(IC) Scattered Shadows FRP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grave robber grinned internally with mischievous intent. He hadn't intended for the dead infant to have such an effect on her but there seemed to be a different look in the woman's eyes now. A look that seemed to cry out for empathy and belonging. Whatever her fetish entailed it likely involved a reduced social life and anything to keep this new found flow of money going would be greatly beneficial to him. So while he wore his performers mask and helped her up and removed the baby from her hands it was little more than just a preservation of a bountiful business relationship. Perhaps his skill of performance and being two faced were working well for him in this moment but regardless he had brought her query. He returned to his cart now and pulled it forward bringing the collection within. Raziel took note of Helen's face again, there seemed to be new life present in her face and almost a blush upon her cheeks. Whatever he had done had impacted her infinitely more than he had expected.

Entering the dank larger expanse of the entry way he stopped short bringing the clomping and rattling of wood to a stop to speak with her. The mule continued to chew likely on what bits of carrot were left over from before. He patted himself off and broke the silence with a somewhat forced introduction but his flow returned quickly.

"Alright, Miss. Will y'iu be wantin' my help with the cahgo this time 'round?"

He expected a dismissal and even took a step towards the door but really just used it to put the unfortunate scene the woman had displayed behind her and recover some of her dignity.

OOC: Ahh well, it'll come to me. It's a step by step process after gone for so long. x___x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nixie dozed off after sometime during the flight taking the both of them to the advanced city of Runesong. The two had not broken word for long, with Vir more focused on reuniting with his mother and Nixie, in eager to find out who was responsible for nearly desecrating their homes as well as a large group of fae folk within the forests of Miestra.

A loud growl from the beast awoken her to a start as she hastily fixed her face and glasses to see what was the reason of her abrupt rest.

"We have arrived," Vir's beastly voice resonated as they oversaw the city just near a cliff.

"What slight is this? The city is but miles away for us to walk into! Can you not fly us closer?" Nixie protested, still reluctant to enchant her fin to two pairs of legs, as she feels uncomfortable with such experience.

"It' because if I fly in recklessly without a message prior, they'll skewer my wings against the walls of the city before I could plead mercy. It's one of the most advanced cities in the world," Vir scoffed. " You wanted to venture in land, you gotta walk and blend in with the human folk and elf folk."

"If you say so..." Nixie grumbled as she carefully climbed down Vir's shoulder and uttered incomprihensible sets of words to transform her fins into legs. The sash that was her only form of clothing for her hips unto her tail transformed into an elegant beach skirt as she stood up, still wobbling.

"I dread to walk in these hideous things," she said with a frown. She found the process tiresome in contrast to swimming with her mermaid tail.

"Well get used to it! I'm not your elegant steed," Vir chided amusingly as his gigantic Drakkin form shrunk back into his humanoid and transformed into a tall man with red irises and a trimmed buzz cut hair, adorned with a savage armour of a remarkable design. Vir stretched his arms and cracked his neck. Nixie shot him a glare before smiling back at him.

"I dare not dream of such fate befalling a majestic Drakkin such as you," she said and rolled her eyes. Vir chuckled at her retort but didn't press any further. Vir rummaged his bag to pull out a simple black cloak and gave it to Nixie. She took the cloak and stared at it.

"Am I not adequately dressed for land customs?" sne blinked.

"You're gonna need that, Nixie. If you go into the border entrance with merely a bra and pair of pants, you'll get alot of stares and a hail of coin and stone too," Vir advised as he checked his weapons. "We wouldn't want that to happen," Nixie nodded and placed the cloak on, and held her staff to her left.

"Are the arrangements complete? May we depart?" She asked.

Vir nodded and the two began their walk unto the advanced city. Nixie placed her hood on while Vir guided her down the hill, helping her adjust to land while ensuring she doesn't trip.

If it hadn't been for the gentle tugging at his sleeve, Seiglinde would have reached out for the bag himself. Rather, he hadn't even realized that he was fiddling with the black silk band around his eyes - it had become a nervous habit. As he felt the gently insistent tug, the fine hairs on his arm stood on end from the cold. He recognized the aura of cold, or at least, what it often signified; some sort of spirit. He allowed the spirit to pull his arm down and felt the bag placed in his hand. Her benediction was hasty and he followed her movements with sightless eyes as she gathered the last few things and headed for the counter. As he looked at her back, he murmured a few words in the Celestial tongue, the spell that allowed him to see the conditions of the beings in the immediate area. Everything he had witnessed within this shop was alive and well, if perhaps a bit shaken in some cases. One however blended in with woman who had gotten the tea for him. Her's was a bright red of living but blended in was the dark violet of neither alive or dead. Was this the Leondra she had spoken to?

