History Medieval RP Search

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

sivilia

sultry empress
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
If you're interested in English/British history, this is the place for you. If not, it isn't.

So I want to do an rp set in medieval Britain, revolving around historical characters. The rp itself doesn't have to be entirely historically accurate, but having a grasp on history would go a long way! I don't mind if we play as historical characters (kings, queens, lords, etc) or as fictional characters in the period, but I'm more than likely going to always be a historical domain character. More often than not, we are going to twist history - creating relationships and pairings that aren't historically accurate, as well as events, almost like giving our own twist to the history. Think Assassin's Creed.

I am aware how hopeful I'm being but I'm going to try nonetheless XD

Rules to Follow

[spoili]
- THREADS ONLY.
I can't do PM roleplays. I have done a few before in my time, but I find them difficult to follow and a little uncomfortable. For me, PMs are for OOC chat alone, so I can't be convinced to roleplay in PMs. I'm sorry.

- NO ANIME.
If you can only do anime characters, please don't approach me. I know it sounds picky, but 85% of the time, it throws off my ability to relate to the characters if they are anime. I only ever do anime if the plot is incredibly strong, but I'm not going to be tempted to do anymore rps with this format, so don't ask me, please. Realistic art is perfectly fine, though, as are real pictures. Again, I'm sorry.

- KNOW YOUR STUFF.
I'm not asking for 100% accuracy, but know some stuff. If you don't know at least the basics of the period, and aren't willing to at least source wikipedia (ugh, I know) if you aren't that strong on your stuff, then this probably isn't for you. The only exception to this is if you're willing to really delve into plotting in full detail.

- ENJOY YOURSELF.
Goes without saying :)) I promise I'm really friendly![/spoili]

RPS

• My Character = Harold Harefoot

This rp consists of Vikings! It will be set in 1035 CE, when Harold Harefoot discovers that his father, King Canute the Great, is dead. His younger brother, Harthacnut, is the heir to the kingdom but he is currently trapped in Denmark. Your character can be anyone, from a lowly prostitute to a Viking warrioress who seeks alliance with England, but it will essentially be exploring Viking culture and a civil war. It could also be a civilised vs barbarian rp, if we consider Harold to be a "domesticated" Viking king trying to tame a wilder Viking warrioress.

Plot potential historical characters you can play as:

> Harthacnut

This would be a historical AU, of course. This would consist of Harthacnut returning from Denmark to England to reclaim his throne from his older brother. There would be a contest for power since Harold, as the older son, believes he has the right to the throne, while Harthacnut, having been chosen by Canute, believes that he is the chosen heir to the throne. The rp could involve Harold and Harthacnut coming to some sort of co-rule arrangement, trying to kill one another, having a friendly rivalry, or even go into an MxM rp. We can discuss in OOC.

> Emma of Normandy or Edward the Confessor

Regardless of which character you choose, this rp would play out fairly the same. All that would change is whether it is MxM or MxF.

With multiple NPC characters, this explores the death of Alfred Aetheling at the hands of Harold's mutinous men. Since Emma was Alfred's mother and Edward was his brother, they will both be emotionally driven by Alfred's death and hold Harold accountable. With Emma's son / Edward's older half-brother, Harthacnut, still in Denmark, Emma / Edward have to come to terms with their own captivity in London, and the fact that Harold is the King of England, and they might even be conspiring against Harold to replace him with Harthacnut. However, as they spend more time in London trying to contest Harold, they are forced to spend time in his presence, where they gradually start to warm to him.
  • Here are a list of kings I am willing to play as and work on ideas with:

> William the Conqueror / Harold Godwinson
    > William II / Henry I
    > Stephen / Matilda
    > Henry II
    > Richard I / John
    > Edward II (MxM)
    > Edward III
    > Henry VI / Edward IV / Richard III / Henry VII

Actually, pretty much any king prior to Henry VIII. The above mentioned are ones that I have a basic idea for a plotline that could be worked on. Any other kings that aren't listed are kings that I don't have a plot on, but if you want to present me with a plot involving them, I will get incredibly involved. My knowledge of history is about 9/10 so I'm most likely going to be familiar with anything that is thrown at me.

Note that I have little interest in doing a story revolving around Henry VIII, unless it's a mostly smut-based one, with multiple characters.
  • Other Periods of History I'd RP

> Ancient Greece - particularly anything related to the Greco-Persian Wars. I'd willingly play as Miltiades or Thermocules, or the Persians. I'm not down for playing as Gods, or supernatural elements, but worship of them can be involved.

