unattended, though it would be noticed in a few moments, a series of noises started to issue forth from the tub, and various parts started to light up, frantically blinking. Whirring noises came from the top of the tube and then the noise shifted to a bubbling one, like water draining from a sink or tub. The tube had appeared to be filled with a cyan-colored fluid that started to bubble away, and a hand pressed itself to the glass softly. Another hand, barely closed, began to gently beat at the glass, the occupant seemed groggy- weakly struggling to escape from the enclosure.
The level of the liquid kept dropping, and eventually, a man's face peered out, mouth and nose covered by a breathing mask, which he seemed to set about trying to get off.
A small screeching sound started, lights flashing again. A small display near the bottom of the tube marked the progress of the liquid, showing it to be 51% empty, and 30% through the process, whatever that might be.
The lights suddenly cut out, and the rest of the liquid sunk through what appeared to be grates in the bottom of the tube, though it wasn't leaking out the bottom of the tube, and the bottom of the tube wasn't big enough to contain all that liquid- puzzling. The man was left, naked and shivering, crumpled in the bottom of the tube, his mask half-dangling from one ear.
Long hair and scraggily facial hair obscured his face- as though he had been without a trim in years- yet intelligent and wary eyes peered around as he slowly pushed himself to his feet, the process was at 70% now, and more mechanical sounds started up again, a gas seemed to start coming out of the top- a smoky-grey color, whirling around him as he struggled to put the mask back on- only for it to fall from his fingers and clatter to the floor of the tube, he started to pick it up, only to sprawl out on the ground, groggily falling back asleep as the display read: "Intubation 10%, Process 85%". Two mechanical arms descended from above the man, taking hold of his upper body and pulling him up, while another pair of smaller, more spindly arms came down, one holding a small tube as the other worked on forcing the man's mouth open, and holding it open for the arm with the tube to start feeding it down the man's throat- it retreated up again, only to bring down a mask-like fitting over his mouth and nose, only this one seemed a bit more drastic.
The arms retreated again, and everything stopped, leaving only display backlit with an eerie blue glow.
"Process 100%, Alerting 15%"[/DASH]

The officials that tended to Sakura soon noticed that there was an alert going through their grid- their third project had just finished setting itself up and was now giving them a beacon to follow- to lead them to it so that they could receive the man into their grasp and get to work on making him presentable. The only problem was, the device wasn't where they left it.
They sent out two representatives, accompanied by two guards to follow up and find their precious project.

After ten to twenty minutes, I had made up my mind, and Kate's. She was coming with me, as a "sidekick".
I wrapped the blade of the paring knife in a small cloth I found and tucked it into my back pocket, while for Kate, I rummaged through her clothes (I'd apologize for the intrusion later, if I remembered) and tossed her a heavy coat to wear and hide her frying pan in.
I dragged her along after me as I walked to Angel Wing, only to spot many of the assistants and employees all but running from the place. They paid no one any heed as they got into their cars and drove off. I suppose the rulers of this place didn't like that Tegan had implicated them as some kind of help to a resistance of sorts.
On our way, we spotted a man, who looked ragged and disheveled talking to a woman. It occurred to me that a lot of people were walking around during curfew hours, but I waved to them without a second thought, "Hey, could I get some help?" I called out, gesturing for them to come closer.
Maybe they could help us…
This would be easier with more people probably.

[DASH=white]
Hae Ra was contacted, not by her odd employeer. It was a simple text, only, the sender's contact information was nowhere to be seen.

"Come to Angel Wing tonight, and we'll give you quite a show."

The text seemed to have deleted itself as soon as she clicked out of it.

Another choice that would lead to different roads.
[/DASH]

Unnoticed by the constant flow of attendants, a cloaked figure knelt down near Sakura.

"Hi there." A friendly whisper cooed into her ear.

Within the next three minutes, the leader of Iwaku City was stolen away from her attendants.

With Malik, Raum, and XC still within peripheral view of the screen with Tegan's face on pause in the ending of the recording suddenly cut away to coordinates along with a simple line of text.
"I have need of your services, and I have a present for you- come to this little house, try to stay unnoticed."

