Interview with a Character #2

S

Shiny

Original poster
a_celebration_with_tea_by_teaphotography-d2y1yz5_zps1f421405.jpg

A dimensional traveler moves through time and space in pursuit of interesting beings. She wants nothing more than to sit down, have a chat, and ask a few questions over tea. She's a simple interviewer.
Why not let her have a chat with your character?

The idea of this is pretty simple. Choose a character of yours and answer the questions the way they would! This could be a good little practice for those trying to get into a character's brainy parts.

New: Want to use a character you already used for the last Interview thread? Well, you can! If you're re-using a character, just skip question #1. Simple, yeah?

Just as before, feel free to add follow-up questions or comments from the Interviewer. Have fun!

The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.

What's your favorite animal/creature? Why?

Tell me about something you're passionate about and why.

If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?

What do you think about the afterlife? Do believe in it, and the existence of the soul?

Is there something you desire more than anything?

[A man sits before the interviewer with all the patience in the world, even if that is perhaps a tad ironic of him. His expression is one of a gentleness that most people nowadays lack, his emotions he wears not upon his sleeve but rather bluntly in the depths of his chocolate brown gaze. His hair is short and dark. His skin is a dark olive, tanned from spending his summer under the sun. His smile could melt your heart, and he often smiles in his own as calm and warm as a summer breeze way. And yet there is an underlying sadness about his whole demeanor - a subtle depression. He is definitely a man with a somber secret or two.]

Tell me about yourself.
I guess to answer that properly I would have to ask you "which self?" If you're interested in the self sitting before you right now, then I suppose that's fine, even if these answers will soon change. My name is Joshua. Just...Joshua. My friends call me Josh. I've been an employee and patron of the Green Thorne Bed & Breakfast for over a year and a half now. It's my home - the only true home I've had since leaving my first one a long time ago. I love cooking, especially for my part-time boss and full-time lover. If you couldn't tell, they're the same man. Yes, man. Cooking is my passion and main job for the B&B but I do other odd jobs like maintenance and yardwork. Anything else you'd like to know?

That's easy. Cats are intelligent, manipulative, and believe it or not loyal. I had a pet cat for a while. He's beautiful, you know. Silky black fur, pink irises. And he struts around with such elegance and confidence. At the time I thought he was just an ordinary stray black cat with a strange eye color mutation but...haha. Let's just say he belonged to someone else so now I'm without. Actually, I love birds too. There's a bird here at the B&B. His name is Gandalf and we seem to get along really well. Probably because I refill his feed dish?

Cooking. I love cooking so much. When I'm in the kitchen, it's my alone time. Cooking is creating. I'd rather create than destroy. Beginning something is always easier than ending it, don't you think? Ah, I'm getting off topic here... The smiles and satisfied faces when my cooking is being judged is such a wonderful feeling. I like making people happy through food.

The past. I would travel back in time. I would do things differently... Actually, maybe I wouldn't, because then I wouldn't have ended up here at the B&B. Perhaps I would rather just stay here forever, even if that's impossible.

What do you think about the afterlife? Do believe in it, and the existence of the soul?
...Yes. Yes, I believe in the existence of the soul. [Joshua's smile seems to falter as he says this. The somber atmosphere thickens a little. His gaze has settled on a random background object, or possibly nothing at all, but it does not change the fact that he now looks, for lack of a better word, heartbroken.] I was taught long ago that there was no afterlife, only reincarnation. So in essence, the afterlife is all around us.

[His hesitation is crystal clear. The question has obviously struck a chord. It is a full minute before he finally replies, his voice rather meek now.] To keep lying to him. To keep lying to myself. Forever. But that desire is unobtainable.

The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.
Jai sits down at the table and looks at the tea cups and then quickly looks away again. He stares at the interview for a moment. "I'm Jai. Jai Kingston. I'm a mechanic. I work on cars. Uhm. Uh. I-" He pulls out a boxy little smartphone and checks the messages. "That was my boss, Andrew. I work for him. Cars. About me... Well my Dad was a mechanic until he died and my Mom was a painter. I got family I don't know up north. North eastern America. Like Maine, I think." Jai's pocket buzzes and he silences the phone and looks up again. "Sometimes I hate that man."

What's your favorite animal/creature? Why? "Cats, I think. I don't like animals that much but cats seem pretty okay. I mean, puppies are cute. Dogs are great but... I don't know. I don't really do pets. Now like undomesticated animals or like mythical things? Because then I don't know... I mean, wolves are cool but they are really over done." Jai shifts and looks a little bored, one hand stroking his temple in thought. "Unicorns are pretty girly. I'm not girly. ... Does Orlando Bloom count as a mythical creature? Because him. Orlando Bloom is my favorite mythical creature."

Tell me about something you're passionate about and why. Jai sits up and a grin spreads across his face, his hands settle on his knees and he leans forwards. "Cars! I love cars. Like I said, my Dad was a mechanic and from when I can remember I was reaching for his car which is now my car. I drive a 1970's Nissan Fairlady z s30. She's my baby. My heart and my soul. I love my car. I put my all into them. I can work with cars a lot better than I can work with their owners! It's like the only time I can really get along with my Boss is over the cars... The rest of the time I feel like he's barely tolerating me. He hired me for - ... Anyway. Not this question. But yeah cars. Cars. Engines. Racing. Vroom vroom baby."

If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why? Jai settles back into his chair and looks thoughtfully up at the ceiling. "Somewhere here? Not a time, I guess. I don't know. If I want to go somewhere I just have to find a reason to be there that involves Bossman Andrew and I get to go. Before Bossman came into my life... I guess I wanted to go to Tokyo and England."