That alone brought some concern to Seiglinde. If this woman knew of the spirit, then it might be a friend, possibly a remnant that was seeking vengeance. If she didn't then that proved to be detrimental to her and he was bound by his code to at least offer his help in return for her gracious act of helping him with the tea. With bag in hand, he took a place several steps behind her. As he stood silently to pay, he was relieved to hear the girl who had moved from behind the counter tell a new customer that Mitula was now behind the counter. With a slight smile, he looked on at the pair; apparently they were related in some way, if the bit about a discount were true. He remained silent though, maintaining politeness until they were done.

The part after the =='s is after Shen is done with Mitula and she is available.
Just to make the flow a bit more natural. ^^

Should something happen that would stop said scenario from happening, ignore that part.
-------------------------------------

Elae was sort of relieved that this young girl was not Mitula, more so due to that she would look like a fool entering the store, tearing down things with her wings only to ask Mitula herself who Mitula was. In her side vision a small ferret was interested in one of her wings, as a reaction she pulled them closer to herself in an attempt to get as small as possible, after all she was going to move towards the counter... Hopefully not cleaning the shelves on the way.
The girl who aided Elae seemed to be taken back once the automation entered, all she could really think of was that some of the attention had now left her and she decided to use this time to move about.
"Thank you." Elae let out sort of unhearted. Not due to rudeness but due to her not being used to acting all polite.

Letting Beltorchika take the attention for this round Elae started moving herself closer to the counter, which was really not as large a problem now that she had her wings under control, the issue after entering were more due to the sudden suppressing of her magic, suddenly wings almost fully extended to their full size was a tad worse.

Passing lots of strange smelling things on the way, plants, tea, other herbs and the like, Elae could not help to feel her sense of smell overloaded as she finally reached the counter, or rather the socially accepted distance to stand behind the person in front of her in the queue.
A woman in red, had a smell about her that she couldn't really place, was apparently rather friendly with the apparent Mitula behind the counter. Though between the woman in red and Elae herself there was a rather tall man, Elae being rather short from before made this man tower above her, oddly dressed for her sense but he had a band over his eyes. Was he blind? He seemed to manage to find his way around, perhaps he used some other means of vision.
Elae could do little than wait her turn.

==================
As the customer in-front of her was done and the attention was again on Elae, this was the attention she actually wanted. Stepping forward she finally got to ask what she needed.
"H-hello, I seek a scrying session with you?" not really realizing that she made it sound like a question before it was too late, but it was clear that she was looking for someone or something.

"Draw!" Draren's voice echoed down the streets of the city. The tip of his already unsheathed rapier pointed at the teenager, who was foolish enough to curse the Azaril name, which was not very welcomed in this city. "I said draw!" his voice reached higher volumes now, amplified by his anger. The boy drew his blade, a double-edged short-sword. They began to pace in a circle, each taking their respective stances.

Draren placed his left arm behind his back, and flourished his blade around in a circle. A small crowd had gathered now, drawn in by his angry shouts. Two or three guards arrived, but did not dare intervene. This fight was justified, one did not curse the family of another without the intention to fight. Draren lunged forward, thrusting his sword forward at the man's chest. This was merely to test his opponent. His blade was struck down, and his stepped back. His adversary took no time to return the gesture, stabbing towards Draren. He sidestepped, and smirked, but as the blade was drawn back, it caught onto flesh and left a long gash. Although it was not deep, it managed to be very painful. The hand behind his back moved to his side, pressing down on the wound. "Bastard!" was the only word Draren could get out without screaming out in pain. He could not waste anymore time, he needed to see Virgil to get yet another wound treated. He sidestepped, and then lunged forward again, thrusting his blade forward with great force. This time, his attacker was too busy patting himself on the back for getting only one strike in. His rapier pierced his opponent's leg. Draren did not watch him fall to the ground, he only turned, weakly striding down the road to the doctor's home.

