His Past, Her Mistake

With a scream, Miyanna clung fearfully to Aryn as he rose up into the sky with her. She had been about to yell with all her hellish fury for him to leave her alone when he had blocked her way, but all that rage had swiftly left her at the sight of the land quickly growing fainter and fainter. "Aryn, put me back down! Please!" She cried, her heart beating rapidly in her chest in pure, unadulterated fear. How could he be grinning at this? How could he possibly be taking delight in making her scared out of her wit? She would kill him after this. Kill him and never want to see him again.
"Put me back on the ground!" She yelled at him, her fearful eyes wide when he kissed her once more, her form having none of his advances as she turned her head away. "I am NOT showing you affection up here!" She hissed, close to tears while still clinging to him. "Just take me down! Please, I'm begging you!!" She was genuinely terrified of the height he had taken her too.

He nodded once, flying lower as he took her back to their tree, setting her down at the base of the trunk. He stood over her, looking like nothing short of an avenging angel, his expression sad and serious as he looked down at her, his wings outstretched. He knew his expression sometimes scared people- it looked to old to be on his face. But it wasn't; he was over three hundred years old and so tired of being alone. No one could understand that, he knew. His sorrow was a weight he had to carry alone.
He knelt down beside her, never breaking eye contact with her beautiful green eyes. He wanted to kiss her again, but he held back, saying instead, "I don't think you answered my inquires." His wings bent towards her slightly as the wind started to pick up, shielding her from the wind.

((I'm so, so, so sorry! DX School has been swarming me. D: ))

Miyanna was thankful, even if she didn't show it at the present time, that he was taking them down to the ground. She still clung to him even as they descended, hesitantly letting go when he settled her down at the base of the tree in which they had spent much of their time together before all of this commotion. She let out a somewhat shaky breath, brushing back her hair in order to busy herself from the fear that still consumed her, raging inside even now that she was safely on solid ground. Her eyes were too busy to notice his expression, one that seemed to far out date his face despite his hidden age.
"I think I made myself clear on your questions earlier when I told you to leave me alone Aryn!" She snapped at him, his statement to her turning the fear inside her sour and bitter, though it wasn't aimed at him. It was aimed at herself mostly, and the feelings that dwelled inside, she merely just projected it upon him in order to take the bitter sting of her self loathing away. Her eyes then flicked to him, feeling the wind pick up until his wings began to shield her from it. The action caused her to sigh lightly, pulling her legs to her chest while her gaze flicked away. "Just go away. Go live the rest of your life doing what you do and I'll go do mine. We're worlds apart, and we can't ever be together," she told him, her words sounding harsh and brutal but she knew it was the only way to make him realise that she was speakign the truth to him.

((It's alright. I'll just keep the thread alive :) ))

Aryn's eyebrows pulled together as he brought his face closer to hers. "You don't understand, Miyanna." He ran a hand through his tousled hair in exasperation. "I've been alone for so long, Miyanna. YEARS!" He yelled. He lowered his voice with a difficulty unknown to him. "I can't wait any longer," he said. "And my heart chose you. This wasn't exactly my choice, you know." He looked away from her then as he felt tears sting the backs of his eyes. He couldn't cry now. "I thought I was damned before," he said quietly. "But now, with you here lying to me, I know I am."

He turned away from her, left the wind biting her and screaming in her hair, and wrapped his wings around himself, large enough to conceal him as he sat a few feet away from her, and, finally, was able to cry. A thought, a single thought, repeated itself in his head like a one-line nursery rhyme.
What's the point of crying if there's no one to comfort you?

