Infinite Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A-Aruis, wait," Shizuka protested as her friend dragged her off. "I need to get changed first." Her protests fell on deaf ears, and eventually she stopped fighting to get out of Arius' iron grip and just went along with it, even if it meant leaving her uniform behind for the moment. It didn't take too long to get to the cafeteria at such a pace, especially once Shizuka stopped actively fighting progress.

"So...what am I treating you to as a peace offering this time," Shizuka asked once they were in the cafeteria. It probably wouldn't come cheap, Arius was pretty mad over all this. Shizuka mulled things over as she looked at the options on offer for lunch. The new guy wasn't bad in a fight, but being so awkward really would be no end of trouble. Being one of the few operators of new technology, and one of the few male students, would draw plenty of attention. Even if he had trouble speaking to others, he'd probably need to work on it just to deflect any girls who might throw themselves at the poor guy. She giggled a bit at that mental image.

And it really would be interesting to see what might happen if Arius did get her claws onto him. A pair of ranged fighters staying in their own comfort zones was all too basic.

Arius grins a bit but shakes her head. "Despite the fact I am mad I won't make you pay for my lunch. Just pay for his, would you?" Arius bought her own food, it was a simple tuna sandwich and her favorite kind of cheesy tortilla chips. Arius never did eat much even when Shizuka did pay for her, probably one of the reasons she had such a good figure; that and the way she fights in her IS unit. She was still boiling so if anyone at all challenged her today she would probably jump on the chance for a fight for now she needed food so she sits and eats, stealing the best seat by the large windows.

She hadn't given much of a chance for David to take off on the two girls, because even as she had walked fast she kept looking over her shoulder and making sure David was still there, she'd caught him trying to sneak off a few times and would grin at him knowing it would make him nervous. Now she sat quietly eating her lunch watching for David to walk into the cafeteria. Hopefully Shizuka wouldn't be so uptight about what Arius had asked of her.

"Huh? What? N-no, y-you don't have to pay! I-it's fine, really!"
Despite the offer of a free meal being fairly enticing, David was still too awkward to accept it. It was at the point where nobody would be surprised if he didn't accept a winning lottery ticket because it would mean that he'd have to accept an exorbitant amount of money from someone.

David hurried to catch up with them, realising that his efforts to hide from their view was futile. It wasn't like he didn't want to be with them - they were new friends, and he didn't figure that that was a bad thing. He was just uncomfortable.

Before anyone could interfere, David had paid for his lunch and had sat down with astonishing speed. He took a seat opposite Arius - he wasn't comfortable sitting next to her, but sitting near her was fine by him. However, even as he tried to focus on eating his ham sandwich, he couldn't help but feel that something was going to happen. Something big. Something huge. Something with the force of-
"David! There you are!
"Viktor?"

Viktor came barrelling towards David, his bear-like arm draping itself around David's shoulder in what seemed to be a rather hands-on gesture of friendship. Nevertheless, despite taking what could have potentially broken his collarbone, David smiled, and gave Viktor a gentle jab in the ribs to get him off. Immediately after, Viktor patted him on the shoulder, and looked over to Arius. He then looked over to Shizuka - wherever she was - and spoke.
"You two must be the people David has selected to start his harem with! I cannot say that I blame him."
"Viktor!"
"Ha ha ha, you know I am just having joke! Anyway, thank you for looking after him. I am Viktor Alexandrov, David's friend, and pilot of the Big Man unit. It is pleasure to meet you."

"Well, if you insist," Shizuka said, before leaving briefly to place her own order. It was a little disappointing that no one would accept her hospitality, but there would be other opportunities. She returned to take a seat across from David, carrying a tray laden with a bowl of ramen. "You should at least let me suggest some things next time. They've got good stuff that isn't a sandwich."

She laughed with Viktor at his little joke. "Nice to meet you. I'm Amakusa Shizuka. You've got it backwards on the harem thing, though. I've singled him out to start mine." She can say these things with a straight face. Even if it is clear she's joking. She looked Viktor over. "So...Big Man, huh? I guess it's either quite apt, or someone just has a very literal naming sense."

Arius takes a bite out of her sandwich as she looks up at the one who introduced himself as 'Viktor', "Well hello, my name is Arius Angels, My IS is called Demonic Anchor. It's not so bad in a fight. I love it in a fight honestly, even if it has...well..." Arius giggles a bit. "Never mind Viktor, care to join us, I feel sorry for David, he's been the only one targeted by us." Arius grinned at the other male that had approached them gesturing to the seat next to David. Arius wasn't so sure about the guy called Viktor, he didn't seem like he would be much fun to tease, her thoughts cause her to shrug a bit for no apparent reason before she lightly touches the bracelet on her wrist that was her IS in it's deactivated state and she smiled a little. "I'm proud of my IS and my skill, I was actually really annoyed that Shizuka got into a fight with David before I could, and it sounded like it was boring."