His white shirt was now stained crimson with blood. He lifted his hand, which was also covered in blood, and knocked on the door to Virgil's house. Hopefully he wouldn't have to wait much longer.

"So it's all right, then?" the red-hooded woman asked as she picked up her bag and stood aside to allow the next customer to approach the counter. It was that blind man again, but she paid little attention to him.

Mitula gave a nod. "Of course it is, Shenorai. You're free to stay as long as you need, though I can't say I've much to offer other than the couch."

"Fine by me," came a simple reply, returning the nod.

"You're next, sir," Mitula beckoned the blind customer in a gentle tone. "The counter is two steps ahead of you." Looking back at Shen while weighing his bag of tea, she continued, "You can head on inside if you wish, Shen. We'll be busy for awhile yet. The door should be open."

With a small shrug, Shenorai gladly slipped behind the counter and went through the velvet curtains draping over the doorway. She expected to walk right into the living area, but instead found herself in the seance room. The dark-stained wood and the hanging drapes in the ceiling made it feel like a tent in here. Much like the hanging crystals in the room, the crystals embedded within the wooden panels in the wall began to give off a faint glow as Shen approached them. Though this still made her nervous, there was some relief in knowing there were far fewer eyes watching her now.

She took the opportunity to take a better look around the room. The large, round table in the center had a cloth of black velvet draped over it. Sitting on the center of the table upon a silver stand was a grand crystal ball, easily two feet across. For the moment, nothing clouded the sphere, allowing Shen to easily see the high-backed chair on the other side, most likely Mitula's seat considering the other chairs had far lower backs and more mundane arm rests. The stand looked like it could hold cones and sticks of incense, though how the black velvet was this clean with the presence of ashes was a wonder. A deck of tarot cards were stacked neatly beside the ball and what looked like a rolled up star map was sitting in a box that poked out from under the table. There were other oddities in here, such as various dolls, both wrapped and unwrapped, wooden boxes, feathers, a few bones, and other occult items.

Behind Mitula's chair was a sliding panel in the wall, made more obvious by the fact that it was still wide open. Shen ducked through it easily, but paused once she stepped inside. This was definitely the living room, but there were two men back here. The same two who were brought back here earlier.

"...is everything all right back here?" Shen asked warily.

Back at the counter, Mitula gladly rang up the total for the blind customer. "That's nine copper for the lot, sir. If there's anything else you need, don't be shy."

The next customer, a winged woman with an odd color to her skin and hair, was empty handed. With no items to check out, the shopkeeper assumed that she was here to seek out her other services. And was proven right upon hearing her somewhat timid request. Really, Mitula never understood what it was that made her intimidating to those who walked into her shop. Green hair wasn't that unusual around here, thanks to the Arcane Academy. Perhaps it was her yellow eyes... really, she couldn't be bothered to contemplate more upon the matter.

"Kaya, would you mind the register, please?" she called to her young help. Once Kaya excused herself and hurried back to the counter, Mitula gave her winged guest a warm smile. "Come on in, my dear. This way."

The seer went on ahead of her client, ducking through the curtains and crossing the room with long strides. She eased herself into her chair, crossing her ankles and propping up an elbow on the arm of her chair. Like a doctor examining her patient, Mitula began with a soothing tone. "Pick whichever seat you'd like. Doesn't matter which one. Tell me, what's troubling you?"

From just looking in, Beltorchika could see that there wasn't anything major to be concerned about, besides the fact that she could now see that Elae had wings. Interesting, but not overly surprising. Elae would not be the first winged beings she has seen before. On her travels, an entourage of winged beings with white wings and halos crossed her troupe's path. Through brief chatter, both groups realised that their countries were both quite similar. A country high up in the Hallowed Realms and one far below the surface. Two different worlds and two different people, but producing very similar culture. To Beltorchika, this was what drove her to explore.

...may I help you?

[Inquisitive] Oh, yes. Indded. I am wondering if your shop possess any interesting magical wares that are unique to this city or better, this store?

The store was quite out of the way and the outside decor with that Sphinx did make it quite unique, even amongst this arcane and tech city. Surely there must be one or two interesting pieces of item that aren't sold anywhere else in the city? Even if it doesn't serve a practical purpose, at the very least, it would sate Beltorchika's curiosity. Though that said, Beltorchika hoped it WAS practical. That way, she could charge it to the city as expense.

