In The End

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feodosiy continued forward picking up as much scrap that could become useful as he could and stuffing them in anywhere he could hold it, boots, shirt, pockets. He stumbled across a corpse face down in the pathway with some smoke surrounding him. Feodosiy held a moment of silence, and apologised to the corpse as he emptied they're pockets. He moved on. In the distance, past the wreckage of a part of a building knocked down during the Great Extermimation, he saw a backpack

"Lizzy. Lizzy listen. Calm down, slow breaths... This is no time to have a panic attt-
Ahh! What the fuck!"A hand grabbed his shoulder and friend pulling him backwards. Jordan dropped the phone and pulled away. He turned to face the thing that had grabbed him.
Jordan came face-to-face with a rotting version of himself.
"W-William? Why... why do you...?" A shriek came from his twin's throat and it charged. Jordan reached for the barbed whip and unfurled it.
He knew that this wasn't his brother anymore. Jordan clenched his eyes shut and snapped the whip at his brother. He felt it collide with the body and wrap around. Jordan tugged and the body fell to the floor with a thump. He quickly opened his eyes to se that the whip had wrapped aroundhis brbrother's head and penetrated into the brain. His brother was dead.
(Wait who's William?)

"J-Jordan are you okay?" She started shaking again

Spike watched as McLeod tried to explain things to the girl who abruptly turned to her phone and started shouting again. Even in the supposed apocalypse you couldn't seem to get those teen girls away from then. He wondered for a moment how they even managed to still operate. He looked back at Nathaniel to see his eyes watering as he spoke about the planet self destructing. I guess he had a lot invested into it. Spike tried to sympathize. He thought about his own people, his parents, his friends. They were probably all dead now. He started to feel the loss and quickly stifled it, switching the focus of his thoughts. They were gone, but then again, so were all the people that had enslaved them through financial burden. All those things people used to stress out about were no longer relevant. now it would seem things were back to basics. Spike could do that. After fighting in the war, he found he preferred it out here in the real world. At that thought he eyed the bunker doors. they were heavy steel, airtight and sealed akin to airlock doors on a ship. this must have been a nuclear bunker before the event. He studied the design for a second. Tension wheel, and wheel lock, connected to large deadbolts. First things First. He thought as he pried the lever to unlock the wheel. He then grabbed the spinwheel and slowly started cranking it, the metal screeching as it turned.

"Woah! Slow down, stop, don't open that door!" Nathaniel panicked and scrambled to hold the door shut, "We don't know if the toxins have settled, I.. I can't very well have more people die on my watch." Nathaniel's eyes darted around the room before settling at his feet. A bead of sweat slithered down his face, and for a moment he felt as though rocks had been lodged down his throat, "I'll go out there first." He swallowed hard and crossed his arms, "I won't have it any other way."

"Woah! Slow down, stop, don't open that door!" Nathaniel panicked and scrambled to hold the door shut, "We don't know if the toxins have settled, I.. I can't very well have more people die on my watch." Nathaniel's eyes darted around the room before settling at his feet. A bead of sweat slithered down his face, and for a moment he felt as though rocks had been lodged down his throat, "I'll go out there first." He swallowed hard and crossed his arms, "I won't have it any other way."
Liz kept the phone to her ear as she scrurried behind Nathaniel gripping to the man's lab coat. She didn't say a word but she felt as if this man knew a lot. Not only that, he reminded her of her father

(William is his twin whom mmutated. )
Jordan quickly recovered and swiped up his phone.
"Lizzy? I'm fine. The air is fine. Meet me outside the school." Jodan rushed out of the house, whip in hand and began for the school. Please, stay safe Elizabeth.

Elizabeth pushed past the two men to get outside after hanging up the phone and made her way towards the school. She had her back pack with her, because when everything happened she'd stayed late at school studying for a test and now she was heading down to her dead little sisters school. Great. She didn't stay long enough to know if the men with her followed or not. Once she made it to the school steps she paced back and forth pacing and hugging herself. It was freezing outside. She could literally see her breath in the air. A beanie cover her head and her pink curls scattered her back.

"Sure, Be my gue-" Spike was interrupted when the little girl pushed past them and somehow managed to lift the heavy steel doors by herself, slipping out while the two of them stood there. "Well, i guess she doesn't give a fuck which way you want to have it mate." Spike said.

Nathaniel looked out after the girl and panicked, the air would surely kill her in seconds, but she kept running. Before he could lose sight of the girl, he started out looking back at Spike, "Well, we can't very well let her go alone, shes clearly lost her mind." Nathaniel sighed with grief, and pity. He waved at Spike to follow before jogging after the girl.

Jordan rushed to the school as quickly as he could. It wasn't to far from home. It didn't take long before he was able to see the school and her out front. When he saw her, he didn't hesitate, her ran to her as quickly as he could.
"Elizabeth!" Jordan wrapped her in his arms and kissed her on the forehead before she could respond. He whispered her name over and over again. "Lizzy, Elizabeth, Liz, Lizzy."

Feodosiy leaped behind the wall, glimpsing another human. Except not. Covered in tattered clothes, the 'human' had cuts all over their body and a pale texture, lumbering around groaning. His boot up against the wall, and a hand on his sheathed dagger. A shriek burst out as the creature saw him, straggling over the rock towards Feodosiy. He ripped out his dagger and ran. Just ran. Jumping up a pipe, he made his way onto the second floor of the building, the wall torn off. The mutated person beneath screamed at him and started making its way up the pipe. Grabbing the broken fridge, he pushed it off the building and averted his eyes as he heard a squelch. What had this world become..