The sound immediately got Malik's attention, enough that he lept to the pod having only seen the message across the television from the corner of his eye. he'd address that later, first was the matter of this pod, from the moment it was twenty five percent complete Malik was before it. The laboratory auspex from their weapons maintenance bench in hand, it's scans revealed the hidden transmitter by the time re-animation was at seventy five percent. the moment the mask attempted to clamp over his face, Malik crushed it, but not before some of the drugs made it into the newly revived man's system.

Now that the pod was opened, Malik could work to silence the tracer. First he lowered the Pod's captive to the ground, then he snatched a combi-tool and set about tearing the pod open. The sedative gas leaked from the broken arm that remained, but Malik didn't particularly notice,.

At twenty five percent, Malik had cleared the plating

At thirty two percent, Malik had access to the wiring

At forty percent, he'd severed the first set of wires and drastically slowed the machine's upload timer

At fifty seven percent Malik had removed the tracking device entirely, dumped it in the sink and dropped several batteries in it, the sheer electrical flux on now un-shielded circuitry, caused the machine to short out.

Malik finally spoke, after he was sure the machine was disabled.

"Raum, looks like we won't be using this safe house again for a while. Let's gather our supplies and head for the coordinates on the screen, XC you're free to join us or leave, I don't particularly care which you choose." the whole time Malik was gathering ammunition, and roaring obscenities to slave and servitor alike, though only the former showed any sign of a reaction to his anger.
"We leave in fifteen, and we'll take the rhino. the trucks will load everything here up."

The reaper was halfway reassembled when the chaos marine heard Nalik scramble for the television, he grinned as he increased his pace from leisurely to as fast as his enhanced frame would allow.
Three minutes later the reaper autocannon was ready to fire and the hopper, full once more, was already placed in the rhino. As Raum gathered two massive steel cases, he indicated for XC to get in the large adamantium box that was the Rhino APC.
"the time has come to leave mortal, unless you'd care to see the gift I leave for our enemies firsthand" he growled.

The figure from the lone tube staggered up to a knee and surveyed his surroundings. Finally able to breathe properly he grumbled to himself, "Goddammit...I hate technology," it had been a long time since the figure was last on Iwaku. Since the Admin War to be more precise. Ever since the conclusion of it his contract to the Cycle had kicked in completely and the Cycle had plucked him out of the everyday workings of Iwaku until he would be needed again. Looking around the figure was both amazed and frustrated with all the technology around him. Coming from an age where magic had been the supreme force in the world this would prove to be very frustrating for him, "Good god...how long has it been...?"

Finally managing to stand the figure gave a quick test of his abilities. A snap of his fingers and he felt his usual attire materialize on his body, "Okay...reality bending seems to be working..." taking a deep breath a quick burst of magic to the legs allowed him to leap across the room with little effort., "Soul arts feeling good...and finally, magic in general..." he finally went through a quick check of everything else, "Magic reduced to base elements...tracing gone...reality marble gone...Ha...No wonder reality bending and soul arts feel better," restoring his magic to the refined energy he used before would come with time, but he could still managed to create shields. And then it came time for the final test. Holding out his open hand, palm to the ground, came a commanding voice, "...Ragnarok...!"

In a brilliant light the sword appeared in his hand, the ornate blue and gold hilt ever so familiar in his hand. As the blade glowed in his hand a small smile crept across the man's face. His sword and no one else's. The blade created when he combined the Banishing Blade with his old sword as he made his contract to the Cycle. It somehow comforted him in this hour of uncertainty. Dismissing the sword the man looked to the exit of the room. Finally capable of regular movement, looked to the door, "Let's see what exactly has changed..."

When he turned to exit, he came to notice that he was not alone in the room. One was frantically working at the plating and wires of the room, "Hey. The hell are you doing...?" for the stranger to not even regard him means he must have been frantic. The other man was particularly large. Strangers to him, therefore they had come to Iwaku following the end of the Admin War. Unsure of the men a small light formed in the figure's hand, ready to summon the golden sword to his side again, "Come to think of it, who are you two? What's going on?" the man's look was an intense gaze focused on the two strangers.

For the first time in ages Chaos had returned to Iwaku.

"Not much Time to explain, so I'll be brief." Malik responded as he dumped the tracking device in the sink, "My name is Malik, the Astartes over there is Raum, and the one other human is XC. I broke you out of a Cryo prison Chaos, and yes, I know enough of who you are to risk it" Malik's cloak billowed behind him as he worked, loading supplies into the rhino faster than the servitors. "However complications arose when your pod opened, namely a tracking device. Which is why we're evacuating."

