IN HER DYING EYES-the black embrace

Anastasia admired the boys fasique.

She had to admit, for something like a vampire, a creature, he was absolutley handsome..

She couldnt help but blush and look away

she had to focus

"Unique... thats a good word for it" She joked as they made their way outside

"I just hope we can fix it... tonight I have to go to dinner with my family..

We eat every sunday together and if I dont show they will know something is wrong...

your welcome to join."

She made sure it wasnt a question but rather a statement.

She did need to be home however so her parents knew she was safe.

She had to admit, it would be interesting for Armand to meet her family

she was big, not as big as she made it out to be

"If I wear a XXL shirt they wont notice" she shrugged.

"But what about next week... and the week after that?" Armand said. "Transylvanians and vampire don't mix well... especially OLD transylvanians." armand pointed out wth his eyebrows raised. He stretched a little and walked over to her, sittign on the bed close to her.

" I Can't guarantee how fast a cure will be ready... hmmm... maybe i can convince your school that your on an internship or something." he pondered, going over the partials in his head. "Maybe posing as a homosexual fashion designer and I need a new assistant overseas for a month..." he mused. obviously he was a master of assuming identities after being around for as long as he had.

"Perhaps 'I' can take you and your family to dinner tonight... someplace ritzy." he smiled, looking from her stomach to her eyes.

"Sure.... it will be very uh.. intresting"

She concluded rubbing her stomach softly.

He was correct... her family were cold blooded transylvanians and could probably spot

something wrong with Armand right on the spot

"Just.. try to be inconspicuous.."

She pleaded with him

he was correct that the school idea might work...

he was obviously very good at liying

or he did it very often

perhaps even both

"I have a theory." Armand said, standing up from his table. he walked towards the window and looked over the courtyard of the hacienda-esk motel.
<o:p> </o:p>
"The Gaia strain should not have done what it did on a normal human female. So of course there are only two possibilities left." He said, turning to face her. He made a sly gesture with his hand, his other diving into his pocket.
"Either the sample induced to you was tainted, or you yourself have mutated it beyond the parameters of its natural processes." He smiled a little and made another gesture.
" It really is that simple. Do you have anything in your personal or maybe family past that could…be pertinent?" he asked sheepishly. Her body was VERY goddess-like now. He imagined it must be terribly inconveniencing and a good bit annoying to be in her position. God she looked pretty though.
"Uhm… b-because I'm VERY sure the sample wasn't contaminated." He added, scratching his head.

"So.. call yoru parents and tell them Your brigning a guest. Amilio... salvator, a photographer whose been takign up alot fo yoru time... a bit of a prudish man too." he said, sighing. he hadn't pulled off such a wierd lie in awhile.

there was a honk of a car horn outside three sharp beeps and one long. "OOP, thats Jared!" he said, gathering his things. " Oh and... if you feel somethgin move... don't panic." he said, pattign her tummy. " okay?... okay." he said, waltzing out the door to the waiting limo.

Anastasia thought about his question...

Anything personal?

She thought hard a moment and shook her head slowly "No... Im not allergic to anything that I know of..

Maybe my parents might know of something... I dont know whats relevant and whats not is there something key that might

mess up whatever you guys are trying to create?.. what certain things

might contribute to the contamination of it? though I am quite sure its your scientists who contaminated it"

She said eyeing him slightly but making sure she didnt get herself upset about it. She knew all too well what that might cause.

She didnt feel like expanding.

"Moving... you mean like somethings INSIDE?" She asked him as he made his way out of the room.

She shook her head and threw on an extra big T shirt she had packed when they were at her house earlier

It did justice, hiding her belly well.

Dinner should be very interesting

"And who is Jared?" She asked as the door shut behind the two

"My driver." he said simply, Getting his things and leaving the room. there was slight speech between people and then an even taller man entered, asking to grab her things. he wore a red suite and his long white hair drapped over his rather pointy ears. He put his hair up on a knot with a ribbon swiftly, revealign his fully elven features. a sight to see indeed for someone unocustomed to the paranormal.

