Hopeless Romantic

P

Prima Fauna

Original poster
I am so, eternally, devotedly, fan girlishly in love with my husband. Any time I watch one of those chick flicks or see a romantic figure in the movies and TV shows, all I can do is think of my husband and it makes me love him even more.

All the 'princes' and 'heros' in my coloring books are brown haired, blue eyed fellows with me as the leading lady in the picture. Everywhere I look, I see my husband. And it doesn't help that this weekend is OUR year anniversary. Which is crazy because 2 years ago.... We met in person for the first time..... And before that, it was all texting and skype. We met online nearly 8 or 9 years ago. He is... and always will be my best friend. He takes SUCH good care of me and I couldn't ask for better. I am SO much in love that my heart is bursting at the seams. My best friend..... And he is mine.

Are any of you out there hopeless romantics? I know I am. I am all about the Ivory carriages and princes. After all... Even if you aren't 'into' all the chivalry, I think every lady is a princess and should be treated like a queen. ^_^ My husband treats me as such.

Oh... I just LOVE love. -squee-

I wanted to use a quote from an Aqua Timez song but I forgot said song I was thinking about...

Edit: Oh wait, I just remembered it:

'I want to be loved, but you don't seem to love me
I wander within that repetition
I found one answer; that even if I'm scared, even if I'm hurt
I can say "I love you" to the person who I love'
Aqua Timez "Sen No Yoru Wo Koete (After a Thousand Nights)"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prima Fauna
XD So, what is your take on the whole.... Romance thing? :3

*Shrug* And I know I shouldn't be shrugging but yeah. I myself am single but I guess most women that I know probably think I'm a chilivaristic(eventhough it's kinda dead now-a-days) bastard. Hell, some would try to date me if they weren't already taken.

But I be somewhat off subject. As for what I think of love/romance: Well, love is such a funny thing and completely unpredictable.

Indeed it is! ^__^ Bwahaha... And chivalry isn't dead. :3 It is just.... mistaken, sadly. You know... Mistaken by some of the jerks out there that use the good guy facade and their good looks... just to rustle a ladies jimmies and be off with her for the next lady.

I think...... Chivalry will have a huge come back. :D I mean, I want everyone to have a TRUE romance of their own. ^_^ TeeHee! I am so giddy right now.

Edit: Those lyrics are pretty. :D I've never heard of them. ^_^ Now I gotta look them up. :D

Yeah, Chivalry might make a comeback....even if I have to do it myself.

And Ya, you should look said song up. It's a good Jpop song.

Well....

I've never been one for frolicing through the posies or dramatically running into each others arms and spinning in slow motion, but being in love is pretty awesome. Above all, having someone that you can trust and honor to share your secrets and deepest emotions with is absolutely wonderful. I met my soon to be hubz in highschool and we've been together what will be 8 years this february.

Everyone has there own version of the perfect relationship though, which in itself is important when finding a partner :D

Mhm! TeeHee! I love you both. :D I just.. I am so full of love today. ^_^ Hugs for everyone!!!!!!

Hm~<3 And the mission for this thread is to bring back Chivalry!!!!! With honor!!

Chivalry should be considered universal. Perhaps just a better understanding of respect and care for all people. Not just women.

Indeed! ^_^ And instead of Feminism, I think it should be Peopleism. :3 The general well being of everyone. :D Not just one sex over another. :3 That is silly. ^_^ Respect needs to be spread out everywhere! And I think epic hugs should do it. ^_^ Hugs and understanding. :D Peopleism. :3 Hmm~<3

Gotta agree with you Esthalia.

And onward, With Gusto!

I enjoy pretending that I'm not and I'm sort of a private person when it comes to most things - I feel like I'm bothering people needlessly when I talk too much about my own life. So a lot of people maybe don't know that I'm *cough* completely, hopelessly romantic *cough*. I adore silly, sappy things and they often put me in a positive mood, even watching other people be cute.​
As for me, I am dating the very best man that I know and my favorite person on the planet. We've known each other for about seven years now and we've been dating about a year and a half. It is all skype and the like for now, because of the distance, but that will hopefully change soon enough.​

Ahem. I mean. Romance is dumb. >:[

Reactions: Elyd
I have to agree with Kitti. A big part of me is super lovey dovey and jazz, but I have my moods that romance makes me feel like I want to blarf.

... OH YEAH PEOPLEISM!