After the Rhino was packed Malik approached the roiling pool up non-euclidian matter that was this house's warp portal. "Raum, I think it's time we called in an associate"

Raum agreed, already knowing who Malik was thinking of

in a Flash Malik had decapitated one of the slaves, though he held no blade, and held it into the warp portal, sinking his arm in to the vambrace.

"Vay, Kroot-born sorcerer, I call upon your aid to bring this world to heel."

For this ritual, Malik had to reveal his face, his true face. when his horned helmet struck the ground, the otherwise regal looking man's face started to dissolve. Skin retreated and revealing the Illogical machine that was Malik's face. Two glowing orbs of green the shade of envy rested in his skull, his musculature replaced with clear of cankerous pus, all maintained by a swarm of miniature insects.

"What say you Kroot, will you indulge in your god's lust?"

I watched on as the TV screen displayed the rather disturbing messages. It wasn't the content that was disturbing but instead it was the entire feel of it. I had a feeling it had been heavily edited, and my hunch was confirmed when the two space marines conversed with each other. I took a daring sip from the drink they had offered me and found it surprisingly refreshing. When I had finished my first one a slave had been by my side immediately with a refill, offering me another. I took it gladly and nodded my thanks but the slave had merely backed away.

"I have no wish to dwell in such alien surroundings any longer," I told Malik, nodding when he offered to bring me along to wherever they were going. My eyes were immediately drawn towards the cryofreeze tube when it had begun to activate but I stayed aside because I knew that there was little I could help with, especially since I knew next to nothing about the technology of this world. The person that had stepped out of the tube ... I knew that there was power there. Perhaps we had gained another useful ally in whatever cause we were rallying to in this world. I was impressed at the way he materialised his attire, the way he used his powers so casually - and most of all the sword.

With a subtle flick of my wrist my nunchakus also materialised, and I kept them loose at my side in case this man turned out to be hostile. But when Malik appeared to trust him I relaxed more, though I didn't do away with my weapons.

I got into the vehicle when Raum had directed me towards it, but kept my head out as I watched what Malik continued to do. I grimaced when he decapacitated that slave so callously - I wasn't a stranger to violence, in fact I've walked through seas of blood and gore but I guess the creepy, icy feeling down your spine when someone is so casually killed never leaves you. He appears to be calling out to something - and the slave had been the flesh sacrifice.

"Where are we going to now?"

The halls began to surge with life lab coats running every which way juggling stacks of files towering over them, in the room next to I could here a man argueing over the phone. The refrence to Tegans' announcement caught me by surprise, I never did get the chance to see it I was still in one of the exam rooms at the time. Soon after the man ran off in a hurry he had a some what horrified look about him, things were definitely getting intresting now the only question was did I want to stay and investigate or go home and lay in my own bed and relax the rest of the night.

Both seemed great in my opinion but my curiousity won over my need for sleep, peeking through the door I made sure no one else was left in the room. When I felt that it was safe I snuck locking the door behind just to be safe, there wasn't much a few scattered papers here and a few computers. I went over to one of the terminals hoping they had left it logged on no such luck I went over to the others hopefully they would be logged on. "Come on come on"

"Always."

The swirling mass of the imaterium pulsed and sent out tendrils to lash against nearby objects. He had been waiting. Vay, once a filthy alien had been smiled upon by the true gods and now it was time for him to take another step on the road to proving himself worthy of their benefaction.

He stepped out the feet step inaudible over the sucking of the vortex and the leg was quickly joined by another, the shadow cast by the sorcerer's hood letting only a smile be visible as he gazed upon Malik and then reached up, to lower his hood and took in the scene.

"This is a lot less organized than I was expecting. Going somewhere?" it was an observation, not a question. "Malik is has been a long time but evidently we don't have time to catch up. Shall I seal the portal?" Not that that would untaint the land he had now entered. For here in this room the veil would always be fragile and it would be child's play for a sorcerer to tear it anew.

I turned as the woman called out. "Help you?" I asked, not moving away from Lulu so as not to be rude. "This late, and with the curfew up, that can only mean some sort of trouble."

