Help me stay awake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what kind of reaction you were hoping for in a thread that's basically, "lol my friend and I are mixing drugs because we don't like being sober, keep us alive by distracting us".

As a guy who's fighting through intense post surgery pain and wants to get off of opioids so he can go home and not have to keep my life on hold, someone going "tee hee~ I'm an addict" is basically like trying to muster up sympathy for somebody who thought it would be fun shoving their dick in a coffee grinder.

So either ball up and go overboard, or get help, but either way, nobody gives a flying fuck about your poor life choices.

I really don't know what kind of reaction you were hoping for in a thread that's basically, "lol my friend and I are mixing drugs because we don't like being sober, keep us alive by distracting us".

As a guy who's fighting through intense post surgery pain and wants to get off of opioids so he can go home and not have to keep my life on hold, someone going "tee hee~ I'm an addict" is basically like trying to muster up sympathy for somebody who thought it would be fun shoving their dick in a coffee grinder.

So either ball up and go overboard, or get help, but either way, nobody gives a flying fuck about your poor life choices.
This.

I mean. I for one give somewhat of a flying fuck.

But, my issue is moreso that this is not the place to get help, and part of me kind of wants to convince OP that help is out there, but... I also feel like such attempts would be futile and frustrating, and that I shouldn't bother... which is a shame, because I don't like seeing people dig themselves into deeper holes.

Because, yeah, call me stupid or gullible or whatever -- but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume that these kinds of threads are made by people who aren't just attention-seeking and who are legitimately struggling with something, but who are still going about solving their problems in entirely the wrong way.

But, whether it's attention-seeking or not, this thread is still downright uncomfortable to read. >_>

I mean. I for one give somewhat of a flying fuck.

But, my issue is moreso that this is not the place to get help, and part of me kind of wants to convince OP that help is out there, but... I also feel like such attempts would be futile and frustrating, and that I shouldn't bother... which is a shame, because I don't like seeing people dig themselves into deeper holes.

Because, yeah, call me stupid or gullible or whatever -- but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume that these kinds of threads are made by people who aren't just attention-seeking and who are legitimately struggling with something, but who are still going about solving their problems in entirely the wrong way.

But, whether it's attention-seeking or not, this thread is still downright uncomfortable to read. >_>

The fact this comes across as something that's more along of a "help enable us, we just want to have fun and refuse to ask for professional help overcoming our stupid choices we refuse to acknowledge as a problem!" as opposed to a legitimate cry for help makes it impossible to muster sympathy.

An internet forum where we're all strangers and being asked to help keep their poor choice party going? Nah. I just overheard a guy the other day get told by his doctor that his cancer will kill him, I'm going to reserve my sympathy for people like that instead.

Reactions: LunaValentine
The fact this comes across as something that's more along of a "help enable us, we just want to have fun and refuse to ask for professional help overcoming our stupid choices we refuse to acknowledge as a problem!" as opposed to a legitimate cry for help makes it impossible to muster sympathy.

I never said that he should be coming to a place like Iwaku instead of seeking professional help. I agree that that isn't a good thing. But... meh. I already PM'ed you most of my other thoughts on this.

Guys, this is really not the type of conversation that is appropriate to have on this type of forum. We're all for flexibility of speech but Iwaku isn't really the place to discuss illicit drug use, and we're not qualified to give this kind of advice.

@Maddeline if you or your SWIY need help with this, I suggest searching out more appropriate avenues of doing so rather than the General section of a Roleplay forum like Iwaku.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.