"C'mon Jared, It's eighteen miles to her parents house, lets get going." Armand yelled from outside, rattling somethign. he was adorning himself with a suite jacket, slim glasses and bright yellow scarf.

With all the wierd happenings lately, Anastasia barely reacted to to mans appearance as they got inside the limo

She was more nervous about what her parents might think and what they would do if they found out about what was hiding under her shirt

"So back the... when you said dont be afraid if something begins to move.... is there something inside of me... alive?"

She asked as she eased herself into the back of the Limo

"I mean Im not going to give birth or anything right?"

She laughed only half way joking... she began to experience some of the symptoms of being pregnant

the fatigue and random sickness

she just hoped this thing could contain itself atleast through dinner with her parents.

"Birth? hahaha... not for a couple months IF it gets that bad before the cure takes effect. " he smiled, lookign at her. "Just don't panic if somethign moves. your NOT pregnant." he said reassuringly.

"Now lets get going." he siad, hauling himself into the vehicle. Minutes later, they were on their way to her parents place. armand leaned over to her and whispered into her ear.

"Might want to call zem dear, they vill vant to knows you has company." he said in a VERY convincing foreign accent splattered with flowery notes. his costume was complete.

She wondered what he meant by not for a couple of months but decided to not press the issue

She was impressed by his accent but she was still nervous her parents would suspect

Something. She called home to let them know

She had just been busy with school and that she and a friend would be to dinner

Shortly. Her mother of course welcomed the idea and before they knew it

They knew it they were pulling up

"Just..act natural .. not too natural" she said to Armand as she slid out of the limo

Taking a deep breath

This would indeed be interesting

Armand leaned over to her as they approached the steps to their destination. "Lean forward, your carrying your weight like a pregnant woman." he whispered, walking in a swagger with his hand pressed to his side and a dumb smile on. He was truly laying it on thick for her benefit. " you owe me." he said before the door opened.

As soon as he told her how she looked she sat up straight and leaned a little more forward

She had just enough time to do so because the door opened and her mother immidiatley answered

"My love! În cazul în care ai fost???"

She asked in Romanian, which all transylvanians knew.

"I have just been out mother.. catching up on work and such

Luckily her mom had been cooking because she had on on apron and looked all greasy

so she just leaned in and gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek

good no hugs...

She then looked at Armand up and down before settling her eyes on his yes

She stepped inside to let them pass

"Dinner will be ready soon"

"And you are what has been keeping her so busy no?"

"Grazious no, Tis her beautiful eye for photographie zats kept her away." He giggled girlishly, throwing his head back and following Anastasia.
"Zour daughter has a vunderful artistic eye. Four minutes into her interview I fell in love vis her style, so here ve are, she helping me vis a photo shoot outside town.

Ze leaves here are just spectacular!"

He Sat down impetuously without waiting for permission. Inside he was twitching because of his lack of manners, but hey, whatever it took.

Anastasia's mom seemed startled at it all..

They didn't really have many feminine boys back in

Transylvania and they sure didn't have them in this town

"Photos?..of Anastasia? That's strange because Anastasia normally

Is the photographer" her mother insisted looking at them both

With curiosity. "What are you wearing?" She concluded looking at her daughters

Choice of fashion..the big shirt and all

Anastasia shrugged "felt like being comfortable "

She lied rather quickly a trait she didn't know she had until now.

Her mom one last glance before shrugging herself and gesturing

Towards the kitchen "well I hope your guest likes transylvanian food "

Armand sat still when the eyes were off of him. " You doing alright?" he said under his breathe to her as they made their way to the dinning room. his nerves were tight, but his disguise was tighter. if need be, he cuold glamour them all and split with anastasia.. but... did he really want to ruin things with his trickery?

There was something soothing and pure about this place.

Anastasia looked at armand and sighed rubbing her stomach while no one was looking

she shrugged

"As good as I can be right now"

she said blankly.. sh wondered how long she could keep this up and she hoped her stomach wouldnt

do anything... suspicious while they were here.