Miyanna blinked, her eyes looking back to him when she heard the sound of movement, a small gasp escaping her lips when she noticed just how close he was to her. She swallowed slightly, her eyes growing cold in order to hide her sadness when he told her the truth; that she didn't understand. Of course she didn't understand, she couldn't, since she hadn't been alone like he had for as long as he had. It must have been torture and yet she still refused, even now, to push her nature aside and become one with him. She had been about to speak to him, to tell him that he was correct, until he yelled, making her stiffen and press back against the tree. She hadn't expected such rage from him, sadness yes but not rage. It made her contemplate just how much emotion he was feeling as she watched him turn away from her with a small breath, her eyes flicking somewhat shamefully to her lap.
Her shame only intensified when he spoke aloud once more, claiming that her lies only made it certain that he was damned, but it quickly changed to bitter rage within her, completely of her subconscious mind. "What do you want from me Aryn!?" She hissed slightly, looking to him with her own raging, glossy eyes. "I'm a Siren! I don't love; I lure men and then eat their life essence! I couldn't be with you even if I wanted too!" She cried to him, doing nothing as her hair swirled around her, obscuring her vision slightly as he left her for the appealing solitude of his lonesome, making her huddle up even more to fight against the biting wind, though her attempts were futile. However, despite the brisk wind she refused to move, her mind a flurry of thoughts and emotions, which helped to distract her from the cold.

Aryn heard her, but he was falling to pieces again, and he needed time to pull himself together. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, standing and extending his wings, looking down at her with his tear-streaked face- but the tears were black, as if all the shadows on Earth had liquidated and fallen from his eyes. He looked through her eyes and saw a stranger, a dark angel that had been tortured and had come for revenge but also was filled with a seemingly inexplicable sorrow. "Nothing is out of anyone's control," he said, his voice slightly unsteady, but he knew he would be heard nonetheless. "And I knew a Siren, once, who could love. She was like you, fire and ice. But she- she overcame that. I don't want anything from you. I need you. When someone like me loves, a piece of our heart is devoted solely to that person." He paused. "And I couldn't truly leave you even if I wanted to." He cocked his head at her, and his voice grew softer, gentler.

"You love, Miyanna. Everything on Earth and Above does. You just need to let yourself." He closed his eyes, his palms facing her as his wings bent slightly towards her. A tear hung delicately off of his chin before falling to the ground. The tear turned the earth black, but nothing died. it was as if something had just dyed that patch of grass a deep purple, black to the naked eye. He didn't move.

Miyanna hissed to herself when she realized just how much of a fool she was being right now, her mind having made its decision on what she was going to do even if it was going to hurt her in the end. She was about to get to her feet when she spotted Aryn rising, his tear stained face looking to her, only the wet trails were black instead of clear, making her own green hues widen slightly. She swallowed nervously, unaware that he was looking through her eyes, seeing himself how she currently was; he wasn't the Aryn that she had first seen and been with, the one that her heart was slowly melting for."Yes it is." Miyanna quipped to him quickly, harshly, when he claimed that nothing was out of anyone's control, her eyes flicking away from him. Her insatiable hunger was something she couldn't control and she knew deep inside that one person would never be enough to satisfy it fully. When he began to speak of another Siren that was capable of loving she gritted her teeth, balling her hands into fists. She tried to tune him out but his words continued to flow to her like silk, no matter how much she wanted to refuse to listen to his words. It was killing her inside to know that there was a chance he was right, that she could love and be with him, and she just couldn't handle it.
Miyanna continued to refuse his words, shaking her head to him as he stated that he couldn't truly leave her even if it had been what he desired. "No...You can leave me. Just walk away!" She cried to him, the ache of this rabid emotion named Love coursing through her like like boiling water, making her clutch at herself. "Please...Just go. I can't take this...To love is to die...I can't focus everything on you, you wouldn't be enough, it's never enough Aryn!" She cried to him, her own eyes glossy with tears as she looked to him, ignoring the tears that he shed. This pain may hurt him now, but in time he would see that this was for the best.

