How Twilight Works

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I actually don't really mind the emphasis on abstinence in the book because I didn't really feel like she was trying to shove it down people's throats. I felt like she instead just used it as a means to create an overall tension, sexual and romantic, between Bella and Edward. It didn't really feel judgmental of people who do have sex or anything.

I dunno, I like the idea of saving yourself for one person and not jumping into sex and all that. I'm not a prude or anything and people who go about relationships in a much different approach can have something ten times more meaningful, in the end it's all about the individual, but the chastity and virtue that Edward places importance on and that plays a being role in their relationship is actually something that appeals to me. And the tension it creates is definitely sexy. In and interview, Meyer said that she wanted to place importance on the smaller displays of affection, show how they can be exhilarating in their own right, even something like holding hands... I think that's a pretty commendable goal.

I'm not a Twilight fan, but there are certain aspects of the book that are attacked that I will defend. To me it's important to attack the things that deserve to be attacked. I try not to hate all over something indiscriminately just because it's egregiously bad in certain areas.