The queue before her shortened quickly as the blind person in front of Elae seemingly only had to pay for merchandise. Which meant that Elae was the next one in line.
Good thing was that this was indeed Mitula and she didn't seem to have problems with Elae's question or how it was formulated.
Not really wasting time Elae was waved to follow Mitula into the back room as the young girl who had to clean up after the wings' sudden outbursts were called over to tend the register.
It was strange for Elae, all this, actually acting like she didn't want something bad to happen to someone, more often than not she would have little problems, she resonated that it might be due to the sudden lack of control over hiding her wings and actually wanting a service from someone which could not be stolen.
The curtains were easily passed but they still trailed over the wings, Elae really had to get used to walking about with these more often, but they made it so hard to move about hidden.

She was instructed to sit down anywhere in the room, taking a chair sitting in-front of the seer she answered the question.
"I..." Inhaling deep and exhaling, she knew she had not properly asked anyone what she was going to lay onto this woman but proper answers can only be given with proper questions.
"I'm looking for my father. I do not know his name, only very few details about him. My mother spoke of him being a powerful wizard capable of wondrous feats unknown even to most mages. Only physical details I have is what mother told me; A sixth finger on his left hand, pure white -pupil lacking- eyes and always wearing a straw hat..." She knew this was very, very lacking in detail but it was what she had.

Looking questioningly at the Seer she asked the only proper question of the day.
"Can you help?"

A knocking at Virgils door had broken the silence. Quickly grabbing his jacket to cover the burn, he went on the the door. Before opening, he looked at himself to make sure this burn was completely covered, he didn't want the whole city knowing of his powers, only a certain few. Last time numerous people found out, he wound up near death. Everything seemed to be covered, so he opened the door to see Draren...Again. Stepping out of the doorway, he said nothing just yet and motioned him inside. The blood made Virgil fully aware of what had to be done, so he went into his medicine cabinet and got out a pain salve and a bandage to stop the bleeding. "I swear, Draren, you're going to be the death of me," Virgil spoke from across the room.

As he came out and set the items on the coffee table, he said "So, let me see it." It was a good idea to spread pain numbing salves on the injured area and bandage it before Virgil were to take the injury, that way the regeneration could start right away. Virgil hoped this was but a flesh wound, those recovered much faster and were a lot easier to deal with. At least most injuries wouldn't kill him.

Draren walked into the house. "I swear, Draren, you're going to be the death of me." Draren chuckled, and then winced. He wasn't in constant pain anymore, but if he shifted the wrong way his body sent him a reminder that he was injured. "The bastard pulled a fast one on me, Elmdor. I did, however, manage to set another example to those who thought they would be wise in cursing my name." Draren left it at that, the doctor was smart enough to assume the outcome of the scuffle.

"So, let me see it." Draren lifted his blood-stained shirt, seeing the wound for the first time himself. It was long, but not deep. Draren had failed to notice that the sword that cut him was serrated, so the cut was of uneven depths. His body was covered with scars he received defending his family name. Perhaps he could have worked on his temper, but he was consumed in other things.

Approaching from the valley, a lone figure walked apart from the other traffic frequenting the area. Despite the summer's heat and the sun baring down from nearly directly-above, the traveler was covered from head-to-toe in a thick dark-gray cloak; its hood pulled securely over head to cast a dark, conflicting shadow across her face. Though her shoulders appeared quite slender, she moved with ambition-laden purpose, unfatigued from what was sure to have been a rather long journey on the open roads. There were small whispers among those behind her who had taken interest in her curious appearance, quietly pointing out the presence of several weapon scabbards and holsters hanging from her belt. Without any sort of emblem or formal garb, their best assumption was that she was some sort of sellsword or adventurer.

Whether it was simply coincidence, the mystery surrounding her allegiance, or that the others along the road were trying to escape the foreboding 'aura' that seemed to envelop this young woman, she seemed to be separated from the small crowds of her fellow travelers, neither following closely behind nor being followed closely by anyone. The cloaked woman herself didn't seem to mind this at all, or perhaps she didn't even make any sort of conscious note of it as she stuck to her own pace, rarely turning her head to acknowledge any of the little landmarks that the road took her past. It was as though her body continued to travel on its own while her mind resided elsewhere, deep in thought.

