(IC) Scattered Shadows FRP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nixie, a mermaid from the neighbouring Mariana Sea continued to meditate in silence at the riverside, attuning in silence with the sea. It's been almost a few months since she was allowed to venture out into the world and as per her customary laws back home, her safety is most guaranteed at any body of water, venture to land and it is not as safe. It was a fine morning for the mermaid to continue her regiment until wild buzzing filled the air around her.

A lone fairy had swam around in the air as the irritated mermaid glanced up at the lone entity.

"What brings you here this morning, sweety? I told you I don't venture out until noon," she sighed.

"Mistress! I humbly apologize for the intrusion! I bring ill news!" the fairy said in a distressed voice.

Nixie's concerned eyes opened as she halted her meditation, while the fairy landed at her palm.

"Pirates! Pirates have invaded our woods! They've started kidnapping my sisters, Mistress! I implore you, we need your help!" she said in a restless tone.

"Where is the lord of this land?" she asked. Her heart fluttered a little, knowing full well who this individual was.

"The Drakkin King is nowhere to be seen! The village has had no sightings of him as of late! Our neighbouring clans haven't even found sight of him in our woods this morning. We believe he is pursuing his training at the mountain above," the fairy said, pointing towards Miestra's highest mountain. Nixie gave an irritated scowl; ever since his reintroduction to his hometown, he has dedicated most of his time to training if it didn't involve hailing the horn at the village's front. The man has become complacent overtime, she thought.

Nixie turned back to the nervous little soul and and smiled.

"Very well, I shall go in his place," she said. She knew too well that if she stepped on land, her kind would not be able to find her or reach her, yet she remained confident that her summoning abilities are enough to hold them until his arrival.

"Go to the village and speak to Elder Rivers, The Drakkin King's grandfather should be able to hail him. I shall keep them busy for the moment," Nixie smiled. The fairy's glow sparkled and with a nodding gesture, escaped her palm to reach the village to find the old man.

Nixie took deep breaths as she casted a spell on herself, the magical incantation turned her blue fins below into human legs. She awkwardly took steps unto the land for the first time in years. Supporting herself with her mystical staff, Nixie looked towards the commotion ahead as fair folk scuttled to her direction in a panic away from the direction she was told by the fairy of the invading crew. She shifted her glasses as she prepared to face the foe that continued to grieve this land.

--------------------------------------

At the top of the highest peak of Miestra's mountains, a young man stood in full concentration at his opponents. Large bird-like beasts glided around the armoured man and cawing ominously, their sizes almost ten times bigger than that of the man who stood there. His face carried that of a playful smile but belly his analysis of the opponents. The gigantic Griffons roared as one of them dove to attack the young man.

With a crack at his neck, the young man jumped forward and caught the beast's beak and with a loud thud, began to violently wrestle it to the ground. The other two took turns to find a wild opening for them to strike while their brethren kept their guest busy. With a blinding speed, one of them charged as the young man cautiously kept his gaze at his pinned enemy.

A growl resonated from the man as he stepped aside and elbowed the other Griffon, and with a pained roar, it coughed as the strike halted its vocal chord. The young man then threw the first Griffon against the other as it a loud bash resonated at the mountain side. Rock and gravel shook underneath the combatants. The young man then eyed the last Griffon circling them with gusto while the other two he took down began to recover.

Suddenly a loud horn-like sound resonated from the steep cliffs below.

The young man groaned as he made gestures for the others that their training is over.

"Enough for now, sorry to interrupt you all. But duty calls me back," he said. The Griffon trio nodded and flew higher to their territorial regions above the higher points of the mountain.

The young man took a step closer to the cliff side of his training ground as the armour receded into his pants, leaving a white shirt for the young man to wear for his top. With a deep breath, the young man jumped off the cliff into the abyss below.

A roar resonated from the bottom as a large flying red scaled beast flew from where the young man dropped from. The Drakkin flew homeward bound, to see what the commotion was about.

---------------------------------------

A roar returned in response from the horn blown from the village, greeting them in return. Within a few minutes, a large figure descended from the mountains in haste and made contact with the village. With a thundering landing, the Drakkin has arrived at his home. His ferocious looking face masked his dedicated kindness to those who do not know of his true nature. In his Drakkin form, he made his way towards the large horn placed in the center of the village as an older man and a small glowing fairy was there to greet him while the other villagers continued business as usual.

"Grandpa, what seems to be the problem?" The beast asked.

"Vir... I understand your training is placed above all else these days, but this little one seeks your audience," Vir's grandfather wheezed as he beckoned the glowing light towards the larger Drakkin.

For the tiny fairy, being new and only heard of this majestic beast in stories, brought terror and awe to her heart as she stuttered at the sight of Vir's Drakkin form.

"Speak..." A growl escaped from Vir's beastly form.

"Y-yes! Drakkin King! We seek your aide in repelling plunderers from the sea! My lord, they have taken some of our sisters -" Vir's eyes widened "- and are planning to sell them within the darker corners to faewood knows where. Please, they cannot leave this place," she said. Vir's eyes scowled a little, up till this time, the Fair folk's leaders were able to repel them with ease and only needed his aide when invaders were Orcs or Dragoons. To have summoned him to battle mere pirates was an oddity.

"Where is your clan leader or king, little one? Surely they are more than a match for scum of the sea," he growled.

"Drakkin King, he is no longer of this realm o King... The pirates, these are no ordinary weapons they have brought to us. These negate our magic somehow and this is a first for us. We are lost, My King..." she said with desperation.

"Hrmmm...." Vir growled quietly.

"Grandson," Vir's grandfather snapped, catching the young Drakkin's attention. "I would suggest you put an end to this small invasion. They have kept us safe for so long, it is not like you to question their symbiotic relationship with us of Miestra Village. Why your mother would put a stop this without a doubt like you are casting!" He said.

"...I suppose," Vir said, casting a doubtful eye on the pleading little fairy. Unlike his mother, full of confidence, Vir has yet to master his own. He may have been tutored by a Drakkin sage, but he has only battled small time plunderers. Pirates with anti-magic weapons are a much more risque challenge he was doubtful to take, as he has yet to master all the styles of his...Drakkin people's power.

"Drakkin King. The Priestess of the Sea has also intervened, we-"

"Hold your tongue, child. What Priestess?" Vir's eyes widened. It appears another reckless soul decided to play hero without him knowing.

"A mermaid, Drakkin King. A mermaid who has taken residence within our rivers as of late. A Priestess from the Mariana Sea, she has gone ahead to halt them until your arrival," she said. His eyes scowled angrily and spat a small flame to the side in frustration. A challenge was laid before him.

"Tch! Don't decide on such things so brashly! Come on then! We must stop this madness!" Vir spun around and opened his gigantic Drakkin hands for the fairy to land. A mermaid? Could it be ...

" Yes, Sir!" The fairy said as she jumped unto his large palm.

"Grandfather, fortify your defenses around the village immediately. If these scum can breach fae magic, they can reach here in no time," Vir commanded his grandfather.

"I shall have the villagers at their guard then, Dearest Grandson," his grandfather said. Vir nodded and spread his gigantic wings, with a loud bellow, Vir flew to the skies with the fairy holding unto his scaly hand for dear life. The Drakkin flew high up to the sky and glided in the air as he scanned the ground below. His eyes darting for any signs of fire until the fairy pointed out for him to the northern side of the valley.

Vir hurled himself towards the chaos at enormous speed. The ground approached rapidly as the fairy held unto his hand's scales and braced herself for impact. Vir smirked as he expanded his wings to emulated a gliding phase at a lower altitude to softly land at the desolated land below them.

The scene around them was chaotic, as trees were burnt and animals running amok with the arrival of the Drakkin. The fairy escaped from his palm as he crawled around to sniff the air. Death was around him, he had underestimated these scum who invaded from the sea. What sort of weaponry could they have been using to greatly maim a small tribe of fae folk? The young fairy began calling out to any of her clan members while scattering wildly around the surrounding area. Vir was continued sniffing the air, searching for a scent of a mermaid or blood of any kind...

A large explosion came from the distance further from the horizon, Vir morphed back to his human form and commanded the mystical armour he wore to wrap around his torso, shifting it around him as he sheathed his broadsword. The fairy landed unto his shoulders and stared in amazement.

"Do my eyes fool me? The Drakkin King...is...a human?!" she exclaimed. From the lore she heard from her birth, The Drakkin King of legend never had another form but the large, gigantic beast that she saw prior. Such a humble form surprised her further.

"Half. Don't lose your hopes on me just yet," he snarked as he indicated the black scale-like shape surrounding his eyes as well as his red irises and slit that signified his Drakkin heritage plus the serrated teeth he contained. The fairy gestured a sign of apology as he ran towards the area where the explosion was coming from. Vir quietly approached the woods as fires continued to burn through the forest and dark energy began forming around the grounds they walked on.

"Drakkin King...How are you able to bear this - this putrid and unholy air?" she gagged, Vir quickly placed her atop of his head to avoid contaminated contact with the ground.

