Is there Any interest in Joss Whedons Firefly as an RP ?

Awinita

Edgebabby
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Prestige
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
sci-fi, modern, fantasy, mystery
**Meows of greetings*

A friend of mine recently let me borrow his copies of the core rules, and all the add on books he had {execept one which he was never able to get} and I found myself wondering, If there is any interest of such a game happening, I would love to either run it or take part in it.

However I am not sure of how it could work here unless it is its own realm as its called here ?

At this moment I am simply gauging interest, I am not sure if I will run it myself, and if i will run it, where, {I am torn between here, and proboards}, my main thing is, what would be included. Since I kinda figured out, timeline wise, that trhe events of the series, Castle, could fit into the Firefly universe easily since it took place on Earth, namely, Earth-That-Was is Firefly terms. I think it can work.... I think

Anyhow like its been mentioned, I'm just wondering how much interest in such an RP to be made, either on probards, or as a realm here, or if there is interest in it at all.

So Firefly is definitely one of my favorite shows in existence, but I'm a bit confused on what you're offering. Is it more like a regular RP thread or a D&D-esque game?

• Love
Reactions: Awinita and XIII
It wouldnt be a single RP thread no; It wouldnt even use dice either, I'd be using the books for inspiration and aid in fleshing out the 'Verse.

Like I mentioned though Im not sure if it'd be run here as a Realm or on Proboards as a dedicated game board with sections for each planet to make threads in

Though, I am glad to find fellow Firefly fans here

• OMG
Reactions: rissa
It wouldnt be a single RP thread no; It wouldnt even use dice either, I'd be using the books for inspiration and aid in fleshing out the 'Verse.

Like I mentioned though Im not sure if it'd be run here as a Realm or on Proboards as a dedicated game board with sections for each planet to make threads in

Though, I am glad to find fellow Firefly fans here
If yer planning on turning it into a realm, I'd get to work on creating a submission for WARP (Worldbuilding and Game Master Challenge)! It's a contest held somewhat annually towards the end of the year, where gamemasters go toe to toe creatively to win their own realm!

I will admit I'm still not entirely sure what your vision for it is, apologies though, eight hours on my feet in the heat got me feelin' dumby tonight :ashamed:

Well, I've always thought there was more to the story, more to the reasoning behind why the Allaince did what they did at Miranda, why they took in River, Things like that. Im pretty sure the Crew with Mal wasnt the only crew of smugglers and other not so nice and fine folk.

Point being, I feel there's more stories to tell in the 'Verse

Now when does this WARP thing you mentioned actually occur ? what is required exactly ?

• Creative
Reactions: rissa
Well, I've always thought there was more to the story, more to the reasoning behind why the Allaince did what they did at Miranda, why they took in River, Things like that. Im pretty sure the Crew with Mal wasnt the only crew of smugglers and other not so nice and fine folk.

Point being, I feel there's more stories to tell in the 'Verse

Now when does this WARP thing you mentioned actually occur ? what is required exactly ?
Not entirely sure when this year's WARP will drop, but I'll try and dredge up last years to give ya an idea of what it all entails! Gunna go eat dinner before I forget (again!), so expect that link in an hour or so. (If yer feeling adventurous and don't wanna wait on me, you could explore Iwaku's search feature for 'WARP' by member 'Astaroth' (WARP's creator!))