"I heard of a place that might have exactly what you're looking for. It's fairly far from here, but I believe if your best option. It's a city that had recently undergone a rather radical change, combining the features of both arcane magics and technology. I'm sure someone there could fix it. There's just one thing... the man currently governing it happens to be one of those dark elves you're so fond of."

She squinted, unamused.

"I know that look in your eye, sister. I've already brought you a map, but you'll have to find yourself the boat. It's right there...

...Runesong."

Upon cresting the hill, the city's high walls could be seek peeking above the remnants of the morning's fog, standing ever-vigilant over the valley spread out in front of it. As a beacon of the marriage between science and magic, its glowing visage was very unique compared to the usual layout and structure of most cities. It was alive with light and activity as lines of adventurers and merchants alike were marching to-and-from the distant populace--its awe was inspiring, even for her, and immediately dragged the cloaked woman from her reminiscence.

The lone adventurer did not dally for much longer than that. Starting again with a powerful stride, she continued her march toward the city's gates. As she drew closer, it became increasingly clear that guards were out in force, checking every person and piece of cargo that wished to be granted entry before allowing them to pass. She tugged forward on her hood reassuringly as she approached, attempting to break her habit of keeping her hands close to the hilts of her weapons for just a short while--long enough to not appear to be the monster society condemned her as.

Seiglinde reached into a pocket and drew out a handful of coins of various metal, including some that were obviously not even from this realm of existence. With deliberation he plucked out the copper coins and laid them each on the counter.

"There is one more thing. A little imp told me that you could see beyond the boundaries of time and I would want to use such a service though I would suggest you handle the others before you take care of mine. It is... not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will. No disrespect to anyone but it is not something even an extraordinary person could bear without suffering. I only hope that you are up to the task."

Mitula gave a slow nod as the winged woman before her described her father. "Sounds like a peculiar fellow," she quietly commented. The seer stood up again, walking slowly around the table as she spoke. "Normally, whenever a client comes to me seeking someone important to them, I ask for something that has been in contact with the target for a significant amount of time. Like a ring they wore, a sentimental necklace, or even a favorite pet, in one case. Whether you realize it or not, you leave an imprint of your own energy whenever you handle something or go somewhere. Sometimes, so much energy has been left behind on a favorite toy or some other object that it clusters together into a sentient entity. Either way, tapping into this sort of bond allows me to link to the target for a short time."

Mitula stopped behind the occupied chair. "But your case makes things far easier. You are seeking a blood relative. His energy already flows through your veins." Slowly, she reached down and gently gripped her client's wrists, guiding her hands up to rest upon the sides of the massive crystal ball before her. Mitula pressed her own hands atop the blue-gray ones, still allowing her fingers to touch the polished stone. "Let's look together, shall we?"

A milky-white cloud seemed to pour into the orb, flowing from Mitula's fingertips. The mist swirled around lazily, showing a reflection of both women before it, with Mitula looming over Elae. A surge of cold, tingling energy was sent from the seer's palms, through the half-succubus's hands, and into the crystal. The seer's reflection rapidly changed to one a dark-haired, pallid-faced woman with glowing red eyes staring back at them. Indeed, should Elae have looked up, Mitula's yellow eyes were now a crimson glow.

The reflection was swallowed by the rapidly-moving mist as it swirled around in a spiral. As though watching the eye of a hurricane widen from above, a gap opened in the center of the mist and widened. Many images began to fade in and out of the gap in rapid succession: Forest-covered mountains, caverns lit by glowing fungi, a dirt path by a ravine, a towering clockwork puppet passing by a cloaked man in a straw hat. There was another surge of energy as Mitula tried to focus more upon the cloaked man's signature. The images flashed a watch tower, a flaming brazier, a caged fairy, and a dilapidating castle before they became distorted. A magic ward, a bony hand extending from a jeweled robe, the man in the straw hat failing to cast his spells, a green diamond-shaped sigil surrounded by white hair, a staff of winding metal adorned with a glowing emerald, a cackling face with dried skin drawn disturbingly tight against his skull as he grinned, a blinding flash of light-!

Then the vision was gone. The white mist had turned a dark grey as it swirled into itself, devouring itself until the cloud disappeared. Mitula's eyes narrowed, no longer glowing, as she slowly released her client's hands. She settled into the nearest empty seat, rubbing her temple silently for nearly a minute.

