Institute of Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgil decided to try and talk to the other girl. "So, your name is Corrie, right? How are you doing?"

Corrie lifted her gaze up to meet his, blinking her unnerving blue eyes. "Fine, I suppose." She responded curiously. Normally, she would have responded with a sarcastic retort, but the boy had caught her off guard. "You're like me." Her words weren't posed as a question- more, a knowing certainty. To show what she meant, she put her hand palm up and made it snow just over her own hand, but nowhere else.

Virgil was surprised "So, we have similar powers that is interesting."

Corrie shrugged, letting the snow evaporate from her palm. "Interesting." She echoed emptily. "What do you want, anyway?"

"Nothing really, I just thought talking would help the mood."

Corrie laughed then- cynically, but it was a laugh none the less. "We're being tested on, kept captive because we're different, and we're all going to die here." She paused, quirking an eyebrow up slightly. "And you're trying to lighten the mood?"

"Well...yes, why wouldn't I? I mean, I know I am being like on of "those" guys, but I rather try to lighten the mood then be cynical." Virgil knew in the back of his head that he was a dumbass, but still he had to hope they would be all right.

Corrie shrugged, shaking her head slightly. "Whatever." A moment later, a curious thought came to her mind. "When you freeze someone, do you kill them?"

Virgil did not know how to answer the question, since he had never tried, and hopefully never had to. "I am not sure, probably. Why?"

Corrie shrugged, blowing the hair out of her eyes with an icy breath. "Curiosity." Was all she supplied as an answer. "Maybe you should try it sometime. I'm sure if the useful people in this room worked together, we could get out."

"Maybe, we probably could....I wonder what they are gonna do to us...." Virgil said with a little bit of a less optimistic tone.

Corrie laughed slightly. "Can they do anything worse than what they've got going on already?" She questioned, her tone ever pessimistic.

"I would say, but I rather not give them ideas." Virgil said his voice getting less optimistic by the second.

"Can you freeze this. can you freeze that? To what extent can your powers actually go, can you kill this, can you destroy that? Something like that, for the feeble minded, clearly." Enigmus butted in "I mean, what else would experiment with? Drink cooling? Being a human fridge? The list goes on and on." He explained before pulling or a journal and pen, then secluding himself to write something down.

Corrie, despite her best efforts, felt the slightest of smiles dance across her lips. That was, until Enigmus started at them in that degrading voice, at which point the smile was replaced by an obvious scowl. As her annoyance flared, so did her powers, and she shot a hard snowball in his direction.

"H-hey!" The snowball caught him in the back as he turned away "HOW DARE YOU!" He lashed out "If I had the assets and henchmen I'd have you slain right off the bat!" He ranted a bit more before calming himself, and adjusted his coat, which got a bit ruffled "I'd suggest you refrain from such hostile actions in the future, ma'am." He hissed "Especially when dealing with someone such as myself." He proceeded to mutter things under his breath as he secluded himself once again to write something his journal.

Corrie shrugged, glaring at the back of Enigmus's head for a moment before turning back to Virgil. "So can you control it?" She asked, chewing at her bottom lip slightly. "Or do you just freeze everything you touch?"

"I freeze everything I touch, I wish I had control of it." Virgil said in abit of a down voice.

Corrie nodded understandingly. "Practice, I guess." Was her suggestion, and probably the closest she could get to being helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.