If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading minds or having the ability to stop/freeze time - either one of these would make my life so much easier!

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Omnipotent - just because it's the ultimate power

I would love the power superspeed, but not just any ol' superspeed will do. I wanna be like the Flash and get my speed from the Speedforce as well as all the bonus powers that come with it, such as time travel, faster cellular regeneration, and eating tens of thousands of calories while still remaining physical fit (I'm looking at you @Nav :P)

• Love
Turn into some whispy, smokeball looking ghost thing.

I could fly all over the place and do what I want with no one to bother me. I could also indefinitely bother people by phasing into their homes and tilting all their mirrors and picture frames.

• Love
Hammerspace. (Or, some kind of video game-esque inventory system.)

I would never have to worry about the hassle of physically carrying things around. I would never have to worry about forgetting something important. I would never have to be like "aw, man, I wish I had brought [X]!", because I could keep just about everything I'd ever need with me and it would all be easily accessible without any effort -- all without any of the drawbacks of physically carrying any of it. No more heavy backpacks. No more digging through pockets. No more frustration over the fact that clothing designers everywhere for some reason decided that women don't need pockets.

Because this woman won't be needing any. >:]

The obvious answer for anyone who isn't borderline retarded is omnipotence because no sane, rational, person would impose themselves with anything else unless the omnipotence came with a form of losing my own humanity or becoming like Dr Manhattan.

Regardless, I would probably be want to be super intelligent and just be like Tony Stark or Reed Richards.

I definitely would like regeneration ability since my body is trying to desert me piece by piece. But healing would work too as long as it could be used on me too, not just others. Anything that would give me back the sue of my knees.

• Love
The ability to blast people I don't like out of existence, and to create money as much as I need. Also flying. :)

• Nice Execution!
I've done a lot of stupid things in the past and prolly a lot more in the future so, the super power that i want is to be able to send my memories to my past self so he knows what not to do, and maybe make my life easier in school

• Love
The obvious answer for anyone who isn't borderline retarded is omnipotence because no sane, rational, person would impose themselves with anything else unless the omnipotence came with a form of losing my own humanity or becoming like Dr Manhattan.

Regardless, I would probably be want to be super intelligent and just be like Tony Stark or Reed Richards.
Hell no. "With great power comes great responsibility" isn't just a Spiderman catch phrase. When you have the power to fix anything, then whether you do so or not is your burden. But at the same time, at what point do you cross the line between fixing everything and removing free will? Omnipotence is way too much pressure.

Personally, I'd go for shapeshifting. Effectively live forever since I can just shift into a younger body, be whoever I want to be, almost infinite attempts at life, use different bodies as a way to compartmentalize to better explore myself as a person. Any feelings of body dysphoria gone because I can whatever I want, whenever I want.

The ability to be able to put whatever's going on in my head into words. No matter what it is.

Because I find it incredibly difficult to communicate sometimes.

• Love
Hell no. "With great power comes great responsibility" isn't just a Spiderman catch phrase. When you have the power to fix anything, then whether you do so or not is your burden. But at the same time, at what point do you cross the line between fixing everything and removing free will? Omnipotence is way too much pressure.
If you're omnipotent, then you're per definition capable of making things better for everyone without nudging free will. Omnipotence means being able to do anything.

Not to mention that, being omnipotent and all, you may as well give yourself a bit of time to think things through. Not that that'd take so long, anyways.

Hammerspace. (Or, some kind of video game-esque inventory system.)

I would never have to worry about the hassle of physically carrying things around. I would never have to worry about forgetting something important. I would never have to be like "aw, man, I wish I had brought [X]!", because I could keep just about everything I'd ever need with me and it would all be easily accessible without any effort -- all without any of the drawbacks of physically carrying any of it. No more heavy backpacks. No more digging through pockets. No more frustration over the fact that clothing designers everywhere for some reason decided that women don't need pockets.

Because this woman won't be needing any. >:]

Heh... I believe there was a thread in the recent past that posed this question. And thanks, Kaga, for "stealing" my wished-for power. Though I already "claimed" it in that past thread. Though for me, it would have come in handy when I moved back in 2012, five years ago at the end of this month. Just a snap of my fingers, and I could have saved everything in hammerspace. Not lost so much, then. I'd also use this power to earn a living, because I'd be able to put anything SECURELY into hammerspace, transport only myself to the required destination, then remove whatever it was I stored in hammerspace. I imagine many would pay quite well to move sensitive material with the ease of a simple plane ticket, with no one the wiser.

However, I already have this superpower:

And thanks, Kaga, for "stealing" my wished-for power. Though I already "claimed" it in that past thread.

o_o" I always answer with "hammerspace" when threads like these come up...

o_o" I always answer with "hammerspace" when threads like these come up...

Then we think alike... and this is the first time (far as my old fart mind can remember) I've seen you post in a thread like this.

Edit - Found that previous thread:

Unique Superpowers

Last edited:
I would be a sentient black mass. Able to shape my molecules to any material or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.