HEY NEWBIES! .... (And I guess you oldies too. :d)

How did you find Iwaku?
You showed it to me, of course.

Do you have any friends here on Iwaku already?
I suppose I knew a few people here and there.

What is your favorite genres to roleplay in? Do you roleplay one more often than others?
Unfortunately I don't have one yet.

What is something you love to roleplay, but don't get to try often?
Again, I don't know yet.

How did you find Iwaku?

Snarky brit sent me a PM on another forum. I clicked the link therin by accident and saw a dark theme.

All those who know me and don't hate me I like to think are friends.

What is your favorite genres to roleplay in? Do you roleplay one more often than others?

They've evolved and changed so much since my arrival I can no longer answer this except to say anything with good plot potential and.. *cough* room far a old fashioned villainy.

Horror roleplays in the vein of silent hill, actract settings, characters with hinted symbology, personal struggles, character development arcs, What You Are In The Dark situations. You want a list? You got a year?

Something with a well planned plot and a GM flexible enough to allow players to affect it's outcome and plan around the players' actions without getting upset when they jump the rails. Where are those? (not in the spirit of the question but there you go)

How did you find Iwaku?
I think someone from another RP site linked me. Hells if I remember who.

Yeah, a few. Making some new ones, too.

Fantasy, modern, horror, sci-fi. Pretty much anything but slice of life.

Horror or murder mystery.

As promised, Diana, I have a post for you now I'm not so goddamn tired.

How did you find Iwaku?
Fluffy, Slyen and I all used to RP on another forum (this'll be back in 2008 I thinks); she left a link to Iwaku on it. I decided to give it a look, surfed the OOC threads, found 'Legacy'... and you guys kinda haven't been able to get rid of me since.

No you all suck. >:[

I seem to swing towards Horror RPs more than any other kind of game. I'm also quite the fan of Cyberpunk.

We have D&D, Shadowrun and Paranoia on the go here; I need to get my act together and run some World of Darkness.

How did you find Iwaku?
I used to be an RPer in the pockets of Gaia that actually had pretty serious RPs (that is, mostly RPing guilds). Jack Shade (then Ronin Shade) was a fellow RPer with me in some guild, we became friends and awhile after he'd become a member around here I was invited to take a look. That's about all there was to it.

Well, yeah, I think so. I think some of my friends have disappeared, but I'm always looking for more...

Fantasy fantasy fantasy. It's just about all I can write. Something about a fantasy setting--almost any fantasy setting with enough magic to it--really just sparks my imagination for characters, plots, etc.

I love action scenes, but I will qualify that I just don't get to do them as often as I'd like to. I enjoy describing the specific way in which my character attacks something, and when that something is an NPC, also the way it reacts.

How did you find Iwaku?
TNT, or Mabu, whatever you want to call him. Was stomping with me in Dawn of War 2 and we were talking about the short story I was putting into the competition for the Black Library, how I used to online RP and convinced me to come check it out.

A few.

My favorite genre, mostly because it's what i like to write my own short stories of, is in fantasy. However, here, I tend to roleplay in Sci Fi section cause those stories catch my interest more.

Medieval Era fantasy.

Oh look! Diana! *Glomps again*

How did you find Iwaku?
Chatango. Someone had a link in their profile so... Here I am.

What is this "friend" thing you keep talking about?

Anything except Yaoi... And sometimes Yaoi if there is no XXX stuff. Though I would most likly be an observer in that case.

Cowboy Bebop. I really really want to do that.

And maybe a Wing Zero roleplay. "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!"

How did you find Iwaku?
GabeZ pulled me from Gaia back when it was still Go-Gaia and we were on ProBoards. I went by a different Username back then. Ah, ProBoards.

I like to think I'm friends with most everyone. Especially those who frequent the CBox.

I rarely game anymore. When I did, it was all about medieval/fantasy and Horror. But I've become increasingly more attracted to realistic and modern themed games. Sci-fi is a new love for me.

My own games. Haha. I mean, I constantly plot but am too lazy to transfer to paper/screen.

How did you find Iwaku?

Loverless told me about Iwaku. We were both on another forum at the time.

When I first joined the only person I knew was Loveless

Everything!! Burning out on Romance though, for the most part.

Old west and High Seas with fantasy elements, also MAFIA RELATED RP! <<i am going to do that at some point.

How did you find Iwaku?
Heh, Google. I was looking through places I could roleplay, and this one just seemed perfect!

No, but I am open to meeting new people and making friends.

Fantasy. I do not know why, but fantasy is my favourite!

Hmm, I don't really know the answer to that question...

I've been here awhile but I wanted to fill this out for the hell of it.
How did you find Iwaku?

Blame that boy Frost. It's his fault that I'm here. Go harass him.

Well, Frost, obviously, and I tend to think that I'm a fairly well-liked member of the community. Whether that's true or not.

