It's All About Show Biz (Me and Yata Misaki)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seihou Wukong

Cuppycake Chicana <3
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, modern, action, adventure
@Yata Misaki

This is a roleplay between me and Mi-Sa-Kiiiii~ (Sorry, I had to X'D)

Please do not post in this!

Airyan was trying to figure out where he was supposed to meet his potential mentor. As he walked into the auditorium, he looked around in amazement at the size of the stage in front of him. There was a lot of seats that could fill a hundred or more audience members, and to Airyan, that was a lot. He place his backpack on one of the front row seats, his eyes glued to the stage.
"Wow... To think that I thought the stage back home was big..." Airyan said softly to himself as he proceeded to get on the stage. Once he got himself up. he smiled brightly and got in his singing position, pretending to be holding an invisible microphone. "What's up, audience???" He said to the empty room, laughing as he quickly found out that he didn't even need a microphone for his voice to project throughout the space.

"I'm gonna sing a song, it's called... Uh..." Airyan stopped and scratched the back of his neck. "What was the name of that song again..?" He muttered, thinking for a bit before he suddenly remembered. "Oh yeah! I'm gonna sing Nevereverland!" He said, before beginning to sing the first verse.

"Long ago, inside a distant memory,
There is a voice, that says,
"Do you believe a world of happy endings?"
Even when the road seems long,
Every breath you take will lead you closer to,
A special place within
Your Neverever.... Land..."

(Click here to see the original song!!)

Daniel was already in the audience sitting behind a desk that was in the middle of the audience seats, like the judging panels you see in those talent shows on TV. He smiled as the boy on stage said that he was going to sing Nevereverland. Quite a popular choice for rookies like him. He hunched forward to better hear trainee's singing. He twirled his pen around his fingers as he listened on to the boy on the stage. Even when the boy had just finished the first verse of the song, he already knew that he a lot of talent, yet for some reason it didn't feel like it was enough. He's obviously using a lot of effort, but there's still a lot of places in which he needs to improve on. But he knew that part of the reason is probably because he was extremely nervous.

Just before he let the boy continue, Daniel placed his hands up, signalling for the boy to stop singing. "That's enough mate." He said, before letting his hands slump back onto the table. "You clearly have the talent and the agency can see that, but you've actually made quite a few mistakes in your cover already."

Daniel then got up from his seat and walked onto the stage. "But then that's why you're here right now, to fix them." he smiled at the boy. "Speaking of which, you actually didn't introduce yourself when you came on stage. What is your name? But I'm Daniel, your mentor."

Airyan got startled when he just remembered that he wasn't entirely alone in the auditorium. Luckily, he didn't had a real microphone in his hand, because if he did, he would've dropped the piece of expensive equipment without thinking.

"I-I... U-Um.. Th-Thank you." Airyan managed to stutter out, giving the man a quick bow out of nervous habit. "It's been a pleasure to, uh, sing for you, evenif it was unintentional." He added with a nervous smile.

"And I hope I'll be a good enough student for you!" He replied, before beginning to blush slightly as the man who called himself Daniel pointed out that he hadn't introduced himself.

"O-Oh, well, I just thought I was by myself.. and uh.. I kinda just... well, completely forgot about everything... M-My name is Airyan Yokokawa but some people call me Yaki, sir!" Airyan said as he tried to get himself together.

He got off the stage and went to quickly get his backpack. "Thank you for taking the time to be my mentor, I really do appreciate this, and I hope I get to learn a lot from you, Mister Daniel!" He said nervously, bowing again to him, according to his custom.

"Airyan Yokokawa? Yaki?" Daniel replied as the trainee answered his question, crossing his arms. "Wonder how they derived your nickname from your actual name haha."

"Well then," Daniel started again as he saw Yaki getting off the stage to retrieve his backpack. "Your formal training starts tomorrow. Come back to this auditorium at 9 am sharp. And drop the mister please, it ain't cool."

Jeez this kid bows a lot, how is his back not broken from all the bending yet? Daniel sighed again after walking out of the auditorium, before meeting up with his manager, Simon. Simon had a huge grin on his face that almost split his face into to halves, with his teeth that are so white and sparkly that Daniel couldn't even take an accidental glance at it or else he'll become blind by the brightness. When Daniel was right beside his manager, Simon immediately slapped his back, causing Daniel to flinch.

