In The Company Of Monsters [ DyingWillFlame x Vin x Skye Range ]

D

DyingWillFlame

With a population of 409, the small town of Oak-Herst has been peaceful. Crimes were nonexistent within the tight-knit community. Until children suddenly started to go missing, it was crime to hit the public in six decades.

News spread, a massive search party for the missing children commenced. For the next three years not a trace was found of the missing; an the cold case was closed leaving the town to retreat in fear.

A curfew was set in place to prevent more community members from being taken by an unknown threat. No one is allowed to be out past eight o' clock and to not follow directions is considered at your own risk…..

[ Rules ]

• If you happen to have a supernatural gift it must be nothing game changing. Ex. Necromancy, Telekinesis, Pyromaniac or any other ability that's over powered.

• If you do journey past eight o' clock be careful of your surroundings. Not everything is as it seems within the small community.

• Have fun and good luck uncovering the secrets within your sleepy town or Oak-Herst.

Last edited:
The girl ran through the town. It was 10 minutes to 8, and she didn't want to be out when 8pm hit. She was breathing hard by the time she burst through the door of her home. "I'm....Home..." she called out in between breaths. She wasn't expecting a response, as she lived alone, but she always felt the need to let it be known, as she did have a couple of spirits hang around the house. None of them malevolent, just kind spirits who simply wanted to live in peace with the living.

"You're late young lady." an older voice said with disapproval evident in her voice. The girl looked up to see the most recent addiction to her Spirit Family, as she liked to call them.
"I know Rose, I'm sorry." she said smiling and pushing herself off the door, turning to lock it before heading to the kitchen to make some herself some dinner.
"Auntie Skye! You back!" a child voice called from the living room, running over to hug Skye.
"Well, who do we have here? Is this Alex?" Skye laughed, hugging the little boy.
"Yeah! it me!" Alex cried out, laughing and running back to the living room.

Skye smiled sadly as she watched him run around the living room, smiling and giggling. She didn't know much of what happened to Alex other than what he remembered and told her, but Skye still found it saddening that a little boy, who looks to of been around 4 or 5 when he died, had to have his life cut so short.

Skye shook her head, turning back to the kitchen and finding a can of tomato soup and getting the necessary ingredients out for a grilled cheese sandwich.

This town is covered in bad mojo, little pot.

Five year old Cora would often hear as she sat with Jeremiah on the lumpy couch.

Stick close to the Barker boy, grandmother would insist. I can smell a good anchor on that one.

Four year old Jeremiah frowned his model World War I plane placed on his lap. His large sky blue gaze reflected on his cherished friend that sat next to him fiddling with his model train. Cora flashed a sheepish smile before the boy took her hand, both their bare feet brushing against the worn out cream colored carpet.

"Like a super hero?" He quoted and the old women would nod; before handing them both a wrapped treat.

"You can protect me from the bad things," Cora blurred out and Jeremiah nodded stuffing the candy in his short pocket before leading them toward there next grand adventure.

"Don't let go," Jeremiah urged. "If you let go I can't protect you Cora."

Cora squeezed his pale hand tightly, "I promise, that I won't let go…"

~ { ¥ } ~

Eight 0' clock.

She hated waking up at the exact time after the recurring nightmare. Seventeen years since the incident that separated them both; no matter how many times Cora saw him walk the same halls neither of them spoke. His gaze reflected nothing, brushing shoulders was the closest she would get to any sort of contact between the two of them.

Staring blankly in the darkness, she threw her bed sheets aside. Soaking in the chilly night air from her open window as the moon danced a crossed the floor boards and tickled her dark skin. Letting out a breath, she wasted no time turning on the lamp light beside her bed and sitting up. Brushing the damp dark locks from her long face she focused on the small toy train, back to a time when things were simple.

"Jeremiah," she breathed before her eyes rested on a picture frame. Both of them smiling holding a large fish as another boy stood behind them beaming just as hard, Jeremiah's twin Jeffery. One of the missing; another part of her forever erased in the towns history.

Vin rested his arms on the ledge of his window, staring off into the night sky as the clock struck 8 and the bell from the church in the middle of town rang, letting the whole town know that curfew starts now. He sighed at the fact that he couldn't leave his house during the one time that he would actually want to.

"I hate this curfew." He complained to himself. He always found night time as his favorite part of the day, he enjoyed the cold, he enjoyed the darkness, he enjoyed looking up into the sky without constantly being blinded by the god damn sun.

Vin always had a bit of a fascination with darkness and everything about it, his tastes were what other people might define as weird, he would always wear black, and what would scare most people would often put a smile on his face from excitement and curiosity. He remembered the time a bat had gotten into the attic of the house and his entire family was freaking out at the mere sight of it, but he managed to catch it effortlessly, practically treating it like a pet before letting it go.

All he wanted was to go out and enjoy the one time of day where he actually feels happy and comfortable. But he couldn't and so all he could do was watch the night sky from his window, unable to go outside, almost like he was a prisoner.

