Hidden Underneath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin shook his head. "I was never married or in a serious relationship. Like I said my social skills weren't the best. That's part if why I chose to be part of the experiment. I had nothing to lose. I thought being part of a specialized group would help me make the connections I never seemed to be able to make on my own. I don't have any family other than my father. And him I doubt I'll ever miss."

Jennifer nodded slowly. "I am sorry to hear that." Jennifer looked down at her watch. It was almost midnight. "I should be going now Griff. I hope to see and talk to you again if you wish." Jennifer said as she stood up and smiled at him, dusting herself off.

"Thank you for coming back. It means lot to me. I might not be the most social person but it is nice to have company. It gets lonely down here. I'm sorry that I kept you as late as I did. I hope that you get the a chance to come back. I would like to knis more about you." Griffin told her honestly. He stood and headed towards his cot.

Jennifer smiled at nodded to him. "I will be back then in the morning." With that Jennifer turned and left heading back to her home. When she entered she threw off her heels and lab coat. Her apartment was a very modern place. Everything was white, which she didn't fully understand, yet she lived with it. Her clothes were mostly, blacks and grey. She showered and went to bed. Went her alarm went off in the morning, she got dressed and cooked food for herself. Remembering that Griffin had not eaten since, she had feed him, she made him a few pancakes and placed them onto a plate, wrapping it in foil and placing a fork inside. There would be very people in the lab today. It was cleaning day, only technicians, and those that needed to be there were going to be in. Her own father would be out. As Jennifer pulled into the lab, she walked in and went straight downstairs. When she arrived, knowing it was very early in the morning she placed the plate in front of Griffin's cell,and quietly left as she heard his soft snores.

Griffin lay on his cot sating at the ceiling. He wondered how much the world had changed in the years that he had been down here. He was sure that it had to be a lot. Humans were always coming new things. Part of him wanted to see it. But he had to admit that he was scared of leaving the safety of his cage too. Hours after Jennifer left he finally fell asleep dreaming of the new world. He woke to the smell of something he hadn't smelled since he was a kid. He hurried to the bars of his cage. There was a plate of food. He smiled at Jennifer's thoughtfulness. He grabbed the plat and dug in.

Jennifer walked into her office and sat at her computer and began to go through her files and made it look as if she was working. Around noon she turned off her computer and went to the elevator and back downstairs. She went back to the basement and slowly walked down the hall. When she approached the cage she softly spoke. "Hi, Griffin."

Griffin enjoyed the pancakes. He hadn't eaten pancakes since his mother died when he was six. It was nice to have them and remember happier times. After he eat he set the plate outside his cage. He was prepared to spend another day alone. He was doing push IPS when he heard the elevator. He waited nervously until he heard Jennifer's voice. "You came back."

Jennifer smiled. "Of course I came back. I said I would. Did you take me for a liar?" Jennifer chuckled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I have a question Griffin. If you could be changed back...you would you want to be?" Jennifer had thought while she worked if it was possible for her to change him back. The technology had to be in the lab, it was there to change him the first time, it had to be there to change him back.

Griffin thought about the question. He wouldn't have refused a few years again. He had wanted nothing more than to be human again. No though. He was comfortable with who and what he was. "I don't know Jennifer. I stopped thinking of myself as a human years ago. I think if it was possible that I would take the chance despite the risks. But I don't know if the technology and notes still exist. If they did why has no one offered to try to reverse the process? If it could be done why leave me here?"

Jennifer nodded...he was right. "Yeah, that's true. I guess I had never thought of that." Jennifer felt bad, she wanted to help him, she just didn't know how.

((sorry for the shortness, kinda having writers block Dx))

"I would appreciate it if you looked. Maybe it just got misplaced or forgotten." Griffin told her sadly. He wanted to believe that he hadn't been purposely forgotten. He didn't want to believe that anyone would be cruel enough to leave him to die. Sure he didn't have anyone that would miss him. But he was still a human volunteer. Or atleast he used to be. Now he didn't know what he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.