It's All About Show Biz (Me and Yata Misaki)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaki laughed a bit. "Well said..."

He listened to Daniel's opinion about the song and its somewhat darkness. "Its a good song, none of the less. Definitely." He replied, smiling. "Maybe one day I'll compose my own songs!"

Yaki then nodded, and listened to Daniel's beat as Yaki tried to put the lyrics in that rhythm. After Daniel got quieter and finally stopped, Yaki took a deep breath, and began to sing the first two verses of the song.

"Counting the number of your shattered memories, as you recall them, what will you be singing?

Once again I am drawing a fairy land, in which you will slowly become lost... Ah..."

Just as Yaki was about to continue, his phone began to ring in his pocket. He jumped a little, then got his phone out of his pocket and gave Daniel an embarrassed smile.

"Um... It's my cousin... I really need to get this or else she'll be angry... It'll only take me a minute!" He pleaded, then quickly answered his phone.

"Hello? .... Hey Mysteria... Yeah, I know, I'm sorry! I told you that I was moving into my apartment alrea- .... Yeah, yeah, I remember, you told me that-.... No, I know that I have to be there but...!" Yaki let out a loud sigh. "Yeah, of course. You told me that lots of times. I'll see you at the game, don't worry.. What am I doing? Well, I'm in training... I told you already.. Uh, yeah? What'd you think?? ....Yeah, okay. See ya."

Yaki hung up, and looked at Daniel. "Its my cousin Mysteria... Um... How should I put this?" He thought for a moment and shrugged. "Basically, she's a famous baseball player for the Canava Pandas.. She wants me to attend her game really badly.. Heh.." He explained, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I'm still going to training, but I do have to worry about the game and such.."

Daniel nodded slightly as Yaki sang the lyrics, as a way to show Yaki that he was in tempo and a bit better at keeping a beat already. Just then, Daniel heard a ringtone blasting into the auditorium. It was Yaki's phone. Are you kidding me?

"Hurry," Daniel facepalmed, visibly annoyed. And I forgot to tell him not to bring his phone to training, Daniel thought, not caring about the mumbo-jumbo that Yaki was spouting out to his phone.

"Your cousin...in a baseball game? And she wants you to attend?" Daniel replied as he learned about Yaki's conversation, before letting out a huge sigh. "Well we're nearing to the end of your training anyway. Give me your email so I can send you the lyrics. Your first piece of homework is to memorise all the lyrics and practice singing it in a consistent tempo. We got that?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How was it this time, Dan?" Simon popped out of nowhere again to greet Daniel. "He's doing okay?"
"Yeah, but I had to end it early coz his cousin has a baseball game or some sort," Daniel rolled his eyes as he walked down the stairs. "Doing okay for a first-timer though."
"Wanna grab something to eat before you record your new single?" Simon offered out of a kind gesture.
"Ehh the trainee told me about the bakery down a few blocks, let's get some food there." Daniel accepted, remembering Yaki's recommendation.

Yaki sighed. "I'm sorry about that, I promise it won't happen again!" He declared, raising his right hand.

When asked, Yaki gave him his email, and nodded at his first homework. "Yes, of course. I'll work on it the first moment I can!" He said, before jumping off the stage, balancing himself a bit as he stood up straight.

"I'll see you tomorrow Daniel!" He called out as he ran out, putting on his backpack.

---------------------------------------------------------

After the baseball game, Mysteria and Yaki were sitting in the front seats of the giant baseball stadium. Yaki was looking at the email through his phone, silently mouthing the lyrics as Mysteria sat next to him with her feet propped up, still wearing her dirty baseball uniform. She was chewing on bubblegum, throwing and catching the baseball that they had used in the game.

"Great game, huh?" Mysteria asked after a while, catching the ball and glanced over at him. "We won, though it was a very close call..."

Yaki smirked. "If they didn't had you on the team, they would've been creamed.." He commented before going back to memorizing and practicing the song.

"Hey, I work as a team! ....Though you are right, not to brag.." The bright green haired girl replied, blowing a bubble and lets it pop.

"Anyway, I'm sorry about earlier. I really wanted you to come." Mysteria said, now sitting up and looking at Yaki.

Yaki shook his head. "Nah, its not a problem. Just don't do something like that again, you'll ruin me." He joked.

Mysteria laughed. "Alright, alright. I'll try. How's it going in training anyways?"

"Its going great. Daniel is a really good teacher. I just hope I don't mess up.."

"I think you'll do fine! Just keep your head in the game and things will come naturally. Maybe one day you can sing the national anthem for one of my games!" Mysteria mused, beginning to throw her ball again.