"You ever heard the story that Drakkins are psuedo-blood relatives to Demons or were once beasts of Demons?" He asked her as he hacked through the burnt areas. True to the teachings of the sage, Drakkins by nature are Demonic creatures, and are one of the few creatures who are placed in doubt in society today. That doesn't mean that they are all malevolent beings of terrifying power. A thing he wished to prove to humanity and other races alike some other day.

"I have," she said while she gagged.

" It's probably why I am able to stand this otherworldly influence while you beings simply can't," Vir said.

A little trek further, Vir knelt down as he arrived at the scene.

Pirates were all over the place, steadily packing their belongings and were monitoring the area like hawks. Amidst the chaos, they seemed to find glee and pride in the destruction they lay to this part of the woods. Vir's throat guttered with a menacing growl while the fairy hid behind his head. The crates they had contained almost all of her surviving clan and the heir apparent of their settlement. Ahead was the ship, tied to the main mast was a familiar scent he had not sensed for a lifetime. She was battered and appeared to be in pain, unable to put up a fight like the fairy had described.

"'Send the priestess, she'll set things right!', not a great idea at the moment now is it?" he glared at the fairy. She pouted and glared back.

"Will you?" she said, indicating her desire to see her people and the mermaid free.

Vir gave grin that spelled blood lust.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nixie opened her eyes. The fight lasted for minutes during her confrontation against the pirates, until they unleashed a certain dark spell from the small casket the Captain was carrying, she thought she had them where she wanted them. Her eagerness to battle, did not meld so well with her strategic senses, and has now doomed her.

"Ugh...unhand me, you land dwelling bastards...Release the fairies - this... instant! I am more than enough am I not?" she said defiantly.

The crew who heard her began laughing at the mermaid, having used water to return her to her form, she was unable to walk any longer. Escape was impossible as the black and toxic magic used by the pirates drained her from her inability to use any of her holy spells.

The captain pressed his foot at her tail, sending her into a prickling sense of pain at her fins, she yelled as he stomped it harder.

"No no, missy. Do you have any idea how much you and your little fae friends fetch at the darker corners of this world's markets? You're going to amass us a fortune and grant us more fantastical weapons to bring in prized folk like yerself to the market! This age of piracy is the next stage, little missy!" he said as he enjoyed the moments of her pain.

Nixie scowled angrily, but her heart knew that without any help, she was never going to see her home and neither will the sea commune with her after this day. She had to regain her strength, but with that putrid box at the captain's neck, it would be nigh impossible to gather enough spells to summon Brutus and Pluto, her Great Black Sharks. Even this far, she grew up with the wrong career, faith and magic meant nothing if she can't muster the strength to use them without corrupted black magic around her.

A deafening roar suddenly erupted from the woods from where they were packing, alerting the pirates to its deathly sound. Nixie's eyes gazed up in shock.

Vir's large Drakkin form blasted out from the forest and blew flames of fire at the pirates, searing those who didn't escape in time to a fiery death. The lot of them began firing pellets that bounced off his scaly body like they were mere tiny pebbles, He sent a swift strike to the ground, bisecting a pirate and beheading another one. The sage's technique of Origin form transformation had made him a reckoning force to these weak mortals playing God against the innocent folk.

"Drakkin! Captain! We have a Drakkin!" one of the crew members yelled. Nixie's ears picked up the conversation, how can a Drakkin be in this part of the woods? Aren't they native to the Northern lands of Mystvale? How... unless, could he be?

"Vir?!" Nixie called out. All that was in response were screams of terror from the pirate crew as the beast violently lashed in fury.

The Drakkin roared back in a pleasing tone as he lay waste to the pirates trying to keep their catch in tow.

Feeling her strength returning with the captain leaving her presence, Nixie began to use her ice spells to soften the tether of her ropes, eventually breaking free. The fairy who had called for Vir's help has arrived by her side, the remaining crew onboard trying to restrain the mermaid before she could escape. The little fairy kept them busy by flying around them while they tried to capture her, giving Nixie an opening to crawl towards her staff lying ahead of her. With the chance, she jumped and grabbed unto her staff. The sea's power had finally began to return to the mermaid as she gave a deathly glare and grin to the pirates.

"You dare defile the sea? Defile this land for coin?! You humans disgust me," Nixie seethed in anger as she unleashed a miniature tidal wave unto the crew aboard the ship, wiping them off the deck and unto the ocean. Floating towards the side, Nixie hummed a song in silence, with sharks appearing from the bottom of the sea to plunge her captors to their doom. Their pleas go unanswered as Nixie wordlessly left them to their doom.

Vir continued to lay the assault on the pirates on land, bellowing scorching flames that they cannot inevitably defend against themselves, succumbing to his battering flames. His roar continued to inspire fear and dread all around him as he used his wings to spread the flames further to their stocks, and with each swing of his tail, it tore a hole for each of the containers carrying the fairies as many of the captives escaped the Drakkin's wrath against the pirates.

The captain and his remaining crew barricaded themselves while preparing to coat their weapons with the same mystical dark magic that rendered the fairies and Nixie helpless, to attempt and use their ammunition against Vir. The Drakkin continued to release the prisoners and rampage around the pirate's presence, as if goading them to unload their weaponry against Vir.

"Forget the fairies, if we can capture this beast and along with the mermaid, we can gather our losses!" The captain said as he pointed his pistol at the Drakkin while his remaining crew, influenced by the mysterious item the captain has, were preparing to load their unholy weaponry against Vir.

"Vir! Watch out!" Nixie called out, catching the Drakkin's attention. Vir approached the crew as he continued to batter cages and crates to release the fairies back into the woods while they nervously pointed their guns at him.

A load of bullets laced with dark magic fired against Vir, as they harmlessly bounced off him as he raised an doubtful scaly brow as he looked down at them.

"No...No!" the pirate captain yelled in frustration as he fired everything at Vir's Drakkin hide to no effect.

Vir responded with a monstrous roar as Nixie saw him lay seige to their pathetic last line of defense, ending their lives with crunching and brutal bites and slashes with his spear-like claws. Nixie smiled and winced a little at her old friend's brutish approach, a far cry from the naive little boy from years back before she was captured by her merfolk and forbidden to surface till recently.

"And one begs to question who is even more monstrous of the two of us," Nixie snickered as Vir spat out the captain's head and mysterious casket as it exploded with dark magic at the ground before leaving it an empty husk. None of the pirate crew who spurned his woods or tried to take Nixie survived that day, and their crew as well as their goal for further piracy against magical beings ended that instant. Vir approached the ship as he stared the mermaid down.

"I had to see who this fairy child was talking about. But I can't believe..." Vir said as he leaned at the ship to gain a closer look at the young, spirited mermaid child who grew into a dazzling woman. Nixie pressed her head against his scaly mouth and felt the warm heat emitting from his Drakkin body and hugged it.

"Hello again," she smiled.

Vir could only smile and a purring sound emitted from the beastly form's body, Nixie took it as a sign that he believed. The two had finally reuinited after being separated for quite sometime.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"My my, little one! You've grown into a fine young lady," the elder said as he greeted Nixie at the village after they had returned the fairies back to the desolated woods to begin resotring it to its former glory, with the nature of black magic taught to them, they would now be alot more wary despite the losses suffered this day. Vir was reminded to attend the passing of their leader, but assigned this formality to his grandfather. Back at the village, men all around whom Vir knew stopped at times to see Nixie as she hugged Vir's grandfather while the halfbreed casted glares at his former bullies and fellow male villagers to stray away from eying the mermaid with very longing looks.

"Aye, Grandpa Rivers. The Kingdon of Mariana has finally given me privilege to venture out on my own without supervision from the Royal Guard in order to explore the land and seas beyond," she said.

"And you didn't even bother passing by once you've been allowed to roam free..." Vir said with ire. Nixie kicked used her staff to hit him hard on the knee as he felt the shock of the hit.

"Hush you, I was still communing with Naminia! It is a sacred ritual before I could return here," Nixie hissed.

"Whatever...I'm glad you still came back," Vir said as he glanced on the side. Nixie caught his blush returning to his face, something he was not known for when he was a boy.

"So ... uhhh are you staying here this time? You're not gonna leave me hanging like last time?" Vir asked.

"It was due to circumstance! I'm a free mermaid now!" She stammered once more, threatening to hit him in his private regions this time if he pestered her on the matter. Instinct dictated he need not follow the consequencial course of some ball breaking session from a mermaid.

"That's - good - uhhh... I guess," Vir said as he continued to scowl. Nixie and his grandfather began laughing at the apparent stoic Drakkin halfbreed as he finally gave in and smiled. It was too long before he finally felt this happy in ages.

"Vir, as much as I hate to break up this Nostalgic meeting. You have a letter from your mother in Runesong," His grandfather's tone switched to a serious one. "This attack today is a serious omen, and whatever these pirates brought... it is great evil purchased from the land. I would not allow this to infect us further, and whatever they had used must be shown to your mother for further investigation," his grandfather explained.

"Hrmm..." Vir looked at the letter at his grandfather's breastpocket while Nixie dangled the now defunct casket of the pirate captain with wonder.