At last, she muttered, "As much as I hate to say it, your father looks to be in danger. That, or those other two figures have strong enough magic to intercept my Sight." After a pause, she asked, "Did you recognize any of that? The staff? The corpse man? The puppet? Any of it?"

Spreading the pain salve on the location Draren had shown him, Virgil made sure his burn stayed hidden. He didn't need people worrying about him, it's not like he planned on dying yet. Once he finished, he examined the wound very briefly. It was uneven, very difficult to heal from. Well, unless you were him, this actually made it faster. The deeper parts would have a hasty recovery since they posed the greatest risk, and shallow cuts were never much of a worry to him other than discomforting pain at times. Taking the bandages from his free hand, he wrapped it around tightly, as if to protect a wound of his own.

Draren knew the drill pretty well, not that there was much to it. Fortunately, Virgil didn't need direct contact to the wound, but only to the flesh. Placing his hand on Drarens hand, the least awkward placement in his eyes, the wound from Draren slowly sealed itself up and regenerated all of the injured flesh. In turn, at the same rate, Virgil had the same wound, identical in every way, appearing on his body hidden behind his freshly applied bandage. He winced in pain as it happened, but this wasn't anything he couldn't handle. The bandage began to show just a little red, but blood loss was not a cost Virgil was concerned with since his regenerated instantly. Bleeding out was not possible.

Standing up and trying not to show pain, which was rather easy, the regenerator walked to his kitchen. "So, do you want a drink? I know I prefer much harder things than most do."

Last edited:
The two travelers finally made their arrival at the large, advanced city of Runesong. Vir took a deep huff as it was revealed her carried Nixie behind his back, the mermaid having tired out fast due to her difficulty adjusting to walking around land with casted pairs of legs. He still enjoyed the trek, as it felt that it was a means for him to train and because it was testing his stamina as a warrior. Nixie was nauseous throughout; with this being the longest she had ventured out of the water and was starting to regret accompanying the half breed childhood friend of hers.

"Urgh, sorry to be a burden, I just can't stand walking in land for a long period of time," she said.

"Don't fret over it. This is merely another form of training," Vir smiled as he carried on with her latched on his back. Arriving at the gate with various other merchants and common folk making their way into the city he could not help but be curious as to what his mother needed of him this time. Nixie's eyes shone as she was first introduced to such magnificent gates overlooking a great city, with her never having been to the main land ever till now.

"I suppose this is where the carrying ends, Vir," Nixie said as she gently patted his back. Vir nodded and let the mermaid down to allow her to regain her footing. Vir extended a hand to her in a friendly gesture.

"Let's go, If you feel tired again I can still carry you around," He said. Nixie raised a hand and shook her head.

"You've done more than enough, I'll manage from here," she smiled.

The two approached the gate where Vir told them he was there to see Jeanne Rivers, former commander within their military fleet until she retired to be a fencing instructor. Nixie watched as the half breed conversed with the guards on a casual level, allowing both of them entry into the city while she quietly blended in with the people of the city. Looking around while Vir was asking entry into the city, she spotted a strange female with a very interesting aura about to her. Even with such a hood on, Nixie could still feel something…otherworldly with this particular individual.

Looking back at Vir bartering passage to the Chancellor's son's castle where his mother no doubt was training the boy and back to the strange woman. Nixie sneakily passed them both while Vir was demanding to meet his mother (with little success at that) to trail the woman who entered the city.

"She somewhat smells of the same aura that negated my powers a while ago, perhaps she can answer what kind of casket the pirates used…" Nixie thought to herself as she held her staff and followed the woman. Looking back, she could still see Vir talking with the guards, if she could reach this woman before she would lose her way into the city the better the outcome would be.

She hastily turned back to her task, still using her senses to pick up the aura with haste.

It was odd, really, how one man was gifted in such a way. Would the gods not forbid this sort of power, one that could both heal and kill so easily? Pain disappeared and replaced by a numbing sensation, like a ghost of the wound still remained. His hand searched for the cut, but as always, it was nowhere to be found. He always wondered about the doctor. It was if there very little drawback when it came to this ability. Just two weeks ago Draren had seen the doctor about a bone fracture caused by a mace, and with the simple touch of his hands, all traces of the injury vanished.

