In The Company Of Monsters [ DyingWillFlame x Vin x Skye Range ]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Why me….

The young women wheezed as she stared at the impossible creature before her. He had never tried anything so fulfilling before, his skinner fingers delicately pulled inch by inch. Her life was slipping away, lips parted in a silent scream, salty warm tears beating down on his jersey.

Father is hungry, he answered adjusting his hand slightly. Children can't sustain him any longer, with a pause he glanced up at the moon. It's stars seemed to burn brighter than ever before and a smile formed on his face.

Yes, just a couple more until he's risen.

A final high pitched scream left her cracked lips before the light dispersed from her eyes. Her lifeless body landed with a solid thump as he handled the glowing ball of energy carefully. Letting it up to his face he face a slight whiff before placing it within his left pocket.

We should go, he spoke once more as a small boy fumbled from the woods. His blonde hair looked as if it hadn't seen a decent comb in weeks, without so much as a second glance at the victims body. He held out a hand towards white haired beauty, Jeffery learned a lot just by watching his master work. How difficult it was to steal a soul from an adult as the voices grew louder.

"But we need one more," Jeffrey pressed, his large blue eyes castes upward to the man who gave him new life. "That won't last him another four days."

Patience little fawn," his master cooed that sent a slight shiver up his spine. The large elegant deer horns seemed to glow brighter, sheets of cotton colored locks fell down his slender back touching the ground. Jeffery little fingers touched his own small nubs and frowned.

Contracting a soul from an adult is noisy, yet gives father a remotely full stomach. Next time, we can try someone of a middle age. Would you enjoy that?

Jeffery nodded enthusiastically, his small legs barely keeping up with his instructors long strides. His silky hair burning through the darkness of the trees before the sounds of approaching humans were just a muffled sound.

"What was her name?" Jeffery asked once they stopped at a familiar clearing.

Glenda Barker lived to be eighteen, his instructor answered.

Jeffery mind sparked at the familiar name, his ears flapped and he pondered the name for a bit longer.

Humans are nothing to think about little fawn, he heard his instructors voice breath. After all, it's hunting season.

Vin rested with his back on the ground, no longer wearing a shirt with Analia resting atop his arm, with her arm resting across chis chest, wearing his black jacket which hung loose upon her slender frame. Her legs were exposed and she was no longer wearing shoes as articles of pink clothing rested beside the couple.

They both appeared to be sleeping a peaceful sleep, warm in each others embrace, all was quiet and peaceful, but suddenly that silence was broken. It was so silent in that moment that the sound of a twig snapping might have well have been as loud as a hammer pounding on a nail. Vin's eyes shot open as his gaze directed to the bushes near them, everything seemed silent for a moment, but then the sound of rustling leaves filled his heart with fear. Something was wrong, it could have easily been a harmless animal but for some reason Vin felt like he was in danger and he wasn't going to ignore it.

"Analia wake up" Vin shook Analia trying to be gentle but at the same time rushing due to the feeling of danger. "wh-wha what's wrong?" Analia asked as she began to open her eyes. Vin rose to his knees as he got Analia to do the same explaining "Get up we have to move." As Analia began to awaken she became curious at Vin's behavior and asked: "What? Why?" Vin rose to his feet and picked Anaila up with him as he answered "I think someone's watching us." Those words knocked Analia out of her trance like state as she became filled with embarrassment, asking "What!? You mean like...the whole time?" Vin took her hand ready to move as he explained "I don't know, but we have to move, now."

Analia became worried, she had never seen Vin act this way, so she simply agreed "Ok let me just get my--" "There's no time, we have to run NOW!!!" Analia felt embarrassed to leave this area wearing just Vin's large jacket and stated "Vin I think you're starting to get just a little paranoid. I'll be fast just let me--"

Suddenly she is cut off by the sight of SOMETHING bursting out of the bushes and heading straight towards them. "LOOK OUT!!!" Vin shouted as he tackled Analia to the ground narrowly avoiding whatever it was. Then he immiedietly took her hand and ran for the woods, dragging her by the arm behind him. "What is that thing?!" Analia screamed in fear. But all Vin could answer was "I DON'T KNOW JUST RUN!!!"

Last edited:
Skye and Kyle was sleeping in the giant field on the other side of town, after walking all night they were pretty tired. "Help...Me..." Skye stirred as she heard a whisper. "Huh? Whose there?" she asked sleepily as she sat up, gently waking Kyle from his slumber. Kyle gently swatted her away before finally opening his eyes. "What's wrong?" he murmured sleepily sitting up and pulling Skye against him. "I thought i heard a whisper." Skye murmured softly looking around, but not seeing anything. "Must of been a dream." Kyle shrugged it off after listening for a whisper, but it was silent.

Skye simply shook her head as she pulled away from Kyle, standing. A familiar sense of dread overcame her as she started shaking slightly. "Woah. Skye, Skye...Listen to me. You're ok." Kyle suddenly became more aware of his surroundings once he noticed Skye shaking. He grabbed a hold of her hand, trying to soothe her.

Kyle stiffened slightly when he heard a noise coming from somewhere near by. He looked down at Skye, wondering if she heard it as well, and she had. She was already facing the direction the noise had come from. Skye looked up at Kyle as he looked at her. "Something doesn't feel right..." Kyle whispered softly as he backed away, pulling Skye with him. "You're right. Let's run." Skye said, trying to push the fear from her voice but failed.

The sound came through their ears once again, this time it sounded closer than before. Skye looked at Kyle as he looked back at her. With no words spoken between them, they took off in a random direction.

Skye held tightly to Kyle's hand as she ran. Her lungs where burning, and here legs felt like they were going to give out on her, but she kept pushing herself forward, keeping her eyes on Kyle in front of her. Something felt familiar about the situation they were in, but she wasn't sure why.