"I would like to come along as well, grandpa. Whatever halted the fairies from using their powers, apparently had the same effect on me until Vir was able to sway the scum away for me to use my powers. To learn from this, is something that I want to know and to share back with my people under the sea someday," Nixie said.

Vir's face lit up discreetly and walked away from Nixie as she approached his grandfather to retrieve the letter.

"In this case, Would you accompany me to Runesong instead, Vir? I'm sure your mother and I have never met ye-" Nixie asked as she took the letter from his grandfather before turning around to see Vir has already assumed his Drakkin form with wings spread wide open and setting his eye for Runesong. Vir's purring can be heard all the way from their side as he growled with glee.

"I think you have your answer, dear," his grandfather smiled. Nixie giggled as she readied her staff and placed a cloak on before jumping unto the Drakkin's back. Vir began flapping his wings as Nixie turned back and waved to the people of Miestra Village with a warm good bye as the two of them flew to the high skies bound for Runesong.

Nixie clutched unto Vir's red scales as she enjoyed flight for the first time in forever as she held unto him tightly while adjusting her eye glasses.

"So Vir...Drakkin King? Really?" She said with a doubtful voice.

"Don't start," Vir said as he picked up his speed to avoid the subject, flying into the distance with greater acceleration.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOC: She is in Runesong now, feel free to interact with her if you wish. ^^
------------------------------

Elae had been wandering this world for quite the time now, searching for a specific mage seemed to be much more problematic than first hoped. Though she was having a better time with doing this than she had back home with her mother; being looked at like a failure from the day you are born just because you are not pure blooded was something that annoyed her without limit. She had taught herself quite well how to use her powers but based on what her mother stated of her father odds were large that he could unlock her true potential, that and traveling with someone of her own blood would naturally also be a good thing. Seeing all the others having two parents always made her envious of them, so finding her own father was her main goal at the time.
The world of mortals was also interesting, a lot of strange creatures and things she could never have even guessed by herself, so even though she had a goal in life, she took her time to travel and live the lands.

At the moment she was heading towards a weird city, the mountain city of Runesong. She had heard rumors of a seer there, though this might be considered superstition the fact that she was half succubus from a demon realm.... She didn't really look at superstition as only jibbersih, sometimes there were truth in rumors. Though she still had a few days to travel, having the ability to fly made it so much simpler; no need to travel around mountains when she could just fly over it.
Landing for the night she found a small cave of sorts in the mountainside, was more like an overhang than a cave but it was remote enough that no one should just casually stroll into her while she was sleeping. Though in the mountains it was rather temperate the wind carried a chill which was not really pleasant. Settling in her cave for the night she simply used her wings to cover herself and keep heat to a comfortable level, not to mention that her large feathery wings had plenty of support making the bedding more comfortable. Realizing that she didn't have any food with her at this point she made a mental note to get something to eat, perhaps some travel rations for the next day; after all she still had two days left of travel, including rest-stops.

Waking to the sharp pain of something on her thigh opened her eyes in shock as her eyes readjusted to the light. The sun was up and there was a dart in her upper thigh...
She pulled it out but the substance was already in Elae's bloodstream, in the cave opening there were two men in leather attire, grinning widely as one lowered a long tube in favor of a net from his backpack.
"She be a beauty 'is one" the man with a beard stated to his accomplice
"No idea 'ow you saw 'er in da darkness 'ast night" the balding man grinned back "but she's gonna earn us a fortune."
Elae realized what this was, some slavers or the kin had managed to spot her land in the mountainside and seems to have thought her an easy prey.

Not wanting the toxin to have time to do anything too bad to her she immediately pulled her daggers and threw them at the men. They dodged her attempts rather easily having foreseen this, though she expected this and it was far from her main idea of attack.
Having metal in her daggers she simply used her magic on them, forcing them to return to her hands, there was just one problem; there were two men in the way of the blades.
Surprised faces, grunts of pain and splatters of blood all happened at once in a split second before Elae again had her daggers in her hands. The men fell to the ground with deep wounds in their sides. Bleeding out on the cold stone ground in the simple cave.
"Shame I was not like your normal prey" Elae stated back in a sarcastic tone. "Though as I'm hungry and you will die anyway I think I can take the outcome of this as good"
The men started begging for their lives, promising various wealth and rewards but their prayers fell on uninterested ears as the daggers were cleaned from blood by a swift swing in the air, before sheathing them in their home. Placing her hand on one man's throat he started screaming in pain as the color of his face was fading, a seemingly greenish mist of energy seemed to leave his body along the woman's arm as she seemingly regained her balance. The screaming stopped after a minute and the lifeless corpse of the man was flung down the mountainside to feed a traveling carnivore; only a black handprint marking the rapid flow of energy leaving his being.
"Now, what about you~" she stated as she walked over to the other man. Having already disarmed him from any weapons before approaching he was a helpless as a child before her.
Placing her hand on his chest she drained energy from his being, slower this time; there didn't seem to be much pain involved with this man. The main difference was that she stopped before the color of his skin and life left his body. She had other plans for him.
Fumbling through his pockets and bag she found some gold and some items which were useless to her, tossing them aside she turned him around, face down in his own pool of blood.

Tipping him over the edge of the mountainside he didn't fall as he expected, and as his screams of terror ended he realized she was flying with him dangling below, grabbing his bloody sides he managed to slow the blood leaving his body at least partly.
"And this is where we part our ways!" She stated with a slight playful tone, letting go of the man's belt.
Again screams of fear escaped his lungs as gravity did as gravity does, it took several seconds for the scream to stop, upon his existence were reduced to a corpse dying of a rapid stop upon the meeting with the hard ground below, he would end up becoming food for something later.

With newfound energy from the feedings she was able to cover much more ground than she initially expected, though her expectations didn't really cover two stupid slavers taking on the wrong target and ending up feeding her instead.
Still having to take some breaks here and there, getting some food either buying from locals or the unwary forest animal ending up being over a fire after a metal object penetrated their being she ended up seeing Runesong in the distance a full day sooner than her original plan. At least good to know that she was not off course... or was she? Though this place did match the description she had not been here before and this might be somewhere else...

Landing a distance from the city entrance, and off the road, she disbanded her wings and made sure her hood was up and tail was hidden under the skirt before she made her way to the road leading into the city. Signposts stating that this is indeed Runesong, putting her mind at ease that she has arrived at the right location.

Entering the city and the real work started, she needed to find the location of the one named Mitula, the seer she was looking for. Asking around proved more fruitless than hoped, even the guards of this place didn't know where it was... With a deep sigh she moved forward asking people who looks to know the place and looking out for any city-maps.

Reactions: 2 people
Calden didn't resist as some lady gently touched his shoulder to guide him along somewhere else in the shop. He noticed how after he was lead through a door the layout took on a more homely appearance and less a store layout. The thing he noticed first was the fireplace when he got into the room, it was dead and left an empty air to the place. The feeling of his wings trying to grow out his back subsided he took in the room more as a whole. It was quiet and quaint as of the person living here spent little time in it, yet took very good care of it. Calden's assessment of the room was cut short however as Vex barging into the room moments after he himself was lead in here.

"Just what the hell are you....." Vex's words were cut short as he began to feel his connection to magic again. It was a fresh surge of energy seeping into his entire body, the tired feeling beginning to set in on him from entering the shop now quickly left him. It didn't take him long to piece two and two together, there was something out there in the shop that acted as a seal to magic. So he quickly looked at the woman who lead Calden into the room and spoke to her.

"Pardon my rudeness ma'am but what the hell is going on here. My friend and I enter your shop because something feels odd, at least it did too me. Then when we enter your shop both of us have some adverse reactions, yet now back here we are both fine. What do you have going on there in your shop section of this place?"

Now that her guest was safely in her living room, Mitula heaved a sigh of relief. She released his shoulder and turned to meet his friend without fear. Kaya, the poor soul, jumped upon realizing that they had been followed inside. She withdrew behind the green-haired woman, hiding from the one who barged in.

Mitula clasped her hands together and gave a shallow bow to her second guest. "My apologies. What you two felt on the sales floor and in my seance room were my wards. Dispels most magic, including illusionary ones." Standing upright again, she shifted her weight onto one leg and moved her hands elegantly as she spoke. "You see, not all of the students who attend the Arcane Academy have good intentions, much like any other school. After the last time I had issues with spell-casting thieves, I asked their headmaster to create these wards for me." Glancing over at the one she abducted, she added, "Though, I'm afraid that also means unless you have superior spells or a natural means of hiding among humans, your true form will be revealed to myself and Kaya."

The girl hesitated before speaking. "Madame, will you be needing any assistance here?" she asked meekly.

With a shake of the head, the woman simply replied, "No, thank you. You may return to your duties, my dear." Mitula smiled warmly to her guests. "Now then, what else can I do for you gentlemen?"

Kaya gave a small bow of respect before slipping out of the room. She merely slid the panel halfway shut once she was in the empty seance room. Oddly, her mere presence triggered very weak lights to appear within the many stones embedded into the walls of the room. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as she was concerned. She briskly crossed the room and parted the curtains to return to the sales floor. Despite the unusually large number of customers being great for business, Kaya still felt nervous. In truth, she didn't like strangers, despite being a strange person herself. Still, someone needs to mind the shop. With long strides, she returned to the counter.

