Is there something Wrong with me?

If someone is doing something stupid, do you tell them or keep your opinion to yourself?

• Tell them to shut up

• Keep quiet

• Give some soppy after-school-special piece of bullshit

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the gigs were actually funny @Vio but I just expected people to be a bit nicer cuz I guess I figured my problems were important.

Call me depressed, but after today, I think I'm just going to give up. This morning, I said hello to someone and their reply was "hello man-hating feminist c*nt" so yea (I know I probably don't have to censor, but I have a problem with that word)

I tried really hard to be nice and listen to people's shit like I used to, but I forgot how much easier it is to not care.

My friends have problems that range from money issues to suicide, and to stop myself from letting it drag me down, I turned into this monster.

Also, somebody asked me if being mean was "right" and I said yes. Hate on me all you want but if someone says shitty stuff to me, I say shitty stuff back. Maybe that's just in my culture, but being a bitch is better than being bullied
Some people are just ass holes no matter what you do.
That, and if you were a bitch to people for so long they've probably already decided to view you as a bitch, so getting them out of that mindset they have of you would be difficult, and in some cases almost impossible because they've built such a strong negative narrative of you by that point.

In a sense you could say you got yourself a small cut, but then kept picking and picking at the scab until it became this bloody mess.
I'm not saying this to discourage you, I'm just saying this so that you're aware and aren't being fed false/sugar coated information about what you're up against.

But there are going to be people open minded enough to have their opinions change, and there's also all those people you'll meet in the future who have yet to meet you.
So even if some people might dig their heels in and refuse to see you differently after you attempt/succeed in being a better person, there will always be others who are willing to welcome you with open arms.

Yes just cutting people off and being cold might be the easy solution... for now.
But trust me, that's short term gain in exchange for long term consequence.
By doing that you slowly decay/destroy your own social life, you lose relations, you being isolated, you grow to become bitter about things.
Where what started as simply trying to remove yourself from nasty individuals turns you into that same nasty individual who now even struggles to find joy out of simple things.

You're better off finding something/one that makes you happy, and sticking with that. Using it to remind you that there is good, and that you don't need to shield yourself against everything.
The bolded bit was all that anyone was trying to say, so I don't see why there's any issue with it. Really, just that bolded part there also seems to be operating under the logic of "the majority says it, so it's probably true", but we all have the necessary context to know that none of us are trying to say that that applies to everything in life -- only that it might be worth looking into in a scenario like this.
If the bolded part is people's message then there's no disagreement.
But too often I've seen people say such a thing, but then legitimately think they were right because they had the most people on their side (that, or they felt having the majority of people meant they didn't owe making a proper reason/argument). And that's something I try to curb early when I see it expressed online, because sometimes they mean in realistically enough, other times they really are supporting crowd mentality but their way of wording of it is almost dead on the same. So it's worth the clarification in advance, especially in area's like this where when people utter that line the person asking for help could easily get on the defensive and feel like everyone's ganging up on them.

Though it should also be noted there is difference in saying "If the majority is saying X than that suggests there's something going on" vs "If the majority says X then that means they're right".

Reactions: Hana
Realistically, people shouldn't complain about things out of their control.

That's interesting to me. I think that realistically, people should. You mean to tell me that you've never had to go outside and it being like a million degrees and you didn't complain once? Because I know that I'm constantly like "WTF????!!! WHY IS IT SO GOD DAMN HOT!!!! SUN!!!! CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!! DX"

Sure it won't change the weather, but complaining is a form of venting, and people vent to feel better. So although it won't change the weather, it reduce your stress/whatever.

On to the fun part.
So you know you're salty, but do you know why though? If you ever wanna feel better and stuffs, then you're probably gonna have to find the why, then connect some dots, and determine which path you want to/can go down. Sure you can stay super salty about everything, but I have a feeling that you really don't want to be anymore, or at least you're tired of all the conflicts and want some peace (which I can relate to a bit) in which case,

you'll probably want to start fresh in a way. Cut everyone you think relates to the problem (passivly/subtly. Just in case a few of them may be goodies) and try to blend in and adapt with different social groups. (I'm not saying change yourself for others, but become the 'you' you want to be, and eventually you're bound to find those people that you'll get along with super well ^^ Or maybe those new people can make you feel better and stuff, never know till it's tried.

and sorry if what was said was a bunch of nonsense and doesn't apply in the slightest, you didn't give much detail/working room. >.< Yeah you said it's a rant and not a search for advice anymore, but I have a feeling to post it up anyway, weather it's for you or another reader, so yeah ^^

"Give some soppy after-school-special piece of shit"

I don't know why, but I laughed hard.

I can answer my own title with one word: yes. There is a whole list - which I shall not divulge here - of things that I do/am that people hate or that I can't stand. Most of these can't be helped, and I would say I'm sorry, but consider this:

I REALISE I AM A BITCH! Thank you very much but I don't need people to remind me every time I say something they don't like. But let's say that I hang out with a certain person for about 5 hours a day and they want to hurt me. I live with myself for 24 hours a day... Do the math :P

Realistically, people shouldn't complain about things out of their control. I heard someone go on about how the weather ruined their fishing afternoon... FOR TWO FRICKING HOURS! Not even fishing trips take that long.

I've gotten to the point where I have a blanket statement that I give as advice to most people now: "get over it, you sackless piece of shit." Gee, I wonder why I have no friends.

This was originally meant to be a request for advice, but I know that no one here - or anywhere - could truly fix me, as then I would be someone else. Therefore, this is now a rant.
What I think you are missing here is Empathy.

People complain about things they can't control because they get excited about doing what they are passionate about and when something spoils that for them, they feel sad. Everybody has a the right and should always have the right to express themselves.

Due to past experience, how they were raised and the examples given to children & people through their surroundings all differ to make each individual unique in their way of dealing with stress, no matter how minor or majour; yet those feelings still count. Everybody feels pains and because of that, we as humanity are legion.

In any circumstances, regardless of the fact whether you think you understand the truth about a person or whether you don't, to have the audacity to turn around to someone and say "Get over it," is cruel. I would identify it something similar to playground bullying.

Which leads me to understand that should you seek to put people down that way, then instead of focusing on others maybe you should focus on yourself. Whatever that has happened to you in your life to make you feel the need to step on others feelings, may you learn from it instead of turn those emotions that you also, feel so often into a spit ball of malice.

Ignoring the fact you classify this as a rant I now seek to advise you.

Treat others in the way that you would wish to be treated yourself. Should you on a bad day wish to be treated so, then remind yourself that you will. Look yourself in the mirror and remember what you really feel about yourself, your own problems and if they are too hard for you; find a shoulder to lean on. We all have bad days, all of us.

You can't fix people, they're not an object constructed in a tool shed; but you can wrap a cast around the broken wounds of their heart and remind them of the times they wanted to quit and pressed continue. That actually, they made it this far and so did you.

Instead of getting angry with others for freely stating their woes, think about you. State the urgency of your crisis and if you think you are alone, look again. EVERYONE can listen. Even the deaf will listen to you with their hands.

Instead of seeking to be fixed, seek to learn and remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.