It started with an egg...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good, cause I dont wanna lose you!" He murred, rubbing his head lovingly against her, and giving her a lick across the face. "Have you heard anything from the guy you hired to look for a cave?" He asked after showing her his affection. "I can barely go into the house without knocking something over anymore..." He murred sadly, not happy about that.

"I know my baby," Rin said softly, "I know. I have. He's found a cave nearby to show you. Might have to clear out a few goblins but it's only a few minutes fly from here. He'll take you tomorrow." She hugged him again and rubbed his nose.

"I can take on a few Goblins!" Asm said, doubting such things that even papa could deal with would be easy to kill, if not at least scare off with some fire. He kept rubbing his head gently against her, careful not to hurt her with his horns. "So, what's mama and papa doing today then? Just milling about, trying not to stress you too badly?" He asked with a teasing murr.

Rin laughed and nodded. "That's Mama's plan. Papa has to work. He's also going to pick up some things for me and bring the nurse maid in." she answered as she stood there, affectionately petting the dragon. She was glad that her Asm was getting to be so strong and brave.

"Does Papa need a ride into town then?" He murred, still rubbing himself affectionately against her. "Or does Mama need the company?" He liked flying about, and flying about with Mama or Papa on his back only made a fun thing more fun! Of course, Rin hadn't been the one to ride along with him the most lately, for obvious reasons.

"Papa is going to take his horse. But Mama could use company," Rin smiled as her arms remained around his head. She missed riding about on his back but she had to think about the baby. She kissed his nose again and looked quite relaxed. Leon rode by on his horse and waved to thiem with a smile. "See you two later!" he called.

"See ya, papa!" Asm yelled after him as he left, before focusing on cuddling his mother again. "Asmazus is always going to be there for Mama when you need company. I don't care if I live in a cave or something a bit away. I'll learn magic and make sure I can hear it whenever you call for me!" He murred happily, confident that he'd learn such magic one day, even if such magic didn't truly exist. But a young dragon must be allowed to dream, for only then can new spells be made!

Rin smiled, finding him adorable. "I know. You'll always be here for mama. And mama will always be here for you. Even if you can't see me I'll be here for you," She said softly before kissing his nose. She was glad that he was right there, such a large dragon still being a doting son. Many would think this an impossible scene and yet there it was. The little elf was holding onto the large dragon, acting just as if they were truly mother and son.

Asm murred happily as he sat down, still rubbing himself against Rin. "So, what does Mama have planned for the day? Reading or something like that?" He asked with a fanged grin. "You're not exactly active nowadays." He didn't mind a calm day of reading and stories from time to time though. He wasn't great at reading yet, but he liked it anyway, especially the way Rin taught him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rin nodded. "That is my plan. Can't exactly be active with a big round belly like this," She giggled softly. She released him only to go and get a book. When she came back out she sat close to him, looking relaxed and content.

Asm sat and waited as Rin went inside,smiling as she returned. He laid down next her, trying to aee what she was reading before giving up. "Read for me?" He asked, laying his head down on the grass.

Rin smiled and nodded. "Of course. It must be hard for you to see from there, with it being such tiny print for you and all." She snuggled close to him and started to read to him. The book was about treasure and adventure.

Asm listened to his mama's reading, laying his head on his front feet, and simply relaxed. He loved tales of heroic adventurers and the great treasures they gathered, hoping to one day experience such things for himself, and indeed, gather such treasures in his great hoard. But that was an adventure for another time, and with the soothing voice of his mama in his ears, the warm sun on his back, and a complete peace, he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Rin smiled as she read out loud. It didn't take her long to recognize his sleeping breaths. She started to read in a softer voice as she sat there, knowing better than to stop. Once she was certain he was asleep she started to read silently to herself. She was glad to sit there with him in silence, the day was so peaceful.

Asm's breath became slow and heavy as he slept, letting out the occasional murr. His tail swung from side to side at times as he dreamt that he flew on adventures and gathered loot. He smiled in his sleep, enjoying Rin's warmth, even in his sleep.

Rin smiled and relaxed in the sunshine. The day was just perfect. Soon even she fell asleep from the sun's warmth.

The mother and son spent the rest of the day much in the same manner, doing very little but to relax. When Leon returned, there was a small burst of activity, yet it was ended almost as soon as it had started. Almost before they knew it, a new morning came upon them.

The next morning Rin was fixing breakfast for herself and Leon. She knew the cave prospector would show up that day but she had time before he would arrive. Leon was glad to see rin in such good spirits. He was a bit worried at first about having a baby around a fully grown dragon, but he was sure Asm could deal with this.

Asm slowly made his way out of his room and towards the stairs. He knew he was getting way too big to for the house, so he had to be careful not to knock down anything as he got to the stairs. They had become one his biggest enemies in the house, with the steps being just a bit too small for him to comfortably walk down it, almost slipping on every step, which forced him to speed up towards the end of it, as he had barely any traction to stop him. Yet at least it made for a quick entrance to the kitchen. Once he had managed to stop, without knocking anything, nor anyone over, he greeted his parents. "Good morning Mama, papa." He murred with a smile.

Rin and Leon looked at him with warm smiles. "Good morning Asm," they both replied. Rin walked over and gave him a kiss on the nose while Leon straightened out his hair. Then Leon walked over and gave him a gentle hug. "The prospector will be here today to take you out to that cave. You want me to go with you?" Leon asked with a grin. It seemed like the day was going to be perfectly sunny weather, the best weather for flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.