Aryn didn't speak for awhile, standing like a statue as she threw the words at him like she would throw a knife. The words were close to physical to him, and, for the first time in a thousand years, red scores appeared on an Angel's body. Angels didn't usually fall in love Sirens- the last was his own father, and he was gone now, his mother, the siren he had spoken of, was long dead. To love is to die, he projected into her, unable to move from the sorrow flowing out of him like blood, but only if you are afraid to do so. Only if you, yourself are afraid of being hurt, being betrayed.
Miyanna wasn't a fool, he knew, but any more words from her-words that would hurt him- would turn him to stone. It was the curse of his past, of his parentage. Angel blood was dominant, but the Siren blood was mixed with that and caused him to feel a thousand times stronger than a normal Angel. To have his heart broken was almost a death, a half-death that only the one who destroyed him could repair. It would turn him to stone and he would be helplessly trapped in his own body, unable to move. But he didn't tell her that. No, if she really hated him, why shouldn't he give in? He was so tired, and understood why his father killed himself, finally.
You cannot live without the other half, he thought to himself.

Miyanna sobbed quietly to herself after her outburst noticing through the haze of her tears that Aryn hadn't moved one single inch as she hurled her bitter words at him, the odd lack of movement making her head tilt and a curious expression laced with sadness cross her face. "Aryn?" She called out, her small hands coming to brush her hair back from her face as the wind once again tried to obscure her view, her fingers wiping the tears from her blazing green eyes and freckled cheeks before she slowly stood to her feet.
It was now that she noticed the red marks upon his skin, the redness glaring at her angrily as if placing the blame on her. her eyes widened and she looked to him, looking dead in his eyes, as she came closer to him despite her words for him to leave. "Aryn answer me!" She begged, her hands coming up to touch his face gently despite their shaking, her mind being overflown with the regret and sadness of causing him this pain. Above all else she felt rage at herself for having been so selfish to him and his feelings for her, the realization that if she were to be happy then she would have to give in to this chance and give herself to him, regardless of the insatiable hunger coursing through her.
"Please," she continued on, her voice soft against the raging wind as she leaned in to gently kiss his cheeks, holding herself to him. "Please say something...Please don't leave me..." She whispered against his lips, her envy green hues looking over his statue-still form with fear that he wouldn't respond to her and would leave her alone in this world, just as she always had been.

Aryn moved slightly, flecks of cement that had been nearly unnoticeable before coming of the backs of his hands and halfway up his arm. His eyes opened and a hand reached up to caress her cheek gently. A crease formed in between his eyebrows as he looked at her, as if he were surprised that she was there, and not far away and letting him turn to stone until he crumbled years later.
"I won't leave you," he murmured, feeling exhausted but elated at the deep red of love that encased Miyanna. Even if she didn't realize it, she had fallen in love with him, and their red auras touched like lovers.
He kissed her, softly, unable to resist her, unwilling. His hand cupped the back of her neck, the other reaching up to hold the small of her back, hold her to him.
"Being alone, but sated, is the worst place you can be," he breathed against her lips.

Miyanna's eyes widened slightly when he finally began to move, noticing the light flecks of cement that fell from him as he was saved from the terrible fate that she had been unknowingly leading him too. If she had continued she would have severely regretted allowing him to become a prisoner in his own, stone form. With a soft smile she nuzzled his hand as it caressed her cheek, her soft gaze watching as he looked to her in slight confusion, obviously unable to believe that she was actually there with him and not miles away living her own life, continuing on her ways as a Siren.
"Good..." Miyanna murmured back to him, completely elated that he would never leave her and that he had managed to change her mind from the repetitive circle that her life revolved around. She was unaware of her love for him, only just scratching the surface of her emotions with this small display of affection as she kissed him back softly, eagerly accepting his sweet kiss. She gave a light whine when he ended the kiss to speak, her eyes flicking over him when he stated that being alone but sated, was the worst place to be. She nodded slightly, staying close to him.
Miyanna wouldn't leave him now, she knew that she could never go back now - he would need to help her along with this as she had never been devoted just to one person in such a way. "Aryn..." She soon murmured softly, looking to him with a serious gaze now. "Will you...Be able to cope with my feeding habits? I'm always so hungry," she explained to him, her gaze flicking away slightly. The Irish Siren felt strange to know that he alone wouldn't be able to satisfy her in that respect, despite the fact she had no control over it.

