INTEREST CHECK GROUP RP PLOTTING Interest check- Dragons (Modern Fantasy)

misiabear

Edgebabby
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy! I love roleplaying as supernatural creatures, especially dragons :)
Edit: Here is the thread I have started for those who would like to participate!

Hi everyone! I want to start a group RP about dragons in a modern fantasy setting. I have an idea I'd like to use, but I'm always open to other ideas and input as well, since rping is no fun when one person makes all the rules!

My idea:

Dragons were almost hunted into extinction by humans in the middle ages, both out of fear of their destructive capabilities and their desire to plunder their hoards and use parts of their bodies such as their teeth and scales as magical talismans.

The only dragons to survive were a small breed known as pixie dragons. Evolutionary pressure made them smaller, with them only being around 15 cm tall. They also developed abilities to help them go unnoticed by humans, such as invisibility, or the ability to turn into inanimate objects or other lifeforms such as pets, toys, plants, or shadows. Some pixie dragons live as almost parasites of human communities, stealing from them to build their hoards and even living within human households. Others prefer to live in nature but will still come into human settlements to harm humans, casting hexes and starting fires, as dragons are known to do (But no damsel in distress kidnapping. How would a pixie dragon even manage to lift one?). In general, they act like fae, usually tricking and meddling with humans, but occasionally helping. A select few humans can see pixie dragons, usually children, elders, or the mentally ill. However for the most part, they remain hidden.

If you are interested in this idea or something similar, lets link up and get ourselves organized!

Also pinging @Reliance since you said in another thread that you might be interested in something like this, no worries if you aren't for any reason though!

Last edited:
This sounds really cool ! I would totally be up for something like this :D

Sorry for the late reply, but yaaay! Do you have any characters in mind? I can share some details about my character with you, and we can do a little brainstorming about our character backgrounds and how they relate to each other! Then I can attempt to get an actual thread set up, I'm kinda a noob to this site so hopefully it won't be a train wreck but,,,

My character: Lily Oxalis. Lily is small and weak, even by pixie standards, only about 10 cm tall despite being fully grown. She is a light green colour, with pink wings and underbelly, and with flowering vines growing all over her body, producing pink and white flowers. Lily also does not possess any offensive capabilities, despite her mentors attempting to teach her how to fight with her claws or breathe fire, she never quite got the hang of it... However, she does have the power to heal other living beings, with a combination of her own innate magic and items that have magical properties such as herbs and crystals that she scavenges from the forest or nearby human settlements. Lily also displays a strong spiritual connection to the dragon spirit world, being able to commune with the dead if she has access to the right place (a puddle, during the full moon) and ingredients (a white lily flower).

Oooh, this looks interesting. Would join in once I read through the lore more

Sorry for the late reply, but yaaay! Do you have any characters in mind? I can share some details about my character with you, and we can do a little brainstorming about our character backgrounds and how they relate to each other! Then I can attempt to get an actual thread set up, I'm kinda a noob to this site so hopefully it won't be a train wreck but,,,

My character: Lily Oxalis. Lily is small and weak, even by pixie standards, only about 10 cm tall despite being fully grown. She is a light green colour, with pink wings and underbelly, and with flowering vines growing all over her body, producing pink and white flowers. Lily also does not possess any offensive capabilities, despite her mentors attempting to teach her how to fight with her claws or breathe fire, she never quite got the hang of it... However, she does have the power to heal other living beings, with a combination of her own innate magic and items that have magical properties such as herbs and crystals that she scavenges from the forest or nearby human settlements. Lily also displays a strong spiritual connection to the dragon spirit world, being able to commune with the dead if she has access to the right place (a puddle, during the full moon) and ingredients (a white lily flower).
I'm not quite sure what kind of character I'll use but Lily seems cool! Feel free to shoot me a PM and we can set up a 1x1 eventually :D

Oooh, this looks interesting. Would join in once I read through the lore more
I'm probably gonna set up a thread soon, so you can keep track of what goes on and join in if you like the feel of it!

I'm not quite sure what kind of character I'll use but Lily seems cool! Feel free to shoot me a PM and we can set up a 1x1 eventually :D
It looks like someone else might be interested in participating so I'm not sure that a 1x1 is the best format...

It looks like someone else might be interested in participating so I'm not sure that a 1x1 is the best format...
Oh? Who, if I may ask?? Unsure since it looked like I was the only one that posted in here--

Oh? Who, if I may ask?? Unsure since it looked like I was the only one that posted in here--
Someone else posted in this thread, their un is Ai-in Ayan? Can you not see their post? That's weird... anyways, I did reply to them, but if they don't reply in a little while we can probably start this as a 1x1 but then maybe open it up if other people want to join, if you'd be comfortable with that?

Someone else posted in this thread, their un is Ai-in Ayan? Can you not see their post? That's weird... anyways, I did reply to them, but if they don't reply in a little while we can probably start this as a 1x1 but then maybe open it up if other people want to join, if you'd be comfortable with that?

Ah. I will back out then since you would be doing 1x1. Thought it would be a group RP

Ah. I will back out then since you would be doing 1x1. Thought it would be a group RP
Oh!! If you're joining then I'm completely up for a group RP! I just didn't see their post for the last...three times I've went through this thread! Sorry for the confusion >_<

Someone else posted in this thread, their un is Ai-in Ayan? Can you not see their post? That's weird... anyways, I did reply to them, but if they don't reply in a little while we can probably start this as a 1x1 but then maybe open it up if other people want to join, if you'd be comfortable with that

Nope, I intend on making this a group RP! So you are very much welcome to participate!

@Foxes81_of_Anime

I'm gonna try to get a thread set up tonight so we can get this started as a group, and we'll see if anyone else trickles in, either in this thread or the actual RP thread!

I'd like to ask - what kinds of characters can be portrayed here? Just dragons? Humans too?

I'd like to ask - what kinds of characters can be portrayed here? Just dragons? Humans too?
Ideally dragons, however there are humans in this world too so it is possible for one to be a human, although most humans are unaware of the existence of these dragons I could imagine some magical thinkers being able to see them. A lot of dragons are hostile towards humans too but that isn't necessarily a hard rule.

now this has my interest too. I can do some stuff with my own ideas to try and see what we can do.