BECAUSE

IT'S NOT LIKE

THERE IS
"
… the socialization of boys regarding masculinity is often at the expense of women. I came to realize that we don't raise boys to be men, we raise them not to be women (or gay men). We teach boys that girls and women are "less than" and that leads to violence by some and silence by many. It's important for men to stand up to not only stop men's violence against women but, to teach young men a broader definition of masculinity that includes being empathetic, loving and non-violent.
A RIDICULOUSLY
DISPROPORTIONATE
images

WAY OF TREATING
tumblr_mlgpy0k2Qh1qz8vumo1_500.png

tumblr_mlgpy0k2Qh1qz8vumo2_500.png

tumblr_mlgpy0k2Qh1qz8vumo4_500.png

tumblr_mlgpy0k2Qh1qz8vumo3_500.png

via http://www.vulture.com/2013/04/lead...-love-interests-dont.html?mid=twitter_vulture

ONE GENDER
tumblr_mo9rkqaYlC1s3ggdno2_r2_1280.png

tumblr_mo9rkqaYlC1s3ggdno13_r2_500.png

tumblr_mo9rkqaYlC1s3ggdno7_r1_500.png

tumblr_mo9rkqaYlC1s3ggdno8_r1_500.png

tumblr_mo9rkqaYlC1s3ggdno10_r1_500.png

tumblr_mo9rkqaYlC1s3ggdno9_r1_500.png

OVER ANOTHER.
tumblr_mh820fOFcV1qmffl3o1_500.jpg

"
Many women are reluctant to advocate feminism because they are uncertain about the meaning of the term. Other women from exploited and oppressed ethnic groups dismiss the term because they do not wish to be perceived as supporting a racist movement; feminism is often equated with white women's rights effort. Large numbers of women see feminism as synonymous with lesbianism; their homophobia leads them to reject association with any group identified as pro-lesbian. Some women fear the word "feminism" because they shun identification with any political movement, especially one perceived as radical. Of course there are women who do not wish to be associated with women's rights movement in any form so they reject and oppose feminist movement. Most women are more familiar with negative perspectives on "women's lib" than the positive significations of feminism. It is this term's positive political significance and power that we must now struggle to recover and maintain.
" bell hooks,
Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center
The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology has dealt a devastating blow to the notion that men and women are fundamentally different when it comes to how they think and act.
"Although gender differences on average are not under dispute, the idea of consistently and inflexibly gender-typed individuals is," Bobbi J. Carothers of Washington University in St. Louis and Harry T. Reis of the University of Rochester explained in their study. "That is, there are not two distinct genders, but instead there are linear gradations of variables associated with sex, such as masculinity or intimacy, all of which are continuous."
Analyzing 122 different characteristics from 13,301 individuals in 13 studies, the researchers concluded that differences between men and women were best seen as dimensional rather than categorical. In other words, the differences between men and women should be viewed as a matter of degree rather than a sign of consistent differences between two distinct groups.
"
I suspect it's difficult for men to imagine a world in which their bodies have long been inextricably linked to their value as an individual, and that no matter how encouraging your parents were or how many positive female role models you had or how self-confident you feel, there is an ever-present pressure that creeps in from all sides, whispering in your ear that you are your body and your body defines you. A world where, from the time of pubescence on, you can feel the constant and palpable weight of the male gaze, and not just from your male peers but from teachers and sports coaches and the fathers of the children you baby-sit, people you're supposed to respect and trust and look up to, and that first realization that you are being looked at in that way is the beginning of a self-consciousness that you will be unable to shake for the rest of your life.
Even if they are never verbalized, the rules of bodily conduct for females become clear early on: when school administrators reprimand you for the inch of midriff that shows when you lift your hands straight in the air or youth group leaders tell you that the sight of your unintentional cleavage is what causes godly young men to fall, you learn that your body is dangerous and shameful and that it's your responsibility to cloister it in a way that is acceptable to everyone else. You learn that your body is a topic of public debate that everyone is entitled to weigh in on, from a male classmate telling you that those jeans make your ass look huge to the male-dominated United States Congress dictating the parameters that rape must fall within to be considered legitimate. To be a woman, and to live life in a woman's body, is to be held to a set of comically paradoxical standards that make you constantly second-guess yourself and jump through a million hoops in pursuit of an impossible perfection.
4184149900_8de4e63a1a.jpg
skepticalsexistbingo.jpg
tumblr_m3xvkmXxMx1r9f9bx.jpg
"Feminism is itself a challenge. Feminism is a challenge to the way things are in the world. It is by definition an oppositional movement, because it's trying to accomplish something. I've never felt like feminism was a consciousness raising effort in isolation. Everything about feminism is about getting something in the world to get better for women, and to get the world to be less stupid on gender bifurcation terms. I think that feminism over time gets better, or it gets better and worse and better and worse at achieving the goals that it's trying to achieve, but the overall mission stays the same. I guess I don't think of it as feminism versus anti-feminism; I sort of think of it as feminism versus the world. I don't think of it as a competition; there's no winning. In feminism, you're always trying to make stuff better. It's opposition to which you cannot attribute a tally." - Rachel Maddow