What do you think about the afterlife? Do believe in it, and the existence of the soul? Jai stares in uncomfortable silence and gets out his phone and fidgets for a minute. "I think so... I mean. My parents are gone so I hope they are gone on somewhere and the soul... Yeah, I believe in the soul because... I don't know. I just know. I just know." He smiles a little. "Even Bossman has a soul."

Is there something you desire more than anything? "I wouldn't mind Bossman being a little bit less of an asshole... Just kidding! No. Not really. My boss is a dick but I think I almost like him sometimes. More than anything? I ... Really? I'd like to see the people in the drive by who killed my Mom in jail where they belong if they aren't there already."

Burning eyes of molten red gazed in slight surprise at the woman in front of him. "You want to interview me?" He laughed, high and light, dying down until it was just a wide smile, a little wild around the edges. "Well, this day just gets better and better!" Suddenly, the smile eft his features, and a hard serious tone came over him. He gripped the interviewer firmly by the shoulders. "This story never reaches Tae Ra." The interviewer nodded her consent, and the cheerful glee swept over the man again. He released his hold on her, moving to sit on the edge of his glider. "Well then, let's get this started. Just try not to bore me."

The interviewer clicked her pen, ready.
Tell me about yourself.

"Gah! You're boring me already." He flicked his fingers, a flash of silver sailing towards the interviewer. It just missed her head, sheering off a piece of her hair. "The next question better be an interesting one." A small quirk of his former smile tugged at his lips, the blonde man leaning forward. "Though now I am very intrigued. You asked for an interview without knowing who I am." He allowed himself another laugh. "Alright, I'll indulge you a little." The man rose from his sitting position to retrieve his thrown knife. "I am Lyth, son Cid, and crown prince of Tae Ra. At least, I would be, if my father wasn't trying to reform the government. I don't really care. Leading a whole people just isn't my thing. In fact, I'm rather good at causing kingdoms to crumble." He seemed particularly proud of that skill.

All the cheer fell from Lyth's face, giving the interviewer a cool glare. With a quickness only years of training could provide, he grabbed her wrist that was free of the pen, yanking her down to the ground. Without a word, he drove the knife through her hand, pinning her to the ground. Standing, he watched her squirm and scream for what must have been an eternity of pain. Eventually, she managed to pull the knife free from her hand, tossing it to the side. Clutching her bleeding hand, she shakily brought herself to her feet. Lyth was smiling again. "Next question?"

"Well that's a bit vague." Lyth commented, returning to his glider. He was quiet a moment. "You know, I really don't think I have anything I'm really passionate about." He turned back to the newly bandaged interviewer, giving her a small shrug of his shoulders. "I mean, I do a lot of different things, but its all just to stave off boredom. I wouldn't be too heartbroken if I couldn't do them anymore, as long as I was doing something fun." His brows furrowed, thinking about passion and what his might be. His face quickly dissolved back into a smile. "I guess the closest I get too is just how much I love hurting people!"

"Been everywhere, seen everything." His voice sounded flat, bored. "Its easy when you have a glider. It all sucks. Everything... But if I had to go anywhere, I guess it would be home." Lyth's red eyes went hard again, glaring harshly at the interviewer. "Let me remind you that none of this makes its way to Tae Ra." She quickly reassured the young blonde, who seemed to become quite cheerful again. "Right! Moving on then."

Lyth gave the interviewer an odd look. "What? Do you live under a rock or something?" At her blank look, the young man seemed quite surprised. "You've never heard of the Aeons?! You don't know about the Fayth!?" The interviewer shook her head. Lyth leant back, running a hand through his hair. "Geez, I don't even know how to begin... The Aeons are the creators of... of everything! Our connection to them is maintained by the Fayth. The Fayth must stay in the temples, and commune only with the summoners. They give up any semblance of a normal life for us." He waved his hands in front of his face, dismissive. "But that's not what you asked. The Aeons exist in a realm of pure energy, which they direct to give life, and collect again when something dies. Its a cycle of regeneration. There may be a soul, but its just how out energy expresses itself. We're all just energy."

Lyth grew very still and quiet, staring hard at the interviewer for a very long moment. He stood from his seat, moving forward, until he was an uncomfortably close distance from the woman. "The answer you're looking for is very personal, and one I do not share lightly. I'll tell you, because I agreed to this interview, but you will not record it. Pen down." The interviewer hesitated a moment, before setting her pen down to listen...

He sat down in the chair waiting for the person who called him here.A bit above average height he wore tinted glasses and dressed in the mourning colours of his people, black.He had a staff against the chair leaning against the wall it had skulls carved into it each ones eyes were precious stones.
(Oh this looks fun..)
Tell me about yourself.He watches her click the pen with faintly narrowed eyes behind his odd shaped tinted shades.He shrugs,"I'm a Mage."She frowns at his quite borderline criminal lack of detail and makes a "go on" gesture."To be precise," he continues."A necromancer. The latest in a long line of them all with the main goal of gathering knowledge of the various forms of magic.Each one has had there own reasons mine are my own for the moment and I'd like to keep it that way I hope you understand."He said and smiles a bit. He then is distracted humming a song that sounds vaguely like the old goldfish commercial tune.