"Well how's that Airyan trainee, pretty good eh?" Simon said rather enthusiastically. "You think you can mentor him, Danny."
"Yeah yeah, but that's if he can drop that nervous feeling from his system." Daniel replied as he approached the main lobby area. Even from the reception desk, he could see a huge wave of his fans that are huddled at the footpath directly outside. Immediately, it caused Daniel to roll his eyes in slight annoyance, but he had to put on a happy face. Don't they have other things to do?

The second he opened the glass doors that lead to the outside metropolis, all the fans started to scream in joy as they caught a glimpse of him. Thank god they were rational enough to give me some space and let Simon and I into our car.

"Thank god my schedule today isn't that packed today." Daniel muttered as he assumed his position in the back seat, ignoring the loud noise that was penetrating the car windows. "Just a performance for that anime event near that theme park right?"
"Mmhmm," Simon nodded. "Not too bad today."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, no dancing for a change. Daniel had changed into his costume and was already on stage, with his microphone on its stand in front of him. As the backing music started, he counted his beats and concentrated on getting everything correct. When the time came, he started to sing the lyrics.

Dimly illuminating the wooden platform of the stage
I played notes on the parquetry
The beautiful crescent moon
Disappears into the clouds, and I don’t have an umbrella

Morning comes, as if it were the thawing of spring.
If our frozen love someday flows hot,

Then I’ll embrace you in the endless rain
If you are hiding away your answer,
Then I’ll somehow whisper to you with my unchanging voice
And at the very least, I’ll wrap up your broken heart.

My waning feelings having at last
Grown in size with all the secrets
Saying once again, “Don’t change”
And breaking up the rouge on my cheek

But the rain, continuing to fall, at last washed it away,
As if it were a brilliantly coloured camellia flower in the snow

If I someday awaken from this transient dream,
I would search for you, I wonder where I’d head to
The modest wish I’ve made
The scenery I look out on, it seems I’m forgetting them

Far off into the distance, you leave me, that is very fleeting
The past, the present, if I trust in them all,

(Long-ass music break)

Then I’ll embrace you in the endless rain.
If you are searching for your answer,
Then on the crimson dyed petals of the snow camellias,

I’ll entrust tonight and keep giving in to this temptation.
(The Song)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next day 9 am...

Daniel sat in his spot that he was at yesterday, waiting for Yaki to arrive. Please tell me he's punctual at least.

Yaki shrugged. "That's what my folks called me, but I never knew how they got the nickname." He explained, throwing the backpack over his shoulder.

"Ah, okay, sorry Daniel!" Yaki said as he nervously smiled. "It's a habit of mine. I'll be better about it soon enough." He said, before he resisted the urge to bow again. "I'll see you tomorrow!!" He called out, waving before he ran out the auditorium.

Once he was far enough away, he saw that Daniel was getting surrounded by fans, trying to get to his car. "Whoooa... That looks really cool..." He said breathlessly before he adjusted his backpack better and began to walk out of the building.

He took the bus home to his apartment, throwing his backpack on the couch before going to his room and flopped onto the bed. He sighed and slowly fell asleep, exhausted from the errands he had to do before meeting his mentor. Moving into an apartment on his own wasn't easy at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Yaki woke up early to get ready to meet with Daniel at the auditorium again. He changed his clothes and grabbed his backpack and headed out to the bus stop. Once the ride to the auditorium was over, he saw that he had some time to buy something to eat. He got himself an English muffin at a local bakery, then thought a bit. "Should I buy something for Daniel...?" He asked himself as he looked at the baked goods that were being displayed. Yaki shrugged and bought another English muffin just in case, putting the paper bag in his backpack.

He quickly jogged to the auditorium, checking the time. It was already 9 o'clock. "Crap." Yaki muttered under his breath as he quickly entered the building and ran to the stage. Once he got there, he was panting, bending over so he can catch his breath. "I-I'm here!" He exclaimed as he managed to catch his breath, then sighed. "Good morning Daniel!" He greeted happily as he walked over to where his mentor was.

"How are you today? Sorry it took me a while, I was getting some breakfast..." He said, pulling out the paper bag from his bag. "I bought you an English muffin in case you didn't eat, but I dunno if you want it or not.." He said as he shyly offered the paper bag. "I'm ready to learn though!"

