Homework...

• Thread starter All My Love Is Books
  • Start date
Signals and Systems? Where the freak do all of these people go to school at?! I mean [MENTION=45]Spammy[/MENTION] is taking some strange courses that I have never heard of. [MENTION=1775]Lstorm[/MENTION]; you are also taking some weird courses I have never heard of. What happened to English and Math!? O_O Or Business (what I am still doing 10,000 years later).

Okay, my beloved state of irresponsibility was promptly destroyed by my not-so-beloved professor. I have to design particularly cute diagram for manufactory of aniline. Just my luck, really. I guess this is a karmic punishment for boasting here :D

I don't even know what that is. xD Anything graphics related and you lost me.

Oh, it has nothing to do with design, trust me :D It's a chemical technology. Nobody wants me to draw a perfect distillation colon; I can use squares and rectangles if I want to. In essence, my task is to devise a way to manufacture aniline. Yes, there is a known approach to that, but the factories don't give away all important details I need to incorporate in my diagram. So... yeah :D

I find that I do not hate math so long as I spend the time to get it and actually GET it, Then it's super easy because your just problem solving.

Math; when I did my Alegbra (yes I'm stupid when it comes to math) I totally loved that. I know I used the word LOVE. I understood it though and I like doing problems, but when they get complicated and you start adding all of these things then I don't like it. I like doing (x + 2y)(y - 3x) and you have to figure it out. I get that stuff and I can do it.

I'm done with math though and moved onto more fun things such as... my research paper I am doing right now. I've decided that I am moving to Mexico. For every dollar I trade in I get over 12 Pesos in Mexico. Nevermind the mafia that resides there and will probably kill me. I'LL BE RICH. >D

Outside of (a) math, or (b) finalizing paper drafts and not having a computer classroom, I never understood homework. Nor do I give it to my students if it can be helped. The only times are when we're covering a concept that's reeeeeeeeaally hard for students to grasp (mind you, it's an ESL course) and they need the extra practice and we've used too much class time to cover it. But those are rare occasions.

Then again I teach in a really awesome program that pushes students to practice what they've learned in more social settings.

Yeah. I will never use the line graphs I learned outside of class. Nor the business part of my paper (even if the information was interesting).

I am studying French, German, and English Lit, all of which I have to study at least one novel for:

French: La Symphonie Pastorale
German: Die Verlorene Ehre der Katharina Blum
English: Burial at Thebes (Antigone)
King Lear
The Pardoner's Prologue and Tale
Jane Eyre
Wide Sargasso Sea
The Illusionist
Ugh.

Guess what I'm studying for my Os!
English
Malay