Shaking her head and smiling weakly, she lifted the ferret off of the top of the cash register. "Shadys, you goofball. You can't work the register," she chuckled, returning the long creature to her shoulder. He stood up on his hind legs to get a better look at the other customers.

At the opposite end of the sales floor, Shenorai was looking over various blends of roasted tea leaves. All sorts of different flavors could be found in their own wooden box: white leaf, green leaf, oolong, rosehip, rooibos, spiced chai, even exotic fruit blends and other unusual flavors. Judging from the scoops hanging from each box, the pile of empty paper satchels, the prices per ounce, and the scale, everything here was loose leaf rather than measured out and prepackaged. Shen was already helping herself to a few scoops of an oriental rice tea, an old favorite that she hadn't seen since her childhood.

Despite delving into a nostalgic guilty pleasure, Shen felt a slight prodding in the back of her neck. Oy, you're gonna have to talk to her eventually, Leondra insisted.

"She's busy, can't you tell?" Shen muttered.

And if you keep delaying it, more people may come in to occupy both of them until the store closes. Just go over with your items once you've collected them and strike up a conversation.

The human paused, looking over at the cashier again. "I doubt she'd recognize me, though."

She's your sister. Of course she will. Now quit making excuses and hurry up. We might get a free room to stay in if we're lucky.

Morgan wanted to enjoy his time in Runesong, he really did. This was a center of art and academia, where some of the world's foremost mystical minds convened and discussed the issues of the day. He could only imagine the kind of innovations that had been brought forth in these hallowed halls. Of course, he had to imagine, seeing as how he hadn't been around for any of them. And that, there was the root of the issue. While the city was marvelous and the view spectacular, Morgan's awe had been tempered constantly by the fear of discovery. Granted, this was the case wherever he went, but Runesong was different. The subtle necromancies holding him together were fragile enough already, and there was no telling what all these foreign enchantments drifting about would do to him. It also happened that, in the last fifty or so years, necromancy had apparently fallen out of fashion. The scholars and archmages looked down their noses and called it 'abominable', 'a perversion of nature', 'a relic of a less enlightened time'. If that was the case, Morgan wondered, then what did that make him?

Regardless, he had had to keep his head down more than usual, and even that was becoming difficult. He'd only been in the city for a day, and already he was beginning to draw curious glances and hushed whispers from passers by. Thankfully, it was more often than not discussion of his unique fashion sense than anything else, but that didn't stop him from flinching a little instinctively whenever a curious mage's eyes fell on him. Morgan had even spent a little coin trying to keep up appearances, spending a decent chunk of what little cash he had on him on ale and stale bread that he'd simply thrown out when nobody was looking.

So caught up was the skeleton in his own thought processes that he barely even noticed when he crashed straight into someone in the street. A female someone, with blue-tinted skin and a simple leather dress. Morgan wasn't entirely sure what she was, but she certainly wasn't human, and while she wasn't especially bulky either the collision was enough to send him reeling backwards, feet scrambling frantically under him as he narrowly avoided falling head over heels.

Once he'd finally righted himself and managed to not look like a complete fool, he adjusted his headscarf and smoothed down his lapel with an idle hand. "Apologies, miss," came a thin, reedy voice from somewhere within the deep folds of cloth covering his face. "Didn't quit see you there. A bit distracted, you see, a bit scatterbrained. Would lose my own head if it wasn't screwed on tight." Then came a harsh, wheezing laugh from what used to be the back of his throat, cackling harshly at his own joke.

A lone traveler walked along the paved roads leading towards the multi-tiered city that was known as Runesong. Like many of other travelers, a heavy cloak was wrapped around the body, hiding the entirety of the travelers body. Underneath, Beltorchika Ainsworth continued forward. She couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity to the city. It was almost like New Vista, a fusion of magic and technology, but beneath it all, a sense of dread was also present. If her history lessons were anything to prove, the old city Vista was exactly like this. A smogasboard of people with an inquisitive nature without restraints or rules. The only thing she could do was to keep up her awareness and keep under the radar. Beltorchika pulled the cloak closer around her torso and drew her hood even further down to cover her face. Carts and wagons continued to trundle pass her and before long, the looming gates of Runesong towered over those looking to enter the city.

{Self calming} Keep calm and unremarkable.... keep calm and unremarkable....

Unfortunately for Beltorchika, standing at 190 cm and covered entirely with a worn, brown cloak AND carrying a gigantic package on her back, keeping under the radar was out the window from the beginning. By the time it was her turn at the gate, everyone were making sideway glances towards the giant being.

Next.... go in... Next.... ok, go in... Ne......xt.....

Beltorchika stepped forward to present her papers, casting a shadow over the top of the rather portly guard. His head slowly craned upwards and tried to peer into the hood.

Wh...what is... your purpose at Runesong

{Steady} I am here on an exploratory mission for the City State of Vista.

Oh gawd! Whats wrong with your voice?! SHOW YOURSELF!

The guard instantly tightened his grip on his spear and several other to his side turned their attention towards her. The subtle entry method had flopped and there was no other way but to comply. Resistance would just get her incarcerated.

{Compliant} Very well. Please remain calm.

The cloak came off and the guards reeled in shock. In front of them stood a giant being that some would hard press call human. Her face was abnormally pale, the long flowing hair was stark white, her clothing were out of this world and most of all, turning clockwork can be seen churning at her abdomen.

{Diplomatically} I may appear rather automaton-like, but i can assure you, i am human.

The panic and uncertainty was quite obvious in the guard's eyes. Beltorchika knew that if she did not defuse and reassure the guards, it wasn't going to end pretty.

{Reassuring} I come from a State that is also incredibly knowledge centric. I am here also on a learning trip and i do hope my appearance does not cause a panic.

Breathing in and preparing herself, Beltorchika tried to smile. She really did. Mentally and physically willing to her utmost abilities, she tried to make some form of facial expression, but all that resulted was the slightest of twitch at the corners of her mouth. However, it seems to enough. The guards bought her reasoning. To smooth it over even more, Beltorchika offered a few pieces of silver coins to apologise for the commotion and went in. On the inside, it was a lot less unified than New Vista upon closer inspection. Tech based buildings were geared towards stone and iron whereas the magic centric ones were more traditional. As she glanced around whilst walking down the busy street, someone in front suddenly stopped. By the time she turned her head back forward, Beltorchika had to kind of sidestep hop to the right in order to not bowl over the person in front with her entire weight of 117 kilograms. She still bumped into him, but at least she didnt send him sprawling. Turning around, Beltorchika tried to help the people she had troubled. Both were hooded and had their face covered and much smaller than she is. Extending her robotic hands, Beltorchika offered to help the smaller, blue tinged skin being up with the other man.

{Concerned} Are you two ok?

Still having problems in the city, she had asked almost anyone that looked less confused than her. She could not help to wonder if asking for an information booth or perhaps some of the local knowitalls would be better; the mages perhaps?
This city, though most likely somewhat logically in its layout, for an outside it was horrible. She sighed deeply as she let out a grunt of frustration. Why doesn't even the guards have any ideas about location of things in this town? What happened to logical layouts, shops in that area, workers in that area, nobles over there and oddities somewhat over yonder. Though this sounded even more random at least it narrowed down a largeass city to a smaller block to go and oogle in. But nooOOOooo, bloody humans with their common sense and logic could not do their thing in this place.
Upper body going slightly limp as she let out another deep sigh, standing here and whining about it isn't gonna help anyone. Made her feel a little better though. Perhaps she should just call in, or rather, stop suppressing her wings and fly about, getting an aerial view... Or, with her luck if she did that the store would be on a lower-plane level and she would just gain even more unneeded attention. It was bad enough people wanted to sell her for her wings, or tug her tail, something she really didn't like.

Shaking her head as she almost looked to snap back into reality she was aided by a gentleman who bumped into her side. Though he felt rather light for his size it was still enough to send her off balance. Halfway reaching for her daggers she realized it was not needed as she saw the man falling over as well.
As he started apologizing she could not help to realize that he had seen her face, if anything he knew she was not human... Though... is he... He looked like a skeleton through his disguise. Though he had a rather... interesting sense of fashion, Elae thinks that she saw this being more normal like 50 years ago, outdated by quite a lot but not really bad looking. His wardrobe aside it was his frail nature, odd aura and strange sounding voice that gave it off for her. Though as a demon in the human realm she has seen the undead before, never seen one as a standalone sentient being.
Elae could not help but chuckle at his dry humor, having already gathered that he was at least partly a skeleton the head-joke made so much sense it was actually entertaining.

Though, before she could react a towering person entered though no contact was made towards Elae the surprise and already lack of balance was enough to send her onto her ass.
After having a glance at her 'attacker' she realized what had happened. Though she was really taken back by it she was bumped into by a mechanical being. She could sense some magic within her.. it?...no; her.. But it was the powerful sense of metal within her that gave her away, had it not been for the metal the strange appearance of this being would explain everything. Though the creator had done a good job at making her human-looking Elae could not stop herself from staring, no doubt showing her face clearly to the Automation.
A steel hand was reached out as a strange toned voice... actually saying the word 'concerned' like she was not used to emotion, asked if they were fine.