Skye yawned a bit as she stepped out of the shower. She dried off and quickly threw on a long oversized t-shirt that belonged to her ex boyfriend. Once she brushed her long red hair and her teeth, she crawled into bed and brought out a book she has been reading. She quickly turned on her bedside lamp and snuggled down, beginning to read.

"Skye! Skye, wake up!" Rose called out to Skye as she thrashed in her bed, obviously having a nightmare. Skye sat straight up in bed, breathing hard as she looked right at Rose, tears falling from her eyes.
"Oh baby girl...It was a bad one huh?" Rose asked reaching out to try and comfort Skye, only to remember she couldn't really do anything other than listen to her.

Skye nodded at Rose before bringing her knees to her chest. "Every night, it's the same thing...I hear him calling out my name but I can't find him. It's pitch black and I have no source of light...Suddenly I hear something coming towards me and I just start running. I have no way if I'm heading back to town or deeper into the forest, but I just keep running trying so hard to get away, all the while hearing my name being called by a little bow." Skye shook as she relived her nightmare.

"God, I miss John." Skye rocked slightly back and forth trying to get the image of a smiling and laughing 3 year old out of her mind. "I miss you every day little brother." Skye murmured as she chocked back a sob.

Last edited:
The smell of warm coffee filled her nostrils as she glanced up from her book. The school court yard was buzzing with students; most hovering to get warm in the chilly autumn morning air.

"Hey,"

Cora glanced up to see a familiar face; sapphire gaze focused its attention. Even now she often felt light headed when she glanced at him, even if it was mostly from a far.

"Your almost done with the book assignment for Mrs. Hawthorn then?"

Cora felt the lump in her throats get bigger not even the slight burn from her coffee mug swayed her from the small trance he offer put her in.

"Cora," he repeated, face inches away from her own and finally she blinked.

"Yes, Yes I am almost done."

A small smile formed on his face, the overpowering smell of his old spice ticked her nose. He made himself comfortable on the wet morning grass, faded jeans covered in leaves that matched his sneakers. Taking off his hat, he ran a hand through his blonde hair once again. Before his gaze rested on the face of his childhood friend before his eyes rested on a fluttering butterfly.

"It's a group assignment, you want to be my partner?"

The question left Cora dumbfounded and finally she came up with an answer.

"Why me? Why now, Jeremiah?"

For a few minutes nothing was shared between them; neither one glanced at each other and it felt as if an eternity passed before Jeremiah added.

"Because I was stupid," he picked up his hat. " and I miss having you around me."

Before she could say anything more he got up and dusted his pants off. Putting his hat back on his head, he shoved his hands in his pockets and flashed a dazzling pearly white smile.

"It's a date then," she finally acknowledged and his grin grew wide with amusement.

"Now your asking me out?" He teased before making his way towards the sea of students.

Cora could feel the warmth in her cheeks as her heart began to race at his unintentional choice of words. She couldn't help but watch his tall figure make its way through the crowd, broad shoulders stretched out and reminded her of a football players. Her eyes glanced down at her luke warm coffee, and now coffee stained pages.

Vin packed his bag, preparing to go to his next class when suddenly a girl burst in the room and ran up to him screaming: [BCOLOR=#000000]"HEY VIN YOU READY!?!"[/BCOLOR]
"Yeah I'm ready Analia." Vin answered.

Analia, Vin's girlfriend, a girl who seemed like his polar opposite, she was always happy, always energetic, and wore a lot of pink. Somedays Vin would actually overhear people as the made their comments. "I can't believe those two are dating." "A peppy blonde wearing all pink and a creepy goth wearing all black that's so weird." "Why would they be together" "They're so different" "Maybe he's going to sacrifice her to a satanic cult" "Maybe she thinks she can change him."

He himself didn't really understand why she liked him so much and he tried not to let it bother him. She was the only one whose never said a single negative thing about him, not even something minor.

She grabbed Vin's hand and started to run, pulling him out of the room before he had time to actually zip up his bag. "Come on! this next class is the only one we have together. I want to get there early so we can sit and talk before it starts."

Vin held his bag to his chest trying to keep everything from spilling out as he called out: "We can talk while we walk, slow down!" Analia did slow down, but it wasn't because she was asked, it was because she had just ran them both straight into the crowd of students all walking to their own classes.

Vin finally managed to release his arm and zip up his bag when she proclaimed: "Lets cut through the courtyard." to which Vin begrudgingly agreed and took her hand again.

Once in the courtyard, the moment the sunlight hit Vin's face he jokingly hissed as he covered his face. Analia chuckled as she lectured: "You're not a vampire Vin. Tone it down." To which Vin responded: "You don't know that. I could be. The whole burning to ash thing could just be an exaggeration." "Oh please if you were a vampire I'm pretty sure you would have bitten me by now." "Oh really, well maybe you just taste bad. Ever think of that?"

