If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle Joyner

Moop.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Just what the title implies - If you could have any superpower out there, what would it be? Bonus points if you don't pick any of the obvious power picks, like flying, invisibility or telepathy!

For me, I'd love to be able to talk to animals. It's relatively useless, but man... I think it would be so much fun to hear what my cat has to say to me when I boot him off the end of my bed accidentally, at night >_>

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Shiri
If I could have a superpower, I would choose to be able to eat whatever I want, in any quantity, and never gain weight or be at risk for diseases like heart disease, diabetes, etc.

Omnipotence.

I can probably stick with omniscience. If that's too much, photographic memory or just enhanced learning would be great.

The ability to grant wishes, no matter the scope.

To be honest, it's not entirely altruistic. It's also quite handy for self-validation.

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
The ability to know what to say and when to say it. That or infinite survival skills/knowledge.

• Love
The ability to turn back time so I can "save scum" to a certain point when I make a terrible mistake or decision. I also get to keep the memories of future timelines so I can keep myself from making the same mistake. Probably.

Super hibernation, because then I can just sleep for months on end and not have to deal with society.

• Love
I'd want the power to be able to grow/manipulate greenlife!
And to talk to animals :"D

• Love
To understand and speak any language. I'm pretty naturally dumb when it comes to that sort of thing.

• Love
Flight. That's it. I just wanna fly. I'd be the most useless superhero to ever hero.

On superpower I always fantasize about is the ability to share consciousness with another person, to kinda plug into their mind and see what they see and why/how they perceive the world as they do. It would have so many useful applications, like streamlining education (if you know how someone thinks and learns, it's so much easier to teach them effectively), conflict resolution, teaching empathy and solidarity, so many things! Why can't this be real, I think I might be drooling a bit just thinking about it x_x

Flying. Don't care how, though wings would be pretty awesome. In sixth grade, my friends and I had a demented obsession with this book series by James Patterson called Maximum Ride. Yeah, we were convinced that we'd be able to fly one day if we wished hard enough.

*sigh* Child logic.

The ability to control time.

You can basically alter the future and the past and people would have no idea.

• Love
The ability to freeze time without being affected by the amount of time I keep things frozen because it would be awesome to literally have all the time in the world without worrying about growing older and I can learn stuff and write awesome replies and do homework and essays and have time to do all I wanted.

The ability to manipulate gravity at will because it can be used for a multitude of purposes. Want to get from point a to point be? Just fly to your destination silly. Your car breaks in the middle of the road? Pick it up and jump to your nearest gas station silly. Someone pulls out a gun or knife on you? Make that weigh 20 tons silly.

• Love
Healing factor

Telepathy would be more OP, but I get enough training injuries that a healing factor would be very useful and get a lot of mileage

• Love
Omnipotence.

I can probably stick with omniscience. If that's too much, photographic memory or just enhanced learning would be great.
Dang, you beat me to it with omnipotence!

Hm, I think I've come up with a sweet one. I'd like the ability to instil hope in anyone, so they may continue working towards a brighter future no matter what they are facing!

Dang, you beat me to it with omnipotence!

Hm, I think I've come up with a sweet one. I'd like the ability to instil hope in anyone, so they may continue working towards a brighter future no matter what they are facing!

blue lantern!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.