"Y... yes... I'm.. fine.." Elae sort of stated as she took the hand and was aided back to her feet. Her voice was more of wonder and surprise than anything else.
Though strange as it sounds, this might be the only kind of being in the world she did not have instant paranoia against, her powers would work so well on her, and the fact that this was a living Automaton, that she forgot the whole paranoia all together.
Getting to her feet she made idle movements to dust off her dress as she casually checked that her daggers were still in their homes, which they were. Being a little more at ease she realized something.
Of all the people to be bumped into by, she ended up meeting two individuals who were at least as strange to the humans that she was herself... Indeed these two might be even more odd than she is, which actually made her feel a little better about herself.

Not wanting the possible aid go to waste she turned towards them both as soon as Mr Dandy was back on his feet.
"H.. Have any of you heard of a woman named Mitula? I'm looking for her shop in this city"

Quite a few people had come inside the same area Virgil had, it was almost getting crowded by comparison of normal days. Mitula herself had come from the back, the glimpse of the inside that he saw the area seemed to be more of a living space. Made sense why he didn't see it before, he was just a loyal customer. Virgil hadn't noticed 2 of the customers struggling with the magic wards. He often forgot they were there at all, they had only a slight effect on him, slowing his healing by a percentage. It wasn't something he was able to notice due to being inside for brief periods. As Mitula took the 2 guests back, Kaya followed before Virgil got to pay. That was fine, he was patient, what was 5 minutes to 2,000 years, after all. While he waited he glanced at the other guest who seemed to resemble Kaya. He simply looked back and waited.

As Kaya came back, Virgil had already prepared his payment. It may have been twelve silver, but he was a regular and he liked this shop, so he payed instead with one gold coin. Money didn't mean much to Virgil, especially since he had such a large number of patients, he could spare at least that much. "Mind if I take a look? I might be able to help if something is wrong," asked the regenerator as he stroked the ferrets head affectionately. With a silent not from Kaya, who must have been nervous with this many people here, Virgil proceeded back. Taking a moment to examine the room, it was actually quite nice. Once he got a good look his eyes settled on Mitula. She was one of the few he could trust to not tell anyone that he was a regenerator. Regeneration was a rare ability, granted there were healers, but regeneration was completely different. Couple that with his ability to take injuries and illness, and Virgil made the most successful doctor in the area.

Sending Mitula a friendly nod, Virgil turned his attention to the other two guests. "You seemed ill. I'm Doctor Ketone, if you need any help, I'm here." He wasn't going to take a seat until invited, so he remained standing, holding his basket full of salves and remedies.

Last edited:
The hooded woman's reaction to his words was not entirely unexpected; there had been many who thought that the blind saint would be unable to see what they did and performs accordingly, only to be knocked on their ass for their slight. Yet he did express some concern to her having walked off, or rather trying to walk off, and then coming back, cursing all the while. As she passed him, he could feel something lingering about her, dead but not dead, alive but not alive. This added more to his concern though without further knowledge, there was little he could do. He did cock his ear at the name Leondra, his heightened hearing picking up the whisper just behind him. The name meant nothing, but it did mean that this hooded woman knew what this was and he was content to leave it at that, for the time.

He followed Shenorai in after a slight nod to Akalo whose gaze returned to the streets; were anything to happen, he would know first and then so would Seiglinde. Surveying the room, he placed his hands in his sleeves across his chest. It was just as well furnished as he might expect someone masquerading as a human to have done and the few customers about made knowing the room easy for him; enclosed spaces like this were a nuisance but could easily be remedied. Catching several names, he made no acknowledgement to having heard them, let alone see the people they were directed at but made a point to memorize them all the same - he seemed to be sharing the shop with several unexpected others and who knew which might be an agent against House Seiglinde.

One vanished behind a door, taken by another who sounded like someone in charge, no doubt Mitula, and followed quickly by a third. The hooded woman remained in the front, staring off into seeming space. Seiglinde was not one to impose and he was quie comfortable to remain standing while others were going around; etiquette dictated that prior customers be served first before he make a request. Of course, etiquette only mattered in polite company which seemed to include only the members of his immediate House, the Queen, and the royalty on the land.

In the relative quiet, he managed to catch snippets of conversation, including Shenorai seemingly talking to herself, possibly this Leondra entity, and the girl behind the counter talking to something named Shadys about its inability to use the till. An eight entity also existed with them, a prior customer who paid for his goods and then excused himself to the back room. He had been referred to as Doctor Ketone by the young woman behind the register but to Seiglinde he came off as very...unusual. He had worked with healing magic and was very good at it, despite it's failings in his own life, and he sensed something similar about this Ketone person - no doubt he was a doctor because he was so good at healing. But that sense felt off, like it wasn't exactly healing. The lack of precision on such things was what bothered him; he had encountered such things that despite feeling as though they might heal were only covered to hide their deadly nature. But to his defense, it could simply be a different brand of healing - Seiglinde worked with renewative energy almost strictly so it might be regenerative or even sacrificial.

Making note, he began to peruse the wares, following the new scent of tea that wafted over to him. Though he found the boxes easily, the woman from the streets was there and it was by her that such a smell had come to him. Reaching out, he discovered a lack of anything he could actually read with his fingers. Turning slightly towards Shenorai, he smiled.

"Ah, you're the one from across the street. I'm afraid I lack the ability to read the notes here if there are any. Can you help me find the blueberry mint white tea if there is any?"

Or at least that's what it sounded like to her. In truth, he had said the name in his native Celestial tongue but e had been gifted with the ability to communicate with others across the language barrier, despite what he actually said.

"Y... yes... I'm.. fine.."

{Relieved} Excellent. On your feet then, before more pedestrians see fit to walk over you.

Beltorchika's fingers closed around the small hand and gently pulled the small girl to her feet. Had it been much earlier, just after her transformation, the small delicate hand of this small girl would have been crushed amongst the metal digits and her pull would have most likely dislocate her shoulder. Every time Beltochika has this line of thought, she shudders slightly and apologises in her head to the poor soldiers assigned to her first rehabilitation program. Upon closer inspection, Beltorchika confirmed that it was not her eyes malfunctioning and that the girl definitely had a blue hue on her skin as well as some rather obvious green-gray eyes. It was quite unique and rather interesting. Even with all the expeditions she has done for New Vista, the world was wide and there was much she didnt know. This type of being was one of them. As she dusted herself off, Beltorchika checekd herself to make sure Chaika was still covered and attached before the girl asked them a question.

"H.. Have any of you heard of a woman named Mitula? I'm looking for her shop in this city"

{Ponder} Good question. I myself am new to this city....

This was a bit troubling. She was hoping the girl was a local and that she could give her some directions around town, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Beltorchika was curious as to what this "Mitula" sold. Perhaps it was technology or knowledge or even lodging. Lodging would be nice.

{Inquisitive} If you do not mind me asking, what wares does this Mitula sell? Does she sell material goods? Information? Lodging? I do not really have a clear direction for being in Runesong, so if she offers any of those three, it might be a good starting point.

OOC: Mainly aimed at Trashboat.
I'm sorry dude, there has been no activity on your account for a while now, so I'm just skipping your post. I'll make it open enough so that you can follow if you wish to. If you do come back and wish to follow just play on what was done and be there. ^^
----------------------------------------

The odd woman... robot... android? Well, it was a female and it acted like sentient somehow so for the sake of simplicity Elae's mind started considering the automaton a 'she'. Said 'she' had answered Elae's question, though still sort of vocally stated what her tone of voice.. mind? was.
At least she was relieved that the people she crashed into were fine rather than just ignore them and move on, something that could prove annoying as this woman felt like she would weigh quite a lot. Her powers let Elae sense a little about this robot, her rough makeup but she was not about to feel her weight, not yet, as this would most likely give an indication of that something was happening.
Though Elae was sort of at ease, all things considered, the fact that her face was clearly seen without obstruction was an uneasy feeling for her. She tended to keep hidden more than anything and though she was not the strangest one she still preferred to be anonymous.

A sigh of frustration escaped Elae as her new acquaintance stated she was new to the city as well, which made asking her somewhat useless. If nothing else she seemed to have at least some interest in Mitula as well, or she might depending on the services she had besides her scrying.
"I'm afraid I don't know specifically, but she is a Seer according to rumor, and I think she sells magical trinkets and substances."
Elae really had no idea, she were only looking for Mitula to learn more about her father and she had no idea what other services the Seer provided.

Not really saying any goodbyes or similar words or departure Elae started looking about for anything that could hint to where the shop was. Letting the duo follow if they wanted to or not.
To her amaze and luck she found someone who knew where it was, or at least its general location.
Elae thanked the random person for the details, taking great care to keep as much of her face hidden as was commonly accepted when talking to someone. Stating to the group that she had gotten some directions she moved off before the details became too hazy in her mind.
She moved about, realizing she had taken the wrong turn a few times before she sighed in relief.
There it was a sign that stated the words she wanted to see. She had found the shop and possible answers lied just down the street and behind a wooden door.

