Indulging in Writing

M

Makomin

Original poster

Herro there, person. My name is as you can probably tell, Makomin. The purpose of this thread is for me to hopefully, reach out to you and convince you to roleplay with yours truly. The thing is, I have been craving and wanting to indulge in quite a number of roleplays but there are several factors that barricaded me from doing so:
  • A minuscule amount of people actually tries to reply to me as often as possible.
  • I almost always only play OCs.
  • I/ my fellow 1x1 roleplayers lose interest in the roleplay half way through because the plot is not moving in the right direction/ is progressing.
  • The people I roleplay with tend to just disappear without any notice whatsoever; and
  • Drama in the OOC occurs and roleplayers cannot be professional about misunderstandings.

Now, I would like to engage in a few more roleplays, if possible but I will down a few rules and regulations to abide to (these rules are applied to me too, as such, if we do roleplay and I do not abide by them, please call me out on it):

1. Ensure that you write in a third person's POV when roleplaying. I really dislike it when anyone roleplays in a first person's POV because although it is your character, you are not your character.
  2. At least try to write more than a paragraph for a reply. This is because I will need something to work with for a reply if not, I don't have any content to deal with. As a result, I will only be able to produce a half-assed reply.
  3. Gender roles/ sexualities (if any) should be shared if you are to be my long-term roleplay partner. Sometimes I would like to try new things rather than just roleplaying the same type of person, as such, please be considerate.
  4. Communication is key and I want us to actually discuss and talk in the OOC, (preferably Discord or another application if needed) just so that we can actually know how to keep the roleplay running and interesting so that we don't lose interest. Also, I'd like to get to know my fellow roleplayers too.
  5. If you need to take some time away for whatever reason (for example, a few days to even a week), do let me know in advance so that I don't have to wait on you and wonder whether you're still going to reply or not.
  6. If there is any issue you have with me, please let me know so that we can discuss it and not take it out on our roleplay. Professionalism is important to me.
  7. Doubling up is completely fine by me. Just ensure that you roleplay your part too as both of us would like to enjoy roleplaying.

Now that I have told you what I expect from you, I will write down what you can expect from me as it is only fair:

1. Detailed replies are a forte of mine because I have a pet peeve of vagueness and ambiguity.
  2. My style of writing ranges from elementary to advance, depending on our roleplay as well as my fellow roleplayer. As such, I am pretty flexible.
  3. I can post up to a few times a day because I have my phone with me throughout the day. As such, when I am free, I usually end up either on my social media or Iwakuroleplay.
  4. I actually am not all business, as impossible as it may sound. I love to unwind my day by chatting with my friends and roleplayers if they allow me to do so.
  5. I am quite blunt when it comes to matters of drama in the OOC, as such, I tend to gravitate to being honest and solving the problem as fast as possible.
  6. I have been roleplaying for close to five years now, as such, I might have what people call as the generic 'experience'. What I'm trying to say is that I am helpful and if assistance is needed, do come to me.
  7. Flexible with roleplaying as a female or male. The below are mere preferences and gender/ sexual orientation of characters can be changed.

Now, for the plots themselves. I wouldn't say that I am very well-versed in various fandoms. Most of the time, I know a little bit from certain fandoms. As such, the bolded ones below are actually some of the roleplays I am quite an expert in. Also, the cyan ones are what role I would like to play:
Harry Potter
OCxOC

Divergent
OCxOC

Percy Jackson series
OCxOC

The Mortal Instruments
OCxOC, Clary Fray x Jace Wayland, Clary Fray x Simon Lewis

Game of Thrones
OCxOC

The Hunger Games
OCxOC

The Avengers
OCxOC, Loki x OC, Captain America x Black Widow

Glee
OCxOC

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Makoto Tachibana x OC, Rin Matsuoka x OC, Haruka Nanase x OC, OCxOC

Yuri!!! On Ice
Viktor Nikiforov x OC, Yuri Katsuki x Yuuri Plisetsky

Spirited Away
Chihiro Ogino x Haku, OCxOC

Fairy Tail
OCxOC, Lucy Heartfilia x Natsu Dragneel, Erza Scarlet x Jellal Fernandes

Pokemon
OCxOC

Ouran High School Host Club
Haruhi Fujioka x Hikaru Hitachin, Hikaru Hitachin x Kaoru Hitachin

I have a few plots in mind too for my own roleplay:
In Inaria, the coming of age was a significant timeline for any citizens' live. The king of Inaria a few centuries ago, King Yaacob had passed the law that every teenager who will be reaching the age of 16 on their birthday will be required to undergo the Coming of Age ceremony. This ceremony denotes that the 16-year old must slay the monster that is their fear. Their fear, being anything, will be materialised into the form of the hybrid of a monster and human. Failing to do so will lead the banishment of the teenager out of the kingdom of Inaria.