"Let's hope I can get that far then.."

"Yaki, stop being a weenie and just go for it!"

"Hey!" The two teens laughed.

"We should go back in, I think the locker rooms should be good now. Wait for me in the Stylo."

"Hey this crepe is actually really good, although the cream is a bit too much." Daniel commented at he took a couple bites of the strawberry-cream crepe that he bought from the bakery.
"Been a while since I had something this sweet though," Simon added as he munched on his own muffin. "You want me to go over your schedule for the rest of day?"
"Continue..." Daniel signalled.

Simon then pulled out his notebook from his bag and opened up to the correct page. "Obviously, you know you have to go to the studio today, but afterwards, you have a modelling gig."
"Sweet," Daniel replied again, finishing the last bite of his crepe. "No pun intended."

Simon laughed quietly. "You finished? Let's go."

They walked out, ignoring the camera flashes that followed them and the squealing that came from his fans. "They just never stop don't they?" Daniel said.
"Oh well..." Simon smiled back and opened the car door for Daniel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Daniel arrived back at the studio, he immediately went back to work. As soon as he received the signal that it was recording, he started.

You were there
I still remember that
Someday I wish to become an intensely shining star

From beyond Orion
You're looking for something
When you find Sirius
That's where I'll be
Definitely

To make sure it reaches you
I spangled the sky with stars
They shine upon the world of tomorrow
I want to be by your side
To protect you for eternity,
I embraced a dream, but it won't reach you

From beyond Orion
When you find Sirius
That's where I'll be
Definitely

From beyond Orion
When you find Sirius
That's where I'll be
Definitely

To protect you,
I embraced a dream that won't reach you

Yaki huffed as Mysteria finally got inside the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro, after a seemingly long time. The young athelete was now wearing an old black jersey and some black training pants, which looked much more comfortable than what she had on before.

"What took you so long??" He asked, a bit frustrated because of the heat.

Mysteria waved him off. "Fans, you know how it is. I got here sooner, so don't complain." She started up the car, quickly trying to get out of the parking lot before anyone could see them.

"Right. So, my place then?" Yaki assumed, laying back.

"Probably. I'm kinda hungry and I have to go to training in two hours, so I'd have to drive back.."

"That's fine, I can make dinner..."

----------------------------------------------------------

After making dinner and trying to entertain Mysteria for a bit, the girl had to leave and Yaki was left alone in his apartment.

He went to his room and took out his computer, looking up the song that he was told to learn and practice. Once he pulled the song up, he looked over the lyrics on his phone one last time to refresh his memory.

Yaki then stretched, yawning. "Okay, let's do this!" He said before pressing play and began to practice.

"Counting the number of your shattered memories, as you recall them, what will you be singing?

Once again I am drawing a fairy land, in which you will slowly become lost... Ah...

I will cast a mystic spell and put a soiled dress on you. As you shed sweet tears, everything will turn into a lie.

Forgetting about the memories you are searching for, as you become restless, you will become stained in black.

Once again I am using a simple trick to deceive you, by which you will slowly become lost in the long night... Ah...

I will cast a mystic spell and rid you of the worries of the adult world. As you shed sweet tears, everything will transform into sound.

GLIDE!

Everything will turn into a lie.

I will cast a mystic spell and give you a soiled dream. As you shed black tears, everything will turn into a fairy tale.

The fairy land dissipates into the red sky. As you shed black tears, everything will turn out to be a dream and end."

As the song ended, Yaki sighed and laid back on his bed, groaning. "I seriously need to work more on this song..."

"Hmm, doesn't sound too bad." Daniel commented as he listened back to his first recording of the song. "What do you think."

Although he has listen to himself sing many times, his voice still makes him cringe by the fact that his voice sound nothing like he thinks it sounds. Sometimes, it sends a couple of shivers down his spine.

"I think," the recorder that was sitting next to Daniel said, "you should record it again. There were a couple of voice cracks and some off-key notes. We need this to be perfect, like always."

Daniel nodded and quickly walk back inside the recording room. He popped on the headphones and started singing into the microphone again, paying attention to make sure he doesn't make any mistakes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next day, he went back to the same auditorium that he was training Yaki at yesterday. Now, to see if he actually practised.

Yaki continued working on the song before he decided to take a break and grab something to eat. When he came back with some fruit, he replayed the song and decided to just listen to it and study on how the beat was given. Soon after, he began to practice again until he got tired and fell asleep.
----------------------------------------------------------

When he woke up, Yaki got ready to meet with Daniel, stopping by Zoe's Cafe to get some English muffins. He placed them in his backpack and made his way to the auditorium, yawning slightly as he pushed the doors to come in.