The interviewer once again gains his attention of the possible mad man with her next question he smiles in response."Animal? I've always favored the raven.I think it was because of Hugin and Munin the ravens that flew around the world bringing the Norse god Odin information of the world. Such convenient creatures them."He seemed to be focusing a bit more as she asked questions which was probably good for them both.
"Knowledge, I'm fairly certain there is always more to learn."He said in response to this but decided to give the why this time after a moments contemplation.His eyes alight with this subject like a man talking about the addiction he was still on."Each bit of knowledge is treasure to be taken and studied.To be hoarded for oneself."He paused removing his glasses looking her in the eyes his gaze was cold and unsettling."After all..."He said softly."Knowledge is power."He finished with conviction.A man who had bedrock faith in that statement.
If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?At this he smiles back to his somewhat more cheerful self.As cheerful as a necromancer could get at least."That I'm not too sure about..A good question. I think the library of Alexandria before the burning. Countless books and knowledge was lost during its destruction.Who knows what ancient secrets it hid before then?"

"Oh yes I mean. I have too seeing as how I have seen many a ghost in my time.Excellent sources of information."He said and paused as though remembering something from long ago."In this dimension as I recall you are not from here yes?"He asked and she nodded so he continued."Here on this plane in order to become a necromancer one must come to a near death experience and visit the other side.There you must undertake a journey and..."He trails off looking distant rubbing his eyes."I shouldn't say anymore of that in case Sleepers read this. But I will say this about death it doesn't care who you are and doesn't play favorites.We can only hope for the best of whatever comes."He stops then as though finished."But that doesn't mean I won't try and cheat to get what is mine back."
Is there something you desire more than anything?He stares at her hearing the question but not answering right away.He was lost in thought for several moments it seemed and just as they were about to repeat the question he said softly"Yes.". He stood then and seemed to get his cold demeanor back."But I have my mission of knowledge seeking to keep my time." He offered a hand and shook hers when she took it placing her pen and pad down."A pleasure I suppose.Good luck on your journeys to meet new people. Perhaps my luck will let me find what I desire during mine."He grabbed the staff and strolled out of the room each step the staff clicked against the floor until the time the footsteps fade out forever.

As Pandora walks in to the restaurant were she is meeting this interviewer she takes in her soundings, its a nice place very light and airy. There are a lot of humans around and not for the first time in her life Pandora cant help but be pleased with the fact she is old enough that the enticing smells of all the blood around her isn't as intense as it was say 300 years ago. With that in mind she listened to the conversations around her and she notices the interviewer sat at a table at the far end of the room. well at least she has picked an area were we can freely talk with out any one over hearing Pandora thinks to herself as she walks over to the table.

"Hello I'am your 9pm interview i'am sorry i am late but well i have no reason its just what i do i like to make an entrance, is there any thing you would like before we start a drink? some thing to eat?"

The interview look at this woman standing in front of her and say's " no thank you i'am ok and thank you for agreeing to meet with me for this."

Tell me about yourself. Well i'am sure as you would already know my name is Pandora i am over 800 years of age and i am a vampire. yes i know what your thinking i don't look anywhere near that old well thank goodness for that it would be very hard to seduce my food if i did Pandora cant help but giggle to her self at the look on the interviews face. Well i was turned in the late part of the 15th century when life was very different. i lived in a small community just outside of Rome, I was very luck to be from a wealthy family my father was what you would call the lord of the land. So yes i was a rich brat for the start of my life but that all changed on my 21st birthday.

I remember like it was yesterday day father came in to m room "I have found you a husband" he bellows i can hear the strain in his voice as this would be the 6th man he had tried to mach me with.As i am sure your well aware it was very uncommon of a young lady of my age to be un-married and with out children. I came out of my bathroom and said "Oh papa not this i am not ready i don't want what other women want i like to be free and like the bird open my wings and fly away" "NOT THIS TIME PANDORA YOU WILL DO AS I SAY OR YOU ARE DEAD TO ME" he shouts he never raised his voice ever so i take a deep breather and i nod to him to say i will meet the man he has found me.
Any way i got on very well with Tibus he was kind and understood i liked my own space, so i said yes to marrying him.
On our wedding well night as it was my favorite time of day, i was in my room being dressed by my 2 maids when all of a sudden we could hear raised voices and screaming coming from down stairs in the main hall.I ran to see what was happening. That's when i saw the most handsome man i had ever meet his eyes shone red from the blood on the floor but i could still see all his features as if he was standing in a pool of light.
Well needles to say he had heard of me and had been paying attention to me and he liked the fact i wanted to be my own person and do my own thing so when he had heard about me finally getting married he went mad with rage and came to stop me.
As i stood there looking at him and him at me i knew in that moment i would follow him to the ends of the earth and back if he so i asked. I took a steep to him and next thing i know i am being thrown over his shoulder and carried away from everything i have ever know.
Well i am sure you can guess what happened i became a bride of the night,We lived for many years/decades happily, Until one day he left and never came back so i had to take care of my self .By this point i was use to my powers and i could stand to be in the light of the sun for a short period of time so i integrated my self in to the time and have been doing as for as long as i can remember.

What's your favorite animal/creature? Why? My favorite animal has to be the cheater i like big cats but the cheater is my favorite because they are quick and intelligent and they look like they have eyeliner around there eyes, they are beautiful and graceful.

Tell me about something you're passionate about and why. I'am passionate about a lot of things but mainly i like to rid this world of evil do's such as rapists murders of the innocent and the scum that seam to pollute this lovely ever changing world.

If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why? There is not really anywhere i have not been mind you one of theses day i will go back and see what happened to my home land. It's not something i have done as the emotions it will bring up may just send me on a killing spree, that wouldn't be good for anyone anywhere.

What do you think about the afterlife? Do believe in it, and the existence of the soul? I believe there is an afterlife.I'am not sure if i will ever get there but i do like to think that the humans i have known have gone on somewhere and maybe there soul will be re-born so i get to meet them all over again.

Is there something you desire more than anything? Not really i have lived my life a thousand times over and i enjoy life i am not one of these vampires who wishes it would just end eternity to me is a wonderful thing i like to see what humans come up with and how they grow and evolve.