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of it really. "I suppose I could, I'd just rather know what kind of trouble I'm getting myself into."

[dash=teal]Well, this all was happening quite quickly, and I was certainly seeing a new side of TK that I wasn't aware of. It didn't take her too long to make up both her mind and mine in this strange situation. Though, truth be told, I was going to come with her regardless. A chance to sneak into the Angel Project and find out what exactly it was all about, and mess with things? How could I say no? When she mentioned cooking after picking up my fryingpan I only smiled, "Well, I do have a thing for cooking. It just seems--natural to me." I let out a tired yawn as she scrambled about rambling about this and that. She finally took hold of a kitchen knife and claimed her 'ownership' for the time being over it. I gave an indifferent shrug. She continued to go on like this for a good 20 minutes or so while I humored her. Maybe she was just cracking under the stress of everything finally? It wasn't as if life was what any of us really wanted.

Then she handed me a coat and the fryingpan. Her mind was made up, and apparently so was mine. Raising a brow I put the coat on, not bothering to change out of my nightgown. Taking hold of the fryingpan, I tossed it around from hand to hand a moment. Something about holding it and thinking of it as a weapon seemed almost--dare I say--natural. No sooner had I put the pan away in my belongings and closed the coat than TK was heading out the door with me following quickly behind her. Locking up my place behind me, I hurried to keep up with her fast pace.

We were well on our way when she called out to some other people. Well, this was going to be some adventure, that was for sure.
[/dash]

Raum regarded XC with a malicious humor, his split, cracked lips twisting into a grin as he placed the horned, ornate MKVIII helmet over his hea with a pnumatic pressurized hiss
"we go to hell, to glory, finally, after years of waiting, hiding in shadows and striking from darkness, now the time has come for war" the Chaos space marines voice was triumphant, Malik and Raum had waited for this day for years, countless hours of preparation and subtle machinations all lead to what came next, excepting this sudden 'invitation' from an unknown source, which Raum presumed was a trap of some kind, everything was falling into place, the time of skulking would end with this old safehouse, and from those flames the two chaos marines and their band of warriors, miscreants, revolutionaries and cultists and Raum figured XC and Chaos, would stride ready to pass judgement on the weak and the undeserving.

149557_159586420751678_2027820_n-1.jpg

The thought of those eyes staring into mine as I had looked into the mirror had driven me...

Maybe other people that were involved had their own experiences that might drive them. I looked at the man and the girl beside him... they looked good for what I needed.

"I'm breaking into the Angel Wing Project building... I have questions that need to be answered- and I doubt they'll be forthcoming about it. They've been tampering with my head... I kinda want to know why they're doing it... and how... and... what it's doing to me..." I spoke quickly. Either come with us, or don't- it's your choice, but we need to get going." I added, grabbing Kate by the hand, dragging her along. Guns.... I was stopped by the thought of guns... I looked down, only seeing the knife I had in my right hand, and the other held Kate's.

My head was throbbing again. Duel-wielding 9mm pistols... I was starting to see a picture in my mind, but it was only playing out like a jigsaw puzzle.

"See you there if you come!" I shouted back at the two on the road before starting into a jog, gripping onto Kate's hand. "I promise, if we get into trouble, I'll take the fall, Kate... I just... I need this..." I explained as we came upon the building- seemingly lifeless.... empty... It was odd. I guided Kate in before looking up at the security camera, frowning. That.... wasn't good.

It wasn't on.

The usual blinking red light wasn't on the left side of the lens. Odd. Everything else was on, it seemed.

About to stride into the usual room where my head got peered into, I noticed a person there. That... wasn't unexpected, though he didn't seem like an employee...

I hid the knife in my pocket, and walked in slowly. "Hey," I spoke- he was at a terminal, trying to get on it seemed.

If they weren't on... oh boy... this would get a lot more complicated.

I spotted one that was, though, across from where the man was. "There's one online over there." I spoke, then looked to Kate, giving a bit of a thumbs up. Still, no employee was here, which truly worried me. Why would they leave-

And that's when it happened. A red screen started popping up on all the terminal computers, and then seemed to dissolve away slowly, and with that done, all were logged in and on...

I wasn't going to lie, this was getting a little out of hand.

One screen had a message on it. One simple message.