He thought back to that particular fight, this time he was the one being challenged
Draren spoke to the vendor, purchasing a bottle of red wine. Wine was a necessity, and it was the only form of alcohol that Draren would consume. As he turned to make his way home, he was met by a particularly large man, who smacked the expensive class bottle out of his hands. Furious, Draren's hand instinctively moved to his blade. He heard someone nearby sigh; "Not again..." the man spoke before Draren could;

"You aren't welcome here anymore, go fight somewhere else!" Draren was furious, and his enchanted blade burned his leg as magical energy surged through it. He stepped back and drew first, as always. "I will do my fighting here, and now!" he slurred, too furious that his wine was just wasted, and that he was asked to leave the marketplace he had shopped at for years. The man before him pulled out the large mace that was strapped to his back. Draren had failed to take into account the weapon his enemy carried.

Draren assumed that his adversary was slow, but his assumptions only led to his defeat. The man went for an overhead strike with the mace, which was dodged. Before Draren could counter, he felt an immense pain in his shoulder accompanied by a crunching sound. The man had already attacked again, and the mace had hit him directly in the shoulder, just inches from his head.

As he fell to his knees in pain, he heard the man say to him;
"Let that be a warning, don't let me see your face around here again"

"So, do you want a drink? I know I prefer much harder things than most do." Draren looked at him and smirked; "Unless it's wine, I'll have to pass, my friend."

Elae let the Seer control the room, her hands and though she really didn't expect too much coming out of this naturally hope was present. Having searched for over 50 years a fun and interesting life was without a doubt something she have had, but it was still somewhat annoying to not having found him in this time. If she had already been better at her magical side she might be able to sense him, but for some reason other mages whom she had train her just couldn't make it work.

Mutila placed Elae's hands onto the sphere which was between them, as Elae waited for something to happen, something did. There was a chilled feeling going through her hands, most likely from the hands of the Seer, then the crystal started doing it's thing.
There was a mist inside, no, a storm of moving energy, it swirled back and forth, around its own axis until it's center opened up to show images. After some images had flashed past them a new wave of chill went through Elae's hands as Mitula did something. The pictures were more specific after this, Elae recognized the man described to her as her father in the visions, but not the other men. Though as the magic ward and bony arm of the man in the jeweled robe did his thing it was very clear that the movement the man in the straw hat was trying to was casting a spell, but it failed. That much was clear.
But this other man, who was he? And the diamond-shaped sigil apparently on someone's forehead, was that the man with the bony hand? Or someone else? No, the next picture showed this man, the man with a spiral staff, as someone else.

Then it all suddenly stopped, like someone slammed a door shut in a dark room the images were gone, it was all so... Confusing, yet it told a story in scattered images and understanding.
Mitula sat back down, stating that Elae's father might be in trouble. She could really not disagree with her statement, but she didn't really recognize anyone.
"N..no, I don't. I have no idea who anyone of them are, except I'm certain the man with the hat was my father." There was a little happiness in her words, this was the first time she had seen a picture of her father in her long life.
"Where was this? Do you know any of the locations? The castle? the clocktower? And was that the automaton she met earlier today?" She needed to know, but her geography in this region was rather lacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitula pondered, her fingers stroking her own chin as she thought. She glanced over at the closed door with a raised brow. "That puppet... now that I think of it," she muttered, now standing and going over to the door.

Indeed, when she pulled it open and stuck her head out, she would see that very same automation crouching at her doorway. With no one else needing to pay, Kaya simply told the blind man that Mitula will meet with him after she's finished with her current client. She had then approached the tall 'woman'. From what she could pick up, the young girl was trying to pitch some of the wares that may actually be of use to someone who may not be able to drink any of the potions and teas they had in store.

Mitula pulled her head back into the seance room, glancing back at the half-succubus in her seat. "Well, this is convenient. She's right at the door. Asking her where she last saw your father is as good a starting point as any." Mitula stepped back, leaving the door open. "And don't worry about the fee, my dear. Searching for family is far more important than the usual clients I get." The ones who assume that the creases in their hands will tell them about their love life and that sort of nonsense. Those sort of morons will throw coin at anything just to hope to hear what they want to hear. They deserve to get ripped off, as far as she was concerned.

