How well do you fit your Western gender role?

So, how about dat gender?

• My sex and gender align 90% or more. I fit the stereotype very well.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I usually fit the mold, but I have a few pretty big things that break it.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I'm about 50/50. I'm not more masculine than feminine, really.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Honestly, I fit the gender opposite to my sex better. I only have a few things that really match up.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I don't match at all! Only 10% or less of the things associated with my sex apply to me.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other- please specify.

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the outside, I'm a straight male. But deep inside, I'm totally 100% feminine. I normally prefer to hang out with females rather than males, because I just naturally fit in with them better and I'm a lot more comfortable around them than I am guys. I guess that explains why I mostly have female friends and why my only real male friend is a Transgender.

This is basically me, except I'd say I'm more of a 70/30 split and most of my friends are male due to childhood experiences leaving me really awkward at dealing with females up until a few years ago. Most of my male friends don't fit any predefined role or niche either though.

On the outside, I'm a straight male. But deep inside, I'm totally 100% feminine. I normally prefer to hang out with females rather than males, because I just naturally fit in with them better and I'm a lot more comfortable around them than I am guys. I guess that explains why I mostly have female friends and why my only real male friend is a Transgender.

This was basically me before I decided to stop living under the huge pile of denial (hey that rhymed!) and went full girl. Well, decided I'd go full girl, still working on that part but people 'mistook' me for female online so often there's really no need to change anything here except what my profile says!

Iiiii am totally stereotype feminine! Aside from my brief years of being a "tomboy because being a girlygirl is bad and stupid", I have always been the rainbows, sparkles, princess, traditional sort of girl. That's just what I LIKE.

In the few areas I'm NOT stereotypical female like hating babies and never wanting them, I get A LOT of shit from people. >:[ It's frustrating. I am constantly being told that my feelings would be different with my own baby, that I'll change my mind and regret it later, or that my uterus will dry up and all kinds of stupid things.

I enjoy being feminine! I actually like gender roles and stereotypes. I don't think people should be FORCED in to them, though. That's just stupid. But the roles are all about balancing. They reflect two sides of a whole. I am love things like that. >>

I'm not masculine and I'm not feminine. I have certain feminine attributes, and certain masculine ones, but a lot of times I simply don't fit into any category. So I'm pretty gender neutral, I wouldn't really say I'm fifty fifty, I rather say 30/30/40, with 40 being non or other, 30 being masculine and 30 being feminine. Usually I'm more feminine around my girl friends, and more masculine around guys, though it happens that it's the reversed depending on with whom I am with and what we're doing. Mostly I'm very neutral in both how I act and how I look.

So no, neither I nor my friends think I fit into my assigned gender role. But very few feminine women nor masculine men does fit into their 'gender role' completely either. There's almost always something that's a miss-match.

I'm not masculine and I'm not feminine. I have certain feminine attributes, and certain masculine ones, but a lot of times I simply don't fit into any category. So I'm pretty gender neutral, I wouldn't really say I'm fifty fifty, I rather say 30/30/40, with 40 being non or other, 30 being masculine and 30 being feminine. Usually I'm more feminine around my girl friends, and more masculine around guys, though it happens that it's the reversed depending on with whom I am with and what we're doing. Mostly I'm very neutral in both how I act and how I look.

So no, neither I nor my friends think I fit into my assigned gender role. But very few feminine women nor masculine men does fit into their 'gender role' completely either. There's almost always something that's a miss-match.

How would you describe the non or other gender role?

How would you describe the non or other gender role?

Not sure how to describe it. I simply do things and it would be hard to put it in a stereotypical male or female role (at least for me). I guess it's mainly the way I talk and act around people when it's not my closest friends (and sometimes my closest friends depending on what we're doing/talking about). I simply behave in a way so some people would say it's more feminine while others would say it's more masculine and a handful would say non or both even though all three sides sees the exact same scenario. It's just those behaviors that are hard to put in a specific role and becomes more androgynous or goes outside the known chart. I don't think I'm able to explain it better than that ^^'

This was basically me before I decided to stop living under the huge pile of denial (hey that rhymed!) and went full girl. Well, decided I'd go full girl, still working on that part but people 'mistook' me for female online so often there's really no need to change anything here except what my profile says!
I don't think I want to go down that road. I mean, sure, I've thought about it enough times, and I could totally see myself as a girl. Maybe I'm just in denial myself, but I think I'd prefer to stay a feminine male for now. Eh... Possibly, I'm not so sure anymore. Ever since my friend announced that he's trans, I've been so confused about my gender identity.

I don't think I want to go down that road. I mean, sure, I've thought about it enough times, and I could totally see myself as a girl. Maybe I'm just in denial myself, but I think I'd prefer to stay a feminine male for now. Eh... Possibly, I'm not so sure anymore. Ever since my friend announced that he's trans, I've been so confused about my gender identity.

You should be whatever makes you the most comfortable. To hell with stupid people. Another thing I think helps people consider me very feminine is that I have what has been described as "an ass that would fit better on an hourglass woman"....to the point that when I had long hair, straight guys, lesbian girls, and bisexuals would hit on me thinking I was their type...until I turned around O.o...

Honestly, I'm pretty happy being a female who more strongly identifies with the masculine gender. I still prefer feminine pronouns; physically I'm perfectly happy with boobs and a vagina. (not that I wouldn't change if it was cheap and easy, but that's more because of exploration and curiosity- a pull factor, not a push)
But that's not going to stop me from being an anti-child semi-dyke who wants to see the world, break tradition, work with my hands, forget about shaving and lotion and conditioner for a few months... I've got a pretty aggressive personality. I'm good with leadership roles and science. I'm not the person to go to for comfort, I'm better at giving advice from a logical POV.

I'm female and I like it that way, but that doesn't mean there needs to be anything feminine about me.
Gender identity isn't about your body, it's about your mind.

You should be whatever makes you the most comfortable. To hell with stupid people.

^This. Also if you ever need an ear to talk to I'm here!

I am androgynous. I don't view myself as split down the middle of male or female. I view myself as genderless and if I have traits of both mainline genders, then so be it.

^This. Also if you ever need an ear to talk to I'm here!
Oh, well thanks, but I hardly know you. It seems a little weird to share such info with a total stranger. And as comfortable as I am talking about my personal life, I wouldn't want to bother anyone with my identity issues. Or any of my issues for that matter. I would love to get to know you, though, you seem pretty awesome.

Oh, well thanks, but I hardly know you. It seems a little weird to share such info with a total stranger. And as comfortable as I am talking about my personal life, I wouldn't want to bother anyone with my identity issues. Or any of my issues for that matter. I would love to get to know you, though, you seem pretty awesome.

I'm with Vay, I'll listen even though I don't have the same identity issues. I'll listen to your issues because I really do like listening to people and helping them resolve their issues. Empathy is my top strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.