"Look for the answers."

All of the screens started to change, a spreadsheet appeared- a big one.

Names... numbers... prices... attributes and placement.

And next to that was another spreadsheet, with another list of names, but nothing else.

I found my name... the price was two coins.... all the numbers were low, though.... Attributes weren't... right though... and the placement was wrong as well.

Ok, so we had that... I printed the damned spreadsheets and tucked them into my jacket before looking onto another computer, looking on how to start the damned machine. Finally I found the program- under the name "Ether.awp"

Seemed pretty damned easy and I looked for how to work it. "Kate, I need you to start this when I get this all logged, seems easy enough." I beckoned before choosing my name from a drop box, which seemed to fill out almost every other box of information needed- except for one- the verification code.

Verification code?

I quickly looked around, and there was an employee's lanyard with an ID card dangling from it like some damned gift, right next to that computer that had the spreadsheets.

8H23J4 9R0PC25 11N

Wonderful.

I logged it in, and it instructed for the ports to be locked in with the tubes- on it. I pressed the button I saw them press every day to make them drop from the ceiling, the number I needed. I locked them in, and got the damned headgear. I clicked for the tubes to fill, and another for the program to run- it wouldn't until the "patient was lying down, for safety measures" I was right, I was right to bring someone along.

"Kate, I need you to click that button there for the program to run." I spoke as I laid down, as soon as I did, the damn restraints were locked on. Fun.

I needed to find out who's been looking in on me...

"Kate, if those two others come in here, tell them to look at that spreadsheet- you too... I think it was left there for a reason... And make sure to look for any names that stick out."

That was no small feat... most of the names were unknown to me.... hopefully someone recognized a couple.

563048_322454234517479_1260202996_n_zps762aa224.jpg

When Sakura would come to, a woman with what appeared to be a painted or tattooed face stood near her, checking the IV that was running into her arm.

"We've been waiting for you to wake... this is just saline to flush out the drugs from your system, miss." She spoke, though her voice seemed electronically altered, her mouth didn't quiet sync up to the words she spoke. The feather collar she wore dropped one tiny feather onto the pillow that Sakura's head rested on. "We're associates of the Angel Wing Project... or you could say, we're the creators of it.... You're safe here. We're merely waiting for one person to get here." She continued, and it seemed something went haywire in her system, because all that came out next was a dial tone.

"I apologize, my programs are incomplete." She spoke after the sound had stopped. She checked Sakura's blood pressure and her temperature before taking a syringe and drawing a small amount of blood. "We need to check if there is anything else in your system... I will return shortly." The woman spoke and walked away with the blood, and as she did, the feather on that pillow seemed to collapse into a pile of black powder.

The woman returned quickly, carrying a small tray of food and a teapot- with a teacup balanced on top, she set the tray on a nearby table and filled the teacup, with what smelled like a strong oolong tea. "I have brou-ou-ough-ought" Her speech was interrupted by more dial tone. She seemed embarrassed and then shook her head and tried again. "I have brought some tea and some soup for you." She spoke and brushed away the powder from Sakura's pillow. "My name is Gaia, if you need anything else, press the button on the table right there, and I will come right away." She spoke and then walked off, leaving Sakura with food, drink and her thoughts.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard someone behind me, when I turned around to my relief it wasn't an employee but two women. The one who addressed me seemed a bit on edge though, I looked over to the monitor she'd pointed out. I was about to go check it out but before I could the screen was covered in red "wholly--" soon all the other terminals were doing the same blotted out by a wierd red light before fading away leaving behind some spread sheet. On it was a lists of names including mine to the side of the names were several catagories based on the person's overall value in the Angel Project. My scores unsurprisingly were very low, I printed off a copy of my own and began skimming through the names some I recognized from work and bumping into around the facility.

I was so absorbed in the moment that I failed to notice the woman as she hooked herself into the machine, "are you nuts what if something goes wrong, I don't know how to stop this thing and I doubt she does either.....no offense." I said looking over to the other stranger she held a large iron skillet in one of her hands, had she been planning on fighting the guards with that thing? Never mind that the chick hooking herself into the machine seemed even crazier. "On top of that there's no one here who could help even if something did go wrong all of the employees ran out of here like there was a fire or something."

Status
Not open for further replies.