Walking a tad faster than normal, anticipation coloring her actions she still made sure not to rise too much attention but even this failed as she opened the door a tad eager.
Opening the door and entering without a second thought she realized something, though decent in size this shop was crowded with many strange people, all armed and all seeming to have their own reason to be in here.
Elae felt strange, almost like itching all over, blaming it on the sudden feeling of being looked at -even if no one were looking at her- she tried to calm herself down. The feeling grew stronger and stronger by the second until she realized; this feeling was way wrong.
She could feel several areas in this building that were void of energy, though this might just be due to her novice skill in sensing mana, but it felt like... oh no...
As Elae realized what this feeling was, she also lost control over the magic she used to suppress her wings into the void, a flash of purple smoke later and a set of large feathery wings extended from her back. A few objects were knocked off their stands in the mix of the turbulence this created and physical contact as she quickly pulled the wings close to her body.
"oh.. err.... eh... Sorry... I... I'm sorry..." was all she could state to the room, her status as inconspicuous was as gone as a snowflake in a furnace as her surprise was impossible to hide.
In hindsight, a shop like this was going to have guarding like this, though in her haste she had forgotten pre-emptive thinking and just wandered into it.

With her hood obscuring her peripheral vision, Shen actually jumped a little as the saint spoke. She was neither paying attention nor expecting anyone to have walked up on her like that. Her brow furrowed a little as she sealed her satchel of rice tea and turned her attention back to the wooden boxes and their paper labels.

"Blueberry mint white," she repeated for the sake of clarity as she began to skim the names. Really, she wasn't even sure why he thought that combination of flavors was a good idea in the first place. White tea, being a young green tea leaf, could go with most anything, but was wonderful by itself. Combining it with blueberry was all right. Combining it with mint was all right. But both?

Shen, you're looking at the wrong end, Leondra pointed out. Top row.

The human's gaze snapped back up as instructed. Lo and behold, among what were marked as the Blends of the Week, the odd combination of flavors was sitting in the center box. Lifting the lid, Shen remembered a selling quirk that tea sellers would often use to further entice their customer into purchasing the product. With a lazy twist of the wrist, the woman used the lid as a makeshift fan to waft the scent of the leaves and berries to the blind Saint. Her other hand plucked up an empty satchel. "Full satchel?" she asked, already beginning to scoop in some of the roasted tea.

Back in the living area, the store owner had a friendly interruption. Hearing a voice from the door, Mitula looked up and gave the good doctor a welcoming smile. She gave her recovering guest another cursory check. "I don't think that'll be necessary, Doctor Ketone," she reassured. "The wards in the other rooms were the issue. This one will be just fine."

Suddenly, the clatter of several objects being knocked off of the shelves startled the woman. With a sigh, the seer stood upright. "There had better not be another fight," she grumbled. Not wanting to leave her guests hanging, she motioned a hand toward the winding stairs. "There's a back entrance through the rooftop garden. Up the stairs, take a left, there's a ladder at the end of the hall. Just make sure you shut the trap door when you leave." After a pause, she added, "And don't touch the mushrooms or the purple flowers. Those are toxic when mishandled. Pardon me, Doctor."

Taking care to step on no toes, Mitula slipped back through the seance room and poked her head through the curtains. Kaya, though looking a little startled, was already fetching a broom and dustpan. The cause of the mess was just another non-human customer reacting to the store's wards. Thankfully, Mitula had the sense to keep fragile merchandise well away from the doors because of such customers. With the ferret clinging to her shoulders, Kaya hurried over to ensure nothing was broken. With a small shrug and other customers to tend to, Mitula took up her employee's position behind the register.

When it came to the magic wards Virgil had entirely forgotten they were there. The effect that had on him was practically none, his abilities were much stranger than a simple ward could block, though he was entirely certain Mitula very well could cut off at least some of his abilities. Regardless, if all was well, there was no need to stay here. Taking the back entrance was an unfamiliar concept for this place, but he knew better than to argue. Sending a friendly nod and a wave to the two guests, Virgil made his way out, but before Mitula left the room he spoke "You know where to find me should you need to."

Following her instructions, Virgil really didn't mind the mushrooms very much. If he were to die, poison was not the way to go. He wasn't immune to it, but he'd taken all kinds of poisons, mostly unintentionally. None of them seemed to cause any real damage to him, even if the recovery was painful. Instead, he simply made sure to not step on them, as that would be rude and put spores into the air, something he was sure nobody needed. Although, he could just take the poison from them. Still, he made his way out silently with his basket of goods. This era was so complicated, he needed so many items because people were injured by both magic and machine. Most frequently were they mistakes, particularly with the magic school not being far.

The walk to his home was not very far, at least not to him. He had walked through entire nations before, so walking through a few busy streets wasn't much of a stress to him. Upon opening his door, he was greeted to what he called his home, a word he used loosely, he was never in one place for too long. The sight of his furnished living room was a simple sight, wooden flooring that was worn in the same path, it was clear he was a man of daily habit. Following this very same path, he walked by his brown couch and wooden coffee table and into the bathroom where he had a large shelf placed for the purpose of holding his medicines. It was always stocked full of many medicines from healing salves to pain killers and anti poisons. The basket was getting lighter and lighter as he emptied the contents into the shelf.

The designated place for the basked was directly next to this shelf, so that was where he chose to place it, right on another well worn part of the floor. Not it was time to take care of himself. He had gone to Mitulas for a purpose, he was out of one particular item. Removing his jacket, had anyone been around they would have seen a very hefty burn spanning from his elbow to neck. To Virgil, the pain wasn't much, and it was healing nicely. A few days ago this burn was showing muscle, so he was sure that it was best to hide it. Thankfully his lab coat as a doctor did well, and off the job his jacket was even larger. Yes, this was healing up nicely, it should be completely regenerated within 48 hours if he kept using the salves. Picking up one of the bottles he had just placed on the shelf, he poured the liquid into his right hand so that he could spread this clear liquid onto his left arm. Most people considered this treatment to be painful, and by all means, it was, but to Virgil, the pain of putting a salve on a burn wasn't much. He had lost limbs before, and regenerating those is the real pain. It was the most painful process he'd ever been through, and he'd done it more than once.

Even with his high durability, he had to relax to speed his healing process, just like any normal person. As such, he walked back over to his couch and kicked his feet onto his coffee table, right on the worn out spot that he always did. Normally he'd cross his arms, but the position was awkward for his burn, it would cause a sharper sting than normal. The pain may not have been much by comparison, but pain is pain.

OOC: Fakk, I really hate these short posts... Deal with it this time gais! ^^
-------------------------

Though a few things seemed to have been knocked out nothing seemed to have broken. A young dark haired girl was rushing towards Elae with a dustpan and a broom, seeming that nothing was actually broken the worst part of the panic was leaving her mind.
Taking care on how her wings were moved she pulled them as close as she was able to, which actually took a few seconds due to the objects around her.
Looking around in the shop there were already a few people about, though none of them looked like... Or what did Mitula actually look like? Elae had assumed long flowing loose dress and some hair ornaments, perhaps a piercing or three, though the word gypsy-woman came to mind she was glad that she didn't voice her thoughts.

Sighing deep, realizing that her cover was long since gone after this she found out she might as well try and act as little suspicious as she was able to, given her appearance this might turn out interesting. Pulling down her hood, letting light hit her properly the blue tinted skin and gray tinted eyes showed forth, still having white hair to somewhat hide at least parts of her face she was by no means properly hidden behind it.
"Excuse me, but is it possible to speak to Mitula? Is she available?" Elae asked the young woman who came to clean up after the sudden wings.
Hoping that this girl was not Mitula as that might sound like an odd thing to ask the one you are looking for, Elae realized at this point that she's not really that good with people she doesn't plan to extort somehow.

"I'm afraid I don't know specifically, but she is a Seer according to rumor, and I think she sells magical trinkets and substances."

Beltorchika perked up at the mention of magic. Some may view it as somewhat ironic, a robot so interested in magic, but little do they know, she was built part machine, part magic. The wards and advanced magical spells are just as important to her as the moving parts in her chest cavity. Beyond personal interest, like any Vistian, the Rangers did task her with seeking out additional knowledge, particularly those of a more mystical and magical nature. Advancement in New and Old Vista may be rapid, but over the course of surfacing, the progress of magical knowledge and capabilities has ever so slowly, at a glacial speed, been falling behind in technology. This was unacceptable as Vistians viewed both as a major source of power and knowledge. That is why Rangers take a slightly bit more interest with magic in foreign lands.

{Delighted} That sounds like an interesting store. I may visit them to seek out these mgaical trinkets.

Despite the girl saying that she herself did not have any knowledge of where the shop was, Belotorchika tagged behind her nonetheless. Two eyes searching was better than one and lo and behold, through some fate of sort, they managed to worm their way to Mitula's after a series of turns, backtracking and reorientation of their bearings. As Beltorchika waited behind Elae at the door of the small little store, the little girl yanked open the door. From her height, her sight was blocked by the door frame and had no idea what was happening inside. All she could feel was a slight pressure around the ward seal of her soul. It was like someone pressing down ever so lightly on dough. At that very same moment she felt that sensation, several loud noise emanated from inside with a sliver of purple smoke drifing out from the open door. Curious as to what has happened, Beltorchika turned and tried to entered into the small shop as well before swiftly hitting her head on the top of the door frame. A loud clunk sounded as metal hit wood, but it was nothing of not. Beltorchika frequently forgot about her own height and on a regular basis, knocks her head on things. Adjusting herself, she ducked and successfully entered the store on the second attempt.