The interviewer then stood and said "Thank you for your time it was a pleasure to meet you".
With that she left Pandora sat at the table in her own would and thinking about the things she has seen and done. Pandora smiles to her self and walks up tho the bar and ask's for a shot of the strongest whiskey they have. its been along time since i have thought of my past but i am sure it will lay to rest one day.
The barman returns with her drink and she sits there contemplating her next move and thinking i am sure ill see that interviewer again at somepoint, she looks down at her drink know it will not affect her but still it smells so good.

Thinking to himself *I hate interviews but need the cash. Its not a lot but its easy cash I might as well get this over with*
As Scrubz enters the shipwrecked inn he looks around for the woman who is meant to be doing this interview. She was sitting in one of the booths with her pen paper and voice recorder.
*Great, she going to record my voice as well” Sarcastically he thought
“Hey George, Usual please” He said to the barman. Scrubz been here quite a few times and his hair and tallness stands him out. George passes his drink “Thanks and keep the change”
He walks over to the woman shall we get this started then.

Tell me about yourself.

Well I’ve been a captain of my ship Blue Diamond for many and many of years. In the early days though me and my crew ran in trouble with other vampires, I got turned by them and lost half of my crew that day. Luckily enough we escaped, but my blood lust control was terrible and for 7 months I was on a blood hunt. My crew finally got me back to my semi-normal self. 1000 years later something happened but quite sure how I Start dimension/time shifting and it’s out of my control it happens at the worst time for myself but I get up and start again the amount of times it happens you get used to it.

The Humpback Whale. The amount of times I’ve seen them swimming next to Blue. They’re brilliant The size of them. I ride them occasional when I get the chance. It’s an awesome feeling.

The open seas. I just love how you can’t predict it. On
e time its calm the next you getting thrown one side and thrown the other side. Then soon as it comes, it disappears.

The Bottom of the sea. My body can’t take the pressure and I’d like to explore to see whats down there from the fish to what treasures might lye beneath.

I don’t know I’ve seen too much. I believe all is possible because no one can prove it or disprove it. I don’t really think about it.

Yea stop dimension/time shifting.

With that over he thought *That wasn't to bad"

Tell me about yourself.

"Ah... yes," Ame sat before the Interviewer, twiddling her fingers nervously. She wasn't used to speaking to people so directly to people, let alone strangers. "I'm Murasaki, Ame... it's... a gloomy name, I've been told." She wraps her fingers around the cup of tea, looking down at the drink as her long hair hangs, covering much of her face. "But I like it... I guess." She looks around shyly, unsure of what to say next, "I'm a student here, at Kazeyama... 3rd year. And... I have this power. I can move things with my mind... sometimes, I can read minds. B-but I don't try to, or anything... it's an invasion of private thoughts."

"Umm... cats, probably. I like them.... There's a stray that lives on campus, a pretty grey one." Ame smiles just a little, "It's nice, and lets me pet it. Sometimes I feed it, too. ...I like birds, as well. They fly freely... and go wherever they want."

"...I like to paint, and draw. And I've started sculpting with clay. ...I guess those can be called passions, right? I... really like it. When I work on a piece, I don't... have to worry about anything. Not school, or other people... or my powers."

"Anywhere...? Ahh..." she stares out the window, "I've never thought about it.... I guess, I'd want to go somewhere up high, like the birds. Ah, I'd love to go into one of those hot air balloons. I wonder what it's like, to feel you're part of the sky...."

"I've seen spirits here, on campus," she shivers at the thought. "Ghost are scary.... But, they're real, so there must be souls. I guess that means there must be an afterlife, too. But, I don't know... I never really think about it." she shifts nervously in her chair.

"Umm... I don't know." She pauses to think, "I think I'd be happy... if I wasn't afraid of my own powers anymore. Sometimes... no, a lot of the time, I wish I didn't have them at all..."

I have recently really started to have an affection for over sized house cats! Especially ones that can eat ex boyfriends.

I am passionate about MUSIC! I love music! It's probably something that has always been a big part of my life, so when I got involved in the music business it was a dream come true.

I think I want to go to Venice. Touring the city streets in a boat seems really cool.

As long as I don't end up in hell with my Ex-Bosses, I think I'll be okay!

I really, really want D to make me a piece of baklava right about now. In fact, if you'll excuse me, I think my boyfriend owes me dessert!

A cold chill wisps through the air of the room. Like something evil is coming forth. Through the wall phases a young, ghastly girl. Her skin is chilled blue, as are her facial features like her nose, lips, and ears seem slightly frost bitten. Her chestnut brown bangs hang in her eyes. She floats delicately over to the open chair and sits atop it, or so it seems as if she's sitting. A bright smile comes across her face and she moves her bangs away from her eyes, revealing a peaceful looking face. She awaits as the interviewer begins the questionnaire.

The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.

The girl nodded politely at the interviewer and answered. "My name is Alaina Verbeck. A few weeks, maybe months, ago, I actually followed my brother into this room. However, I didn't say much. He also still doesn't seem to notice my presence..." Alaina trailed off slightly, but then continued "Anyways, I was... I was..." Alaina paused trying to remember how old she'd been when she was still alive. "Oh yes! I was.... No... That's not right.." Alaina stopped, conflicted with her thoughts.
"I'll get back on that ma'am, this hair color is my natural color! I've never dyed it once. My brother dyed his, I don't understand why though... Anywho, oh yes! I remember I died at the age of eleven! How could I have forgotten? Guess it's been some years considering right now I would technically be..fourteen! Three years younger than Asher! Hehe!" Alaina smiled inwardly to herself.
"I've always been very intelligent, at least that's what my teachers always told me. I was in the advanced classes during school. My parents didn't reward me much, however. I think they could have really cared less what I did with my life. However that was them. They did occasionally praise me for my efforts in schooling, but then they'd always turn over to Asher and scold him for his grades. They were crude and violent.. But it's fine. Please, carry on." Alaina smiled warmly at the woman.