Analia stopped in her tracks and turns to Vin and yelled: "How dare you! I'll have you know I taste delicious. I would be a delicacy to your vampire tongue." Vin rolled his eyes and stated: "You wish. You taste like flowers and rainbows, and not the good kind, like skittles." Analia let out an over exaggerated gasp as she called out: "Hey! I taste amazing!" before putting out her hand near Vin's mouth and demanding: "Taste me! I dare you!" Vin raised his eyebrow and argued: "You kidding? You've got nail polish on."

"TASTE ME!!!" Analia demanded with a fake mean look on her face. And so Vin Shrugged his shoulders and answered: "Fine. Alright." And so he took her hand, and then pulled her towards him, using more force that she was expecting, pulling her entire body up to his before he french kissed her. The kiss was so sudden that Analia didn't even close her eyes, and when it was done she was blushing red as Vin told her: "You were right. You do taste amazing." Analia was so flustered that she couldn't say a word as Vin began walking, this time taking the lead and pulling her by the arm, although walking at a normal pace.

Skye blinked as she noticed the couple in the courtyard, and the sudden kiss the boy placed on his girlfriend. "Well, at least they're happy." she murmured to herself as she shrugged and shifted her back pack on her back, continuing to walk to her Psychology Class.

After class Skye pushed through the crowd of students milling around courtyard. There were a lot of students around, but to be fair, a lot of them were dead. Mostly, they ignored her, though every now and again they'd talk to her, and she'd talk back to them, ignoring the weird stares people would give her. She has long since been used to being the "Weird Girl who talks to herself", and she didn't mind it any longer. Hell, she reveled in it, since that meant nearly everyone, minus the few people who made fun of her for being weird, ignored her.

Once she reached her English class she sat down and yawned, having not gotten much sleep the night before. Suddenly she felt someone wrap their arms around her. "Oh! Hey Kyle, what's up?" Skye asked, hugging Kyle back and smiling.
"Not much, just stopping in to see the best girl in the school." Kyle said laughing and poking Skye's forehead.

Skye laughed a bit and shook her head. She knew Kyle had a crush on her, but she wasn't interested in dating at the moment. She was glad that Kyle understood that and continued to be her closet friends in the school and town.

"So not the best girl." Skye murmured softly lightly smacking his hand away. Kyle laughed and said nothing more as he hugged her tightly again, taking a seat in the desk right next to her, as they both had this class together.

Being late to English wasn't what she had in mind and neither did Jeremiah as they both entered the classroom. Both with sheepish smiles they separated taking what little empty seats left over in class.

Unfortunately the only seat left over was with Skye —- The Dead Whisperer. She had heard the stories; the rumors that she was the main cause for the towns misfortune. The last of the Hallow legacy of witches but it was just a rumor after all and as Cora took her seat the uneasiness subsisted slightly. Class had already started, Skye more focused on what was out the window than the lesson. Taking notes for the assignment for the week and the book report project due the coming Friday she often wondered how the girl always kept up.

"Skye, can you read where we left off?" Mrs. Hawthorn instructed.

Silence and stares made the atmosphere in the room rise up a notch. It was something Cora never bothered to over come but she glanced over at Skye. Her blank expression clear on her face that she was indeed had no clue what page or where the last person stopped reading. Without thinking, Cora pushed her glasses up the brim of her nose and swiftly pointed at the O'Hara grab to start reading before turning her attention else where. Skye began to read and the atmosphere subsided once more.

With a comfortable breath the lesson flew by in an instant and the lunch bell rang. Collecting her things another voice called out from behind her,

"Nice save,"

Turning around to face a green eyes boy, his papers scattered over his desk as if a tornado few by. A warm wolffish grin formed on his heart shaped face before his attention rested on Skye.

"Anytime. " Cora returned with a small smile, before returning back to collecting her belongs.

"Not many people would have been so considerate, the names Kyle." he announced, his emerald orbs seemed to burn with enthusiastic glee. His hand extended and Cora shook before breaking apart and putting her items in her bag once more.

"Want to join us for lunch?" He questioned.

"Kyle," Skye interrupted and a laugh left his lips before he backed away from around Cora's dear re-treating to his base of solitude.

"What do I have to lose," Cora found herself saying, which caught Kyle and Skye off guard.

"Let's go."

"Where do you want to sit?" Analia asked Vin as they wandered around the lunchroom, food in hand. Vin looked around and answered: "I don't know. I don't see any empty tables. Want to just sit in the courtyard?" Analia shook her head as she argued: "No way. Remember how that snake showed up last time?" Vin rolled his eyes as he stated: "That was a garden snake, not a cobra. It's completely harmless. Remember how it DIDN'T bite me when I let it crawl up my arm?" Analia touched her cheek and replied: "Oh yeah. What did you do with it anyway?" Vin answered: "I just let it free outside the school. So anyway courtyard? Yes or no?" "Well..." Analia began to answer when suddenly she pointed to a table with only a few people and shouted: "Oh hey they've got some free seats!"