High Fantasy/Military. If I can swing a sword and be something almost human but not quite, I'm happy.
Modern Supernatural is beginning to eat my soul though.

Comedies - Thus, I tend to insert rather silly characters into serious games. Also, mysteries. A good mystery never hurt anybody.
Also, World of Daaaaaaaarkness. Love it. Never get to play it.

How did you find Iwaku?
I was drunk and googleing 40k,

Friends, Drinking buddies, possible snuggle-buddies....yeah

Sci-fi, Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, and of course the grim darkness of the 41st millennium

An actual good modern supernatural RP, without fagpires but including Vampires.

Reactions: 1 person
Survey:

How did you find Iwaku?

My frnd Heather a.k.a Loveless told me to join after the previous rp site I was on was dying.

Yes made quite a few in a very short time =D

Hm I prefer modern rp's or fantasy ones but sci fi and me don't go much along.

A real full fledge love rp srsly I never get to play that well, my bad luck I guess.

How did you find Iwaku?
I actually found it while Googling for a new RP site. I got tired of the crappy Potter themed RP site I was on. It was great to start on, but I needed more room to spread my wings, and this seemed a lot more active and more compatible to my RP style. I'm not much for fanfic type RPing. I found Iwaku through this site: http://roleplaying.top-site-list.com/

Actually, no. I plan on making friends though!!

Usually fantasy with an oriental twist. I'm heavily into kitsune folk-lore. I also like refugee and post-apocalyptic story lines. I play D&D as well as DM for a campaign, so traditional fantasy is also up my alley. I've played characters everywhere from military generals to traveling minstrels to fallen angels and lot of different things in between. I'm very flexible and can adapt to many roles easily.

Futuristic fantasy role-plays are always so much fun, but it's difficult to find people who are actually willing to step out of the normal and come up with cool new technology all on their own.

How did you find Iwaku?
I was bored at the site I've roleplayed in for years and did a Google search for something new. After running into many inactive rp sites, Iwaku popped up. I saw everyone is very active here so I was compelled to join.

Not a soul yet. As of this post, I've been a member all of thirty minutes. Still have to learn the ropes. Anyone care to show me?

Depends on what I'm in the mood for. I love fantasy, sci-fi, modern, paranormal. I'm fairly open to most genres. Lately the rp's I've been involved with are historical fantasy and paranormal.

My first ct ever made was an elf. I loved the magic and wonder of the fantasy realm. Playing with elves, centaurs, fae and anyone else who came to join. I admit to enjoying a good pirate rp from time to time.

How did you find Iwaku?
Gabe

All my friends are dead, they were playing with grenades, now all my friends are dead.

I unwillingly follow the Asmo-school of RPing.

Modern realistic and wuxia.

How did you find Iwaku?
About five-six years ago I followed a link here from Silent Hill Forum (not to be confused with Silent Hill Heaven) because one of the members there was a part of a Silent Hill RP here. On here he had an Angel avatar and had the username Angel (some sort of Buffy theme going on with the members I think). I didn't end up joining the site then, but about half a year ago I had the urge to RP and found my way back here.

Not really. Haven't been active enough I guess.

Fantasy...and horror.

I haven't roleplayed enough to figure that out yet :P

How did you find Iwaku?

Ah let's see, I used to be a roleplayer on Otaku Boards. Gabe grabbed me from there via PM and ever since late 2005 early '06 I've been on the Iwaku.

Of course, it isn't hard at all to make friends here. The main crew I roll with is Weavel, Miru, and myself.

Supernatural or moderate fantasy. I like the idea of having limitations in powers and as you progress through the story, advancing those to extremes. I feel rules and restriction really let you play more with your brain.

Modern Supernatural as it has a habit of breaking down after the first few posts. For some reason there isn't enough push.

I also love mystery involving real statistics. However, it is a pain to roleplay because everything has to be absolutely controlled by one person as far as the crime is concerned. Thus there is more or less a guessing game rather than development. It seems like the GM will just have to hand out too many freebies.

How did you find Iwaku?
uhmm, i googled some roleplaying sites and i saw this wonderful site, so i was like, what the hell. :)

.......*sad face*

i love them victorian kinds of roleplays, anything really.

i would love some westerns or i would really love like a roleplay about a psych ward or shomethin'

How did you find Iwaku?
I am totally unsure about how I found Iwaku, that time of my life is a haze... Especially after the one year disappearance.

I knew Roru from like 2003 or 2004, long before I was aware of this pit of despair. But Roru, Okami and Fluffers are my main crew.

Fantasy and modern fantasy based off of comic books.

There's alot of them, actually. A romance that isn't all super sappy but actually intelligent, where they don't automatically go behind curtains and fuck the moment they meet, and a non-magical historical rp that isn't really boring in its 'get your facts straight' ideologies.