Alaina kept her bright smile upon her ghost-face and answered "Well, I'd always been very fond of large cats. Such as lions, cheetahs, and leopards. You know, things like that. I like them so much probably because they are graceful and elegant, yet fierce and powerful." Alaina answered sure of her answer.

"Well, I was quite passionate about my brother, and my grades. See my grades had to be good so that I could make something out of my white-trash life." Alaina giggled solemnly to herself at her own comment. "And my brother because he did care for me. Even if he blames himself for my death, I love him very much." Alaina finished.
"Next please?"

Alaina thought briefly on this question. Anywhere in the world that she wanted to go, huh?
"...I'd most likely enjoy going to a beach. It doesn't matter where. Even if the beach of a lake, I'd be very content. I've never been to one during my lifetime and I'm busy watching after brother to go in my current state. So if I could go anywhere, it'd be a beach. Maybe more preferably the beach to an ocean..." Alaina let out a soft sigh at the thought of a beach. A luxury Alaina, nor Asher, had never been acquainted with as a child.

Alaina let out a soft laugh. "Well, I can't say that I don't, I am here right now as a ghost, one could say. I always thought that there was something. Maybe not necessarily God and such. I figured there was some sort of after life people went to after they died. Then after someone died, after a certain amount of time, they simply came back. Only they were reborn as someone else. Anyone could have been anyone. I could have been a boy in my past life. Or maybe a woman wrestler," Alaina chuckled quietly at the silly thought "the possibilities are endless." Alaina paused thinking back to the day she'd died.
"When it happened, I.. I don't think I realized I was going to die. It never occurred to me that something so horrid could occur with such ease. I know Asher didn't mean it. We just shouldn't have been out on that pond. I told him no, but.. He'd gone ahead at the time and I simply followed him." Alaina could remember the day so clearly. "We were fooling around and he got too rough, Asher ended up shoving me onto the thin ice and I..." Alaina awaited the woman's next question.

Alaina stared at the woman, curious about the question she'd just received. Certainly one would know that any premature deceased person would want nothing more than to return to life and finish what was started.
"I just hope.. That Asher can become happy and prosperous in his future. I will stay watching over him, assist him in his decisions and actions. I just want his life to be the best it could be for him." Alaina smiled sadly at the interviewer.

When the woman seemed to be finishing up her notes, Alaina floated from the chair nimbly.
"Thank you for listening to a dead girl's words. May you fare well." Alaina turned and floated back the way she came. The water droplets that had dripped off of her from earlier and all while she had been sitting on the chair disappeared along with her. Leaving no trace of her being there.

The interviewer finished scribbling down the last bit as Alaina had left. She took off her coat that she had subconsciously put on within Alaina's chilly presence. Letting out a sigh, she knew there'd be all sorts of people showing up for these quick interviews she had laid out, she'd even expected a few ghosts. She replaced the untouched cup of tea with fresh, warm tea and awaited the next visitor.

Phew another long one! I love these so much! I hope there are more soon! Maybe I'll go re-do the others as my other characters! These are absolutely entertaining!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me about yourself.

"I am Shardis a snow leopard felleon of the land Pegulis of Sunnepheia...." She puffs up in pride and then looks at the interviewer in a puzzled manner and deflates a bit as the fellow waves her on to say more. Shar begins hesitantly,"Uhh.... I am covered in white fur with spots and have a long tail..." The interviewer smacks his forehead and moans while shaking his head then whispers. No no not that, tell them about what you do there... He waves at her again and nods in an expectant but hurried way... "Oh! I am an in field archaeologist and I look for artifacts from the great Cataclysm." She nods and smiles.

"It would probably be the Unguis or the Aquarial, one lives in fresh water and the other is found in oceans. The reason is they both can swim. I can't, I sink like a $#@&* stone. Sad really, it looks like fun, swimming ((sigh))."

"Oh! That would be my work! It's very important to me. Mostly because I was raised to it. My parents were both famous archaeologists and were known all over Sunnepheia for their work. It's important to continue their work. Besides it's very exciting!" Shardis nods emphatically. "It is very wild country we go around in and you never know when a bear or something is going to try to eat you." She laughs out loud.

"Hmmm... well to be honest, I just don't know. I have been to alot of places already." Shrugging, Shar shifts in her seat and puts an elbow on the arm of the chair and then puts her face on her fist. Then she lights up and says, "I know! I would like to see Elysia before the Cataclysm, to see what it was like to live in a perfect world."

"Sure I believe! yep, all peoples on Sunnepheia believe in souls and the afterlife." She laughs again, "It's just silly to ask, because we see them...our souls, every day! Our aenigmaes go with us where ever we go....He is outside the room, and he better stay that way for this interview." Shardis looks left and right to make sure her aenigmae, Garthon, isn't hiding somewhere ready to pop out and ruin the interview.

"I have always wanted to go to one of those special bathing houses. Where they brush your fur for you and trim it if needed and even massage your achy muscles! It sounds like fun, I am usually out in the wilderness or just too busy to do that and just take a quick snow bath and brush myself. But it does sound wonderful!"

Leon took a sip on his tea. "Something else you want to ask me?" He asked politely.

Ah, basilisks. Even one look could kill you. They would give me the adventure of my life.