Roles; Female teenager x Male teenager, Female teenager x Male monster, Male teenager x Female monster

A detective's role is to aid individuals in solving cases varying from stolen goods to even murder. But sometimes, the detective fails and is left no choice but to render the case a cold one. One day, a woman approaches the detective, pleading for him to look for the murderer of another individual. Having nothing to offer the detective in compensation, she promises that she will grant him anything if he could crack the case. He accepts to find that the person who was murdered is the said lady who had died a year ago on the day he met her.

Roles; Lady x Male detective

Dying is very similar to a long slumber that one will not be able to wake up from. But the question is, is there such thing as a place called Heaven? What will it be like there? Is Hell a possibility then? A person dies from committing suicide and finds themselves in front of an escalator and a bolted metal door. The decided to go for the escalator. Only to find that they are now in a white room with white walls and polished white floor. The escalator has magically disappeared. They wait around for a bit, almost lost when someone dressed in white approaches them. The person then says to go back home, they will need to undergo a series of test to be able to open the bolted door. But if they decide to stay, they will need to spend a week in Hell.

Roles; Female person x Male angel, Male person x Female angel, Female person x Male demon, Male person x Female demon

The world was a safe place now. It really is. Some might argue that living without emotions is ripping the human out of the human themselves but no one on Hafrina thinks that now. Hafrina, a small town, isolated by 95% of the world is situated in the middle of a secluded island in the Pacific Ocean. The citizens in Hafrina have learned the art of bottling emotions. Now, these emotions are sold and bought in bottles on the island. How the emotions are obtained are that when there are newborns, the core emotions of a newborn will be extracted, rendering them emotionless and less susceptible to the cold. These emotions are then bottled up and cultured for reproduction through the process of binary fission. But what if there was someone on the island who did not have their core emotions extracted when they were born? This person lives alone, away from the town as to not draw too much attention. One day, intruders from a neighboring nation came in and stole every last bottle of anger on the island, determined to fuel the anger onto its people as to start a war. Now the only people who can go after them are the individual with emotion who can sense anger and the owner of a bottled-emotion shop.

Roles; Female person x Male shop owner, Male person x Female shop owner

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorta curious about Killing a Monster.

Does the Kingdom have a stockpile of these nebulous fear-blobs that shapeshift into whatever the person that confronts them is? Are these monsters basically what roams around 'outside' the kingdom? Or are these things produced by the kingdom? And is there a time limit for this, such as being tossed in an arena with your monster for a day and getting exiled if you don't kill them after the day ends? Or are you exiled more if you 'surrender' to the monster instead of trying to constantly kill it?

Reactions: Makomin
Sorta curious about Killing a Monster.

Does the Kingdom have a stockpile of these nebulous fear-blobs that shapeshift into whatever the person that confronts them is? Are these monsters basically what roams around 'outside' the kingdom? Or are these things produced by the kingdom? And is there a time limit for this, such as being tossed in an arena with your monster for a day and getting exiled if you don't kill them after the day ends? Or are you exiled more if you 'surrender' to the monster instead of trying to constantly kill it?
It's more of like the kingdom actually culturing these hybrid of people and monster. They start off as like you have said, 'blobs' that is able to shapeshift but when they are assigned to a teenager that is 16, they are pressured into shapeshifting into one thing- the teenager's fear. So in a way, the monster and teenager train 'together' in a way in preparation for the killing ceremony.

The killing ceremony itself lasts for half a day, usually starting from nightfall to morning. If you surrender, you will be punished quite heavily and exiled and the monster will be brought back in, punished (just because it is a monster) and used for another teenager's fear.

Hope that answers your question!

Ah, so there's a one year time limit or something? Kid and monster go train and whatever for the majority of the year, resulting in a half-day battle on the day before their one year anniversary?

Ah, so there's a one year time limit or something? Kid and monster go train and whatever for the majority of the year, resulting in a half-day battle on the day before their one year anniversary?
Yeap. When they're 15, they're automatically 'registered' to it and a monster is assigned to them.

Yeap. When they're 15, they're automatically 'registered' to it and a monster is assigned to them.
Aha. Is there any particular point in this whole coming of age ceremony, or is it just a cultural 'man da fuck up' thing?