Jordan rushed to the school as quickly as he could. It wasn't to far from home. It didn't take long before he was able to see the school and her out front. When he saw her, he didn't hesitate, her ran to her as quickly as he could.
"Elizabeth!" Jordan wrapped her in his arms and kissed her on the forehead before she could respond. He whispered her name over and over again. "Lizzy, Elizabeth, Liz, Lizzy."
"Jordan!" Elizabeth ran into his arm burying his face into his chest. Tears racked her voice. She wanted to say so many things to him but she couldn't. She was to happy he was here and still alive. Too happy. But was that the reason she could barely breath? Her throat was dry? Or was it the toxins the men had warned her about? Was her care for Jordan so strong that she in dangered the both of them. Her face was pale as her legs started to give out and she began to fall to the floor. Everything was blank after that.

Nathaniel looked out after the girl and panicked, the air would surely kill her in seconds, but she kept running. Before he could lose sight of the girl, he started out looking back at Spike, "Well, we can't very well let her go alone, shes clearly lost her mind." Nathaniel sighed with grief, and pity. He waved at Spike to follow before jogging after the girl.

"Sure, Be my gue-" Spike was interrupted when the little girl pushed past them and somehow managed to lift the heavy steel doors by herself, slipping out while the two of them stood there. "Well, i guess she doesn't give a fuck which way you want to have it mate." Spike said.

"What?" Spiked asked just before Nathaniel ran off suddenly. "Well you have fun with that. I'm not stickin my neck out for some liability. I'm going to search this bunker for supplies." Spike said as he turned away.

Nathaniel looked back to Spike who'd disappeared from the doorway, he jogged in place for a moment looking back and forth between the last place he saw the girl and Spike. Slowly, Nathaniel stopped jogging and stood still in the wasteland, the light whooshing of wind kicking up debris and whirling sand around, as he looked between the two destinations. 'On one hand, Spike is safe in the bunker when the girl is out in the waste, but on the other hand, the girl could be dead or meeting someone, and they may have a working car and be out of here--" His thoughts kept rolling as he tried to reason why he should go back to the bunker. Suddenly, Nathaniel heard the sound of a can being kicked, followed by a dissatisfied grunt. His body locked up before letting him slowly look toward the sound. A figure moved through the dust, its silhouette unlike that of human form. Nathaniel peered through the dust and realized that the figure was blocking his path to the girl. He slowly backed away and made it to the door to the bunker. As he pulled on the door a creak echoed away, Nathaniel looked to the beast and noticed it had gotten closer, he yanked the door open, and threw himself inside. He cranked the wheel and locked the door, then toppled to the ground gasping for air.

Elizabeth wrapped her arms tighter around him and then collapsed. "Liz?" She crumpled to the ground.
"Elizabeth!" He gathered her into his arms and looked around for the bunker. Isn't it behind the school? That sounded right.
Moments later he had found the bunker, but there was a problem. Something was banging on the door relentlessly. A rotting thing that was like his brother. Jordan shuttered and gently laid Elizabeth down and unfurled the barbed whip. Quickly and quietly, he crept up behind the thing and began lashing at it, the whip grinding across the door to the bunker and the things back, it didn't have any time to respond. It didn't take long before The creature was a pulverized mess. Jordan rushed back To Liz and lifted her before carrying her into the bunker.
Why did she collapse like that? There's no more toxins in the air, it's clean... Or maybe I've just adapted?
No that's impossible because I was in the clean basement.
Where the toxins could have slowly crept through the door, slow enough for your body to adapt.
Jordan shook his head and walked into the bunker.

Elizabeth unconsciously gripped her arms around her whimpering. But she wasn't even there. She was somewhere else. In the past. At her father's lake house with Jordan and her sister Trollie. They were riding in a speed boat. Jordan and his brother William in the front. Liz was in the back cheering on Trollie behind the boat as she water skid. The 13 year old girl was so talented. Liz laughed as she turned towards the front. William looked back at her..wait, That wasn't William. A corpse took his place. A zombie almost. She staggered back and then Jordan grabbed her shoulder.
"Liz you okay?"
She screamed. His hand was decomposed. Then she looked back up to him. So was his face. "Liz? Elizabeth!"
Her eyes opened and she was sweating. She gasped for breath. Someone was holding her? Who was holding her. She struggled in the persons arms eyes closed again. She didn't want to look. What if Williams decomposed body held her? Or worst, her boyfriends? Tears streamed down her face.

Elizabeth wrapped her arms tighter around him and then collapsed. "Liz?" She crumpled to the ground.
"Elizabeth!" He gathered her into his arms and looked around for the bunker. Isn't it behind the school? That sounded right.
Moments later he had found the bunker, but there was a problem. Something was banging on the door relentlessly. A rotting thing that was like his brother. Jordan shuttered and gently laid Elizabeth down and unfurled the barbed whip. Quickly and quietly, he crept up behind the thing and began lashing at it, the whip grinding across the door to the bunker and the things back, it didn't have any time to respond. It didn't take long before The creature was a pulverized mess. Jordan rushed back To Liz and lifted her before carrying her into the bunker.
Why did she collapse like that? There's no more toxins in the air, it's clean... Or maybe I've just adapted?
No that's impossible because I was in the clean basement.
Where the toxins could have slowly crept through the door, slow enough for your body to adapt.Jordan shook his head and walked into the bunker.

"Woah! Liz! Calm down. You're fine. Its just me." Jordan gently stood her upright. "Are you okay? You just fainted.... bad dreams?" he wrapped her in his arms. Trying to calm her.

Liz looked up at him. She put a shaking hand to the side of his face then sighed in relief. "I had a dream you were..one of them." she let her hand dropped. "You can put me down now. Im fine. Thanyou." she forced a smile.

Nathaniel turned to Spike holding an open wooden box containing what appeared to be a grenade. Without even blinking Nathaniel locked his fingers around the pin.

"Whoa, what are you doing with that?" Spike asked cautiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.