HEXAMORE ✦ The Arcane Heresy | A Low-Magic/Dark Fantasy DnD-Lite Game

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I just read through this, and I am interested if there is room! I also have no prior DnD experience, but I am adaptable! If you have room for me, please let me know!

Merry Crisis, everyone!
I know what I said.

Where do you get your pictures? That's my question. I recognize Sorin in the group one, though I dont know the others off hand.

Also, circlets?

Honestly though your stuff looks great.
Thank you! It's been a while since I had a chance to design some things and hack my way through BBCode like a serial killer. Huh. What?

Yes. Circlets. Weirdly regressive... right?

Pinterest is where I find most if not all my art. Once you get it trained to show you weird fantasy stuff (and not a million casserole recipes,) it's a treasure trove of really good character and scene art. I use it as a story board for my writing. If you need help locating anything, I promise I don't have one million pictures saved or anything. It's bad... I need help.

Is it a problem if I have practically no dnd experience? I've been eyeing this, and I've also just started reading something that has given me inspiration for the type of character I'd like to play (noble, corrupt/hedonistic, paladin, probably dragonborn-descended).
No problem at all. I am not requiring any DnD experience. It's just a mechanical device to be used to help frame the story, it's not the story itself. Also, everyone's gotta start somewhere when it comes to DnD. This game will be mechanics light and most of the more crunchy stuff will be processed by me, a living super-fallible computer who likes maths and the subsequent math rocks.

Glad this caught your eye! Hm. And I like that character concept. Fortunately, in 5e, paladins/clerics/other divine classes don't have to be good they just have to be loyal to their oath/domain/etc. So, it allows for some moral flexibility. And I tried to include a spectrum of gods to choose from, but even then... paladins are oath-based, and there are some pretty interesting oaths in 5e.

I just read through this, and I am interested if there is room! I also have no prior DnD experience, but I am adaptable! If you have room for me, please let me know!
Like I said, no DnD experience required. And there's plenty of room. I don't have a solid cap, because I don't imagine I'll be busting at the seams with applicants. So, go right on ahead, and I'm glad you liked it!

Reactions: SilverPaw
I really like the elements of this setting. For character creation: do you have any restrictions on content we can use to generate our characters?

I really like the elements of this setting. For character creation: do you have any restrictions on content we can use to generate our characters?
Awesome. I am so glad to hear it! The only restrictions I have been using are things published by Wizard of the Coast. I would throw in some third party, because I love Kobold Press, but building it in is hard. If you don't have access to that, let me know. You can make real vague suggestions to further pare down in a character sheet. So, Variant Human and whatever Class. If you want to talk to me about class, I am open to it!

Due to this sudden surge of interest and sign-ups (I'm going through them now), please head on over to the Discord to talk about the RP and characters.

CLICK

Is this perhaps still open?

Is this perhaps still open?
I'm probably good with one or two more people. We got two monks, a fighter, a rogue, a paladin, and a ranger. So, probably something a little less DPS centric. We lack an intelligence class character (wizard or alchemist) or a lot of divines. And you are not barred from doing arcane, there's just the societal rules. I am going to put a lock on the warlock class for now, as I think that would be better to happen in game.