"AnaliaNOyouknowIdon'tliketalkingtopeop--WHOA!" Vin tried to protest but Analia pulled his arm and rushed over to the table, waving her arm through the air as she excitedly called out: "HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Vin recognized only one of the people in that table, but only because he was familiar with the rumors. He never really cared about them, they were just things he would happen to overhear sometimes when he walked around. Skye, the girl who's always talking to herself.

Analia sat herself down, not even waiting for an invitation as she cheered: "Hi everyone. I'm Analia, this is my boyfriend Vin. We're gonna sit with you guys. If you don't wanna talk to us that's fine. Vin's pretty introverted so he won't take offense. But if you do wanna talk, I'm incredibly extroverted so I would love a good conversation."

Skye blinked at the extremely cheerful girl. "Oh...Um. Hi." she murmured softly, turning back to her food. Skye shifted slightly uncomfortable as she ate the pizza that was in front of her.

"Ignore her. She's quiet around people she doesn't know. Actually a sweet girl. I'm Kyle, nice to meet you Analia and Vin." Kyle held his hand out to them for a handshake, a smile on his face.
"Kyle..." Skye murmured again visibly sliding a bit further down, blushing softly. She doesn't mind socializing, but only when it's people she knows. She's accustomed to normally being alone, due to the whispered rumours and such.
"Lighten up Skye! They don't seem like bad people." he said lightly patting her shoulder.
"No offense to anyone here, but trusting random people isn't my forte anymore." Skye murmured, slightly pulling on her black shirt with the pink trim.

Skye drifted off into her own world, barely paying attention to whatever conversation was being held at the table, nibbling on her food every now and again.

"Skye! Skye! Skye!" Skye blinked as she heard her name being called several times. She looked around, but no one at the table had called her name. She then stood and mumbled "Excuse me" as she picked up her bag and ran towards the exit of the school. She narrowly dodged teachers and staff as she managed to exit the school, and run all the way home, breathing hard.

~Back at the school~

Kyle blinked softly as he watched Skye run for the exit to the school. "Um, sorry about that. I'll check on her later." Kyle laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head.

Cora tried her best to keep up with overly talkative Analia. Her bubble like personality was a force to be reckoned with the more the conversation dragged on. Kyle took a bite out of his third slice of pizza, his emerald gaze focused on the group until finally he spoke.

"What book assignment are you doing?"

It was the one question she could talk about for hours. Analia stopped talking as she began munching on her salad and Vin was more focused on his sketchbook than anything else's.

It was not just Kyle and her.

"The Giver," she finally answered and Kyle put down his pizza before rummaging within his back pack and pulled out his selected book.

"Star Wars?" Cora chuckled as he boasted with pride and nodded. "Best series to date considering this is cannon. Who are you partnering up with?"

"Jeremiah Barker." She finally answered and a whistle broke the conversation in half.

"You mean the pastors kid?" Analia chirped. "He never seemed the type to talk to anyone before."

"That's because we practically grew up together." Cora addressed as Kyle and Analia nodded with understanding.

"He's a nice guy, really smart. I heard Harvard already has a vacant spot," Analia cooed. "But he's already signed up for the army after we graduate."

"The army?" Cora question with surprise.

"Yeah, my brother recruited him. I'm guessing he didn't want to tell you considering how you would react." Kyle concluded.

"Anyway," Analia redirected. "about that class book report got any recommendations?"

Vin sat there, taking turns between taking a bite of pizza then drawing as he chewed, taking extra care not to spill any sauce on the pages.

"Seems like Analia's gone and made herself some new friends." Vin thought to himself. He didn't mind as long as he had his sketchbook. When drawing he'd prefer to focus on just that, it was only when he didn't have it that he would sometimes feel ignored, despite the fact that he would hardly talk. Even so He had gotten used to the fact that Analia was the kind of person to try to make friends with everyone they met. But even so she never forced him to do anything he was uncomfortable with.

"about the class book report. Got any recommendation?" Analia asked, which made Cora stare at her in shock as she questioned "You haven't started?!" "Wha?" Analia responded confused. And so Cora continued: "The due date is half over. I'm almost done."

"Wow, you work fast." Kyle cut in "I'm on the last two chapters."

Analia nervously scratched her cheek as she answered "Heh ha. Has that much time passed already?" Analia dropped her gaze to the side, looking almost saddened as she continued "I guess I got a little distracted."

Analia turned to Vin with a smile getting his attention "Hey Vin?" "Yeah?" But before she could talk about what she intended to, she got distracted by his drawing. "Oh hey that's pretty." Analia gawked at the sketch of a large wolf being pet by a girl with a hood over her head. "Is it like a little red riding hood kinda thing?" "Um...I guess so." Vin responded as it wan't really his intention. He didn't like to base his drawings off already existing material, he just drew whatever came to mind but for some reason denying the similarities to other things would make him feel weird, like he had to explain himself, so he would just go along with it whenever someone made a comparison.

