Hopeless Romantic

>.>

<.<

Yeah okay I admit it, I am a bit of a hopeless romantic. I do have romance novels in my library collection, and there's a romance series that a friend and I keep up with together. However, I've been one for the princely sort. I grew up on Disney movies but it never really appealed to me. I kinda fall for the enigmatic, trench coat wearing, highly intelligent to border point bizarre men. I like my men smart. ^.~

I'm in an almost 6 year long relationship, which started off online. We met when I was 16 and he was 18 and god... Thinking back on it I was kinda a bad girl. XP My entire family said I wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend until I got done with college, but I really wanted to meet him, soooo he got a job which paid for the plane ticket and yeah - Got a hotel for the weekend and fell in love. =P

Despite all this I still read romance novels. So sue me!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Thank you. ^_^ It looks so nice in my mind. But, I doubt I will ever have that faerie tale wedding. No matter. I got married and everyday feels like it is the first time being in love. And every morning feels like the first of our honeymoon. ^_^ We didn't HAVE a honeymoon but... You don't have to go somewhere fancy to have a honeymoon. :3 We stayed at his mama's house and had fun with his family.

Edit: AWWWW, That is cute! Kinda like my husband and I. First time we ever met, his parents picked me up and we alll went to Busch Gardens... And then the second time, he paid for my ticket and took me to a hotel for Christmas break... And it was AMAZING...

-sues for 1 million hugs-

I'm actually one of those rare girls that isn't all that into romance. It's sweet and I like it maybe a few times a month, but every day it get stifling.
Ironically enough, my boyfriend is a hopeless romantic. He reads romance manga at least as much as I roleplay; and he definitely watches more romance movies. I can't stand most romcoms; our first argument was over whether or not Twilight was a decent book with him on the supporting side.
If one of us is ignoring the other's texts in favor of playing Skyrim, it's probably me. If one of us is saying "How about we stop watching South Park and turn it to This Means War", it's probably him. I guess we're just that weird couple.
We've been together almost two years now and we're planning on getting married next year. So far we've favoring a superhero theme, since we can come together on action movies. I've already called Marvel for the bridesmaids; I kinda feel sorry for him explaining to all his groomsmen why they have to pick DC heroes.
Of course, I'm not entirely oblivious to romance. I try my best, but sometimes it feels like I fall flat. When he went to boot camp (he's in the Navy) I sealed every letter with a kiss and a little dash of perfume and though I was being super romantic. He came back and immediately played the song he had been composing for me in his head the entire time. >_< He just shows me up every time I try to do something sweet.
There are some days I just get kinda frustrated. As much fun as it is to be messing around with gender stereotypes, I'm not gonna lie, there are some days I just look at him and I'm all like "you're the man, you make the decision". XD
I semi-honestly think if he were any sweeter or more romantic I might go into a sugar coma after spending the day with him.

• Love
That is cuute. ^_^ And I think it is awesome! And don't get jealous. Him doing that for you, playing a song he composed... It means you are doing the right thing. You are making him fall deeper and deeper in love. ^_^ In our relationship, I am the romantic one. I do little things, like making him his drink, a snack, and setting up his gaming system with pajamas on the chair so he has everything needed in one spot to relax when he gets home. Or I will write notes on the window with window markers... Or on mirrors. I leave notes around. ^_^ Little things. He isn't the romantic type. Or if he is, he hasn't shown it yet. ^_^ He is more of a... thinker and "logic man" than anything else. :3 Two completely different people.

The Dreamer and The Thinker

>_> ...I don't think I've ever met anyone so completely engulfed in their romance, RL or online.

As mean as it might make me sound, just hearing you go on and on about how much you absolutely love your husband just makes me all the more skeptical about the whole thing. And married at 18 just boggles my mind. I know that's not exactly uncommon, but it still freaks me out. You're so young! o__o

I'm very firmly in the mindset of "I never want to get married!"

Maybe I'm just strange.

Hm.. Well, I am young but... My mind is more mature than most. ^_^ I had to grow up quick and I grew to realize what I had in our relationship. I had known him for years and he is my best friend. ^_^

I don't think it sounds mean. It is completely normal to be skeptical. ^_^ Especially with someone being as young as I am. I am just one of those girls that loves love. I didn't see much love in my household growing up and my family wasn't the most huggable out there. And despite my surroundings, I grew up knowing what true love is.