Daniel yawned quietly trying to keep himself awake from yesterday's performance. When Yaki arrived, Daniel sighed in relief as he was at least not 20 minutes late like one of his previous students.

"Hello again Yaki," Daniel greeted back as the trainee ran up to the stage, before being taken by a bit of surprise when Yaki gave him an english muffin. "Why thank you...I'll have it later though."

"Anyway," Daniel started again, before walking towards the stage. "We'll start your two-hour training today. Of course just like everybody else, we'll start with warm-ups. First, stand your back up and maintain a good posture. Make sure to breath deeply as well."

Daniel then placed the heel of his hands onto his cheeks, before turning them in a clockwise direction. "Then, press down both of your jaws with your hands like what I am doing and roll it around. Your jaws should open naturally. These bodily exercises will help your better produce your voice."

"You should also do some lip and tongue trills after you release the tension of your jaws." Daniel kept going on with his information shpill, hoping that the newbie was following along just fine. "We need to do the exercises we just did every day in order to not strain our vocals too much."

"But obviously, we still need to do some scales. You know how sing a G-major?" Daniel asked. "If you don't, I'll help you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaki got pleasantly surprised as Daniel accepted his English muffin, making him smile. "You're welcome Daniel!" He replied to his thanks, before immediately paying attention as he spoke about training.

"Right, good posture, and deep breaths..." Yaki repeated, watching as Daniel demonstrated a warm up sort of exercises. He looked down at his hands, then slowly but surely, he began to copy Daniel. He kept doing the exercise as he listened to Daniel introduction, giving the occasional nod.

"Okay, got it.. Though how does not doing these warm ups strain our voices, exactly? I'm just curious." Yaki said after putting his hands down from his face. He blinked when asked to sing a G-major scale.

After some hesitation, Yaki began to sing the G-major scale, though not as loud as he would normally do. He shyly looked over at Daniel and gave him a nervous smile, raising a finger a bit. "I, uh, know my music theory, but scales and stuff like that are sorta my weakness." He confessed. "I was hoping to learn more about that... But.. um.. that is, if it's not to much to ask.." Yaki nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"What I just sang was the G-major scale, isn't it? I mean, I think it is..."

"It's like how sportsmen always warm-up before they go and run a marathon or something," Daniel answered Yaki's question, dropping his hands down to talk. "It is so that our vocal cords are stretched and relaxed, reducing the chances of losing your voice.

"Oh they're your weaknesses?" Daniel was taken aback by Yaki's confession. Although learning music theory is extremely beneficial for trainees, it was not a requirement for people who wish to enter the agency, as long as they have the talent. "Well it doesn't really matter if you know a lot or a little bit of theory. It's more about performing than about learning words and things like that. But if you seriously want to learn it..."

Daniel breathed out and stretched his arms and back before continuing on where he left off. "For starters, your G-major was almost on point. However your sharps were too flat."

There was a piano nearby the stage, and Daniel quickly went off the stage and lifted the lid off the piano and revealed a long line of black and white keys. He ran his fingers along the keys, before pressing down on the black key that played a F sharp. "Can you sing this F sharp. If you're not sure that you'll be on pitch, just bust out the note the second you hear it again from the piano. You'll usually be right 99% of the time."

Daniel pressed the same key again, signalling the boy to sing again.

"After we fix your mistake, we'll go through the G-major again slowly." Daniel then said with a warm smile.

Yaki listened carefully to Daniel's explanation on the importance of warming up their voices. He nodded as he began to understand. "Ah, I get it now. I'll make sure to warm up every day, just as you instructed!" He reassured him with a bright smile.

"Oh, well," Yaki began after Daniel informed him that he didn't have to learn music theory. "For one, I want to know how to read music, so I can know what exactly it is I need to do when I sing a specific song. That's a given for me, if I want to be what I call, a "smart" singer. I don't just wanna sound good, I wanna show people that I do know what I'm doing. Plus, if I know my music theory, I can sing AND play an instrument. I wanna do some acoustic songs too someday, but it'll be easier for me if I learned my music."

Yaki walked over to the piano, and listened to Daniel's constructive criticism, before nodding. "Oooooh. Oh. Yeah, I can see that mistake now." He replied as he was told what to do.