"We'll it looks amazing." Analia said with a smile. "Thanks." Vin said, a slight smile formed on his lips that he tried to hide by facing the other direction.

"What book are you reading?" Analia finally asked what she had wanted to. "Oh." Vin responded before reaching into his bag to pull out the book as he announced the title: "It's called "Getting the Girl""

Upon hearing the title Analia put her hand to her mouth and playfully gasped and called out "AH SCANDAL!" Vin raised up his hands chest high and explained "What no! it's not like that. Despite the title it's actually has nothing to do with being a player or anything like that. It's actually really good and I'm surprisingly invested in it."

"Alright it's settled. I've got to go to the library. TODAY!!!" Analia said with and unnecessary amount of passion in her voice.

Skye rocked back and forth on her bed, covering her ears as Rose and Alex sat beside her, trying to comfort the obviously distraught girl.

"Auntie Skye, Auntie Skye...." Alex called, tears streaming down his face as he tried to do everything he could to comfort Skye.
"Skye, sweetie...Did you hear him again?" Rose asked a look of concern on her face. Skye nodded slightly and Rose sighed, trying to comfort the poor girl.

All Skye could do was nod and do everything in her power not to scream and punch a wall. Last time she heard his voice, she had a mental break down at school, and ended up punching a teacher in the face for trying to help. Thankfully, all the students seemed to of forgotten the incident, which only happened a year ago.

A few hours later Skye heard knocking on her door. She tried to ignore it, but it became more and more persistent, so she stood from her bed and went down stairs, Rose and Alex following.

"Hey! I know you're home girlie! Talk to me." Kyle called out, pounding on the door.
"I'm here." Skye murmured as she opened the door. Kyle could see the blood shot eyes, and noticed the tear stains on her cheeks. He immediately pulled Skye into a hug, which made Rose, who stood at the bottom of the stairs, smile.

Skye smiled softly, burying her face into his chest as she began to cry once again. Kyle simply rubbed her back a bit before gently pushing her back so he could walk in and close the door. Once done he walked her over to the living room and sat down, pulling Skye into his lap. Skye hugged him tight as she buried her face into his shoulder and cried.

Alex stood beside Rose at the entrance of the living room, tilting his head slightly. Rose smiled softly and looked at the little boy before taking his hand and going back up stairs.

Ten minutes till seven, the thought raced within her mind. Phone dead, she did everything in her power to focus on the task at hand. You took a wrong turn, Cora mumbled to herself as her eyes scanned for anything that resembled something similar.

Shoulders heavy, legs aching, it was a miracle that she wasn't on the ground crying. Taking shaking unsettled breaths, she tried her best to have a leveled head but nothing seemed to work as her heartbeat pounded harder.

Focus, Focus, she urged. Back tracking down the trail in the hopes of find Jeremiah lake house. It was a path she often took as a child and now regretted not asking for directions before she separated from her small group of friends. Friends, she mumbled once more remembering the trust she often had of others. A laugh escaped her lips as she remember Jeremiah's silent stares and slight conversation.

I don't hand out the friend card so easily, it took me a good three months to consider you as such

"Always present but w-"

"Cora?!" His voice cut through her sentence like butter as she swirled around to face him. His hair dropping wet, navy gray jeans covered in mud, dirt and twigs. His sneakers looked to have seen better days as his blue eyes bore a hard sense of worry. Without thinking her feet carried her face first into his chest, the sudden contact made him stiffen before she felt his solid arms around her waist. His nature-smell calmed her frantic nerves and his voice tickled her ears.

"I figured you wouldn't know the way to my house. It's been so long
."

Glancing up slightly embarrassed all Cora could do was nod, his hard gaze she could feel.

"You're habit for eye to eye contact hasn't changed," Cora whispered and he laughed, she felt his heart race.

"Sorry, do I make you uncomfortable?"

"No," she blurted out glancing up at him. His hypnotic crystal gaze left her breathless until his mouth formed into a grin. Without a warning her warm pale hand intertwined with her own and he used her beside him.

"My mothers has already called yours. You can spend the night after all her have a book assignment to finish."

9:35 that was the time Vin's clock said when he looked up from his book, he was on the final chapter and he wanted to finish today so that he could start the writing his report on it. Suddenly he heard something tap his window. Vin looked over to his window, confused because his room was on the second floor of the house. He watched his window to see if it would happen again, and it did. A small rock tapped his window, then another. Vin wandered over to his window out of curiosity and opened it up before peeking his head out calling out: "Whose the--ACH!!!" unfortunately the one throwing the rocks threw one right as he poked his head out and it got thrown right into his mouth while he was talking. Vin started choking, holding his neck before shouting: "Oh god I swallowed it! That might hurt coming out."

