Infinitus Stellarum

• Thread starter The Philosoraptor
  • Start date

Are you completely certain you can be active for this RP?(I expect any applicants to sincerely vote)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Idea of this smart AI just being "born" and she or he immediately maps the entirely of the ship or building she was created being that was what her purpose of being brought to life. If I have any say I would like the Idea that the AI was brought online within the ship we will be traveling in. Since it was created with the AI in mind it would house state of the art robotics lab for such a purpose. The age of the AI should only be a few days, enough for every system to be checked to make sure she is functioning as required and for her personality to "wake up" from the brain she was flashed cloned from.

Ah, so the cartographer has hobbies.
I was thinking of the when and the where moreso than the what. I know the cartographer needs special quarters; did you have something in mind regarding that? How long has the cartographer been on (hours/days)? Should we have a map of the spaceship (I think mapping it is the first thing she would do)?

Jex, the Cartographer has an origin, but she was not cloned or created via brain pattern copying. I do enjoy the idea of being activated on the ship though.

Likely several years old, really. Humanity has had the Cartographer in its possession for years. But then again, it has only recently been the Cartographer that we will come to know and love. Activation would likely be a few days.

As for quarters, the Cartographer's digital AI form is confined to the AI Core, (a white room set at -15 degrees Celsius for optimal computational functioning. The cyber form is granted special release privileges when clearance is given, jumping either into your robot body or some other conduit) which is located directly beneath the fusion reactor, which in turn is located at the core of the ship. Lots of cores.

The synthetic body is free to roam the ship, but for security purposes is not let outside without the Engineer or Security Officer(s) present.

Feel free to map the ship. I could use some direction myself. I'll relay instructions via PM tomorrow.

When? The day of the launch. We're waiting for our beloved Captain and AMO. Where? Onboard the Cart or boarding it. The Cartographer is likely already in the Core. Feel free to edit your post as you wish with the given information.

I'll be expecting Leslie to follow me to the AI Core once we've got the introductions finished.

Thank you for enlightening me good sir. I do belive it is better to be corrected for having an error in an Idea then to never bring anything to the table at all. (As long as you don't make the same mistakes over and over again.) Ill either post late tonight or tomorrow.

Why's that? (Sorry for not posting for a while I didn't get the alerts for some reason.)

I don't think enough information was really given yet to make any decent posts and I'm too lazy to go through and re-edit the OOC over and over. So, I'll get the IC taken down soon, then this OOC, and I'll repost it with some new info. AAB and I will work to create a map of the ship and get some more details worked out. I'm inviting most of you back, but there are two people who are already interested in joining but haven't done so here. The only people who I have spots reserved for are Mr. V (I hear he's a cool bro) and AAB (the only decent mapmaker I know). I would like to see most of you back though once it has been done.

I don't think enough information was really given yet to make any decent posts and I'm too lazy to go through and re-edit the OOC over and over. So, I'll get the IC taken down soon, then this OOC, and I'll repost it with some new info. AAB and I will work to create a map of the ship and get some more details worked out. I'm inviting most of you back, but there are two people who are already interested in joining but haven't done so here. The only people who I have spots reserved for are Mr. V (I hear he's a cool bro) and AAB (the only decent mapmaker I know). I would like to see most of you back though once it has been done.

Alright, works for me!

I'm interested in taking the medical assistant but what are the writing expectations of this roleplay? What kind of genres will be implemented besides the elements of sci-fi (if any)?

Edit: Ah, excuse me. I did not see the age requirements of the roleplay. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in taking the medical assistant but what are the writing expectations of this roleplay? What kind of genres will be implemented besides the elements of sci-fi (if any)?

Edit: Ah, excuse me. I did not see the age requirements of the roleplay. Sorry.

It's fine. I was thinking of relaxing the restrictions anyway. If this ever gets restarted.

Hey. Just saw this in the banner and thought I'd likely try for the captain since it's the only remaining spot. Mind shooting a link my way once you've started your reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.