Insane love [shappochklack and wipeball]

Isac was pleased to see that the man cooperated at first. He sighed as Gabriel passed him. He seemed frail in his mind. But perhaps tired, rather than weak. In a way it was interesting and in other ways it was just disturbing. Especially when he started to shout at the guard who didn't dare move an inch. He was quite surprised, really.
"What do you mean, my fault!?" he defended himself, bracing himself for any eventual rage. Having worked at the place for years, he knew what could happen. Even though Gabriel merely seemed honest and upset. Isac studied him with his eyes - tried to figure out how he worked. It wasn't an easy person to read. The only thing that he could see, mirrored in his own moss green eyes, was disapproval. He wasn't sure where it came from...

Gabriel gritted his teeth, his face getting red as he held his breath not even realizing. The, all of a sudden, a cry of frustration echoed in the room. Gabriel kicked the air and tears fell from cornrs of both of his eyes. When the shout subsudied there was only a loud growl heard which came from deep within Gabriel's chest. His eyes were tightly shut and his lips were drawn back in a snarl. No matter how angry he might have seemed from the outside, in the inside he was hopeless and helpless. He hated those two feelings even before they pronounced him mentally ill. At this moment, it all came back to him with such a force that he couldn't bare it any longer. His legs gave up and Gabriel fell on the floor breathing heavily. It seemed like his whole body was alternately in contractions of different forces and lengths. No, he didn't have an epileptic seizure, it was sorrow that moved his limbs. Soon after, Gabriel began to cry properly.

Isac was at a loss for words. Something told him that he shouldn't be so prejudiced to his breakdown. Gabriel was a human being after all. His facial expression slowly changed into something that looked similar to compassion. Then he took a step closer to him, daring to crouch in front of him and simply look at him. What was it that could be so terribly, heartbreakingly wrong? What was it that made Gabriels body quiver in devastation like this?
"Talk to me. I'm not going to harm you, just be honest. I don't believe in madness, only difference," he said confidently and continued to focus his serious gaze on Gabriel. He deliberately touched the man's shoulder. He'd read somewhere that body contact was soothing, even if he couldn't understand it himself.

Gabriel was still crying and sobbing. Once he felt someone's han on his shoulder, he didn't care who it was he just moved closer to the person. So he did it now as well. He moved closer to Isac, feeling secure, hoping that he could be safe a little bit longer. Words of the guard, just went past him. He heard them but the meanin didn't reach his braincells. At least, not at the particular moment.
"I just want to be free," Gabriel said between sobs,, his words filled with broken desire. Pulling his knees to his chest, Gabriel formed the position of an unborn child.

(I am sorry that the post is so short. I'll try to write a longer one next time ^.^)

(I don't write very long myself so you don't need to apologize ^^ If you want, I can write longer!)

Isac was moved, and not only in a literal sense. Something in what Gabriel had said, the words that he had uttered, it was close to what he himself was feeling. He wanted to reach out and say something. That makes two of us, he thought. In his life, the doors that led to the places that he'd like to go, the state of normality which he's always coveted, they had always been locked. Locked and hidden by the people who tried to hold him close. He held no bitter feelings towards his family but they sure hadn't been keen to let him go when he had needed to. It had made him afraid of the world around him. When he finally managed to let go of them, it was too late. He'd created chains of his own that were still holding him in a tight grip, keeping him imprisoned in what he would call a square life. Therefore, the rules that were bound to the hospital made him feel secure. Though they never made it any easier for him to cut loose from his routines.
The corridor was quiet save the sobs of the crying one. A light in the ceiling was flickering, making the place feel all the more like a horror movie. No, this wasn't a place for rehabilitation or caretaking. It was a place that created its own madness. Isac began to move his lips but before he spoke, he carefully placed a nervously shaking hand on Gabriels.
"I can't help you with that, I'm afraid..." he whispered. Isac wasn't sure of how to be comforting, but he tried.