"Sorry!" a familiar girly voice called out. "Analia? What are you doing here? It's after curfew!" Vin questioned, confused, she was hardly one to break the rules. Analia cheered: "I came to see you." Vin was even more confused and pointed out: "Again...It's after curfew. We'll see each other tomorrow. Go home before you get in trouble." Analia pouted her lips as she explained: "Alright. Truthful truth, it wasn't just to see you. I wanted you to show me something." "Me show YOU something? What are you talking about?" Vin asked getting more confused by the second. "The night!" Analia answered with he hands to her chest. "What?" Vin asked and so Analia spread out her arms and explained: "I want you to show me why you love the night so much! I want to see the night through your eyes. I want to share in your fascination with the moon and the night sky. I want to see what you see, the world through a brand new perspective. You always talk about how you loved to go out at night and I want you to show me why!"

Vin was shocked by what he had heard, if it wasn't for the curfew he'd be flattered. So he answered: "Analia there's nothing I'd like more than to take you up on your offer but this curfew is in affect for a reason. There's a crazy kidnapper on the loose!" Analia brushed off Vin's concerns stating: "That person kidnapped little kids. We're not kids so they won't come after us." Vin tried to argue but that argument seemed to make so much sense that he couldn't thing of a counterpoint and answered: "Ok that kind of seems like something that sounds logical at first but than later we're going to find out that it's actually dumb. Besides it's not just a psycho we have to look out for. If the cops see us we'll get in serious trouble." Analia dropped her hands to her side and explained: "Vin. I'm already outside, I'm already here. I'm already going to get in trouble. Can you please just...help me make it worth it."

Vin turned his gaze to the side and pondered on her request, then looked back towards her and answered: "Alright just give me a minute." "Yay!" "And keep it down before my parents here you." "yaaaaay."

Vin got dressed and stuff his pillows under his blanket to simulate a sleeping body before climbing out of his window and dropping down to the yard to meet Analia you met him by jumping up to him with a tight hug. Vin spun her around with this hug before letting her down and giving her a gentle kiss, then asked: "So where do we go first?" to which Analia chuckled before she answered: "You're the expert. You tell me." Vin gave her a soft smile as he took her hand and led the way, as he requested: "Alright than. Follow me."

Skye blinked her eyes open as she noticed a warm body under her, which she wasn't used to.

"Heey. You awake?" Kyle asked pushing hair back behind her ear, smiling softly.
"Yeah...What time is it?" Skye asked rubbing her eyes and looking at him, smiling softly.
"Around 9:30ish I think." Kyle laughed softly before placing his arm over her legs.
"Oh no! I'm so sorry! You can't go out now!" Skye gasped out as she placed her hands over her mouth, shocked that she had kept him out past curfew.

Skye stood from his lap before Kyle could say anything and started pacing before finally stopping and taking a deep breath.

"Alright. I'll walk you home." Skye said turning to face Kyle as he started shaking his head and standing.
"No. I am not letting you do that. It's fi-" Skye cut off Kyle with a quick kiss.
"I'm doing it. Let's go." Skye said as she pulled away from the kiss, blushing softly and going to the front door. Kyle was to dumb founded to say anything and simply nodded, following her.

After getting her shoes on Skye took a hold of Kyle's hand, taking a deep breath and opening the door. Kyle had regained his senses once he felt her hand in his and squeezed gently, nodding at her with a look of concern. Skye smiled at him and they both stepped out into the night. 'So far so good.' Skye thought to herself as Kyle and her began to walk towards the other side of town.

"We are finally done," Jeremiah breathed shoving his assignment aside. His blue eyes wondered over to the girl who scribble on her notebook quietly.

"I'm done as well." She replied, her tone of voice was always light. It made him feel relaxed even when his mind often wondered, he missed that voice.

"Sandwich?" he chimed in handing her one from a small plow on his night stand. She took one and for a slight second there fingers brushed before she took a bite of the turkey and cheese. His heartbeat quickened once again and he was staring at her face tracing the outline of her jaw and resting towards her-

"Water?"

He blinked for a moment as his eyes focused on her deep brown ones. He adjusted his glasses and fumbled with his glass he drank just moments before. With a slight smile she took it from him and drank a few gulps before finishing the last few bites of her late night snack.

"Want to go to the lake?" He questioned, she glanced back up. Eyes full of thought before the words he knew would spill from her mouth came out in a rush of warning.

"Curfew, remember?"

Jeremiah smile widened as he got up from his chair and stretched. "I won't let go if you don't," he reached out a hand and watched her face change from calm to surprise before shifting something else he couldn't read. "I'm the hero after all. Aren't I?"

A smile followed by a laugh left her plump lips, lips he wanted to taste but though better of it as he pulled her up from the wooden floors that decorated his room.

"Fine, " she reluctantly agreed. "Don't let go, Jer-bear."