David buried himself deeper into his seat, his face rapidly beginning to resemble a tomato. He couldn't bear to look at Shizuka - not after a comment like that. Viktor, however, laughed heartily at this joke.
"Ha! Yes, he is fine choice! David is little man, but has good technique! He will serve you well!"
"Viktor..."
By now, the smaller of the two was attempting to make himself even smaller. Viktor just shrugged at the other two, and took his place. And, if only for a moment, it seemed as though the seats had started to tilt towards him when he did so.

Viktor started eating eagerly, but stopped to answer Shizuka and Arius in turn.
"We do not name our units. Terrence does that for us. Not that is problem, of course. His tech is best I have ever used. I hear talk of Clark Industries making artificial hearts - but that is just rumour."

"Oh, you wanted to fight him? Maybe next time. I am not sure my friend here can go again."
"Viktor, I could-"
"Nonsense! You had big day, we both know what crowds do to you! Rest, David - you will need all the energy you can get to fend off the girls. Harems aside, how would you like to fight my Big Man? I am tired of simulations - I would love a chance to fight an IS user."

"I have to agree, I don't think David could handle me especially with the way my armor looks." Arius' laugh is slightly creepy, one of those 'little girl' giggles that she was actually quite good at, and it was slowly becoming more obvious as to why she had called her armor Demonic, since Arius' personality seemed to reflect that. "Actually shall I show you what my unit looks like?" She had asked this before Viktor had offered up his challenge but it made her grin really wide. "You don't happen to be a close range fighter do you? I'm just curious."

Arius was leaned back in her seat and she kept one eye on David; who was seriously resembling a tomato at this point and while she waited for Viktor's answer she gave her own giggling again. "I would love a good challenge Viktor so fight me and my Demonic Anchor. We can do this however you want!" It's a smile and she had a deep wish to tease David further so without much other reaction she laughed as she targeted him with a particular statement, "I bet I could beat you easily anyway David!" since he was so embarrassed by the mere mention of a harem she had to wonder how the shy guy would react to her IS unit. The thought alone made her snicker more as she finished off her sandwich and almost impatiently stared at Viktor.

"Yeah, I can't see that fight ending well," Shizuka added. "The way things are going, he'd be too busy trying to look away to take proper aim, or once he did get you in his sights, he'd be stunned." She left exactly why to the imagination, though it's clear she's seen her friend in action before. Realistically, there were other reasons why David would be a poor match, but it's too fun to tease someone currently trying to fuse with his chair in an attempt to pass unnoticed.

She slurps up a few mouthfuls of noodles in a pause in the conversation. When she speaks up again, it's to pick up a thread mentioned in passing by Viktor. "Artificial hearts, huh? Those would be pretty tricky, even now. We've seen some good advances in cybernetic limbs, so it's only a matter of time, I suppose." She holds up her left arm. "You'd hardly know this was a replacement if I didn't mention it."

David seemed to be on the verge of passing out by the time the two had finished talking to him. He couldn't bear to look at them - or Viktor, for that matter. The massive Russian, meanwhile, was busy trying to stifle yet another hearty laugh. He was already snickering, and the state David was in wasn't helping. Given the fact that at least ninety-percent of his blood had now been transferred to his face, one could assume he was now imagining what was meant by him being stunned, and how Arius' armour would look. It was all he could do not to run out on the group at that very moment.

"Well David," Viktor said loudly, "It seems as though you have managed to snag two beautiful women already. And here I was, thinking that Pierre would be the first to be part of a threesome out of us all. Oh, just wait until he gets a load of this!"
David was surrounded - he couldn't shuffle awkwardly to one side to escape Viktor, or the other two. He was stuck with them teasing him. Viktor continued, but in a much more subdued tone. For him.
"But, I digress. Arius! We should organise match. I believe that we might be able to persuade Terrence to let us onto the field, or Orimura. We will make glorious battle!"

Viktor raised an eyebrow at the mention of prosthetic limbs - and David seemed to regain a bit of his composure as well, judging by how he was now looking up slightly.
"That arm..." Viktor began, "I see... It IS a very good replacement. Tell me, whose is it? Dynatech? Lencorp?
I'm sorry, it's just that... I am very interested in this sort of thing. It is, how you say, for personal reasons, but still."

Arius watched the others interact with Shizuka patiently, there wasn't any particular reason for her to talk to them much at this point, she had no interest in mechanics of that artificial arm, she had already known about it after being room mates with Shizuka for so long now. Still feeling a little hyped about the fight she gets up and heads off towards Orimura's class; which was currently out right now thank goodness...Arius peeks into the room and notices Orimura grading some papers and she smiles. "Oh hey, Miss Orimura, I've got a request for you. There's this big guy I'd like to fight in the arena, since you didn't bother asking me to spar with David, you know how I've been wanting a decent fight for awhile!"

Status
Not open for further replies.