ISO literate writing partners (varied themes, 750k+ per post)

authorly

Edgebabby
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
fantasy, realistic, sci-fi, historical fiction
hey all!
i'm new to this site, and i'm looking to open one to three spots for new partners. i write roughly 1k+ words per post, once a week or more and i'm looking for someone to match that. i'm very motivated to add to our plot, worldbuild, etc. it'd be great if you were wanting to add to it too, but i am very comfortable taking the lead in that! i'm currently in a very enemies to lovers mood, but i'm open to ideas as well. i would especially love to find people who are interested in writing equestrian themes or academy themes. i've included a full list of ideas i've not been able to place below, although one or two of them are revamped due to the unexpected loss of a partner or two. i strongly prefer heterosexual pairings, although i could be open to a mxm pairing with the right plot. i'm very comfortable playing either a male or a female, although i've been leaning toward female characters as of late. generally, i'm looking for someone who is excited and motivated to develop our pairing and our storyline. i understand not being able to commit time to it every day, but i'd expect that we're chatting multiple days a week (developing ideas, pairings, worldbuilding, sharing media back and forth, etc) and getting up at least one post per person each week. i'm really flexible and won't hold you to this fanatically as long as you're letting me know what's going on! i'm just not looking for someone who's going to ditch one week in or something of the sort. if you have questions, let me know! otherwise, here's a few of my ideas at varying stages of development. some have been totally fleshed out, others are just concepts we can run with!

one:
our riders are sworn enemies who have been competing against each other since they both rose to popularity in their respective countries. as the state of their world grows politically unstable, a coach who has worked with both of them extensively suggests that they marry, which will benefit them both in one way or another. one idea that i have for this one would be for me to play a woman who comes from nobility in her country and the target on her back is growing larger each day as a different country takes over after the assassination of her family, with the exception of her, who was competing elsewhere at the time. i'd like to see the story open with the pair of them talking shit at each other during a competition, then she receives the phone call to go into hiding, and their coach/ex-coach tries to get the arrangement together right then and there. i'm thinking either the coach promises the male rider something, or he's in need of the female rider's money or influence for some reason. i'd love to see him say he'll do it but only if she quits riding forever, and she says she'd rather go straight to her death or something of the sort. after the marriage occurs, they end up going off the grid together, because it's the last big competition of the season and they were planning to train during the off-season anyway. while they're off the grid and stuck with one another, they end up in a variety of dangerous situations which render them incapable of living the quiet life they'd planned for those months off. as they continue to be put in harm's way together, they grow closer despite continuing to seek to eliminate each other from the running for the same national equestrian team, which is only an issue and a possibility now that she's becoming a citizen of the same country as him. something like that :)

two:
our characters are academic rivals and have hated each other for as many years as they've been competing against one another at a fantasy academy in a space between their realms. the academy was created to shelter a secret society from ancient times, although this is hidden from the students and they believe that the facade that the society members hide behind is reality. what they don't realize is that they have been prophesied to overthrow the society and bring about the end of the world, essentially, through their love. in order to prevent this from happening, they were mind-controlled with magic from a young age to despise one another, though they both, of course, believe that they despise one another completely. they have been held at the academy since they were young kids, although the average length of stay for most students is two years. now that they are in their graduating year, the society is getting more aggressive and less discreet in their actions against the pair, because they are running out of time to figure out what to do with them after graduation. i've written this twice now (or at least started to, never successfully) once with a male character who was more intellectual and sarcastic and once with a female character who was more fierce and outwardly competitive. powers have varied but typically stay within elemental or subsets of elemental magic, we can talk more about this if it intrigues you!

three:
one character is a working student who is sent to work for the head of an equestrian empire known for breeding the best competition horses, tack, fashion, etc. in the industry. that rider is sent because something happens to a working rider of theirs and the new rider is an upcoming talent in the industry who lacks the connections to make it to the top. he/she forms a connection with one of the owner's children, who sweeps that rider into a web of drama, danger, and lies as to what lies beneath the exterior of the business and the family that owns it. i've written this before as a male working student and a daughter of the owner, though i would be fine with swapping off genders or even doing a mxm pairing. i'm also open to writing for the working student OR the daughter/son :)

four:
this one centers around a realm where each of the lands have been in turmoil for as long as anyone can remember, constantly warring with one another. as an ancient effort to keep the peace in the lands, each of the lands agreed to place an academy on a piece of land that cannot be touched by the other lands. it has literally been spellbound to be protected. in it, each of the young royals are sent to be trained in different matters that will assist them in their respective future reigns. each year, the upper-level students are placed into a year-long competition where everything they think they know is questioned. it is a battle of wit, physical strength, magic ability, and so on, and it is notorious for accruing foul play among the students. each year, a significant number of resources are awarded to the winner of the competition to do with as they please, and they significantly assist their respective countries in surviving whatever terrible times are upon them. for example, a country in famine may receive food, a warring country may receive weapons, a poor country may receive riches, and so on. as the students are tested, our characters would begin to become skeptical of certain happenings around the academy. for example, the student of the most powerful country trying to tamper with the magic on the academy in order to claim the land and the institution for their people, and things of this nature. i see one character as a mysterious new figure who emerges with no magic and requires protection from the other character. the one who lacks magic would be very fierce and physically strong and intelligent, able to keep up on all other levels. because the other exploits the first character's weakness with the magic by saving them in one of the first challenges, the former retaliates against the latter, but they eventually unite over shared suspicions. i think perhaps a prophecy could be involved about why the one character doesn't have magic, comes from mysterious beginnings, etc.

five:
i'd like to write a storyline where the most prestigious hospital in a certain country/area hosts an international competition as a way to recruit the top doctors. while each competitor that enters is eligible to put the experience on his or her resume which in itself opens a lot of doors, the top doctors in each area get to complete their residencies and work for the hospital for at least five years after, per the contract they sign. in addition to bringing in new doctors, the doctors the hospital has have to compete against one another as well as the new applicants each year to keep their jobs, after the five years have expired. with hundreds of doctors fighting for access to the best resources, supervision, funds, etc. in the world, things are sure to get cutthroat. i've written this before with an applicant pursuing a sort of love-hate relationship with the head of the hospital, who is secretly dying and is particularly looking in this competition for not only doctors capable of saving him but also individuals who would be capable of taking over his position at the hospital. we could do something like that, or competition among competitors. up to you, really! this one's been a lot of fun, as they all have <3

six:
i'd really like to write a high-achieving competition team, maybe equestrian or a winter sport, as they train and compete together. we'd both take a couple characters and work on a variety of dramatic, angsty happenings between them over the course of the year. everything from training during the off-season to fancy galas and award ceremonies to difficult competitions, and so on. i'd LOVE to do this for equestrian, but i'd certainly be interested in something else too!

i think i'll leave off there for now, although if none of these suit your fancy, i'm perfectly capable of sharing others via PM or something of the sort! thanks for reading!

• Love
Reactions: ghostling
hi, i'm new to roleplaying in general, but when you say 1000+ word count, it seems like you prefer the novel kind of prose, which i think i can do pretty well.

i think plot two is really cool, the idea of a school being used as a front for a secret society is super interesting.