There hands intertwined as he chuckled at the sound of his silly nickname one of many. He was surprised she remembered but she seemed to always surprise him the more the spent time together. The more his feeling grew, it was hard to piece them all together to come up with a conclusion. How much do J like her?

Turning off the light and rushing down the stairs, he slid the back door to the yard open. A lake sprawled out in front of them, it glittered under the yellow moon. His eyes wondered back to her face again, a habit he couldn't seem to get rid of as she brushed her hair behind her small ears. Her hands felt warm, comfortable as she took in the familiar and missed sight before her.

"I'm sorry," the words tumbled out as she focused up at him. He marveled at how short she truly was and he secretly enjoyed towering over the one girl he couldn't seem to stop thinking about.

"It was wrong to push you away because of what happened to Jeff-" the rest of his words caught in his throats as a high pitched scream filled the air. His arms instinctively brought her closer to him, the sound of his family footsteps rushed out and just as quickly as it came their presence was know.

"Get inside," his fathers words demanded a rifle in hand. "Someone broke curfew."

Vin and Analia sat on the grass, near a cliff overlooking the entire town, lit up with the lights of homes and streetlights. Analia rested he head onto Vin's shoulder as she declared: "This...was...the greatest night ever." Vin smiled as he rested his head on her head,and told her: "I'm glad you liked it so much." "It was amazing." Analia removed herself from his arm so as to look him in the face as she cheered: "I had been to all those places before, but being there at night, the way you showed it to me. It was like I was in a completely different city."

Analia hugged Vin with a large smile plastered on her face and Vin wrapped his arm around her. Then suddenly Analia's smile disappeared as she began to speak: "Um...Vin--" "Shh." Vin interupted, not noticing Anaila sudden change in expression as he stated: "I saved the best for last. Watch."

Analia looked and could only utter the words: "Oh my god." when she saw the sight before her. Hundred of fireflies had appeared around them, their lights dancing around them through the night, one even landed on her finger before flying off. Some of the fireflies flew so close to the couple that they would illuminate Vin's face, highlighting his facial features, making him look almost like a glowing angel in the night. The sight of these floating lights dancing in the night was so beautiful that Analia actually began to cry. Vin saw the tears drip down her face and asked: "Are you ok? Did you not like it?" Analia shook her head and looked at Vin as she answered: "No it's just...so beautiful. Thank you Vin. Thank you for showing me this." Vin gave off a smile and replied: "I'm glad you like it."

Analia pressed her hand to Vin's chest and asked: "Vin...do you remember the day we first met?" Vin looked down at her, confused about what brought about her question and asked: "Yeah. Why?"

Analia then began to relive the story, Vin wasn't sure if she had heard him or not but regardless he let her talk. "It was in the winter, before the curfew was put into affect I was out extremely late. So late that, even though there was no curfew, no one was outside, I had fallen off that small bridge over the river. The river was frozen, but the ice was so thin that when I hit it, I fell right through. There was a strong current under that ice and i was pulled away from the hole I had fallen through. I couldn't get out, I couldn't find any openings, I couldn't breath. And that's when you came in. You broke through the ice yourself and dove right in. You could have gotten yourself killed, but you jumped in after me. I don't know what happened next though. I blacked out from the lack of oxygen, and when I woke up you were there right besides me. You saved me."

"Analia." Vin didn't know what to say. He didn't know why she was suddenly talking about this day but regardless he let her continue.

"I could never forget your face after that. the face of the one who saved me. But when I saw you at school. You didn't say anything, not hi, not nothing. You expected nothing from what you did, not even friendship. I actually felt a little insulted heh ha. I must have looked so weird to you, asking you out on a date after that with that serious expression. You were confused but I said that I wasn't asking you to bee my boyfriend just go on a date and we'll see what happens. I was so upset that it probably felt more like a threat than an actual date. But regardless we both had a good time, and we eventually became official."

Vin finally felt like he should ask: "Why are you bringing this up now?" Analia rested her head on Vin once again and answered: "There's something I never told you about that day. I didn't fall into that river by accident. I was trying to kill myself." Vin was shocked to hear this and questions: "Analia what are you--" But Analia continued: "I had tried numerous things before, but I always stopped before I could go through with it. I wanted to do something that I couldn't back out of, that why I chose the frozen river, I knew I'd try to escape, and I knew I wouldn't have been able to."

Analia began to cry tears of sadness and so Vin suggested: "What do you say we get you home and--" "NO!!! PLEASE!!!" Analia interrupted screaming: "Please don't take me home! Anywhere but back home! Please!" Vin looked at Analia with concern and asked: "Analia, what's going on? Why don't you want to go home?"

Analia held Vin tighter, feeling safer when she was in his arms then explaining: "It's my dad. He's always drinking. Before the curfew I would always stay at school or the library or anywhere just to try to get home late enough that my dad would already be passed out when I got there. But ever since the curfew got put into affect, it's become so much harder to avoid him. He gets so drunk, he starts cursing, then when he stops, that's when things get worse."