Like most guys, I had bought into the stereotype that all feminists were white, lesbian, unattractive male bashers who hated all men. But after reading the work of these black feminists, I realized that this was far from the truth. After digging into their work, I came to really respect the intelligence, courage and honesty of these women.
Feminists did not hate men. In fact, they loved men. But just as my father had silenced my mother during their arguments to avoid hearing her gripes, men silenced feminists by belittling them in order to dodge hearing the truth about who we are.
…Not only does feminism give woman a voice, but it also clears the way for men to free themselves from the stranglehold of traditional masculinity. When we hurt the women in our lives, we hurt ourselves, and we hurt our community, too.
" - Byron Hurt, Why I Am A Male Feminist
The truth is—despite stereotypes that paint feminists as forever negative—doing feminist work requires boundless optimism. It means believing that people have the ability to be better, that culture can change, and maybe even that people who hate can learn to love. It's exhausting. Sometimes reminding ourselves how hilariously stupid the opposition can be is a necessary break from the burden of idealism. Fuck the High Road: The Upside of Sinking to Their Level | The Nation

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that koori has educated everyone on feminism, 8D

I LOVE ROMANCE. I love love. I adore romantic comedies, and mushy mushy love scenes, and romance novels, and couples, and crushes, and true love, and soul mate, and one night stands, and sex. >:]

I love seeing people come together and getting their romance on. >:3

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
e ____ e *stares at the feminie list*
Romance is great, yes....
Will edit later after taking in all this koori information (FEMINIST BINGO ALRIGHT! :D)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
...what sort of relevance did that have to the conversation, Koori? o__o
I am confused. Anyway... what was your wedding like? :D

• Love
Nobody needs to be jealous over being married. ^_^ Marriage will come in time. He was my first boyfriend and will be my last husband. ^_^ When I was younger, I was always looking for someone to accept me for me. Not trying to "fit in" and then... we met online. We became close friends quickly and then... It was like.... He was all I could dream about. I'd dream that we'd be married and have a future. And now we do! ^_^ From a 12 year old's dreams to an 18 year old's reality.

Our wedding wasn't anything amazing. It was 2 witnesses and a courthouse judge who gave us a discount because he gives all military a big discount to be married. ^_^

HOWEVER, if I had it my way, I would have an outside wedding... In a garden during the spring when the flowers have the most beautiful scent.

I would be in a gown similar to this: http://cloud.lbox.me/images/l/200904/pptz1240395099156.jpg

I would have this veil: http://www.advantagebridal.com/erkove566.html#.UcAgFpzJgbI

I would wear this garter: http://www.advantagebridal.com/army-garter-army-wedding-garter.html#.UcAf1ZzJgbI

I would use these shoes: http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/bare_feet_in_public_main.jpg

I would decorate with this headband over the veil but in flowers: http://www.advantagebridal.com/rhinestone-headband-tiara.html#.UcAgGpzJgbI

These would be my jewelry: http://www.advantagebridal.com/gold-wedding-jewelry-garden-necklace-and-earrings.html#.UcAgIZzJgbI

And if I could find a good bunch of wild Tiger Lilies, I would use this as the ring holder: http://www.advantagebridal.com/siplroweribo.html#.UcAgK5zJgbI

If I had wild Tiger Lilies, I would have my little brother use this as the ring bearer: http://www.advantagebridal.com/bird-nest-ring-pillow-birds-nest-ring-bearer-pillow.html#.UcAgM5zJgbI

My husband and I would have used these in our shoes. Or my ankle bracelet: http://www.advantagebridal.com/sixpence-gift-lucky-sixpence.html#.UcAgPZzJgbI

My husband would be in his Army Blues OR this: http://gyazo.com/0d014e4e1f05962d6830032283d793bf

As you can see, I have my wedding planned already. For whenever we can afford a nice wedding. We would go to Ireland for our honeymoon and travel by horse if ever we decided to leave the cottage. ^_^

This is my ideal wedding. ~<3

THAT LOOKS JUST SO WONDERFUL!
IM ALREADY CRYING ; u ;
WHEN A GIRL GETS TO BE MARRIED TO THE ONE SHE LOVES ITS ALWAYS LIKE A FAIRYTALE....
AND I COULD JUST PICTURE YOUR WEDDING, IT LOOKS SO WONDERFUL.

• Love