True love is knowing that your partner supports you in everything you do. They will do tiny little things, like make you breakfast in bed. If you gain weight or have a bad hair day, they still think you are cute and beautiful. When they are away from you, they feel like they are missing a part of themselves when they are surrounded by other couples. They feel bad when they have to explain why their wife or husband isn't by their side.

And in my situation, if I hadn't had married him when I did, I would have lost my chance. I believe there is a "Soul Mate" and that one perfect person. Many people don't find them until it is too late or in their later years. I just happened to have found mine early. ^_^

I had been asked out by a lot of people, but I knew within myself that none of them were "the ones" and if I had said yes to any of them they wouldn't have gone further than a week before it ended. I knew about the middle school and high school flings. I wasn't interested in that. At an early age, I was looking for something deeper and with meaning. I am one of the lucky few who found their perfect mate. And I can foresee that in the future all will be well. We will go through our fights, but as all friendships do, they come back stronger than before.

>_> ...I don't think I've ever met anyone so completely engulfed in their romance, RL or online.

As mean as it might make me sound, just hearing you go on and on about how much you absolutely love your husband just makes me all the more skeptical about the whole thing. And married at 18 just boggles my mind. I know that's not exactly uncommon, but it still freaks me out. You're so young! o__o

I'm very firmly in the mindset of "I never want to get married!"

Maybe I'm just strange.

You wouldn't believe how firmly I was in your camp until I met my bf. I always hated the idea of marriage- being a female, it seemed too much like saying "haha, I'm too stupid to take care of my own finances or other business obligations so I'm going to sign everything over to my man!".
My granny got married at seventeen, and there's a pretty good chance I will as well- the love between my grandparents has lasted over sixty years so far, and I don't believe it's just chance. My decision to get married, though, is based more off of finances than love. While I do love him enough to marry him, I would want to wait if it was practical. But he's currently stationed in Hawaii, and if I go to the University of Hawaii, it's going to cost me over 20 grand a year. In-state tuition is only 9k a year, and you know how you qualify for in-state? Being a dependent of military personnel stationed there. Ironically, financial reasons will be a big motivator for me to get married early.
Of course, if I go somewhere other than Hawaii (looking at uChicago and Whitman, in particular) or if I don't get accepted for some reason, we might wind up having an indefinite engagement- or possibly getting married anyway and living apart. Marriage, sadly, is about more than love in today's world. There are quite a few factors that have to be decided.

I'm not a very touchy-feely GIMMIE ALL THE HUGS~ person. >< In fact, I hate it when people I barely know insist on hugging me. If any of my Iwaku friends tried to snuggle me, I'd probably bite them. Sorry, guys. xD And when I see other people in love, I'm like "Ew, puke." lol

Deep deep deeeeeep down, I'm not so grouchy... I promise. Haha. I'm complicating, I guess.

With my significant other though, I'm a big sap. Whenever I see people kiss on TV, make love, exchange gifts, what have you... I think about my boyfriend and suddenly want to do all those things with or for him. I have fantasies, too like walking hand in hand with him on the beach. All that cliche' stuff... I want it, I want all of it. D: On rare ocassions, he'll make me blush and giggle so much that I have to sit down and compose myself. Oddly, during those times, he's teaching me how to fight or how to handle his weapons. I get all goo-goo eyed when he takes my hands and demonstrates how to do that stuff. Teehee~

:| Anyway... Um... Bye.

*slinks off to slaughter the Rebel scum*

• Love
PANDII. YOU WILL LET ME TOUCH YOU, RIGHT? D:
An expansion, since I just realized that there is something of a delineation for some:
I'm actually completely ridiculous with romantic words if I'm being serious. Fatal flaw for me. I can be the suavest person if I'm messing around and joking but if I need to talk about real and serious feelings, I'll probably end up yelling and swearing a lot and telling the other person to shut up. But I love being near the people I care about. So, uh, you know I care when it sounds like "Shut the hell up, I just think your stupid ass is pretty great, okay?"

Kitti, you can touch me wherever you want. ;D (Can't believe I failed to mention that.)