"What does he do?" Vin knew this was hurting Analia but he felt he needed to hear the whole story. "He...he...I can't...I don't want to get into it. That's why I came out here. I wanted just one night where I didn't have to think about it. I guess I'm doing a bad job of that huh? I'm sorry."

Vin held her tight then looked her directly in the eyes as he stroked her cheek and explained: "You don't have to go home. We don't have to go anywhere you don't want to. We can do whatever you want. We can stay out all night if you want to."

All went silent for a moment as Analia delivered a long kiss, that felt like it lasted an eternity before she stopped to declare: "I love you."

VIn's eye's widened in shock, even after this talk he never expected her to say that. The words escaped him, he didn't know how to respond. "I...I..." He believed that he wanted to say those words back but he just couldn't. His body then felt like it had begun to move on it's own as he leaned forward and kissed her back. The kiss was long, and felt the same as any other kiss but yet somehow different, as if those simple words had changed the way that her lips had felt to him. He stroked his hands through her long blonde hair, and she did the same with his long black hair. Eventually they both ended up falling to the ground.

"I...lo..." Vin tried one last time to get the words out as he looked down at Analia, lying on her back, his hair falling down around her face like black curtains. Analia looked up into Vin's eyes, rubbing his cheek with her slender fingers and told him: "You said I could go anywhere I want. Well all I want...is to be where you are."

Vin grit his teeth, still trying to get words out when suddenly he slowly started to drop down towards her, their faces closing in on each other almost as if for a kiss, but rather than that, Vin's lips went right past her mouth, to the side, leaning all the way down to her ear where he lightly whispered: "I love you." directly into her ear.

The sound of those words sent a chill up her spine, and caused her face to go red. She began to breathe a little more rapidly than normal, before delivering another kiss to his lips as one hand grabbed Vin's back while her other hand slowly moved up to Vin's chest, slowly sliding down his torso.

Skye and Kyle walked through the town laughing, talking, and holding hands. Everything felt right, peaceful almost. Once they came upon Kyle's house, Skye's face fell, not wanting the night to end. "Hey. Why don't we go to the park?" Kyle asked, gently placing a hand on Skye's cheek. Skye looked up at him and smiled, kissing him again before nodding. With their hands intertwined they began their trek to the outskirts of town towards the park.

Once at the park they sat on the swings, still holding hands. Skye looked up at the night sky and sighed softly. "You know...I never realized how beautiful the moon and starts was." Skye whispered, not wanting to break the trance the night had to offer. Kyle didn't say anything as he watched the smile on her face. Finally, after what seemed like hours, but in reality was only a few seconds Kyle stood and pulled Skye up and into a hug. "Skye, I know you've told me you weren't ready to date after your ex, but will you please consider tonight a date?" Kyle asked looking into her eyes, hopeful she'd say yes. "Yes Kyle. Tonight is our first date." she nodded slightly, placing a hand on his cheek.

Kyle smiled and kissed her, before taking her hand and pulling her towards the Church that had a huge bell tower attached, which happened to be in the middle of town.

"This was my favorite place at night, before the curfew was placed into effect." Kyle explained, opening the door to the church and pulling her inside. Once she was in he quickly closed the door, and motioned for Skye to follow him as he made his way to the front of the church. Skye giggled softly as she followed him up the narrow hidden spiral stair case that led to the bell tower.

Once they reached the top, Kyle stood behind Skye, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Oh wow...It's beautiful up here." Skye whispered softly as she looked out over the town. The moon shone from the night sky, providing some light onto the cobble stone streets below, along with a few strategically placed lamp post, and small lights on the side of the shops and houses that lined the streets of the town. Skye couldn't help but smile as she looked at the sites that laid before her.

After a while longer of looking out on the town, Skye turned in Kyle's arms so she could face him. Kyle smiled as he looked into her eyes. He could tell she wanted to tell him something, but he cut her off before she could formulate the words with a kiss. Skye blushed and kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. Kyle smiled pulled her closer to him and pulled far enough away to break the kiss, but still close enough their lips would brush against each other if they were to speak. "Be my girlfriend?" Kyle whispered softly, looking at her with hopeful eyes once again.

Skye was shocked by his question, and stayed silent as she looked back at him. She had began to notice she had feelings for Kyle about a month after Daniel broke up with her because he was moving out of town. She never said anything to Kyle because she never felt she deserved him, but after the way he comforted her tonight without even a word, and let her sleep on him way past curfew, she figured she'd give it a shot. "Kyle...I've liked you for 7 months now...But I always felt you could do better than me, but after tonight I'm willing to give this a shot." she whispered softly, so as not to disturb the moment. Kyle smiled and pulled her even tighter against him as he kissed her again, pulling her hair from their pigtails so he could run his fingers through it. Skye smiled softly, running her fingers through his shoulder lengthened black hair.