"Good morning Daniel!" He greeted happily. "I got an extra English muffin if you want it! And my cousin told me to say hi, and said she's sorry for interrupting yesterday..." He said as he put his backpack on one of the front row seats and took out the paper bag that had the muffins.

((Damn it I was writer's blocked with this rp soz soz soz))

"What's up!" Daniel smiled as Yaki walked into the auditorium. "How was the game?"

"I'll let it once, but not next time." Daniel pointed to Yaki about how their lesson yesterday got interrupted. Then he dropped his hands and picked up the English muffin that Yaki gave him. "Thanks for the muffin. You know you don't have to get me one all the time right?"

"Anyway," Daniel started again, while leaning on his chair. "I hope you have been practising. Can you please sing the song? I need to see if you have improved."

This time however, Daniel simply counted Yaki in, and did not give a beat for Yaki to keep. He wanted Yaki to learn to keep a beat by himself, as of course, no one's gonna be there to give him a beat to keep when he actually performs.

((It's perfectly fine, it happens to everyone!))

Yaki smiled. "The game was amazing! Right when you think that the Canava Pandas were done for, my cousin saved them with a homerun and a couple of saves! It was such a close call!" He replied a bit excitedly. "My cousin's team won, but I forgot the score... but it was really amazing."

"Yes, of course, I promise that we won't get interrupted ever again!" He declared as he smiled again.

"You're welcome. And I know I don't have to get you one everytime but.." He trailed off, shrugging. "It's my treat, I guess you can say. Just in case you can't go to that bakery, and in case you're hungry. And because I feel like getting you a muffin. It's really no big deal.." He explained, waving his hand away from the topic.

"I have been practicing!" Yaki replied, then nodded as he quickly got on stage and got into the proper singing position. After he got counted in, Yaki frowned slightly, trying to remember the words for a second before he quickly began.

Once again I am drawing a fairy land, in which you will slowly become lost... Ah...

I will cast a mystic spell and put a soiled dress on you. As you shed sweet tears, everything will turn into a lie.

Forgetting about the memories you are searching for, as you become restless, you will become stained in black.

Once again I am using a simple trick to deceive you, by which you will slowly become lost in the long night... Ah...

I will cast a mystic spell and rid you of the worries of the adult world. As you shed sweet tears, everything will transform into sound.

GLIDE!

Everything will turn into a lie.

I will cast a mystic spell and give you a soiled dream. As you shed black tears, everything will turn into a fairy tale.

The fairy land dissipates into the red sky. As you shed black tears, everything will turn out to be a dream and end."

"Wow," Daniel replied to Yaki's recap of the baseball game. "Must've kept you on the edge of your seat then."

Daniel simply smiled as Yaki gave his reason why he bought the muffins for Daniel. There was really nothing else he could say, or want to say. He didn't want too waste time having a chit-chat about an irrelevant topic.

After listening to Yaki's rendition of the song, Daniel immediately noted out in the improvements first after Yaki had finished the song. "Well what can I say? You've done a great job at improving your ability to keep a beat. In fact I think we can move onto fixing your next flaw."

Daniel hauled himself up again. "Although the problem wasn't prevalent in your cover for 'GLIDE', however it was very obvious when you were singing Nevereverland. Your ability to hold long notes seem to be a weakness as well. I don't know what it is, but it is really shaky."

In order to test out his theory, Daniel went to the grand piano again, and played a note. "Sing this note for as long and as smoothly as you can without taking a breath."

((I'm not going to have phone service till Thursday, so if you reply anytime before that, you'll know why it's taking me long to answer T-T))
"It was an amazing game! I mean, okay, maybe for me it was, but my cousin is really good at what she does. I'd invite you to a game but, I don't know if baseball is your thing, or even if it was, you're a busy man!" Yaki said as he leant backwards and popped his back.

After singing, Yaki blinked, a bit surprised. "Wait, really?? We can move on? I actually thought I needed another day but if you say I'm good then... Wow.. I didn't expect that!" He admitted sheepishly, before listening to what Daniel said was another flaw of his.

"Ah, yeah, I can understand that.. I'm bad at holding notes in my opinion.." Yaki agreed, then sighed as he was instructed to sing a note as long and as smooth as he could.

"Okay, here it goes." He said, before taking a deep breath and began to sing the given note as smoothly and as long as he could. It wasn't long till he ran out of breath, slightly blushing when he had to stop.

"Anything I should do to work on that?" He asked as he regained his composure.

Status
Not open for further replies.