-"They don't exist captain."

Are you sure? You said the same thing about sirens and they almost killed you. I got a treasure map in Al qua, the treasure is said to be guarded by a basilisk. What about going there next? I would love to see if the legend is true or not.

It's not a secret what I'm passionated about, adventures, risking my life just to live on the edge. Why? Because that's the only time I can truly feel alive. I don't understand it myself, but something about the danger makes me feel reborn, as if I will never be able to die. It is my personal fountain of youth, even though it only works in my mind and not on my body haha.

I can already go anywhere on earth, I am discovering the world little by little, day by day. But if I could go anywhere I wanted, some place I shouldn't be able to reach, then it would be the bottom of the sea. Ever heard of the sunken city Atlantis? That's where I want to go. See what no man has seen for ages. If only I could grow gills.

That's such a serious question, I like living here and now. I never think about death because it is in the future. I'm content with getting to know what exists after this when I'm dead, and I won't waste my time alive on such depressing thoughts.

Well, there is something.... Nah, it's stupid.. ... But if... *deep breath* I would want to travel the world, go on adventures and have my best friend beside me during all times. But, I couldn't put him in such a danger. It's better if he stays safe and sound in town, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if he got hurt.

(continuation on Archer's and Aisha's interview)
"What's your favorite animal/creature? Why?"

"Something cute and fluffy and very cuddly, like a rabbit." Aisha answered. "I simply love adorable little animals, at least as long as they're harmless. They can make you feel better when you're sad and sometimes they're better company than most of your friends." She finished and gave a small look in Archer's direction.
"What? I'm a good friend." Archer defended himself before turning towards the interviewer. "I like strong animals, animals that no one would think about ridicule. Like a rhino. Who would ever mess with a rhino?"

"What's a rhino?" Aisha asked slightly confused.

"An animal from a continent we don't know exists yet. It won't be discovered during our lifetime either, so don't worry your little head with that."
He smirked and drank his coffee.

"How do you know about that animal then?" She didn't give up too easily.

"I might or might not have met a time traveler in my younger years." He hinted. "Next question."

"Tell me about something you're passionate about and why."

"Any man I've ever met." Archer said with a wink before Aisha hit him in the back of his head.
"Don't be an idiot." She scolded him. "My answer is books. They take you to a whole new world, tell you things you might never even have imagined, teach you things you thought were impossible."
"And bore people to death before they're done with half of it." Archer commented rudely. "Want to explore a whole new world? Get a horse and go. It's not hard and much more entertaining than sitting hooked up in a room pretending to be somewhere exciting."

"If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?"
"I can go anywhere one earth if I so pleased. No one can stop me from doing what I want. Except maybe Tal. But if I had to decided, then I would choose a place beyond earth. Somewhere far across the known world. Where I do not know, but any exciting place is good enough for me." Archer replied in his strange way.
"I don't have a special place I wish to go to, but I have dreamed of traveling the seas. Just for a little while. Seeing the world from a whole new perspective. It just sounds.... Amazing. But I wouldn't dare to do that all alone, and Tal probably won't quit his job just to follow me out on the sea. But I'm not sad over it. You can't get everything you wish for. Traveling on land is good enough." Aisha let out a small sigh without even realizing it.

"What do you think about the afterlife? Do believe in it, and the existence of the soul?"
"Of course I do believe in a soul. And an afterlife most certainly exists. What else would there be? I don't know what's beyond this life, but there has to be something." She shrugged her shoulder slightly as she didn't have much to say about that. They couldn't know before they were there after all.
"Like what? A heavenly bliss for all the good little angels and the rest gets to burn for all eternity? Sounds a little extreme." Archer said with a chuckle. "I think we'll disappear once we're done here. And no one will be more happy than me over that. I wouldn't be able to handle an eternity, especially if I didn't get to have sex."
"One, I didn't say that. Two, you're disgusting." Aisha pointed out. "I don't believe there will be a punishment. Enlightenment maybe. But we won't know before we actually die. And I'm in no hurry for that."

"Is there something you desire more than anything?"
"Oooh, my desire is a ..."
"Shut up. Whatever you're going to say will be revolting, disgusting or immature."
"You don't even know what I'm going to say."
"I can imagine, and I rather not confirm my thoughts."
"Common, I'm not that bad. Just let me tell you." Archer had crept closer and almost whispered into her ear.
"No, no, no, no, no, no, no! I'm telling Tal about this." She backed away from him.
"Common Aisha, you don't have to do that."
"Shut up you revolting creature of sexual inappropriateness" Aisha started to move towards the door.
"That's a bit cruel isn't it? Come back here." Archer told her as he followed, far too amused by the situation. That was a question the interviewer would never get an answer on.

(Continuation of Kellen/Tal)

"Hmm..." Kellen and Tal were silent for several moments while they thought. "I would have to say the possum. They are actually quite cute and have a rather clever survival tactic."

Tal eyed the other man, sure that this was yet another attempt to taunt him but he wasn't quite sure he was getting it and that was bothering him greatly. "Well, My favorite animal would be the panther. Beautiful silent hunters, much like myself."

"Aisha." Kellen said immediately and Tal put a hand over his face, making an annoyed sigh. Tal wasn't even getting angry at this point, he was stuck somewhere between annoyed and exhausted. "I kid. I kid." Kellen added with a grin. "Books, honestly. There are so many things you can do with books and they are fountains of knowledge. And as they say, knowledge is power."