When dinner was ready they all crowded and sat at the tabl

"Armand.. how about you do us the favor of grace" Anastasias grandmother said eyeing armand with her hands intertwined

Anastasia cleared her throat glancing at him

"oh, why sank jou." he said with gusto. he bowed his head.

"Thank the heavens for what we see
Thanks the air and the land and the trees
THank the bounties that harvest bring
Bless this table and all its bounty
Bless us as we go our way
In travels and in rest, Amen."

He smiled and looked at everyone as the meal began.
Armand dug in with gusto as the meal began.
Something horrible was stiring inside her the need to consume grew greater with each bite of food and the smells were considerable enough to befuddle the senses.. Armand stole a few glances at her wondering what was wrong. This experiment had gone far beond the limitations he had set. It was actually integrating her senses to perceive what it wanted. Like a baby crying for food. Armand went over a few number contemplating as he ate.
"Zis is scrumptious!" he smiled, trying to distract the family from Anastasia.
<o:p></o:p>
He had a bad feeling something horrible was going to happen if they overstayed here.

Anastasia had never felt so hungry in her life

She tried to not look worried or anything of the sort but

It was hard..her stomach twisted and turned ready to devour

Her food.. she picked up the spoon shakily and began to eat

Little by little...it was a very complicated process

Because she wanted to throw the spoon and dig in which was not

Not like her at all and her parents would know..

"Are you okay love

You look flustered .... and a little pale" her father asked concerned

"No no.. fine" she concluded quickly as she continued eating

Not once looking at anyone but the food

"Its just good mom..." she concluded before eating another bite

" been kinda an exhausting day so...." the excuses kept comming.

Her mother smiled a little though you could still see concerned look on her face

"Ah..very well then thank you" she said looking at both of them

Appreciation sketched on her face

Anastasia reached under the table with one hand squeezing Armands

She didn't know how long she could keep this up.

Armand flinched a little as she squeezed his hand and started processign info faster. he became slightly more reserved, he kept polite conversation away from anastasia as she ate her fill. He also did a fun little party trick or two to entertain the family. again diverting attention from her as teh food gradually disappeared from the table entirely.

"So, Here is the big nevs everyvone. Anastasi Has agreed to go on a four week trip...with me... to the caribbean islands for a photochoot. i need her artistic eyes to help me. she will be an a crew going to the western islands, as chief of staff, mind you, and i vill be heading a team on the east islands. If zis vorks out vell, she can expecta sizeable commision from my contractorz in the travel agency. yes, zats right, I am a travelguide photographer. I vork for Ze delta airlines, UNT ze discovery channel commision of Food netvork asvell!" he smiled large, holding up two tickets to teh caribbean, and an envelope with other info. he handed a letter to anastasias mother with a six digit amount.
"She convinced me to give the first half of her payment to ju directly. Somesink tells me you'd all appreciate a vacation too. BUT i have vone condition." he giggled.

"NObody bothers us in teh caribbea vile ve vork. teh bahamas are beautiful, maybe a rip back to ze motherland, or, vell personally i've alvays vanted to go to Espana!" he made a few more obscenely flamboyant gestures and such, but halfway through the speech, he mind split in two.

"Anastasia...don't panic. gods you look rough. excuse yourself to the bathroom, i might just have to glamour our way out of here. That ISN'T a fake check by the way. think of it as compensation. I'm not fooling around here anymore." the bodiless voice echoed across her mind as the virus took its hold on her hastily consumed meal.

Her parents looked at the check with wide eyes discussing the matter

In Romanian while Anastasia sighed

"Do what you have to... " she whispered to him as they looked at Anastasia and Armand

"Well...you seem like good people.. if Anastasia wants." Her mom said looking

At the price without even consideration of school

Anastasia glanced at Armand "sure..whatever " she concluded excusing herself from the room quickly

Armand laughed with them for another few moment, not sure what to do next himself. He sat down quietly and resumed eating, taking a drink of water.

"mmm ju reazzy are a vunderful cook." he said again. The effects of the changes in her body started to stretch at her being as she wobbled to the Bathroom. her shirt was literally pullign up infront of her eyes as the stuff grew inside her fromt eh meal she had had.