How do you like your steak

How do you like your steak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medium rare. Love mixing those tasty red juices with my mashed potatoes.

I couldn't choose two but I like my steak blackened on the outside and well done on the inside with some A1 steak sauce.

If not rare, medium rare is nice. I don't have steak often so I'm not that worried with health concerns.

I'm the only one here who enjoys blue rare apparently. I mean rare is good too, I'll have it if I'm going out to a restaurant or something, since I don't trust anyone to cook my steaks except me. But at home? I want to taste the meat, not the heat.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I don't really care how my steak is done but usually it's done medium so I'm more used to it. I just want MEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!

I'm the only one here who enjoys blue rare apparently. I mean rare is good too, I'll have it if I'm going out to a restaurant or something, since I don't trust anyone to cook my steaks except me. But at home? I want to taste the meat, not the heat.
What does blue rare taste like? o_o Wouldn't it taste kinda raw?

I used to refuse to eat steak unless it was well done, but I slowly moved my way up to medium rare. I don't really like steak though. I only eat it a handful of times a year.

What does blue rare taste like? o_o Wouldn't it taste kinda raw?
The taste is much richer compared to a medium or medium rare. Compared to rare it's a little cooler and, yes, has a bit of a raw taste to it. I wouldn't know how to compare it to anything beyond medium because I'm couldn't commit such a crime against steak. I greatly enjoy it because of just how big of an impact that pure meat taste leaves. I'm a steak purest and save for certain dishes that call for it, don't believe much in needing large amounts of seasonings, marinades, and especially dipping sauces.

While it is a general rule of thumb that eating raw(er) meat is unsafe, steak is a little bit different. The interior meat is a little cleaner as far as bacteria go, at least when kept at the appropriate and safe temperature for storage, it's mostly the outside you need to worry about. That's why even though I enjoy a blue rare steak, I wouldn't touch beef tartare, which is like raw ground up hamburger, since it mixes that outside and inside bits together along with the bacteria.

Honestly the only other meat I've consumed raw has been oysters and a few other sea creatures straight from the water. I was more worried about pollutants than I was bacteria when eating those, however.

• Useful
Reactions: Minibit and Hana
I can't do medium rare. *gag*

I'm somewhere between medium and medium well. Never well done though!! Yuck!

Medium rare, but probably a bit more on the rare side. I find whenever I order rare I get blue rare, so I usually get medium rare. I usually have stomach issues after eating meat (especially beef), so steak is a treat for me.

Though medium-rare is the route to go, I like Pittsburgh Style seared steak where the outside is seared and lightly charred while the inside remains almost rare and bloody.

King+of+the+hill+you+know+what+fuck+you+hank_29e34b_5546193.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: Astoria
Status
Not open for further replies.