Although unsure whether or not the automation would be able to fully come inside, Kaya still pointed toward the various shelves they have here. "We do have several different products that many would refer to as 'occult items'. We have crystal clusters that can pick up on spiritual energies, various methods of warding or dispelling poltergeists, a few different ways to communicate with the dead, even a few stones that can gather and store loose energy that can be tapped into by magical means. I've used many of these products myself; I can personally attest that they work."

Elae was partly in her own world for a minute, she now had an appearance of her father, for the first time in her long life, though; was it really him? The few factors she knew did match with him but that is not a guarantee. Although, it was the best lead she have had so far.
How to find him, though? Who was the other man, what's with the spiral staff? And there were so many things unex*
He train of thought was interrupted by the seer stating two things, first was that she didn't have to think about the fee, but... the puppet.. It was the mechanical woman Elae had met earlier that day.
Jumping to her feet she joined Mitula in the door, looking at her hour-long friend. It was true, it does seem like her...
"Thank you, thank you so much!" Elae stated to Mitula as she darted past her into the store. This time she was being careful with her wings, didn't want to tear down the whole store and mix all sorts of potions and brews... could be dangerous.
Not really taking into account that Beltorchika was talking to the young girl working in the store, she just broke into the conversation.
"Where did you see him? Where is my father?" as soon as the last question left her lips she realized that this was way, way, way too vague to go by, and more explanation was needed.
"Not long ago, you passed a man in a straw hat, white eyes and six fingers on his left hand. Where was this? When was it?" Again not taking heed that her friend might have forgotten or not even registered the event, she was too taken up in the moment to really form logical thoughts.

"We do have several different products that many would refer to as 'occult items'. We have crystal clusters that can pick up on spiritual energies, various methods of warding or dispelling poltergeists, a few different ways to communicate with the dead, even a few stones that can gather and store loose energy that can be tapped into by magical means. I've used many of these products myself; I can personally attest that they work."

If Beltorchika could move her eyebrows and lips properly, one would actually be able to see her face light up. Unfortunately, since she can't, it was as if Beltorchika seemed slightly blase. Of course, from the items the clerk girl listed off just then, there were some that seemed a bit like a dud. For example, detecting poltergeists and communicating with the dead seemed a bit farfetched. It wasn't like she denied the possibility of ghost and such. It was just that such things weren't exactly high on Beltorchika's list of interest for knowledge advancement. The last one in regards to storing loose energy within stones, was a different matter.

[Piqued and interested] These energy storing stones, what is the quantity of energy can it hold? Is it standardised across the stones? How is the energy released by itself?

Questions shot out of Beltorchika like a machine gun and a notepad and pen appeared in her hand at almost magical speed. It wasnt even general questions. The first few were, but as Beltorchika continued, the more technical it was becoming. Running through her mind, Beltorchika was thinking of practical applications of these stones. What energy type did it gather? What was the energy output power? Could they be used as energy cells for storing emergency power? Were there mines in which these could be mined and used as small disposable energy source? Things that were probably out of the clerk's capablity to answer. They were questions that required a vast amount of testing and experimenting, but it didnt stop Beltochika from asking. She was excited, contrary to her expression. Only the interruption of a slightly familiar voice pulled Beltorchika from her barrage

"Where did you see him? Where is my father?"

[Surprised] Huh? Pardon?

Elae was obviously in some sort of frantic mood. Even though she tried to explain her outburst, it was shot out as fast as Beltorchika's own rapid fire questions.

"Not long ago, you passed a man in a straw hat, white eyes and six fingers on his left hand. Where was this? When was it?"

Beltorchika blinked in confusion, trying to digest the information. Straw hat? Six fingers? What was this girl talking about. Taking a quick breath, Beltorchika took the entire exchange back to the beginning, sorting and slotting in the information in as chronological as she could get.

So Elae is seeking her father.... and that i have some information pertaining to his whereabouts. Do i?

Beltorchika tilted her head slightly in confusion and contemplation, trying to wrack her brain for any scrap of information. Being mechanical and clockwork didn't actually do that much for her memory and given the numerous fantastical expeditions she has gone on, searching for a specfic memory was a bit of a stretch.

[Concerned and taken aback] My apologies Ms Elae, but i am unsure as to what you are seeking. I do have a vague inkling of a man in straw hat, but i am still rather confused and a bit lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.