Healthy eating?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
90% of resolutions are to do with ones health, and while exercise is definitely important; a lot of us make our first step toward health in the kitchen

What healthier choices do you make in your food? Do you follow a strict diet, or try to choose the lesser evil? Do you worry about fat or carbohydrates or salt or artificial additives or all the above?

Personally, I'm a huge sweet tooth, so cutting baked goods or sugars entirely is just not possible. Instead I quit pop and sugary juices, and try to limit my bread/wheat product intake. Instead of snacking all day on sweets, I limit my sugar fix to one dessert after dinner.

I don't really worry about natural fats like the fat in meat, butter, etcetera; those fats burn off pretty quick with a little exercise, but I avoid hydrogenated fats like canola oil etcetera like a plague

I have learned a whole new appreciation for Soup, fruit, raw veggies, dinner leftovers, salads, tea, and milk

Last edited:
Reactions: Torsty
I personally love food but I'm strict with it. I won't eat anything "fatty" except twice a week, and when I eat it's in small portions spread out through five meals.

I'm not that big of a sweet tooth, so staying away from those is simple. I also split my nutrition in a rather unique way than most where I eat mostly protein rich foods in the mornings and evenings and stick with carbs in the afternoon.

Over all I eat healthy cause I like to look sexy. I eat a shit load of vegetables (a shitton of spinach), low fat meats and protein sources like fat free greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I just stay away from heavy, fatty foods day to day and eat small portions throughout the day. I drink tons of water as well.

THAT BEING SAID

I have my moments when I'm not training where I eat everything in huge quantities and drink all the time. I call it my recharge period.