When asked, he sang the note before grinning and throwing his fist in the air. "Yes! I got it on my first try!" He said happily, before regaining his composure as he was told to sing the note again.

After he did, Yaki listened to Daniel as he told him what they'll be doing next. "Alright, sounds good. Thank you so much, Daniel, for teaching me this, I really do appreciate this." He said sincerely, smiling brightly.

Yaki listened carefully to Daniel's explanation on the importance of warming up their voices. He nodded as he began to understand. "Ah, I get it now. I'll make sure to warm up every day, just as you instructed!" He reassured him with a bright smile.

"Oh, well," Yaki began after Daniel informed him that he didn't have to learn music theory. "For one, I want to know how to read music, so I can know what exactly it is I need to do when I sing a specific song. That's a given for me, if I want to be what I call, a "smart" singer. I don't just wanna sound good, I wanna show people that I do know what I'm doing. Plus, if I know my music theory, I can sing AND play an instrument. I wanna do some acoustic songs too someday, but it'll be easier for me if I learned my music."

Yaki walked over to the piano, and listened to Daniel's constructive criticism, before nodding. "Oooooh. Oh. Yeah, I can see that mistake now." He replied as he was told what to do.

When asked, he sang the note before grinning and throwing his fist in the air. "Yes! I got it on my first try!" He said happily, before regaining his composure as he was told to sing the note again.

After he did, Yaki listened to Daniel as he told him what they'll be doing next. "Alright, sounds good. Thank you so much, Daniel, for teaching me this, I really do appreciate this." He said sincerely, smiling brightly.

"I see..." Daniel crossed his arms, widening his eyes a bit and quite impressed by Yaki's reason. "It'll be a bit of a stretch, but I won't stop you."

Daniel clapped as Yaki sang the note in tune, before smiling again. "Now let's see if you can sing the whole G major scale again, this time with the F sharp being in tune."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now that we got the warm-up out of the way." Daniel resumed into his spot at the table in the audience's seating area, with a pen and paper. "Let's go through that song you sang yesterday again. What was it? Nevereverland right?"

Daniel leaned back a bit onto the chair, with the back support squeaking a little. "Since I interrupted you mid-way and didn't record you, can you please sing the song again? This time, I want you to do an acapella of the song, so no backing track. This will give me an indication of your ability as a singer right now."

He then pulled out his phone and turned it on so that he could record Yaki's cover of the song. "Annnnnd...Start!"

As he pressed down the record button on his phone, Daniel caught something in the line of his vision. Oh yeah that English muffin the kid gave me, might as well eat it since I haven't had breakfast yet for god sakes. Still paying attention, he slowly grabbed the bag and took the English muffin out, before taking a bite that was the size of a crocodile. This muffin is actually really good, how have I not visited this bakery yet?

Yaki smiled even more as he heard Daniel agreeing to help him with music theory. "Alright, I got this!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yup, Nevereverland is the name of the song!" Yaki said as he started to get comfortable on stage. "Of course I can! I'll just.. sing it I guess." He said as he backed up a bit and looked onto the empty rows of chairs.

Once Daniel gave him the signal, Yaki took a deep breath and began to sing.

"Long ago, inside a distant memory,
There is a voice that says
"Do you believe a world of happy endings?"
Even when the road seems long,
Every breath you take will lead you closer to
A special place within
Your Neverever...

I wake up, to the sound of a siren pounding at my eardrum,
And stifle my scream to death.
Yet unaware of what awaits me, I hold onto nothing but the sound of my heartbeat,
And fall into the trap of reality.

I'll have no regrets.
Gazing at the piled up, torn to shreds, images of my future,
I halt my breath, and the rusted needle of my memories,
Goes round and round, inside my head.

As I close my eyes,
There aren't even any traces left behind, no sounds leaking out, no destination to be headed to
I know that this is what I want, this is what I need
Even as we speak - your afterimage comes to mind, like an infinite loop.
With our past scars left unhealed,
Such barren, never-changing days,
Are coming to an end.
So now, this is my Nevereverland I've longed for.

Words, piercing right through me, like a wandering knife,
Go and make fun of my suffering.
Helplessly gulping down my trembling voice,
I'm falling into the trap of solitude.