(You're posts are perfectly fine! :) )

Gabriel took a hold of Isac's hand and pulled it closer to his chest still lying down. His sobs partly subsided and Gabriel slowly calmed down. Once he wasn't crying anymore, Gabriel looked up at Isac. His eyes were red from crying and he was weary. He looked at the guard for a long time, not speaking nor moving. His grip on Isac's hand tightened.
"Are you a ghost or are you real?" he asked all of a sudden, his eyes filled with anticipation and hope. It would be great to talk to the ones from the other world. They were always so...empathetic. They understood Gabriel's suffering. However, it was obvious that Gabriel didn't consider the fact that when he was able to hold Isac's hand that he would probably be real.

Isac's face turned into something that resembled concern. He pressed his hand to Gabriels body, to confirm that he was tangible. His eyes conveyed a deep regret as he spoke.
"Listen... There is no such thing in the entire world. The only ghosts that I've ever met are the soulless people who run places like this." Isac's hand trembled slightly as he pulled away. The frowns on his forehead grew deeper and he turned away his gaze. Was the man even listening to him? The realization that he'd been rather stupid in his actions suddenly caught hold of him. It wasn't sane to speak like this to patients. It wasn't his job to do this, no matter how intriguing it was. He could be fired for it. But maybe that wasn't his biggest concern. What bothered him the most was the fact that lately, he himself had become almost as soullessly dutiful as the others here.
"Chin up," he said, trying to look indifferent, "I better take you back now or someone'll miss you." His face was as emotionless as a rock when he tried to pull the man up by his shoulder, struggling with his legs to get a good stance.

Gabriel's face changed into disappointed one. How was it that he couldn't meet any ghosts recently? Did they side with him? Were they angry? But why would they be? At first, Gabriel didn't react anyhow at the man's tries to pull him up. However, after few seconds his body acted on its own and he got to his feet. For some strange reason, his legs were not strong enough so he collapsed on Isac. His eyes were half open, so he might have been mistaken for someone who walks in sleep.
"I am sorry," Gabriel whispered apologeticly and supported his own stance by putting one of his hands on Isac's chest before he pulled away and stood on his own. In that moment, Gabriel was rather confused. The memory of his try to escape already faded away and he couldn't remember how he got to where he was at the moment. Confused, Gabriel looked around. There were some snatches in his memory but they were unreachable. Giving Isac a questioning look, he hoped that the guard would explain what has happened.

When Isac had recovered from the previous tumult, he was still sitting on the floor in a shocked pose. His eyes stared flatly into thin air and his neck shivered slightly. His body could, if it had been a tad smaller, been mistaken for a frightened bird. His small and slender figure along with the sharp features of his face supported the idea. After he had taken a deep and thoughtful breath, he rose slowly and scrutinized Gabriel with his dark eyes, trying to suppress his curiosity. The man looked back at him thoughtfully, his eyes conceiving some sort of inquiry that Isac couldn't understand. He responded with nothing. There was a sudden movement in the other end of the corridor. Isac lost focus and as soon as he noticed that it was a woman and as soon as he understood that her white dress signalled her status as a patient, he hurried over to her. She continued to walk, almost zombie-like but when she noticed who was following her, she started to run. Isac looked back hurriedly but his instincts drove him on.
"Stop running, miss! You can't outrun me anyway!" he panted, leaving Gabriel alone in the outstretched passage. Maybe that was for the best. He had started to feel confused. Maybe even scared.

Gabriel watched as Isac ran away. Suddenly, he was alone in the corridor. Alone again. Looking around, Gabriel expected betrayl from everyone and everything. Yet, still in his mind there were questions that probably wouldn't be answered any time soon. Slightly trembeling, Gabriel went in the direction in which Isac ran. Did he hope to find the man? It was hard to tell because Gabriel himself wasn't sure what he wanted himself. As he was walking around the sanatorium another guard found him but roughly grabbed his arm and dragged him along the place until they found his room. He was almost thrown in there.
"Don't you ever dare to leave your room, you brainless idiot!" growled the guard at him and slammed the door shut. Gabriel winced a little bit before he went to his chair, sat down and took a piece of paper. It took him few minutes before he did something but at last he started to draw. It was always just about sketches. They were nice but would freak out anyone for they resembled a human shape yet looked surreal as well. They looked like ghosts put on paper.