{Concerned, but curious} Hello? Did something just happen in here?

The further into the shop she walked, the more the pressure spread around her core. From all her knowledge and experiences with hexes and magic, Beltorchika could tell this was a nullifier. The pressure was the spell trying to dispel and cancel her ward. It wasnt even mildly close to a threat to her wellbeing, but Beltorchika preferred it if she didnt have to constantly have some nagging-like feeling in her chest.

"Excuse me, but is it possible to speak to Mitula? Is she available?"

As Elae asked for the storemistress, Beltorchika stood half in and half out at the door frame. Unlike the others, and there were quite a few of them, customers whom most likely had a very valid reason to be in the store, Beltorchika was essentially just browsing around and curious. There was no need to actually go in. That and that the roof itself wasn't particularly high and with the large number of people in this already small space, Beltorchika was just as likely to step on someone and kill them or knock them out with Chaika as she turned. Perhaps it was best just be nosy from the door.

The repeating of his request made Seiglinde chuckle lightly; he often met with people who didn't understand the unusual selection. Then again, it wasn't even the correct combination - just a reproduction. The original was made in the Feywild with ingredients there and though this combination was close, it did not replace the tea he had shared with Arcentus. The smell though... that did bring back memories. Not just of his beloved, but of the trial and tribulations he had gone through. How it had once been spilled in a battle against a throng of orcs when one sliced at his pack. How he had shared the brew with all of his companions at one time or another around a fire.

"It is...unusual I admit. But it is also as close as I can get to a memory of the Feywild. I... would not wish to go back until I am finished with my business here for fear of what follows me."

Unknowingly, he reached back up to his face, his fingers touching the black silk band over his eyes.

"It is of no consequence for you I hope. But yes, a full satchel if you would. I don't know how long I may be on the road after I meet with Mitula."

The scratching of the pen was the only sound in the musty room, its noises as irregular as the marks it left behind on the paper. The sun shone in through the windows, cutting the room apart with beams of light given body by the minuscule dust particles floating in the air, and hit the room's sole occupant, enthroned behind the desk, right in the face. With a slight scowl that momentarily wrinkled her beautiful, delicate features, Helen shook her head until a long curtain of black hair fell forward to provide shelter. For hours she had sat here, slowly reading the papers that she had been given by her students; as Dean her work was mostly administrative, and her input scientifically was asked for mostly as an evaluator rather than innovator. Few but the most dedicated of students would ever knock on the door to her office, seeing the tall, taciturn head as a melancholy, tragic figure who would not take kindly to interruption; regardless of this, Helen always applied herself to her full extent whenever looking over a piece of work, and found that the students that asked for her scrupulous inspection or input were those who were higher achievers, not fazed by the idea of their work being wrong or requiring serious modification.

The paper she was grading now, however, was not written by such a one; the student, one who she was vaguely familiar with, had a cramped style of handwriting that made the work hard on the eyes to read. Coupled with the fact that they were foreign with a less than stellar grasp of the language, this was proving to be more taxing than the most verbose and dull of financial reports. The final nail in the coffin's lid was that the topic was of no particular interest; effects of increased tissue acidity on the oxygen uptake of cells, certainly important enough but hardly ground breaking.

A few years ago, Helen would have never thought that she would find herself in this position; the alternative, what would have been, was too painful to even think about. Suggesting the idea caused a twinge of pain deep down in her abdomen, and the lady paused momentarily, massaging her temple with a free hand. All day thus far she had kept her mind clear as best she could, focused on the job at hand. Now thoughts rose unbidden, driving spears of grief into her heart that she could ill afford to endure. Even after five years the wound was no less raw, the tightness in her chest no less suffocating. Feeling the air in her office thicken, Helen slowly set the pen down and looked up. Her clock informed her that it was currently approaching late afternoon, an acceptable time to end the working day - not that she didn't have another appointment before too long. Unwilling to allow herself self-pity for even a moment, the scholar rose to her feet and left.

Striding through the corridors of the college, Helen looked around at the few students not in lectures who were still on-site; a motley arrangement, almost all around twenty and fresh-faced. All gave her acknowledging nods as she passed them by, but looked at the ground while doing so, not a single one looking the woman in the eye. On her way out, Helen saw a young couple holding hands and laughing together, and had to look down, her hair masking the expression that adorned her features, nearly faltering in her stride. It was surprising, Helen thought as she walked down the busy streets of Runesong, weaving effortlessly through the crowds, that she still thought this way. That near everything could still tear the wound open, rub salt into it, feed the grieving that had become as much a part of her as breathing and blinking. A raven perched permanently on her psyche, certain sights causing it to caw and dig its claws in. The slightest chance that she could undo this, that there was some higher purpose to this suffering was what chiefly forced her to endure it.

Not, Helen thought not for the first time as she opened the front door of her home and stepped in, that suicide could ever be an option. One thing that she could never tolerate was quitting, shirking one's responsibility; an ultimate form of cowardice, acknowledging that you were beaten and that the problems faced were stronger than you were. A small crumb of bittersweet comfort to Helen was that she would never give up, even if she did not return Eisen to the world of the living until her hair had turned grey and her teeth had fallen out and was far too old for him to love her back. With a tight smile, imagining supporting herself with a staff as a bent hag, looking on as her beautiful husband rose from his slumber, Helen walked through the dusty, mildewed ghost of a mansion to the cellar door, the stairs of which she descended in complete darkness, as familiar with their every contour as she was with her own body.

Entering the cellar, Helen looked at what lay there; little other than a vast excess of books, and a large marble altar at the back wall, which was mirrored. All the scientific equipment; shining brass microscopes, sundry chemicals, textbooks and surgical implements beyond imagination all as useless as each other, all had been disposed of weeks ago. Now magical tomes replaced them, open at various places, certain words in their cryptic texts assailing her...but none in particular. It was the altar that held her attention; two and a half metres long and nearly two metres wide, on it lay her beloved, the reason for which she lived and breathed.

As the day he had died, Eisen's great broad chest, pockmarked with scars that were visible through the hair, had a single thumb-sized hole on its left side, under the pectoral muscle. Seemingly insignificant amongst the veritable map of marks and scar tissue that had defined the heroic body, it had been the one mark to end his life. A single sword thrust had been all that it had taken to fell the near-giant, who even supine and dead was physically impressive, his musculature prominent despite being relaxed in death. The steel plates that had adorned his body at various points were left on, as was his great iron mask, his long brown hair spread around his head like a pillow or halo. The chronomancer's enchantment prevented his body from progressing through time, meaning that it was still stuck in that same day half a decade ago. So watching it, Helen clambered up onto the marble altar and lay next to Eisen, but did not touch him. Being close felt good, it felt right, but his body, once so warm and comforting, was as cold and hard as the iron that he had once wielded. Looking at her reflection in the wall mirror, next to her lover, Helen could almost pretend that they were merely sharing a bed, in spite of his odd position and the marble digging into her body. So there the lady lay, waiting for the knock of her visitor, the body-snatcher, on her front door.

A long weary trudge was the norm. The damned professor and her interests. The corpses couldn't be delivered in the dead of night oh no in the middle of the bloody day! Might as well drag them straight through the open market place in his acrobat costume! So Raziel had to take a very meticulous route that wrapped around part of the castle to the more Easterly side where the traffic was more the immediate farmland that supported Runesong and a familiar face offset the usual pat down and payoff and a series of meticulous bribes and forced small talk made a respected hole in the walls perfect defenses. Leather boots drove through worn routes now dragging a mule with a small cart in tow. The cart had several sacks on it with produce sticking out from the top whether wheat or carrots. It was a well-constructed façade to hide the corpse at the bottom of the cart. The guards never asked and it was never discussed.

With a short chat the Easterner was trudging through the streets well after the hustle and bustle of the marketplace with a low head and a messy mane dangling concealing a tanned face. He was thankful she was at least considerate enough to have the delivery towards the waning life of the day. Still the march from his hiding hole outside the city to the top of the hill where the lady's manor lay was a long one that was mostly uphill for him.

Why'd the damn woman go and have a house at the bloody top o'the city. . . A stone's throw from the college!

Stern grumbling and soft whinny in response accented the clopping of hooves and a rickety cart. At least the town was quieter now and the guards less alert from the business brought this morning. Now it was nearing his time where darkness dulled the senses and fresh drink dulled the mind. People would be jovial soon and it'd be a lot easier for him to relieve patrons from their excess valuables. Raziel had entertained the idea of aiding the Dean of the Runesong college from some excess valuables but she offered him a unique advantage in that the cold bodies he brought fresh air to she wanted for whatever the reason and was willing to pay the price. That made it worthwhile to maintain a healthy relationship with the woman.