Stumbling onto my lost footsteps, I lose my sense of existence.
Standing on this tear-stained tragic stage,
Inside my heart, it's insanely, unsteadily clamoring

As I take your hand,
I'm escaping it all; the memories lying within my heart are fading
Tomorrow as well, your afterimage will come to mind, like an infinite loop.
With this twisted world I jumped into, still on-going,
Are coming to an end.
So now, this is my Nevereverland I've longed for.

As I wake up, like a trace of a faded dream, sunlight comes flooding in,
Covering the back of my eyelids.
And just when I think everything's come true,
Once again, I find myself falling.

As I close my eyes,
There aren't even any traces left behind, no sounds leaking out, no destination to be headed to
Even as we speak - your afterimage comes to mind; like an infinite loop.
With our past scars left unhealed,
Are coming to an end.
So now, this is my Nevereverland I've longed for."

As Yaki was getting close to the end, he saw that Daniel was reaching out for his muffin, before beginning to eat it. Yaki couldn't help but smile more as he sang, and almost forgot what he was supposed to sing next, but quickly recovered from the distraction and got back to the chorus, before ending the song.

"So.... How did I do?" He asked as he looked over at Daniel. "I feel like I need to work on breathing.." He laughed nervously as he panted a little.​

"Yes Yaki, you do have to work on your breathing as a matter of fact," Daniel agreed with Yaki's last sentence. "but let's go through what you did well. For starters, you were pretty much on pitch. I didn't hear any off-key notes, and even if there was any, it wasn't that off."

"However," Daniel continued again, this time he took his final bite of the muffin first. Swallowing it down, he cleared his throat and started talking again. "The reason why you were so out of breath is simply because you were taking the breaths at the wrong places and that you weren't keeping a steady beat."

Daniel then started to scratch his chin and started thinking. Should I make him sing Nevereverland again? But then it's really hard for him to keep a beat because it changes tempo. Oh I know...

"Do you know the lyrics to 'Glide' by Lily?" Daniel asked to Yaki. "It has the same tempo through the whole song. There isn't many hard notes you have to hit, so you can focus more on keeping a beat. If you don't know the lyrics I'll print off a copy for you."

@Seihou

Last edited by a moderator:
(Sorry, I've been busy these past few days. Im gonna have problems with internet for a while ;-; )

Yaki nodded, taking in consideration the criticism that his mentor was giving him.

"Yeah, tempo is what gets me every time with that song..." Yaki said to himself before looking up.

"Oh, um... No, I don't know that song. But I can learn it if you want me to. It won't take me long, I think.."

Yaki stretched and sighed. "Looks like I have homework, but I bet it'll be worth it in the end."

He stretched for a while, before remembering about the muffin. "Oh! I wanted to ask if you liked the muffin, 'cause it looked like you enjoyed it..." He commented, smiling. "I went to this bakery, pretty small but it has really delicious looking bread. It's called... Zoe's Sweet Cafe.. Or something of the sort."

"That's okay," Daniel replied, before turning on his laptop that was sitting on the desk. "Can I get your email as well? I'll send the lyrics over to your inbox, I just remembered that the printer here is broken and I'd rather not walk all the way back to the office to use the printer."

"The muffin was actually really nice," Daniel answered as he went through his endless amount of documents that were lingering in his folder for lyrics. "Zoe's Sweet Cafe? I think I've heard of bakery before, but I never got the chance to visit there, let alone buy anything from there. I'll maybe have a look once I get a day-off."

Daniel smiled at Yaki, before continuing. "Since we still have some time to kill, we'll go through the song so that you get a good idea on how the song goes. I'll just play it for you today, but I also want you to concentrate on the beat of the song as well."

Daniel then tapped the spacebar on his laptop, and the song was played from the laptop on full blast. Since the auditorium was practically empty, the sound that came out of the laptop speakers echoed throughout the vast area of space.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Counting the number of your shattered memories,
as you recall them, what will you be singing?

Once again I am drawing a fairy land,
in which you will slowly become lost... Ah...

I will cast a mystic spell and put a soiled dress on you.

As you shed sweet tears, everything will turn into a lie.

Forgetting about the memories you are searching for,

as you become restless, you will become stained in black.

Once again I am using a simple trick to deceive you,

by which you will slowly become lost in the long night... Ah...

I will cast a mystic spell and rid you of the worries of the adult world.

As you shed sweet tears, everything will transform into sound.

GLIDE!

Everything will turn into a lie.