Aryn laughed, the noise moving between them. "Actually, I know the answer to that, too." He kissed her again. "You see, the Siren I knew was determined to be only with her lover, and, because of the lover's age- older than any human's- she was able to feed solely off of her lover's life force." He smiled, as if recalling a fond memory. "And, no," he added at the look on her face, "I wasn't her lover. But that-" He kissed her forehead, "Is a story for another time."

Miyanna looked back at him, a mixture of hurt and confusion echoing in her gaze at him when he laughed, the noise having caught her off guard. What could he possibly be laughing at? This was a very serious matter because it meant life or death for her; how could he laugh at such an ultimatum? She continued to watch him curiously as he stated that he knew the answer, ignoring the kiss he gave her in favour for eagerly awaiting his explanation to her; this was something very important and her impatience showed easily in her expression and glossy green eyes.
"You...You're sure about this?" She murmured to him, her voice portraying her slight anxiety. What if this wasn't the case for her? She would never forgive herself for having to feed upon others and lure them in knowing that her feelings were for him and that he had deep running feelings for her also. It would kill her inside to do something so cruel to him. However, her expression changed to one of suspicion when he stated that a Siren could feed off her lovers essence alone, the obvious connotations clicking in her head until he spotted the look she gave him and explained that he wasn't the lover he had mention, leaving her in the dark on just what he had been to the Siren in his tale.
"Why can't you tell me now?" She urged him, her hands coming up to gently run through his hair, her eyes swimming in the emotions that swarmed through her as she looked to him, curious and eager to hear of how he knew such a fact.

He shrugged. "I just wanted to hold you," he said. "In the silence of the wind." He gave her a smile; of course, he was joking about the silence, as the wind was still ripping around them furiously. Miyanna's hair was a beautiful mess, as, he felt, was his own. He cleared his throat, looking in her eyes, which was a mistake- it made it harder to think straight.
"The Siren," he said, cupping her chin in his hand, "Was Italian-Irish, a very interesting combination, all red hair and brown eyes. Her lover was Spanish, dark skin, green eyes, dark hair." He paused for a moment as he kissed her nose. "When I was younger, I used to listen to their conversations through the walls, the Siren's worrying and her lover's reassurances. 'You have a son,' her lover had told her repeatedly. 'And I will never be depleted.'" His hand to her neck, caressing it gently.

"Those lovers," he murmured. "They were my parents."

Miyanna's eyes flicked over him as he stated that he simply wished to hold her, a small look of confusion crossing her freckled face as he stated 'in the silence of the wind' when it was obvious there was no wind. His smile made her roll her eyes somewhat playfully to him, shaking her head slightly despite the wind. He found her hair to be beautiful yet she found it to be very frustrating as she tried to push it out from obscuring her view of him. She was eager to learn of his past, wanting to see that he trusted her before she could divulge her own past to him.
She listened quietly as he told her of the Siren and her lover, the pieces not making sense in her mind at first and it showed upon her face. It only heightened when he kissed her nose in a pause, going on to say how he would listen to their conversation as a child. Her eyes soon widened when he told her that the lovers he was telling her so much about were his parents, the pieces of his story making sense to her now. "...Your parents..." She murmured softly, her lips barely away from his as her eyes looked over him, her gaze laced with lust. It seemed that her deep love for him, one that she was as of yet unaware of, only increased her lusting for the one that she felt such for and in this case it was him.

He nodded, very slightly as his whole body quivered at her closeness, her lips millimeters away from his. "They've both been gone a long time," he muttered. "Father was accepted back into Paradise after my mother died." He gave a small shrug. "It was... a century ago, I believe. Time runs together when you live forever." he pressed his lips softly to hers.

(( D: sorry for the short post! My mind is being derpy.))