A noticeable change in scenery to large colored tapestries bearing insignia of various social fraternities and the Easterner knew he was in the collegiate district. It seemed like it was a perpetual parade to him with banners and flowers everywhere inspiring malleable youth to drink the gruel and submit to ideas that weren't their own. Some of the bright eyed youth still lingered with their study material. Some eyed him as he passed gawking at the horrible retch before them and if so then he was happy. The blessed runts were still wet behind the ears and most of them were there for their parents sake and with the safety net of a healthy coffer of coin. He'd be more than happy to send one straight to the infirmary with a cracked jaw and empty pocket but he only clenched his jaw and swallowed as he passed.

Not long now.

Several guards appeared before him in the distance as he prepared to take the final stretch and he immediately stopped the cart and tended to the mule as though he were feeding the beast. These were the damned honor guard no less! If you couldn't tell by the pompous display of power they carried through ornate armor and an arrogant demeanor they reeked of magic to his attuned senses. Raziel silently cursed himself for this misfortune and stood quietly at his mules side patting her side and feeding her a carrot from the sack. Some chuckling and snide comments that the thief's attuned ears could pick up and the guards passed bringing an immediate wave of relief to the corpse thief as he rounded the final bend that the guards were only a moment ago guarding.

It was an impressive house to be certain there were a lot of places to store the bodies he brought her although the woman never smelled like death and always presented herself pristinely at every one of their meetings so he could only imagine. Leaving the mule cart at the front entrance the rogue moved to the front door and grasped the colossal knocker before bringing it up and striking it down twice into the heavy wooden door pronouncing powerful thuds that seemed to echo out from the door. Almost home free.

Reactions: Squee
Shenorai nodded beneath her hood, being much more generous with her scoops after the saint's confirmation. The roasted medley of tea, mint, and what looked like sliced berries were all dumped and mixed into the satchel in equal parts. Closing the satchel was simple enough: lining the flap of the small bag was a malleable wire wrapped in paper. All one had to do was roll down the flap until the packet was sealed, then bend the wire to secure it in place.

However, as Shen turned to hand off the tea, she realized that simply holding the satchel out in front of her wouldn't suffice. Why make a blind man basically swat at the air just to grab something? It may be amusing to some, but it's just outright rude. Shen didn't feel like being an asshole just yet. This man did nothing of ill will to her, and thus did not deserve such treatment.

Way ahead of you, Shenny, Leondra whispered. An ethereal arm lifted out of the woman's unoccupied arm. It stretched out toward the saint's face and gently gripped the sleeve of the hand feeling at the peculiar black silk over his eyes. The ghost was careful enough to not touch flesh, but she could not help her own cold aura. One with an untrained eye would merely see the cuff of the blind man's sleeve shift downward before the rest of his arm was lowered and simply held out to the woman before him. The crystals hanging overhead were glowing a little brighter. Manipulating objects from the living world was far easier when the ghost was still within her host.

Praying none of the patrons had the training to see the ghostly arm, Shen simply deposited the tea into his hand with a simple, "Here." With that, the arm retracted back into her body and the overhead gems had settled back to their usual glow. The wooden lid to the specialty tea was resealed and Shenorai quickly went back to the rice tea mixture. She, too, filled her satchel to the brim before sealing both the packet and the box.

"I bid you good day," Shen said almost hastily to the saint, failing to hide her awareness of the ethereal presence. She quickly strode over to the medical shelves, plucking up a vial of smelling salts, a box of healing salve, and several bottles of a sleeping tonic. With the wares in hand, the woman walked up to the counter at last, setting the items down beside the register.

The green-haired woman behind the counter smiled widely at her next customer. "About time you showed up, Shen. I was beginning to worry," she said lightheartedly as she plucked up the satchel to weigh it.

Under her hood, the human shifted uneasily, but was fishing out the sack of coins that Nathaniel tossed to her earlier. Along with her coin purse. "You received my letter, then?"

Mitula nodded, returning the satchel to the counter as she was figuring the total. "Last week, yes. However, we can save that discussion for later. We're a little busier than usual."

"So I see," Shen said quietly, glancing at the browsing patrons behind her. Her gaze locked on the dark-haired cashier who was being addressed by a winged woman. Though the girl was nervous, Shenorai didn't look worried. The perched ferret on the girl's shoulder was more curious than scared of the unusual presence. She turned back to Mitula. "How's Kaya holding up?"

"She's still a little shy, but I think working out here rather than in the alchemy lab is helping to fix that," Mitula winked. "That'll be four silver, two copper pieces."

Shenorai's brow furrowed at the seer. "That's half the price," she pointed out.

"Family discount, dear. Why complain?"

Over by the doorway, Kaya had stiffened. There were far too many people coming in now. Should something happen like a raid, it was just herself and Mitula here. As far as she knew, neither of them would be able to stop everyone from taking what they wanted and charging their way out the door. But why were her thoughts wildly jumping to that conclusion? The patrons were behaving from what she's seen. Perhaps it was just paranoia eating at her again.

The woman before her was, indeed, unusual. The last time she saw someone with strange-colored skin, it was simply another student who had mucked up his ingredient ratio in his alchemy class. Had to whip up four day's worth of a special cleaning solution just to get his skin color back to normal. Couldn't do much about his hair, though. He was wandering for half the semester with vibrant pink hair after that. But this woman was no student. The wings were a clear indication of her inhuman roots. The white hair was unusual, for she still had a youthful face. Those gray eyes, though... they sent a chill down the teen's spine.

Kaya had to swallow her nervousness. If the guest was seeking the seer, then the girl had better direct her to the right place. She lifted her arm and pointed over at the counter, where the woman in red was producing the coin for her purchase and the yellow-eyed woman was fetching a bag for her customer's goods.

"Madame Mitula is behind the counter, miss," Kaya informed her with a weak smile. The ferret upon her shoulder seemed intent upon trying to reach out as far as he can to sniff at a wing, yet he didn't wish to fall off. Quite a silly creature, really. Yet the smile faded from the girl's face when Kaya looked up at the door, seeing a towering automation of sorts simply leaning in and looking around. She couldn't tell if this... golem of sorts was sentient or if it was sent down here by someone too lazy to seek out the shop. "...may I help you?" the girl asked, unsure whether or not she may as well be talking to a wall.

It would have been easy to just lie there and die; a thought that had entered Helen's mind a few minutes previously would not leave her be, possibly because it made sense. In a moment of clarity, she had put together that she was most content, insofar as she could ever be content, when lying next to her husband, and so expiring in this position, maybe putting one of his arms around her, seemed worryingly logical. To give in and join him in oblivion, for she did not believe in any form of afterlife, would bring them closer than they had been for years, a final bond that all who loved to the end eventually found themselves sharing. After a few more minutes of lying there a distant thudding dredged Helen from the mire of her thoughts, and so shaking her head rose up from the altar and took hold of a thin silken sheet that lay at Eisen's feet and drew it over him. The contours of his body were still visible through the death shroud, but it was of no matter.

As she slowly ascended the stairs to the main body of her empty residence, Helen decided that she would trust the graverobber. Though she was loathe to accept assistance, the lady was aware that clouds of suspicion were already gathering over her head, and an ally in these times would be welcome indeed. Though science had proven futile, the world of magic remained open to her. With so much to learn, however, Helen would not have the time to gather the resources needed, especially not those of a more esoteric nature, something that he specialised in. Whether investing any kind of importance in the man was a good idea, she could not be too certain. He was the only person out of those she knew that would suffice...

It had been a fortnight previously when the body snatcher had called upon her to deliver a batch of goods. Helen had not specified what sort of body she preferred as long as they were fresh, and Raziel had complied, but one of the deceased was a baby, barely a week old when it had died. Holding the tiny body, an image of potential and life wrapped in a death shroud when it should have been swaddling clothes, from a coffin that should have been a cot, she had felt her chest tighten and knees weaken as grief washed over her. Helen had held her own tiny son this way, his body still wet with afterbirth and her own loins soaked with blood from the labour. It was meant to be one of the happiest days in her life, turned into merely another tragedy during the worst time of her life. Had she been too weak? Had he been too weak? Or was it Eisen's death playing havoc on her system that had inadvertently choked their offspring in the womb?

Though Helen had not cried then, too stunned to do anything other than stare and will things not to be so, but for the first time in over half a decade tears pricked the lady's eyes and she had collapsed, sliding down the wall with the cadaver clutched tightly against her narrow chest. The graverobber had taken the body from her, pulled her to her feet and asked her if she was fine. The tone of his voice, so tender, so genuine, the first to give a damn about how she felt. Of course others had walked past Eisen's empty mausoleum when she was nearby and offered their condolences, but it meant nothing. Their glazed-over eyes and false smiles were no more genuine than the brief gratitude she expressed for their supposed kindness. Raziel had stayed until she had composed herself, then left without a word, good enough to see that she did not want the matter discussed. Thus he was the only one that could be trusted, and would be free to walk away from the offer that she would make him - declining would be a blow to her, but one that could be worked around.

Pulling open the great front door enough to allow his cart in, Helen stood aside to allow him passage, greeting the grave robber with a nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.