Tal frowned and squinted his eyes at the other man, fairly sure he had just gotten an important clue. He filed it away for later and focused on the question. "Something I'm passionate about? Killing Kellen." He smiled sweetly at the other man. "Oh, but I kid." He said in exactly the same tone that Kellen had. "I am passionate about..." Tal actually had a hard time coming up with something. His life revolved around 3 things mainly: sex, killing and luxury. And while he would get passionate with all of these things, he was not passionate about any of those things. Finally, the simple answer occured to him and he chuckled softly, ashamed of himself for taking so long to think of it. "I am passionate about my art. My sword is my constant companion and in my hand she makes beauty. Between the two of us there is nothing we cannot handle." His tone was absolutely reverent as he spoke of his sword.

"I would go to the farthest possible point away from-" Tal paused and glanced at Kellen, having almost forgotten about the other man in his revere over his sword. "I would go across the ocean to new lands to explore and build a new reputation for myself." He tilted his head. "Or see if mine already proceeds me." He chuckled darkly.

"I would go to Aisha's hometown, so I could meet her wonderful family." Kellen smiled as Tal groaned from behind the couch. That was the problem with cover stories that were entirely involved in seducing someone, they tended to revolve around that person.

Tal got a decidedly strange expression on his face. "Belief and knowledge are unfortunately two different things...What I know I sometimes wish I didn't."

Kellen raised an eyebrow, giving Tal a curious look. What on earth was that supposed to mean. "Well...up until this moment I didn't really believe in any of it." He glanced from the interviewer to Tal. "Now however I do wonder..."

"I won't answer this question while he is in the room." Tal declared. He didn't mind talking about himself to someone safe but Kellen did not fall under the category of 'safe'.

Kellen chuckled and stood up. "Well, it has been fun Taliesin dear. I look forward to seeing more of you in the future." Kellen strode casually out of the room without any protest, he had had his fun.

Tal waited another minute, listening to the footsteps go down the hall before he turned to the interviewer and spoke. "What I desire more than anything is for Aisha to go home, or at least be somewhere safe and far away from me." He sighed and ran a hand over his face. "She so easily brings my old self back. The one I tried so hard to bury when I ran away. I mean honestly, why else would someone become an assassin if they were not intending to transform themselves so thoroughly that there was no hint of the past left behind? But she wants him for some reason and it's completely messing up who I have become. I honestly don't know which way is up half the time when I'm around her." He suddenly broke the serious mood with a cheeky grin. "After all, you try being two people at once. It's harder than it sounds."

Paris took a sip on his tea as he kept listening to the interviewers next question.

"What's your favorite animal/creature? Why?"
"Birds." He answered without hesitation. "More specifically, any bird that can fly. Falcons, eagles and hawks are my favorites, but birds in general just makes me happy. It's definitely their ability to fly and the freedom given to them by that ability. I'm quite envious. I wish I had wings like them."

"Tell me about something you're passionate about and why."
"Magic." Paris replied. "It's such a taboo simply because it's practiced by the country my people sees as barbarians. I wish they could stop being so narrow minded and give Adrian's folk a chance. They might not be interested in technology, but that doesn't make them uncivilized. On top of that, magic actually gives them the ability to stand side by side with my people because they can use it just in the same way we use machines. We fly with airplanes, they fly with magic. Oh.. Sorry, I might have gotten a bit too passionated about these things sometimes. I ramble far too much."

"If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?"
"I would visit Adrian's country. I wish to meet his brother, and see how his people live, and I also hope to understand more about his culture." The prince answered. But as he didn't believe he would ever get there if his mother got to decide, he left out further details. Better not plan something that wouldn't happen.

"What do you think about the afterlife? Do believe in it, and the existence of the soul?"
For this questions, the prince had to think for a while. He pondered and pondered on it until he thought he had a decent enough reply. "I believe in what I can see, feel, smell, hear, sense and experience. Sadly death isn't something living beings can experience and come back from unharmed. In the instances people have come back, they usually have no recollection of an afterlife. When they claim they remember something, it's very easy to find explanations in the moments before death, thus making the claim slightly unbelievable. I won't know before I'm dead, and I have no hurry into it. I will believe whatever I experience once I'm on the other side, if it even exists."

"Is there something you desire more than anything?"
Once again he had to stop himself to think about it for a few moments. "I do wish I got more freedom, at least in my own kingdom. While I do understand that people might be after my life, I do still believe that I should get to see my country instead of being locked up in a castle. It's important to show your subjects that you're one of them... And to get some fresh air from time to time."

Sasha Keren

"Oh, it's you." Sasha blinks at the interviewer, wary of her presence. "Ah, I know what you're here for. You want to interview me again, right? I guess that's fine. It's not like I have anything better to do." He shrugs and sits down with her.

"My favorite animal? I guess if I had to say, it would be a dog. I remember liking them when I was little, had a stuffed one I played with a lot. But dogs are loyal creatures, natural pack animals. They won't turn on you unless they get rabies, they won't ditch you or leave you hanging, and they're always there waiting to greet you when you get home. They are man's best friend, after all."

"Passion... is a tricky subject. The only passion I ever really express is in the bedroom. Eheheh. Not that you needed to know that. Besides sex, I would say I'm passionate about philosophy and psychology. It's interesting to figure out what makes people tick, how the mind works. It's really quite fascinating stuff. You get to know people without the trouble of actually talking to them... Ironic, huh?"

"France. Flat out, no contest. Have you ever been? It's gorgeous there. It's quiet and peaceful. I have family there - the one part of my family that doesn't bother me relentlessly. Although.. If I did move out there, they probably would bother me... Maybe I should rethink this?"

"Wait, seriously? Um.. I think that people like to believe in something greater than themselves, that there is a life after death. It gives them comfort from the idea of the possibility of there being nothing but, say, blackness. Nothing but wandering in eternal loneliness or being forgotten or something like that. I can't say that I believe in it myself, or the soul. I'm not really a man of faith. But I suppose only time and a near-death experience, if not death itself, will answer that question for certain."