> Ancient Rome - Caesar, Augustus, Nero, Hadrian, Trajan - my strong points of knowledge.

> First Crusade - although this is also Assassin's Creed really, as I'd like to do an Altair x Malik rp, not caring which of the two I rp as

> Ancient China - anything between Shi Huangdi and the fall of Western Jin. I'd particularly like to do something revolving around the War of the Eight Princes, but nobody seems to be down for this :((

> Sengoku Era - if I could be Ishida Mitsunari or Sakon Shima, awesome. If you prefer Surname-First Name or First Name-Surname, I can easily change for you. I also have an OC available here.

> Ancient Egypt - we can go historical or straight up making stuff up using history as a loose frame, I don't mind.

MY LIST OF FACE CLAIMS (If I take on said character)

[spoili]
3391591-2263529504-Robb-.jpg
[/spoili]
King Harold Harefoot

[spoili]
fa444e9a606b7755b391ed1510f8e311.jpeg
[/spoili]
King William I

[spoili]
robert-baratheon.jpg
[/spoili]
King Henry II

[spoili]
kingarthur3_large.jpg

king-arthur-pictures.jpg

[/spoili]
King Stephen

[spoili]
Viking-quest__11.jpg
[/spoili]
King Henry II

[spoili]
Game-of-Thrones-Jon-Snow-in-Battle-of-the-Bastards.jpg

jon-jon-snow-35787645-2832-4232.jpg

Jon-Snow-played-by-Kit-Harington-in-Game-of-Thrones-450562.jpg

[/spoili]
King Richard I

[spoili]
medium_1cf5a90c7e03d3aa11ee871535f29c49.jpeg

gper-hollowcrown-richard-web1.jpg
[/spoili]
King John

[spoili]
131215163651-05-peter-otoole-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

otoole_troy.jpg
[/spoili]
King Henry III

[spoili]
eric-bana-in-una-scena-di-troy-4569.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

troy-achilles-vs-hector-dovus-sahnesi_8864173-44540_640x360.jpg
[/spoili]
King Edward I

[spoili]
Brandon's_execution.jpg
[/spoili]
King Edward II

[spoili]
tumblr_mxnx4a1HB31qgzsc3o9_250.gif

c85641d6767880d3e26c354a3427514b.jpg
[/spoili]
King Edward III

[spoili]
7cf05d2b8490cde6a431280e2512eadd.jpg
[/spoili]
Prince Edward, Prince of Wales

[spoili]
the-hollow-crown-s02e01-henry-vi-part-i-720p-hdtv-x264-tla-large.jpg
[/spoili]
King Richard II

[spoili]
81491eccee286a63a2e323c8bbd111cd.jpg

TheHollowCrownJeremyI008.jpg
[/spoili]
King Henry IV

[spoili]
tumblr_mhyuwuzhqX1r2tbuso1_500.png

1d855c2001dcf90be06c5883ded0afab.jpg
[/spoili]
King Henry V

[spoili]
Henry+VI.png
[/spoili]
King Henry VI

[spoili]
4cfbf97f3e110bd1459f8dcfd76d4cbd.jpg

20131001-064822-p-m.jpg
[/spoili]
King Edward IV

[spoili]
2017%2F2%2F7%2F8785ca4b-f4dd-4a30-853a-32bff793c1ee.jpg

tumblr_noq823X3u71tij96qo7_1280.jpg
[/spoili]
Prince George, Duke of Clarence

[spoili]
The-White-Queen-BBC-image-the-white-queen-bbc-36423990-500-281.jpg

3b2b53fc772f5a315a24c1081260ffcf.png
[/spoili]
King Richard III

[spoili]
henry-vii-white-queen.jpg
[/spoili]
King Henry VII

[spoili]
69d8fdd71d74ca2e746ce39fbf4cedc0.jpg
[/spoili]
King Henry VIII

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm torn between ancient Egypt and Rome! Unless we do a Cleopatra and Mark Antony pairing of sorts. Or we could do two different ones if you're interested.

I'm torn between ancient Egypt and Rome! Unless we do a Cleopatra and Mark Antony pairing of sorts. Or we could do two different ones if you're interested.
I'd be interested in a Mark Antony x Cleopatra pairing! Send me a PM :))

I saw VIKINGS and I want it even though we have a historical RP already

Still looking :))

Status
Not open for further replies.