I will cast a mystic spell and give you a soiled dream.

As you shed black tears, everything will turn into a fairy tale.

The fairy land dissipates into the red sky.
As you shed black tears, everything will turn out to be a dream and end.
(The Song)

(Sorry it took so long to reply. I thought the reply went through, but I guess not ;-; Like I said before, internet issues. T-T)

Yaki nodded and gave him his email, before getting happy.

"Really?? I'm happy you loved the muffin! You really should check out that bakery, they have all sorts of cool and delicious pastries! If you want, next time I come to training I can get you another English muffin!" He offered excitedly, hoping to do a nice gesture for his mentor.

After listening to what Daniel had suggested they do next, Yaki nodded and sat down on the stage, crissed crossed, and focused on listening the song, trying to see if he could pick up on the rhythm and tempo.

While listening to the song, Yaki mentally tried to see if he could figure out the rhythm as if it where on sheet music.

Eventually, he had some idea of how the song went, and once the song ended, he looked up from the space he was staring in front of him.

"It sounds easy enough, but its easier said than done, I guess." Yaki sighed as he stretched his arms up and out.

"Maybe I will...hopefully I don't summon a giant mob when I visit the bakery though." Daniel chuckled slightly. Yaki was quite an enthusiastic student in his opinion. I guess I don't have to worry about him slacking off and not doing anything to improve.

"Don't worry, there isn't a lot of lyrics to remember compared to Nevereverland if you compare the two songs." Daniel tried to reassure Yaki, who was stretching his limbs out a little bit. "But now, do you remember how fast the tempo of the song was? Once you get the beat of the song down, you'll notice the lyrics will flow out quite naturally. Why don't you try right now?"

Daniel sat back down and then repositioned his laptop screen so that Yaki could see the lyrics as he sings. "I'll let you take a few minutes to have a look at words, so then you're not completely clueless. Afterwards, I'll get you to sing to the tempo. I'll provide the starting beat okay?"

So Daniel waited for a few minutes to allow some time for the trainee to have a good study of the lyrics. Three minutes passed and then Daniel sat up again.

"You ready?" Daniel asked again, waiting for Yaki's approval.

((I wanted to ask something! Would you be okay if I add on side characters and such? I wanted to try a thing, just as a test!))

"I bet we can figure something out to fix that problem!" Yaki insisted, his eyes lighting up as he began to think up of a solution.

"Yeah, its easier than Nevereverland for sure." He agreed. "I think I remember the tempo of the song. It's not that hard now that I actually think about it.. I'll try to sing it as well as I can." Yaki finally decided.

Yaki looked at the lyrics, then turned his attention to Daniel as he gave him the instructions. "Alright, I see. I'll look over the lyrics then.." He said, before getting back to the lyrics.

After several minutes of studying the lyrics, Yaki heard Daniel as if he was ready to go. He continued to read for a few seconds more, then nodded. "Yup, got it!" He exclaimed, before sighing a bit.

"This song is actually deep if you truly look at the words and take them into consideration..." He mused, resting his head on his hand, his elbow resting on his thigh. "There should be more songs like this, but about happy stuff too. I like these songs, but something cheerful wouldn't hurt either." He commented a bit, before shaking his head.

"Never mind, let's do this!" He said happily.

((Yeah Yeah Yeah that's perfectly fine))

"Easier said than done," Daniel chuckled again. Not sure if he's being intentionally funny though, highly doubt it.

"Well, the song is rather..dark-ish, despite its somewhat upbeat and happy instrumentals" Daniel replied to Yaki's comment about the lyrics of GLIDE. Daniel's interpretation of the lyrics was that it was a person who kept believing in a fantasy, only for him to not be able to take on reality. Well, that was the tl;dr version of his analysis, at least.

"So you're ready?" Daniel asked again to confirm, then he counted, "1...2...and a 1,2,3,4."

Then Daniel started to hit the table lightly, but loud enough for Yaki to hear. He made sure he was consistent with the movement of his hand, so that his beat wouldn't throw Yaki off. After all, it was important to make sure that in a song, the beat doesn't just randomly change. When Daniel felt like he had already given Yaki a good idea with the beat of the music, he slowly made the tapping quieter, and then stopped completely.

Let's see how well he does without my guidance, Daniel thought while stroking his chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.