Might be unusually cruel and entertaining if a monster x human ship came from the fact that the monster took the form of a loved one that the human recently lost, and the human decides to go say 'fuck you' to the system and try to escape with said monster, whom they've started using as a replacement for the dead person.

Aha. Is there any particular point in this whole coming of age ceremony, or is it just a cultural 'man da fuck up' thing?

Might be unusually cruel and entertaining if a monster x human ship came from the fact that the monster took the form of a loved one that the human recently lost, and the human decides to go say 'fuck you' to the system and try to escape with said monster, whom they've started using as a replacement for the dead person.
I kind off imagined the timeline of this to take place during the medieval times? As such, it's a prove-you-ain't-shit sort of thing.

I'm not sure whether that's possible because it is fear itself like fear of losing someone isn't exactly a concrete item of fear but it can be thought about. :/ Also, yes, that will be fucked up but since it's a hybrid of a monster and a human, it does have its own form of a human. XD

Hm...a lot of fears are fairly conceptual though. Fear of heights, fear of darkness, fear of closed spaces. How exactly would those things be translated into a monster? Got any examples?

Hm...a lot of fears are fairly conceptual though. Fear of heights, fear of darkness, fear of closed spaces. How exactly would those things be translated into a monster? Got any examples?
If it was for heights, it could be a monster that could fly and constantly challenged you to rid yourself of that fear because you need to work in that environment with relation to your fear too. So I guess it could be incorporates with the environment and how they fight.

Waow, those kingdom dudes are real assholes.

>sees flying monster
>gives dude a knife and tells him to jump off a cliff to stab it dead
>neglects to teach him how to shoot an arrow

Reactions: Makomin
Waow, those kingdom dudes are real assholes.

>sees flying monster
>gives dude a knife and tells him to jump off a cliff to stab it dead
>neglects to teach him how to shoot an arrow
ERODE PLEASE. XDDDDD

Lemme guess for other fears

>darkness monster
>gives dude a blindfold
>hide all the lanterns, torches, and other firestarting equipment

>closed space monster
>ties the dude up and puts a bag over his head
>"lol gud luk kek"

But yeah, I'm assuming that the Killing ze Monster deal's gonna be starting at age 15 with the introduction to the monster then? Do they keep it as a really shitty pet or something?

Lemme guess for other fears

>darkness monster
>gives dude a blindfold
>hide all the lanterns, torches, and other firestarting equipment

>closed space monster
>ties the dude up and puts a bag over his head
>"lol gud luk kek"

But yeah, I'm assuming that the Killing ze Monster deal's gonna be starting at age 15 with the introduction to the monster then? Do they keep it as a really shitty pet or something?
HAHAHAHAHA.

And nope, the ones who are in charge of the monsters keep them. So they're seen as 'things' rather than actual beings.

Ah, so how do you envision a human x monster scenario to work out then, if the people in charge are basically going to be keeping them separate until the big day?

Also, how common do you think it is for the monster to just kill the human?

Ah, so how do you envision a human x monster scenario to work out then, if the people in charge are basically going to be keeping them separate until the big day?

Also, how common do you think it is for the monster to just kill the human?
Well, nobody said there was a restriction on how long you spend on training. :3

Also, not too common but it can happen. Maybe one in 20? Depending on individuals.

Is that one out of twenty due to interference from the people presiding over the ceremony to prevent unnecessary deaths involving their children? Or because the monsters, outside of their fear-related gimmicks, are actually pretty weak?

Is that one out of twenty due to interference from the people presiding over the ceremony to prevent unnecessary deaths involving their children? Or because the monsters, outside of their fear-related gimmicks, are actually pretty weak?
No many, if any, are presiding because it's usually done overnight. And I guess it's just by chance. There will always be people who are clumsy or weaker.

Ah, so it's a solo mission sorta deal. Pretty bad conditions if you have a fear of nigh-invincible demon lords.

Is exile from the kingdom actually that bad? Like, is the world outside Inaria basically Dark Souls?

Ah, so it's a solo mission sorta deal. Pretty bad conditions if you have a fear of nigh-invincible demon lords.

Is exile from the kingdom actually that bad? Like, is the world outside Inaria basically Dark Souls?
Still figuring that one out but I guess the people of Inaria has never actually gone out of the kingdom, as such, nobody knows except for those who have been exiled.

Still looking!

If anyone's interested, just shoot me a PM!