"That depends. Do you mean right now? Or ever? If right now, then yes - sex. I can't say why, but I'm kind of aroused at the moment. If ever, then perhaps satisfaction in life or success. Maybe to be able to retire to France.. away from where my family lives."

Last edited:
Gretch, out of place under the microscope, sat somberly with his legs square and proper, his arms dropped lifelessly and with his skinny eyes compressed like emerald prints wedged into his flesh. Could be a set-up, he thought as pupils rolled and prodded at the pristinely vacant ambiguity of the hollow space.

"Tell me about yourself." The twenty-something's body jolted in the chair as the voice-unseen split his pensive font like a crack of lightning. When he calmed, he did so quickly and accommodatingly . "My name's Gretchen Cross: I've been for twenty-three years, five months and eleven days."

"What's your favorite animal/creature? Why?" One eye closed; he speculated. Gretch muttered, "She moves on quickly," to himself before a quirky, stifling grin leapt up and snatched up his jaw. "I was in The Military, once," he started, his eyes zipping east-to-west in recall. "Spent a lot of time in the desert; not much variety there---in the desert, I mean---But were I to name a 'favorite', it would be the buzzard, and I think for obvious reasons: makes clean-up a lesser chore."

"Tell me about something you're passionate about and why." "Now I'm The Buzzard. I'm passionate about that."

"If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?" "Oh," he chirped with dollop of intrigue. Gretch pinched one eye closed and rolled the visible remainder up. He said simply, "Iceland, because I know nothing about it."

"What do you think about the afterlife? Do believe in it, and the existence of the soul?" "I believe that we cannot all be so random and foolish without some wonky mechanic: is it the soul, or is it chemistry? Wrong guy to ask."

"Is there something you desire more than anything?" "Eating Lunch at 3:15."

Tell me about yourself.

"Right, about myself" he says, taking a conservative sip of his tea and fishing a hand rolled cigarette out from his shirt pocket "The name's Vincent Byrne. I'm 28 years old, happily married" he pauses briefly to flick his silver Zippo open, lighting the end of his square and taking an exaggerated drag. He hated this sort of thing, always made him nervous to be in the spotlight like this. "I do research for ZTech, mostly crunching numbers and taking out the trash when necessary" he says through a puff of smoke, smirking at this point "I love my job and wouldn't trade it for the world. When I'm there, in my lab coat, staring at a computer screen, I feel alive you know? Like there's some.. purpose in life. The cold, harsh truths of reality and insignificance melt away in the monotony. Sometimes, I like to.. Ah, I'm rambling. Next"

"I don't like animals." he said plainly, a slight roll of his eyes as he ashes his cigarette in his empty tea cup "Next."

"My job, haven't you been listening?" he asked with a quirk of his eyebrow, more amused than irritated "Next."

"Space" he said, taking another drag and tilting his head so he was looking straight at the ceiling, exhaling smoke "It is the final frontier, after all. But all jokes aside, I can't think of any place more peaceful. I've had the opportunity to go only once and I absolutely loved it" he stares back at his interviewer "Next."

"I think it's a ridiculous concept and absolutely not" lightly tapping a finger with his free hand on the table, Vincent replies hastily and with nonchalance "Next."

"The same thing we all desire; to be content" he says without skipping a beat "Now if we're done here, I'm a very busy man"

Rachelle Rowen
Anime-girl-with-black-hair-and-purple-eyes-10.jpg

Tell me about yourself.

What's your favorite animal/creature? Why? My favorite animal. She looked at her familiar. Ah that is easy. A Raven. The reason is well unlike some I don't think there evil but wise. I also find them mysterious. They just don't seem like other animals or creatures.

Tell me about something you're passionate about and why. Something I'm passionate about. Hmm.. Well I am passionate about learning, writing, my art work, and learning new spells. The reason is there is always something new to learn why not be fascinated and passionate about it? So I guess it just makes the learning more fun. My writing and art is well because it's something I enjoy and wish to show that joy to others and the only way I can do it is to show it through my work. Learning new spells would be because I enjoy testing my limits and seeing what all I can do.

If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why? Rachelle looked a the interviewer for a long time with a lost in thought look. Where would I like to go... Everywhere why well I wish to see everything. There are so many dimensions I've never been to. I wonder how different the people are if there are people on them, what kind of creatures live within them. That is why I wish to go everywhere.

What do you think about the afterlife? Do believe in it, and the existence of the soul? Of course! If I didn't then how could I call myself a witch or wizard in training? Anyways to be pierce I believe that we can also use our soul in another form as well. Anyways I'll answer the first question. Yes I beleive in the afterlife for that is the source of dark magic, necromancers if you will. But there our others who use dark magic such as myself that is not a necromancer. Now for the second question being continued. Yes I believe in a soul and yes I called it a soul-self. Now your soul once you die is in the afterlife there are many places you may go but many simplify this into three things. One you could be stuck on your world for eternity lost and felling as though you don't belong. Or you could go one of two places which is truly simplified. One of the two is a wonderful place and many call it Heaven. The other has more than one name and some say there are many levels which is owned by many beings. The place is known as usually one of these: The Underworld, Oblivion, Tarsus, or even Hell.

Something I desire more than anything. Hmm... Let's see. Rachelle once more took a distant look upon her face. I desire to have true friends, who understand me for me. I desire that I am not treated as evil just because I use dark magic. That is what I desire. Rachelle soon came back into reality and relized once more that she was in an interview. Sorry if that seemed like a weird answer but it's true.